Author Topic: Mr. Natural Olympia - can someone explain  (Read 65592 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Mr. Natural Olympia - can someone explain
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 09:45:58 PM »
Nope, 5'8" and 225. I was obviously bulked up here and not lean. I'm just making the point that
I got big naturally and didn't use drugs to get to that weight.

So what body fat percentage do you think you were right there?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 09:52:24 PM »
You call that a mind? I'm surprised he got through two sentences without misspelling a word.

I got lucky. English is not my native language. ::) :D

Seriously, what do you see in the bathroom mirror (after you're done shooting your drugs)?

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »
ok so JH admits it , he's used steroids before

this does not make him lifetime natural or drug free

everyone knows you cant achieve that look if you are truly LIFETIME natural

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »
 :D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2012, 10:33:05 PM »
Congrats John!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »
Here we go again! I went from 135 pounds at 14 years old to 230 pounds at 21 years old, all natural!
When I used the drugs, it was for 12 weeks before a contest. At the time, I was 225-230 off season and
natural. When I did my cycle, my weight went down from 225-230 to about 205 for my contest. I did not
gain muscle from the drugs, I did keep my muscle and strength when dieting. When the natural shows came
around, the requirement was one year drug free. I went into my first natural show in 1991, the last time
I used the drugs was in 1990. Of course, I could have just lied and said I never used the drugs and no one
would have known the difference. They did not make me bigger and they didn't contribute to my physique.
If you want to believe that once you do drugs, you are not "natural", than that's your definition of the word.
I didn't make up the rules for the natural contests. As I said, the requirements were one year drug free when
I competed in my first natural show. When I did the Natural Olympia in 1998, the rules were 7 years drug free.
I don't think the drugs changed my physique forever. They are drugs and like any other drugs, when they are
out of your system, they no longer work. I haven't used any drugs since 1990, that's 22 years. I also have never
used HRT or pro hormones. But believe what you want to believe. This pic is me at 21 years old, weighing about
225, again, all natural. I've always, always been honest about what I did. I don't think they made my physique.
I gained all my size naturally and that's why I was able to make the easy transition from the non tested shows to
the natural shows. The guys who used the drugs to build their physiques lost a lot of size when they went natural.
That didn't happen to me because I didn't use the drugs to gain size, I did that naturally.

Herein lies the problem with all these whiners, who think you can't put on that kind of size naturally. They're so scared of being called "fat", that they won't put in the work it takes to bulk up and build that solid base.

I bulked up to 230 back in the mid-90s and I'm 5'9". It took thousands of calories for me to do it and I certainly wasn't ripped (my condition, bodyfat-wise, was similar to yours).

But, when you've never been that size, you have to put away the groceries, or you won't grow (especially if you're an ectomorph like me), steroids or no steroids.

The average Joe would hardly consider you to be "fat" in that pic. In fact, you'd probably got accused of taking everything but the kitchen sink. People said similar things about me and I remember thinking. "Are you serious? I can barely afford weight gainer and protein powder (I used to take GNC's Challege Milk and Egg protein, which was 'Buy One; Get one 50% 0ff'). Where the heck am I going to get 'roids?"

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2012, 10:56:26 PM »
The only thing natural about those competitors filthy liars is the cotton fiber in their track pants, if any.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
John showing himself to be a class act in this thread.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2012, 01:54:57 AM »
Yeah, because that little cycle I did 22 years ago is still in my system and working for me.

The arguement here is not that your are currently being helped by the gear you took '22 years ago' but rather that the amount of lean tissue you are holding now (obviously along with huge dedication and training - no one doubts your work ethic) correlates somewhat with the gear you took back then.

Deep down, you and only you know, that if you posted a picture of yourself today after lifting exactly the same weight and eating/dieting the same for the last 30 odd years - but without ever taking gear - you would be a bit smaller.

yesido

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2012, 02:02:53 AM »
I believe no one but Will Brink

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2012, 02:38:07 AM »
How many people compete in the Natural O? I have never even heard of the competition.

I couldn't give a shit whether you are natural, you have a very unpleasing physique regardless.

If you didn't put any weight on while on roids then you have very peculiar genetics.

Kudos for being in good shape at your age though, you got in good condition for your comp.
Trans Milkshake.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2012, 03:19:29 AM »
Yeah, because that little cycle I did 22 years ago is still in my system and working for me.

Even though an anabolic steroid isn't in the system any longer you could still benefit from it as it changes your muscle fiber composition, making it easier to gain/hold on to large amounts of muscle. And just for the record, I think you're full of shit.

"The morphological appearance of the vastus lateralis (VL) muscle from high-level power-lifters on long-term anabolic steroid supplementation (PAS) and power-lifters never taking anabolic steroids (P) was compared. The effects of long- and short-term supplementation were compared. Enzyme-immunohistochemical investigations were performed to assess muscle fiber type composition, fiber area, number of myonuclei per fiber, internal myonuclei, myonuclear domains and proportion of satellite cells. The PAS group had larger type I, IIA, IIAB and IIC fiber areas (p<0.05). The number of myonuclei/fiber and the proportion of central nuclei were significantly higher in the PAS group (p<0.05). Similar results were seen in the trapezius muscle (T) but additionally, in T the proportion of fibers expressing developmental myosin isoforms was higher in the PAS group compared to the P group. Further, in VL, the PAS group had significantly larger nuclear domains in fibers containing > or = 5 myonuclei. The results of AS on VL morphology in this study were similar to previously reported short-term effects of AS on VL. The initial effects from AS appear to be maintained for several years." - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10589853

You call that a mind? I'm surprised he got through two sentences without misspelling a word.
You have no idea what you're talking about, Van is one of the best and most knowledgeable posters on Getbig. He knows even more about drugs than you do.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2012, 03:36:03 AM »
How many people compete in the Natural O? I have never even heard of the competition.

I couldn't give a shit whether you are natural, you have a very unpleasing physique regardless.

If you didn't put any weight on while on roids then you have very peculiar genetics.

Kudos for being in good shape at your age though, you got in good condition for your comp.

i was wondering when you were gonna show up here ;D

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2012, 04:02:41 AM »
i was wondering when you were gonna show up here ;D

Just on time. 8)

This guy is like a mixture of latter day palumbo'd Dorian Yates a toad and a muscletech brainwash experiment.

Trans Milkshake.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2012, 04:29:07 AM »
Just on time. 8)

This guy is like a mixture of latter day palumbo'd Dorian Yates a toad and a muscletech brainwash experiment.

he seems to have missed the boat when it comes to structure, a Zane or Baldwin he most certainly is not

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2012, 05:05:34 AM »
Lance Armstrong has stuck to his story, and still does.

Do you believe Lance?

Re-read my post

Start at part where I wrote "with regards to natural..."

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2012, 05:08:59 AM »
he seems to have missed the boat when it comes to structure, a Zane or Baldwin he most certainly is not

Are you saying that 'John' has a structure similar to Quasimodo dj?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2012, 05:19:20 AM »
Are you saying that 'John' has a structure similar to Quasimodo dj?

yes bigC, what i'm saying is that john's structure runs along very similar lines to that of igor

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2012, 05:23:16 AM »
yes bigC, what i'm saying is that john's structure runs along very similar lines to that of igor

Hahaha yes dj, maybe lying through his teeth for 22 years has it's toll on the human bone structure

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2012, 05:24:51 AM »

John,

How do you think you've been able to achieve drug-like results or better, you've carried some decent size and conditioning , especially after 40, that's not easy?

I've always heard the hard-work, strict diet,positive belief way of explaining, but genetic limitations will come into play, when one is getting a physique that surpasses drug users, surely ?

What do you attribute your personal results to?

XBB007

• Getbig II
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2012, 05:45:18 AM »

This

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2012, 06:02:21 AM »

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2012, 06:07:54 AM »

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2012, 06:12:29 AM »
'I only used the drugs to hold the muscle not gain it'

It does the same thing! You ended up with more muscle after dieting. Plus you don't lose the muscle when you come off gear, especially when you had a great base to begin with. You gained muscle that you didn't lose when coming off, you are just pretending you didn't gain anything on gear and are in the same position you would be if you never juiced which is bullshit.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2012, 06:13:32 AM »

So this is also the result of the cycle he did before 1990 ?

Impressive.