Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 228794 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Educational Videos about Islam
« Reply #725 on: January 13, 2013, 09:49:06 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #726 on: January 13, 2013, 01:31:12 PM »
This is more of a video for Muslims to avoid innovations and stick to the sunnah:

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #727 on: January 13, 2013, 08:59:39 PM »
This is more of a video for Muslims to avoid innovations and stick to the sunnah:

good vid.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #728 on: January 13, 2013, 09:40:01 PM »

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #729 on: January 13, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #730 on: January 13, 2013, 11:52:01 PM »
V

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #731 on: January 14, 2013, 12:29:54 AM »

God hates gays. This isn't just in Islam but all major religions. The people of sodom and gomorrah were destroyed by God and this is in the Quran and Bible. Homosexuality is a disgusting thing and should be stopped yet we see it being encouraged! I mean here in the USA ANYONE(Muslim, Christian or Jew) who comes out and says no to gays is scolded and labeled as intolerant. Like that whole chic-fil-a thing a few months ago(idk if you have those in AUS)

What's your opinion on gays e-kul?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #732 on: January 14, 2013, 01:01:10 AM »
God hates gays. This isn't just in Islam but all major religions. The people of sodom and gomorrah were destroyed by God and this is in the Quran and Bible. Homosexuality is a disgusting thing and should be stopped yet we see it being encouraged! I mean here in the USA ANYONE(Muslim, Christian or Jew) who comes out and says no to gays is scolded and labeled as intolerant. Like that whole chic-fil-a thing a few months ago(idk if you have those in AUS)

The owner of the gym I go to is Gay, he seems just like anybody else to me, in my time I have also known a few people who were gay, they seemed just like any heterosexual person I met.  It is funny that you want to be able to discriminate against gays, something you find disgusting and that should be stopped, but yet don't seem to think it is OK for others to discriminate against ISLAM if they think it is disgusting and that it should be stopped.  Although Homosexuality is something I don't feel drawn too, I think their ideology for the most part is harmless, this can not be said about ISLAM, which inflicts unimaginable suffering everywhere it is followed.

What's your opinion on GAY MUSLIMS?
V

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #733 on: January 14, 2013, 07:35:26 AM »

People are FREE to do what they want.

They don't have to listen to some group who follow the messages of a desert cult.

You lot pretend to be good, but you are vile and wicked and intolerant of others and full judgment and hate.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #734 on: January 14, 2013, 07:53:48 AM »

I won't speak for Islamic theology, but I will say that from a Christian perspective I think many folks get this wrong.  The "God hates gays" notion is incorrect.  God hates sin and loves the sinner....that was the point of Calvary.  He wants those in sin to change their minds about that sin and follow him away from that sin.  The sinner isn't hated...the sinner is loved...that's why Christ died for us.  He paid the debt for all our sins (the perfect sacrifice) and we must believe in him and confess him as Lord and Savior, but we must also consciously and actively change our minds about and turn away from our sin (whatever that may be for each of us).  We will be forgiven of that sin if we accept Jesus as God, Lord and Savior, but we must also live our lives actively changing our minds about sin and proactively turning from ours sins.  God's forgiveness isn't a "get outta jail free card" allowing us to continue in our sin, but we can't do enough on our own to be forgiven of the sin...there aren't enough human works.  Only now by believing in Christ and acknowledging his perfect sacrifice on the cross are we truly forgiven.  We are all sinners....you, me, all of us.  Some folks lie, some folks committ adultery, some engage in homosexuality, some people steal from others....all sin, all require the shed blood of Christ to pay for that sin and to be forgiven.  Then we must actively walk with Christ and move away from sin, but some sin is much more difficult to shed than others...I personally believe that folks entrenched in homosexuality have a much more difficult journey than others.  We can't exclude these folks from our churches and refuse to love them because of their sin.....we're sinners too!!   As believers we must love them as Christ did, share the gospel with them, encourage them, love them, educate them and help them....that's what I believe.    

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #735 on: January 14, 2013, 08:42:17 AM »
God hates sinners and loves dooers of good. GOd is most merciful and would accept sincere repantance of those that were once sinning whatever the sin may be.

However to say "God loves sinners" is rhetorical non-sense of the chruch not scriptural at all, as God destroyed Sodom and Gomor and made an example of that brutally. Fact.

It's so funny listening to you saying what you're saying MOS, when you have gay priets and gay preachers now publicly endorsed and 'gay marriage' in the church. You are the ones perverting God's message and God's law and that's why you have all this misguidance. God does not love sinners. God does not love sin. God loves mankind that is obedient and good.

It doesn't even make sense a gay priest who likes to f guys, but then 'preaches the word of God' riight. Sodom and Gomorah my friend, Sodom and gomorah...

Bottom line is these sinners also have been brainwashed to believe they can keep doing what they're doing because they are already 'saved' for worshiping Jesus a man.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #736 on: January 14, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #737 on: January 14, 2013, 10:44:16 AM »
God destroyed a whole tribe of people for being Homos and fufuilling their lust with men! now how can anyone a Muslim, Christian or Jew be ok with seeing guys holding hands and kissing on the streets?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #738 on: January 14, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
God destroyed a whole tribe of people for being Homos and fufuilling their lust with men! now how can anyone a Muslim, Christian or Jew be ok with seeing guys holding hands and kissing on the streets?

It only bothers closet homosexuals.

Other people don't care.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #739 on: January 14, 2013, 11:47:27 AM »
It only bothers closet homosexuals.

Other people don't care.

ok  ::).

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #740 on: January 14, 2013, 12:15:53 PM »
God hates sinners and loves dooers of good. GOd is most merciful and would accept sincere repantance of those that were once sinning whatever the sin may be.

However to say "God loves sinners" is rhetorical non-sense of the chruch not scriptural at all, as God destroyed Sodom and Gomor and made an example of that brutally. Fact.

It's so funny listening to you saying what you're saying MOS, when you have gay priets and gay preachers now publicly endorsed and 'gay marriage' in the church. You are the ones perverting God's message and God's law and that's why you have all this misguidance. God does not love sinners. God does not love sin. God loves mankind that is obedient and good.

It doesn't even make sense a gay priest who likes to f guys, but then 'preaches the word of God' riight. Sodom and Gomorah my friend, Sodom and gomorah...

Bottom line is these sinners also have been brainwashed to believe they can keep doing what they're doing because they are already 'saved' for worshiping Jesus a man.

This is one of the primary differences between Islam and Christianity; although, no offense, but you do tend to blend Catholicism and Christianity from time to time  ;) ....they are not one and the same.

Gay priests and gay marriage in the church is an example of an extremist position and does not represent the whole of Christianity or Christ...this represents a small, extremist example of corrupted believe in a sect of the church illustrated in your post for the sake of impact.  This extremist position neither represents Christ nor the vast majority of Christianity.  Your reference more accurately represents aspects of the Catholic church; regardless, I've heard of "Christian churches" supporting gay marriage.  Again, this extremely small sect has no bearing on nor does it represent the whole of Christianity or Christ....it's just a fun fact to post in moments like this.  I could easily post all the negativity about Islam or Christianity, but that's not who I am.  I leave others to that pursuit if they so desire.

Yes, there are examples of God punishing people in the bible....wiping them off the face of the earth.  We can look at the examples of the Amalekites or the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah or the flood narrative.  What’s unique about these circumstances?  The whole of the populace in all cases was completely corrupted by sin and depravity…all kinds of sin.  Sodom and Gomorrah was so steeped in sin (homosexuality being one of the sins) and had been for so long that God knew they were not going to change...he knew the contents of their hearts……they were completely entrenched in sin and fully unrepentant.   In his mercy, God told Abraham if he could find even 10 righteous folks within the cities that he would spare the whole….just 10.  Although, 10 could not be found.  Still, within God’s mercy he wiped out these cities and prevented future generations from succumbing to the same, inevitable, unrepentant sinful ways of prior generations....it's brutal, but also compelling and merciful.   Leaves a solid example of God's power, mercy and judgment and ultimately lets us consider how seriously God considers our sin and the penalty for that sin if we ignore him and remain unrepentant.   Still, there are many other examples of God’s grace and mercy throughout scripture.  Instances of second, third, fourth chances given to folks caught in sin; still those that refuse to change their minds about sin will die in their sin eternally separated from our God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.    

As I mentioned above salvation through Christ is NOT a license to sin.  God does love the sinner, that's the point of Calvary….he died for all of us!  Unfortunately not all will come to Christ.   Yes, scripture says God hates the wicked, but that hatred is due to unrepentant hearts that choose sin over God…it’s our sin that mars us and makes us wicked.  We are all wicked (lost) because of our sin, but the shed blood of Christ serves as atonement for all that believe and repent.  That’s why the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in believers is so important because the Holy Spirit gives us fresh eyes and convicts us when we begin to step out of line….even though we’re made new in Christ, we will sin.   A believer engages in a lifelong walk with Christ in an attempt to be Christ like in our actions guided by the Holy Spirit whom we are indwelt.  Despite all of that, I already know that idea is absolutely hilarious and nonsensical to you, but I'm concerned with others now.

Leviticus 17:11
11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.

Matthew 26:28
28 for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many.

Ephesians 2:1-10
2 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

We are absolutely meant to do good works in Christ, but our good works without Christ will not serve as atonement for our sins.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #741 on: January 14, 2013, 01:36:11 PM »
Yes, scripture says God hates the wicked, but that hatred is due to unrepentant hearts that choose sin over God…it’s our sin that mars us and makes us wicked.

No need for a long response, those that continue to sin are deliberate sinners and not repentant. There is plenty of knowledge on what is a sin and isn't a sin. God hates sin and the wicked. What is society becoming? Less corrupt or more corrupt? Certainly more corrupt as that which is forbidden by God is becoming a-okayed by Godless people and even enforced as law!

I already stated before God is the most forgiving but homosexuals who persist in this sin will not get a free ticket as you jump from and to back and forth with 'salvation' by worshipping Jesus a man created by God.

Salvation comes through the mercy and forgiveness of God not human sacrifice.

My point is scripture says one thing but you jump around with 'salvation' and the usual emotional rhetoric of 'love'. It's only emotional rhetoric and not factual to scripture. What you label as offshoot small followings or sects or whatever you want to call them are becoming the norm.

Because you do not follow God's law and you follow man made law, that is why there is so much divergence. Don't blame the Roman Church from which Christianity ultimately spread from for it (Catholics).

The presentation of christianity has changed from you are going to hell for not worshipping Jesus/trinity and you are going to hell for sin a, sin b, to hey its okay just worship Jesus you are saved by this and that  love. :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #742 on: January 14, 2013, 05:22:32 PM »
No need for a long response, those that continue to sin are deliberate sinners and not repentant. There is plenty of knowledge on what is a sin and isn't a sin. God hates sin and the wicked. What is society becoming? Less corrupt or more corrupt? Certainly more corrupt as that which is forbidden by God is becoming a-okayed by Godless people and even enforced as law!

I already stated before God is the most forgiving but homosexuals who persist in this sin will not get a free ticket as you jump from and to back and forth with 'salvation' by worshipping Jesus a man created by God.

Salvation comes through the mercy and forgiveness of God not human sacrifice.

My point is scripture says one thing but you jump around with 'salvation' and the usual emotional rhetoric of 'love'. It's only emotional rhetoric and not factual to scripture. What you label as offshoot small followings or sects or whatever you want to call them are becoming the norm.

Because you do not follow God's law and you follow man made law, that is why there is so much divergence. Don't blame the Roman Church from which Christianity ultimately spread from for it (Catholics).

The presentation of christianity has changed from you are going to hell for not worshipping Jesus/trinity and you are going to hell for sin a, sin b, to hey its okay just worship Jesus you are saved by this and that  love. :)
No emotional rhetoric was used, just scripture.   God's law is always followed.  Salvation is a gift from God based on our faith in Christ.  Scripture is not "man made", that's a convenient "go to" expression used by opponents of Christianity that has no merit or weight whatsoever.  I didn't blame the Roman church for anything, I indicated that catholicism and christianity are not the same thing.  The presentation of Christianity was not changed by me in anything I said.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #743 on: January 14, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
MOS please tell us the diffrences about christians/catholics? is it like Sunni/Shia in islam?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #744 on: January 14, 2013, 05:57:19 PM »
Catholic means universal. It is the Roman church which in essence was the primary christianity. Everything else were offshoots. Then again the real original christians were neither, they were jews who followed the law and the teachings of Jesus.

The east and western church split, the eastern church was the orthodox and the western the roman catholic church. That's why roman catholic church is so pagan in the sense that it tried to appease the pagans. Hence statues and worship of statues of Jesus, mary, etc... 'mary mother of god' etc... etc...

Later movements were in fact revisionist movements such as protestantism which was adopted by the british king because of political and personal motives of wanting to mary/divorce/etc...

The only true christians were the followers of Jesus, the law, and followers of his teachings, etc... everything later was a battle for 'what christianity is'. That's why Paul had such opposition and was viewed as a fraud, that's why the church within itself had so much strife about who Jesus was, who God is, etc... and the trinity. The councils, etc...

A lot of debate happened.

In fact in the 1500s, Martin Luther is the one acredited to the protestant movement, the printing of the bible etc...

Making the bible 'available' for the common man as up to a point ALL preaching was in latin and only the elite knew latin and could have access to the bible.

The catholic priests usd to 'buy people their way into heaven' a once common practice of taking money to literally buy your way into heaven. Protestantism was a response to the many corruptions of the church in some ways.

Then you have further offshoots coming into america like the puritans, southern baptists, pentecostals,

All basically renewed and renewed movements.

Catholicism is really the one that stays true to the original roman church which blended with the roman pagans and took shape. Catholic roughly translates to 'universal' as in for everyone. "The universal church". I went to catholic school myself, but I also ventured into the protestant church.

Protestants for example are opposed to idols that catholics engage in.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #745 on: January 14, 2013, 05:59:10 PM »
No emotional rhetoric was used, just scripture.   God's law is always followed.  Salvation is a gift from God based on our faith in Christ.  Scripture is not "man made", that's a convenient "go to" expression used by opponents of Christianity that has no merit or weight whatsoever.  I didn't blame the Roman church for anything, I indicated that catholicism and christianity are not the same thing.  The presentation of Christianity was not changed by me in anything I said.

A gift is not conditional on faith in something.  If Jesus did die for our sins, why would we then have to believe that he did just in order for his death's purpose to be fulfilled? 

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #746 on: January 14, 2013, 06:00:45 PM »
Salam bobber :) been a while my bro :)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #747 on: January 14, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »
Salam bobber :) been a while my bro :)

Yup thought I'd drop by :)  Seems like there's a lot to catch up on and I do have to get going but will peek again later.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #748 on: January 14, 2013, 06:05:52 PM »
Did you know at one point the 'masses' being held, the preacher would never face the people, he would face them their back. It was in recent history that these 'small' things were changed. All masses were in latin too. So people were just led like blind sheeple. Whatever they were told is what they would believe, unable to read the scriptures for themselves, unable to understand latin, etc...

Protestantism also led the way to abolish the impermissibility of clergy marrying. As you know catholic priests are not allowed to marry and are sworn to celibacy their whole life.

Again things that are all man made and against the natural order of God's creation.. so people in christianity are confused. Unlike in islam, we HAVE the original message period, whoever deviates like sects, we know they are deviant and we can point out how, however with christianity from the very basis there was debate what it even is to be a christian, who jesus is/was, who God is, etc... On the very core.

The fact that the roman church abolish God's law and replaced it with men made laws, is in part the tribulation in christiainty.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #749 on: January 14, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »