Author Topic: Heath and Kai have surpassed everyone in the 90s except Dorian and Ronnie.  (Read 27949 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Heath and Kai have surpassed everyone in the 90s except Dorian and Ronnie.
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2012, 06:34:07 PM »
Cormier deserved to the win the Arnold on at least 2 occasions and should have won the '99 Olympia. I think his reputation hindered him- sort of like Kai actually

his reputation didn't hinder him from beating shawn ray, which he couldn't do either.  and shawn never maxed out his potential, because he refused to compete over 212.  if shawn was at last night's O, he would have taken his usual 3rd - 5th place spot. 

cormier never really put it together to beat the best.  instead, he beat up on melvin anthony in 10k shows.  review shawn's inside and out to see what i mean.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2012, 06:37:45 PM »
his reputation didn't hinder him from beating shawn ray, which he couldn't do either.  and shawn never maxed out his potential, because he refused to compete over 212.  if shawn was at last night's O, he would have taken his usual 3rd - 5th place spot. 

cormier never really put it together to beat the best.  instead, he beat up on melvin anthony in 10k shows.  review shawn's inside and out to see what i mean.

Cormier put it all together at 2 of the ASC's- can't remember which exact years- he should have beat Cutler and Dex on another occasion. He had no flaws at all in the '99 Mr O- basically perfect physique

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2012, 06:46:23 PM »
Im not sure whether I'd take 93 Dorian or 96.
I think Phil would be pretty close with this version of Wheeler.

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »
i'm not a fan but they'd have problems with 2009 Jay since he'd be diced at 265 or so.

[img]http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/attachments/ifbb-pro-show-discussion/22331d1336472866-will-jay-cutler-regain-olympia-title-jay-cutler-mr-olympia-2009-www.musclebase.blogspot.com.jif

if u really actually compare the guys this pic of jay this year he would have beat phil in 12 but not in 11 phil was the alltime best in 11....these guys from the 90s would be crushed,,, people just get used to bigger n harder guys then if u compare the 90s guys its no comparison  imo

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 07:12:03 PM »
GOAT

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »
:) :) :)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
Dorian's great but his back is flat compared to Ronnie and even Phil. Conditioning was off the chart however and this pic was 1994 when he was not considered his best.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »
Dorian's great but his back is flat compared to Ronnie and even Phil. Conditioning was off the chart however and this pic was 1994 when he was not considered his best.
.........His Conditioning is STILL the standard

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »
heath /kai looked great from the back reardb pose,,but shawn ray is some 30lbs less than the both of them and his shot above is pretty insane...at 215lbs,,,,

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »
.........His Conditioning is STILL the standard

lol, I could post a pic of Ronnie looking more shredded and dry from the front and you Dorian fanboys would cry "all genetics" yet you overlook the same when it applies to Dorian's back. Hell, even his son has better definition from the back than most pros. If that doesn't scream "genetics," then I don't know what does

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »
lol, I could post a pic of Ronnie looking more shredded and dry from the front and you Dorian fanboys would cry "all genetics" yet you overlook the same when it applies to Dorian's back. Hell, even his son has better definition from the back than most pros. If that doesn't scream "genetics," then I don't know what does
Man... Please don't start. This thread is about the philster.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2012, 08:08:17 PM »
GOAT

GOTA's ass is eating his manties.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »
;D ;D ;D....Well thats interesting.... me a "Dorian fan boy" considering this Particular picture was posted BY YOU NEOSEMINOLE elsewhere in Defense of Yates :P so unless theres another NeoSeminole online who elsewhere outside of GB who backs up Yates its rather amusing one minute your Defending Yates elsewhere...Then Coleman....oh now back @ GB its Coleman over Yates... FYI Yates and Coleman from my Perspective are 50/50 @ their peaks both had advantages the other didnt.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
....Well thats interesting.... me a "Dorian fan boy" considering this Particular picture was posted BY YOU NEOSEMINOLE elsewhere in Defense of Yates so unless theres another NeoSeminole online who elsewhere outside of GB who backs up Yates its rather amusing one minute your Defending Yates elsewhere...Then Coleman....oh now back @ GB its Coleman over Yates... FYI Yates and Coleman from my Perspective are 50/50 @ their peaks both had advantages the other didnt.

don't let my posts fool you. I'm a huge Dorian fan and I actually prefer his 92 pre-contest look over any version of Ronnie from a non-judging perspective. I defend Dorian when people say he had horrible legs or that he wouldn't place in the top 3 nowadays. However, my posts on Getbig are a reflection of ND's equally outlandish attacks on Ronnie. The more ridiculous his comments, the more absurd mine become

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2012, 05:17:35 AM »
Wiggs, you seem to care a lot about bodybuilding for a heterosexual man...

Are there flings?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2012, 05:32:31 AM »
Prove me wrong

1. Ronnie, 98 Mr. O. or the Grand Prix show.
2. Dorian 96 Grand Prix
3. Heath 12 Mr. O(Night show)
4. Kai 12 Mr. O Night show.
5  Mr. O. Wheeler 93 Arnold Classic
6. Levrone 97 Grand Prix

Watch the video of the night show. Kai and Heath have taken shit to new levels. The conditioning is insane. This is special.

http://streaming.bodybuilding.com/2012-olympia-webcast/?q=mr-olympia-finals-routines-replay-2
Sean Ray would like to have a word with you.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »
Cormier put it all together at 2 of the ASC's- can't remember which exact years- he should have beat Cutler and Dex on another occasion. He had no flaws at all in the '99 Mr O- basically perfect physique

L

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »

exactly zero flaws/...
wouldnt even mention kai or phil in the same breath... just look at the mr o line up on saturday....
compare that to a 99 mr o.... you people are nuts
choice is an illusion

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »
The only people that could up to this point ever beat or match this shot from head to toe is Coleman, and Yates. That's it. Flex would get destroyed, Shawn Ray?  lol... Heath and Kai are on a new level
And 216 pounds, no bulging obliques, or gut...not the biggest arms, but very separated and detailed
and one of the deepest detailed backs.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »

It still boggles my mind that Cutler beat Cormier in that show

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2012, 09:51:26 PM »
wiggs has lost his mind

E
E

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
wiggs has lost his mind

E

Earl, do you have any other pics of Kevin hitting this pose? All I have are these two.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »
Earl, do you have any other Levrone pics of Kevin hitting this pose? All I have are these two.

Excepting the legs, they actually look pretty comparable, although I feel that Levrone is probably about 6 inches wider than Phil.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2012, 10:12:55 PM »
No one can hang with this. Ronnie destroys phil

X

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2012, 10:27:57 PM »
Excepting the legs, they actually look pretty comparable, although I feel that Levrone is probably about 6 inches wider than Phil.

They look comparable. Too nad Kevin's legs were gone by then. Look at Phil's forearms and where they attach. The thickness and separation is crazy.