Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 228750 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:53 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2012, 09:49:22 PM »

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2012, 10:26:19 PM »
I know some atheists will say that the more they learn about science the more they disbelieve in God. For me on the other hand, the more I learn about how the world works, science, etc... the more I believe in God and indeed it led me to Islam.

I think it's been demonstrated quite conclusively that what you know about science can be summed up in two words: "sai... ens?"

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2012, 08:49:55 AM »
I think it's been demonstrated quite conclusively that what you know about science can be summed up in two words: "sai... ens?"

Just because I rejected darwinism and your atheism does not mean I denounce science. I can talk all day long about the human body on a macro and micro level, but still do not accept the theory and belief of darwinism. It is something you personally cling onto because there are only two options. Either the universe is created by God or it magically accidentally happened and the belief in the darwin theory is the best you have.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2012, 08:53:13 AM »
Just because I rejected darwinism and your atheism does not mean I denounce science. I can talk all day long about the human body on a macro and micro level, but still do not accept the theory and belief of darwinism. It is something you personally cling onto because there are only two options. Either the universe is created by God or it magically accidentally happened and the belief in the darwin theory is the best you have.

It absolutely does mean you reject science.   
A

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2012, 10:35:53 AM »
Science is a tool, darwinism is just a belief and a theory that not all people accept. Darwin doubted himself in his own writings saying if a complex organism were to be found his theories founded on visual observations would crumble. Indeed he did not even know the makeup of the cell as all he saw with his microscope was a blob.

Later atheists evolved darwin's theories with similar explanations but none the less it still remains a belief. This is not a thread for that.

I reject this theory/belief and not science. To me believing that we come from monkies and then further back from rodents and further even back sea creatures is nothing but conjecture. I am not obliged to believe in it and I do not see it as science.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2012, 10:58:37 AM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »
 :o

V

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2012, 01:41:17 PM »
Just because I rejected darwinism and your atheism does not mean I denounce science.

The totality of your posts, and the nonsense you spout within them, stand as proof that you denounce science.

I can talk all day long about the human body on a macro and micro level, but still do not accept the theory and belief of darwinism.

Your acceptance of the theory of evolution is irrelevant. For one thing, you clearly aren't versed enough on the subject to have an informed opinion, so whatever opinion you do hold is worthless. Besides, your "accceptance" means nothing; the observable facts are what they and whether you choose to accept them has no bearing on them - or reality.

It is something you personally cling onto because there are only two options. Either the universe is created by God or it magically accidentally happened and the belief in the darwin theory is the best you have.

The "darwin theory" has nothing to do with the creation the Universe. You know nothing about science, your assertions that you do notwithstanding. As I said earlier, "the totality of your posts, and the nonsense you spout within them, stand as proof that you denounce science." This post only helps to reinforce that point, and to show just how completely clueless you are on scientific topics in general.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
 :o

V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »

V

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »
Please start your own thread thank you :)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2012, 08:19:42 PM »
Ahmed, I gotta hand it to you.

You get destroyed every day on here and you keep coming back for more.

Maybe you should go out and educate yourself.
G

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »

This is a common claim I hear often from converts and those born into other religions who later start to really study Islam. In '96 I was over at the apartment of one of the girls in my acting class. We ere rehearsing a scene we had to do together, and she had an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful tapestry on her wall, which I asked about it. She said it was a gift from her boyfriend and that it was verses from the Quran. I asked her if she was a Muslim, and she replied that she wasn't, but that her boyfriend was. Then she proceeded to tell me how Islam is not like how it's depicted on TV, and that it was soooo beautiful. I swear she almost started crying as she tried to describe for me the beauty she had found while learning about it. She was REALLY moved to the point of tears
w

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2012, 12:33:06 AM »

This is a common claim I hear often from converts and those born into other religions who later start to really study Islam. In '96 I was over at the apartment of one of the girls in my acting class. We ere rehearsing a scene we had to do together, and she had an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful tapestry on her wall, which I asked about it. She said it was a gift from her boyfriend and that it was verses from the Quran. I asked her if she was a Muslim, and she replied that she wasn't, but that her boyfriend was. Then she proceeded to tell me how Islam is not like how it's depicted on TV, and that it was soooo beautiful. I swear she almost started crying as she tried to describe for me the beauty she had found while learning about it. She was REALLY moved to the point of tears

Islam also moved me to tears when I heard about the atrocities Muslims commit in the name of God, also the way they oppress women and the way Islam encouraged Muslims to despise and hate non muslims was very touching, the way they protest in western countries threatening to behead people who don't agree with them is truly beautiful.  I was especially moved when I learnt about their deep appreciation for terrorism and how they feel completely justified blowing up innocent people.  Islam is a very touching religion, it moves one similar to a bomb blast triggered by a Muslim and his/her Suicide Vest.  Truly beautiful religion.
V

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2012, 04:38:07 AM »

It's soooo beautiful that she should be stoned to death for having an extra-marital relationship.

According to Islam at least....just like adulterers, people dressing differently, homosexuals, people leaving the religion, non-believers etc.

A truly peaceful religion....which advocates the use of the sword, military invasion and forced conversions to spread its 'message' in the name of peace.

People like that woman you mentioned are what the Soviets used to refer to as 'useful idiots'.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2012, 08:57:39 AM »
Islam American patriotism also moved me to tears when I heard about the atrocities Muslims American soldiers commit in the name of God, country, and spreading democracyalso the way they oppress gays, minorities, and women and the way Islam the US government encouraged Muslims Americansto despise and hate non muslims was very touching, the way they protest in western countries threatening to behead arrest, imprison indefinitely, and strip away the constitutional rights of people who don't agree with them is truly beautiful.  I was especially moved when I learnt about the uncivilized savages who ran Abu Ghraib and their deep appreciation for terrorism as well as the systematic torture, and rape of innocent men, women, and children drug out of their homes in the middle of  the night after having their doors kicked in and how they feel completely justified blowing up innocent people.  Islam Blind faith in a treasonous neo-con agenda orchestrated by the craven greed of the military industrial complex is a very touching religion, it moves one similar to a bomb blast triggered by a Muslim lobotomized meat shield and his/her Suicide Vest. cowardly dropping white phosphorous on little children from miles away  Truly beautiful religion.

It's soooo beautiful that she should be stoned to death for having an extra-marital relationship.  According to Islam at least....just like adulterers, people dressing differently, homosexuals, people leaving the religion, non-believers etc.

I haven't studied it enough to definitively state that is what the religion prescribes. I can only say, my understanding is that these attrocities are the doctrines of extremists... the kind the USA and it's military industrial complex have been radicalizing, funding, and getting into bed with.

I wasn't the one saying Islam was so beautiful, she was. She was trying to describe for me the beauty she had found in her boyfriend's religion.

A truly peaceful religion USA military industrial complex....which advocates the use of the sword, cowardly predator drones, depleted uranium, white phosphorous, genocide, regional destabilization, military invasion and forced conversions  regime change to spread its 'message' in the name of peace and democracy.

People like that woman you mentioned those sheeple who blindly believe the propaganda they are spoon-fed by a government that is clearly attacking it's own citizens are what the Soviets used to refer to as 'useful idiots' which is what ]the rest of the world calls Americans who are generally naive and easy to convince by using a certain type of argument based upon nothing but pure ignorance, and the inaccurate stereotypes they have been brainwashed into believing since childhood.

I wonder if you will see the irony of the 2 previous statements that I have quoted with appropriate substitutions where warranted. All I can say is, I am grateful to be aware that not ALL Americans or American servicemen are as brain-dead as your leaders believe, ... otherwise I'd think you were all a nation full of Sarah Palins and idiots like those Westboro Baptist church guys.

I have many Muslim friends, none of whom are anything at all like the radicals depicted in Western media. With the exception of one particular doctor in Mumbai, all the Muslim men I have ever encountered have held themselves to a level of dignity and personal accountability that demonstrated true respect for humanity in general, and women in particular.

I don't know about Islam, ...but I do recognize the hypocrisy that is so prevalent in those professing certain faiths, ...and I know bullshit & hate propaganda when I hear it.  It only makes me want to discover more about Islam, to use my God given critical thinking skills to discern between truth and lies.

I encourage you all to do the same.

Thank You Ahmed for this refreshing and thought provoking thread.
(ps: Next time, could you be a bit more sparing on the examples. ;)

With that, I'm off to prepare for my noon Webcast.
w

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Exposing so called 'ex muslims'
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
You can post away in here. Here is my response to your videos

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Exposing so called 'ex muslims'
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2012, 10:06:34 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2012, 11:05:22 AM »
I thought the best way to fight ignorance and Islamophobia would be to post other Muslims who can tell their stories, how they came to know Islam, etc...

I don't 'qualify' to these getbiggers as a former Christian because I no longer believe in the church, the trinity, etc... When I try to tell them how I studied the bible, Christianity, Christianity's history, etc... and how I can quote to them the bible better than they can, I do not 'qualify' because I don't believe in the trinity :) All they can do is copy paste giant blogs and not think for themselves. None of them have read the Qur'an. The many questions I had in the bible were answered in the Qur'an.

To the atheists I clearly am 'anti-science' because I don't believe we come from monkies that came from rodents that ultimately came from sea creatures.

To the politics lovers I betrayed 'western civilization' because I talk about the atrocities and hypocrisy committed by western governments. When I expose the mainstream media as a fraud, they respond that I "watch too many youtube videos" LoL

I will post some threads explaining our beliefs. I did not come to 'convert people' but I joined here for bodybuilding. I only began responding when I saw islamophobia, hatred, lies, and misinformation. The Qur'an is quite explicit about this. That we are only to be messengers, it is God that guides people and people's hearts that want to be guided. God responds to Muhammad (pbuh) in the qur'an you are not a manager over people but only a messenger and do not grieve for those that do not accept the message even if they humiliate you or denounce you etc...

The core belief in Islam is our belief that God is absolute, unique and one, that we do not worship anything in the creation and only our creator. Which is known as Tawheed. I may begin with that if you find that interesting.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2012, 11:18:13 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2012, 11:22:11 AM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »
I thought the best way to fight ignorance and Islamophobia would be to post other Muslims who can tell their stories, how they came to know Islam, etc...

I don't 'qualify' to these getbiggers as a former Christian because I no longer believe in the church, the trinity, etc... When I try to tell them how I studied the bible, Christianity, Christianity's history, etc... and how I can quote to them the bible better than they can, I do not 'qualify' because I don't believe in the trinity :) All they can do is copy paste giant blogs and not think for themselves. None of them have read the Qur'an. The many questions I had in the bible were answered in the Qur'an.

To the atheists I clearly am 'anti-science' because I don't believe we come from monkies that came from rodents that ultimately came from sea creatures.

To the politics lovers I betrayed 'western civilization' because I talk about the atrocities and hypocrisy committed by western governments. When I expose the mainstream media as a fraud, they respond that I "watch too many youtube videos" LoL

I will post some threads explaining our beliefs. I did not come to 'convert people' but I joined here for bodybuilding. I only began responding when I saw islamophobia, hatred, lies, and misinformation. The Qur'an is quite explicit about this. That we are only to be messengers, it is God that guides people and people's hearts that want to be guided. God responds to Muhammad (pbuh) in the qur'an you are not a manager over people but only a messenger and do not grieve for those that do not accept the message even if they humiliate you or denounce you etc...

The core belief in Islam is our belief that God is absolute, unique and one, that we do not worship anything in the creation and only our creator. Which is known as Tawheed. I may begin with that if you find that interesting.
When Muslims stop preaching hatred towards non muslims, when they stop advocating and sponsoring terrorism, when they stop oppressing women, when they stop mutilating the genitals of young girls, when they stop arrogantly and defiantly believing they are right and everyone else is wrong and when they stop killing and threatening others because they feel offended, other people or groups might, just might begin to listen, until then Muslims will always be seen as barbaric, goat herding, semi literate towel heads who live in the dark ages and worship a Pedo!
V