Author Topic: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet  (Read 18366 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 08:26:45 AM »
don't focus just on her scale weight, take photos of her and then you can properly assess her progress or lack there of from the visual proof/evidence of the pics

also, why not try some metabolic conditioning training with her?

i've just started this technnique myself, and i can let you know how it goes via pm if you're interested

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 08:28:14 AM »
Isn't the cardio excessive? Or do females need to do that much to get into decent shape?

She's 1,65m (165cm). Yes, we live together and I know and see everything she eats. She's very disciplined on the normal diet, and when we refeed she never overeats, so I don't get what the problem is.

The cardio is not excessive at all.  In fact she could do it every day but to keep her from getting too bored or hating it, limit to 5x week.

What are you having her eat in an average day?

You say she lifts 3x per week.  Could you give an example of your lifting for the week w/her?  

R

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »
don't focus just on her scale weight, take photos of her and then you can properly assess her progress or lack there of from the visual proof/evidence of the pics

also, why not try some metabolic conditioning training with her?

i've just started this technnique myself, and i can let you know how it goes via pm if you're interested

She really trains her ass off, but nothing happens, and I can't figure out why. If you can PM me maybe an example workout I will try it. I will even do the 500 calorie diet with her so that she doesn't need to suffer alone, and I would also get ripped more quickly in the process!

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 08:34:29 AM »
I'm not that shallow bro, haha

Why not? Do you have a history of mental disease?

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »
The cardio is not excessive at all.  In fact she could do it every day but to keep her from getting too bored or hating it, limit to 5x week.

What are you having her eat in an average day?

You say she lifts 3x per week.  Could you give an example of your lifting for the week w/her? 

Well normally:
Breakfast
3 Whole eggs
40g oats
Honey
Banana

Lunch
1 Can Tuna
40g Avo

Dinner
100g ground beef / chicken
Veggies

Weight training:
Day #1 legs
Giant set-
DB squat
Reverse lunges
Back squat.           4x8-12
Walking lunges 4x8-12
Leg curls 4x8-12

Day #2- chest delts tris
Inc db press superset with inc flyes 4x8-12
Machine press 4x8-12
Db overhead press superset with lateral raises 4x8-12
Tricep pushdowns superset with dips 4x8-12

Day #3- back bis
Deadlift 4x5-8
Close grip pull downs 4x8-12
Barbell rows 4x8-12
Barbell / db curls 4x8-12

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 08:38:07 AM »
She really trains her ass off, but nothing happens, and I can't figure out why. If you can PM me maybe an example workout I will try it. I will even do the 500 calorie diet with her so that she doesn't need to suffer alone, and I would also get ripped more quickly in the process!

allright man, i'll pm you in a few

and by the way, you don't need to take her cals that low man, what you need to do is change her metabolism, and i'll explain this to you via pm brother

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 08:43:34 AM »

and by the way, you don't need to take her cals that low man, what you need to do is change her metabolism, and i'll explain this to you via pm brother

Thanks a million

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 08:45:26 AM »
500 calories a day is an awful idea.  It's the definition of crash dieting.

No one magically retains bodyweight at 1000 cal/day with exercise.  She's eating or drinking something.  She may be doing it resentfully if you're overly keen on her losing weight.  Backing off for awhile and simply eating reasonably healthy without calorie counting could be a welcome break.

Besides, 147 lbs isn't exactly hambeast territory.  Bet you're gonna miss dat ass.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 08:47:10 AM »
So I've tried any diet you can think of and my GF just can't lose the weight. She's 67kg and would like to get down to atleast 58, but nothing I've tried with her results in a kg lost.

I've posted before and most you guys are probably tired of hearing about it, but I don't know what to do anymore.

I've had her on keto, balanced, high carb, all ranging in around 1000-1500 cals, which is in a good deficit, and nothing seems to budge.

We went to the doc yesterday to get her thyroid levels checked, so waiting for the results. The doc also prescribed Duromine to see if she can lose weight, but we haven't got it it.

So the only thing I can think of the problem can be that she can't lose weight is hormones, maybe too high estrogen and/or low thyroid levels ? ? ?

I was reading about a 500 cal diet so that she can "force" her body into the fat loss. Some people have gotten good results and kept it off due to keeping their nutrition habits good.

This is my last resort because I don't know what to do anymore.

When she reached her goal weight, hopefully in 4-6 weeks, I was thinking of adding about 100/200 calories every week or so until maintenance is reached.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention refeeds / cheat days would be Saturday and Sunday, in moderation, 2-3 meals at most and stop eating when full.
There may be 1 reason that would never cross your mind and it is the same reason for 90% of people with your problem or rather her problem. Trust me I am in the industry and have brought many to contest shape and this is the most common problem ever, it is the culprit 90% of the time and no one will ever be aware of it cause they are in denial and they are not true to themselves, ready........ 3,.....2,....1.....

SHE IS LYING ABOUT WHAT SHE EATS

of course you will claim No and of course you will believe her, but you are not with her 100% of the time bro, diets do not lie, to say they do not have an effect is to be in denial that she is not fooling you on how much she eats.

Anyway try this--
zero carbs, as much protein as she wants in the form of chicken breast and talipia fish, brocoli and asparagus, impossible not to get shredded on this diet.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 08:49:01 AM »
you've tried all these diets and she is doing regular cardio yet she won't lose any weight? she is either a scientific miracle in that she can eat less than maintenance calories and still maintain her weight or she is cheating

i'm guessing the latter, doesn't matter what diet you put on her if she's gonna cheat.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »
500 calories a day is an awful idea.  It's the definition of crash dieting.

No one magically retains bodyweight at 1000 cal/day with exercise.  She's eating or drinking something.  She may be doing it resentfully if you're overly keen on her losing weight.  Backing off for awhile and simply eating reasonably healthy without calorie counting could be a welcome break.

Besides, 147 lbs isn't exactly hambeast territory.  Bet you're gonna miss dat ass.
I'm not pressuring her to lose the weight, she wants to. And she isn't like that and wouldn't like to spite me. Yes I know 147lbs isn't much, but she wants to get leaner and lose bodyfat to get a bikini body. She wants to compete next year. Squats have built her a nice round ass, but she wants to "firm up" as she says

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 08:50:43 AM »
Maybe she is trying to gain weight so people will stop asking her why the hell is she with you for!!! :D
A

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 08:52:57 AM »
There may be 1 reason that would never cross your mind and it is the same reason for 90% of people with your problem or rather her problem. Trust me I am in the industry and have brought many to contest shape and this is the most common problem ever, it is the culprit 90% of the time and no one will ever be aware of it cause they are in denial and they are not true to themselves, ready........ 3,.....2,....1.....

SHE IS LYING ABOUT WHAT SHE EATS

of course you will claim No and of course you will believe her, but you are not with her 100% of the time bro, diets do not lie, to say they do not have an effect is to be in denial that she is not fooling you on how much she eats.

Anyway try this--
zero carbs, as much protein as she wants in the form of chicken breast and talipia fish, brocoli and asparagus, impossible not to get shredded on this diet.
I'm telling you bro, I'm with her 24/7 except if she needs to go to class or have to do a project and I'm sure she doesn't cheat then. That's why I don't know what to do anymore! And have had her thyroid checked to make sure everything is okay. But I'll try it non the less

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 08:53:12 AM »
Well normally:
Breakfast
3 Whole eggs
40g oats
Honey
Banana

Lunch
1 Can Tuna
40g Avo

Dinner
100g ground beef / chicken
Veggies

Weight training:
Day #1 legs
Giant set-
DB squat
Reverse lunges
Back squat.           4x8-12
Walking lunges 4x8-12
Leg curls 4x8-12

Day #2- chest delts tris
Inc db press superset with inc flyes 4x8-12
Machine press 4x8-12
Db overhead press superset with lateral raises 4x8-12
Tricep pushdowns superset with dips 4x8-12

Day #3- back bis
Deadlift 4x5-8
Close grip pull downs 4x8-12
Barbell rows 4x8-12
Barbell / db curls 4x8-12

That all sounds OK if she's not eating tons of honey and I don't know what Avo is.

I would not have her eat less food.  That doesn't seem like much food to begin with.  dj may also tell you to space out some meals and have her get more protein. 

If she's lifting decent weight, I would just up her cardio and maybe make it more intense. 

I think former competitor Jenny Worth had a thyroid issue (not sure) and in contest prep would have to do between 2 and 3 hours of cardio a day (I think).  45 min 5x per week (or more) should help your girl imo.

R

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 08:55:35 AM »
I'm not pressuring her to lose the weight, she wants to. And she isn't like that and wouldn't like to spite me. Yes I know 147lbs isn't much, but she wants to get leaner and lose bodyfat to get a bikini body. She wants to compete next year. Squats have built her a nice round ass, but she wants to "firm up" as she says
I laugh at people who do not want to believe this, they do not realize how common it is. One day binge eating will cancel out 4-6 days of hardcore dieting, so it may seem like someone is dieting strong all the time but it is where they fuck up and go crazy that hurts them and everyone does this, fuck even the pros break down.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 08:56:35 AM »
hambeast territory.

;D

Also animal, there was a guy on here that was a trainer who said a client of his couldn't lose weight and was eating clean.  Then he discovered she was drinking like 3 non-diet Big Gulps (something like that) a day.  After she stopped that, she lost weight.  Just checking to see there is nothing like that going on.
R

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »
I'm telling you bro, I'm with her 24/7 except if she needs to go to class or have to do a project and I'm sure she doesn't cheat then. That's why I don't know what to do anymore! And have had her thyroid checked to make sure everything is okay. But I'll try it non the less
So you better send her to scientific research center cause she is breaking all biological law, lol, bro calorie deficit is as concrete as the laws of gravity, save it she is eating everything in sight when you are not looking, wake up.

Do you also know someone who can defy physics

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 09:01:43 AM »
That all sounds OK if she's not eating tons of honey and I don't know what Avo is.

I would not have her eat less food like dj and others have said.  That doesn't seem like much food to begin with.  He may also tell you to space out some meals and have her get more protein.  

If she's lifting decent weight, I would just up her cardio and maybe make it more intense.  

I think former competitor Jenny Worth had a thyroid issue (not sure) and in contest prep would have to do between 2 and 3 hours of cardio a day (I think).  45 min 5x per week (or more) should help your girl imo.

;D

Also animal, there was a guy on here that was a trainer who said a client of his couldn't lose weight and was eating clean.  Then he discovered she was drinking like 3 non-diet Big Gulps (something like that) a day.  After she stopped that, she lost weight.  Just checking to see there is nothing like that going on.
About 1 tbsp honey
Avo = Avocado

So you would say keep food the same, just increase cardio?

She only drinks calorie free drinks and coffee with a small amount of milk and some sweetener

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 09:03:08 AM »
So you better send her to scientific research center cause she is breaking all biological law, lol, bro calorie deficit is as concrete as the laws of gravity, save it she is eating everything in sight when you are not looking, wake up.

Do you also know someone who can defy physics
I know I know! Why do you think I'm so frustrated because if she cheats, she doesn't tell me, or something is really wrong with her

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2012, 09:04:23 AM »
About 1 tbsp honey
Avo = Avocado

So you would say keep food the same, just increase cardio?

She only drinks calorie free drinks and coffee with a small amount of milk and some sweetener

Yes, I would not cut her food.

I'm not a trainer nor a nutritionist, but I would just increase her cardio.  And the intensity.

R

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
I've heard the same thing from my brother about his wife... "Atkins won't work for her.." She can't lose weight on 500 cal a day"... I have politely tried to tell him she isn't a scientific anomaly, she is over eating.. but...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 09:06:24 AM »
good luck women they typically lose a few lbs of water from initial diet
then let themselves go again

in 3 years she'll be about 72kg

Now that's the solid I'm talkin' bout.  Brick house.  You can bring the hammer down on that.

;D

You're not so stringy in the hindquarters yourself, stud.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 09:06:53 AM »
I've heard the same thing from my brother about his wife... "Atkins won't work for her.." She can't lose weight on 500 cal a day"... I have politely tried to tell him she isn't a scientific anomaly, she is over eating.. but...
If she is, I have no idea where or when!!

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 09:11:34 AM »
Onetimehard is correct, the whole story doesn't add up. She somehow seems to create energy to sustain her weight out of nothing. Unless she is an alien, she is eating when you are not with her.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »
If she is, I have no idea where or when!!

that is kinda what "cheating" is all about isnt it?