Author Topic: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet  (Read 18376 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2012, 09:50:35 AM »
lol, cry me a river  ;)
Yes, we get it, anyone that doesn't think your diet works for every single person of every different level of activity and athleticism is simply weak willed. You keep gettin' down wit' ya bad self.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
Yes, we get it, anyone that doesn't think your diet works for every single person of every different level of activity and athleticism is simply weak willed. You keep gettin' down wit' ya bad self.
Bro this is the problem with getbig, to many shit talkers on here, scroll up and check my post I told the next guy that this diet WILL NOT WORK if you are going to run a marathon, it will not work for any world class athlete, it will not work for a fighter and it will not work for all types of people and it is not that it will not work, it is just that it would hinder their other goals, that is why it will not work.

But from a physical biological stand point, No carbs means you will eventually get shredded, anyone would.

So stop putting words in my mouth bro. The funny thing is I am a roofer, do you even know how physically demanding my job is and how laborous it is and I still manage to do no carbs, so there is no excuses.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2012, 10:13:23 AM »
nah refeds are overrated.if one eats 50-100gramms carbs a day he dont need any refeed.

if one eats 0-50 carbs a day, a meal with 200gramms fast carbs and saturated fats will be enough.

this is true also why schedule a carb day or even a carb meal, why not keep going until you break and can not handle it anymore. That is what I do and sometime I go as high as 10 days with no carbs.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »
Bro this is the problem with getbig, to many shit talkers on here, scroll up and check my post I told the next guy that this diet WILL NOT WORK if you are going to run a marathon, it will not work for any world class athlete, it will not work for a fighter and it will not work for all types of people and it is not that it will not work, it is just that it would hinder their other goals, that is why it will not work.

But from a physical biological stand point, No carbs means you will eventually get shredded, anyone would.

So stop putting words in my mouth bro. The funny thing is I am a roofer, do you even know how physically demanding my job is and how laborous it is and I still manage to do no carbs, so there is no excuses.
Ah, my bad. I only caught the last page. Thats my fault.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »
Ah, my bad. I only caught the last page. Thats my fault.
;) 8)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: October 19, 2012, 10:27:48 AM »
Even regardless of training, if you have low serotonin levels to begin with, you are going to be fucked with no or low carbs. Serotonin is a very important important hormone. Perhaps funnily enough, it IS the will power/self confidence neurotransmitter.

When you manage to get your serotonin too low (which would very likely happen to most people on no or low carb diets), expect these symptoms among others:

You'll be cold all the time (serotonin regulates body temperature), you'll be (even more so) hungry all the time, irritated, down, anxious, aggressive, fatigue, no energy, worrying, guilt, whole body aches including joints and muscles, headache, ...

There's no way to will power yourself through this, you will be completely miserable. Stimulants deplete serotonin even further eventually so those will make it even worse. All this for something that could just as well have been done with plenty of carbohydrates.

You may have very high serotonin levels naturally or just be a complete Rambo Onetimehard (or both). Either way, congrats on pulling it all off. I can't see too many people doing it.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #181 on: October 19, 2012, 10:38:22 AM »
Even regardless of training, if you have low serotonin levels to begin with, you are going to be fucked with no or low carbs. Serotonin is a very important important hormone. Perhaps funnily enough, it IS the will power/self confidence neurotransmitter.

When you manage to get your serotonin too low (which would very likely happen to most people on no or low carb diets), expect these symptoms among others:

You'll be cold all the time (serotonin regulates body temperature), you'll be (even more so) hungry all the time, irritated, down, anxious, aggressive, fatigue, no energy, worrying, guilt, whole body aches including joints and muscles, headache, ...

There's no way to will power yourself through this, you will be completely miserable. Stimulants deplete serotonin even further eventually so those will make it even worse. All this for something that could just as well have been done with plenty of carbohydrates.

You may have very high serotonin levels naturally or just be a complete Rambo Onetimehard (or both). Either way, congrats on pulling it all off. I can't see too many people doing it.

I do not disagree per say and I also agree some of these sides could be reduced slightly by incorporating carbs, however once you dip below 8% bodyfat, no matter the diet you are on, the sides are all the same cause your body is depleted, so I just get to the point instead of postponing the inevitable besides I rather suffer for 10-12 weeks then suffer ( slightly less albeit) for 16-20 weeks with the same results. I do not like paying for the same real estate twice.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »
and i, i saw that advertisement where they sell the golden gate bridge for 10usd.

did you really believe this bs article.

let me name you some colourfull carb sources:

winegums...

bread crust

all fruits

coke,sprite, various milkshakes.

"fatfree jelly"

the list goes on
I think he means refined white sugars.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »
Yes I have no problem, when you take a caffeine pill, there is no difference in energy levels at all. Carbs or no carbs my workouts are the exact same and my energy levels are through the roof while I am training due to the stimulants besides no one says it is going to be easy, dieting is tough no matter the diet, it is called WILL POWER

You cannot be serious with this. Stimulants are not only a false sense of "energy" but it's also not a true "energy". Stimulants (depending on the stimulant) effects spikes your insulin levels for a very short period as well as you CNS, as you train, insulin levels drop and your basically for shit after that unless, like I said, you're taking in carbs during and after training.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »

But you said it would work for anyone, which brings me back to my original point and questions....What is the weight, what is the ACTIVITY LEVEL and what is the body type.

How are YOU personally, calculating your clients caloric and macro needs? Are you guessing, are you using a cookie cutter "bodybuilding"' diet or what? How are you determining this. You have some people on here agreeing with you for the sole reason (I'm assuming) because it's too much work to actually design a program to fit their needs.

Also, you need to understand what actual "energy" is.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »
coach, stop the bullshit.

theres no ratio that fits everyone.

it goes like this, follow onetimehards advice for fastest fatloss possible.

before every next meal, wait till youre really hungry, then wait another hour, then eat a bit and wait again till very hungry.rinse repeat.

magic one size fits all formulas sound good and cater to the gullible and lazy clowns, but the truth on this issue is, to get rid of fat, everyone needs to suffer a bit over some extended period of time.

the fat didnt come overnight outta nowhere, it wont go overnight either.

Bullshit, there's a close approximate of calories to macro breakdowns.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
But you said it would work for anyone, which brings me back to my original point and questions....What is the weight, what is the ACTIVITY LEVEL and what is the body type.

How are YOU personally, calculating your clients caloric and macro needs? Are you guessing, are you using a cookie cutter "bodybuilding"' diet or what? How are you determining this. You have some people on here agreeing with you for the sole reason (I'm assuming) because it's too much work to actually design a program to fit their needs.

I think his point is that everyone can get shredded cutting carbs out, which is probably true as an extremely general rule.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
You cannot be serious with this. Stimulants are not only a false sense of "energy" but it's also not a true "energy". Stimulants (depending on the stimulant) effects spikes your insulin levels for a very short period as well as you CNS, as you train, insulin levels drop and your basically for shit after that unless, like I said, you're taking in carbs during and after training.
First of all I can care less of your stupid terminology that means nothing bro, so what fake energy, real energy, who gives a fuck, the fact is they work and I still crack 10 reps with 4 plates per side on the bench because of the stimulents and that is the bottom line and that is all that matters, save your rocket science language for someone else who is paying you.

I understand you have to make yourself look suffisticated cause you are charging thousands for something I could have wrote on a napkin with lipstick during my coffee brake.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2012, 11:16:16 AM »

Stop sweating the small stuff. It does work for anyone, but when I said it does not work for anyone I meant because it would hinder their progress in their other endeavours, hence it will not work for them from that point of view, do you not know how to read I clarified this in my post bro.

and how do I calculate things well I do not pretend to use all these terminology or scientific Bull shit to justify them paying me, you want to scam people with all that shit so be it. Not my style, I get people in shredded contest condition and some have won overalls at shows so do not worry about me bro.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2012, 11:18:13 AM »
My wife is sitting beside me now eating Pringles. I'm trying to fatten her up a bit

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
would you say the same about efedrine?

i wouldnt.

besides, the point of stimulants is to have more energy for the workout, how you feel afterwards is meaningless.
EXACTLY

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »
carbs are all pretty much metabolized into sugars.
Of course, but some are metabolized much faster than others.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
would you say the same about efedrine?

i wouldnt.

besides, the point of stimulants is to have more energy for the workout, how you feel afterwards is meaningless.

Yes, and why wouldn't you?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
Yes, and why wouldn't you?
They get the job done and that is all that matters.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
"In a diet the only energy comes.from gear" is it any wonder why this industry is completely fucked?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »
"In a diet the only energy comes.from gear" is it any wonder why this industry is completely fucked?

^^
Man I hate this.. but coach got something right..

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »
is wrtman shreedded?has he ever been?

if no, he can fuck right off.

carbs are not esential for anything, and esp not for a fatloss diet.

Carbs are very much needed to keep the most important neurotransmitter at optimal levels. Carbs are also needed to keep your thyroid functioning properly. Fat and protein are not the body's preferred fuel source and being in ketosis is generally not considered healthy by the medical community.

Saying carbs are not necessary is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

Fat is also not necessary, you won't die if the only thing you ever ate were carbohydrates, a little protein and no fat whatsoever, not even those "essential" fats. Obviously no one is going to do this but it still stands. I haven't eaten "essential" fats in years and my health is top notch.

But above all, it's unnecessary, you can get just as shredded on a high carb diet consisting of equal total kcals. Not every contest bodybuilder is on a keto or low carb diet.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »
I do not disagree per say and I also agree some of these sides could be reduced slightly by incorporating carbs, however once you dip below 8% bodyfat, no matter the diet you are on, the sides are all the same cause your body is depleted, so I just get to the point instead of postponing the inevitable besides I rather suffer for 10-12 weeks then suffer ( slightly less albeit) for 16-20 weeks with the same results. I do not like paying for the same real estate twice.

Suffering is inevitable either way yes.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »
either accept your girl for who she is or leave her

telling a woman how to diet is tantomount to sticking your dick in a lions mouth

you will undermine her confidence and make her feel bad about herself

she will over eat and put more weight on and feel worse and worse

if that makes you feel better about yourself then you are an insecure bully

take care of making yourself look good and be supportive about her
T

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2012, 11:33:28 PM »
yeah, but, for a diet where fatloss is the goal, slow metabolizing carbs arent exactly optimal choice.

during fatloss, one should aim for as little insulin release as possible,

now whats worse for a diet, a permanent slight insulin release from complex carbs or a random harsh sugar spike here and there.?

i dont like having my system flooded with complex carbs for a diet, i think it slows down the results.

in a diet, energy comes from the gear.

i'm sorry, but you're seriously a dumbass. complex carbs provide steady energy that you're more likely to utilize than a tremendous sugar payload from, say, a snickers bar. that creates an insulin emergency. it has to get the tremendous excess of sugar out of the blood NOW! and there's only one place to take it—fat!

i would have said you're deluded, but i feel you are justifying your ridiculous theory so you can eat how you wish and not feel convicted about it.