Author Topic: To Christians: Since he doesn`t worship Jesus Romney is going to hell correct?  (Read 31058 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Any person that denies Christ will spend eternity separated from him.  So, yep, that's how Christians see it.

Kinda like I "deny" bigfoot and Santa Clause? At least they won't send me to an eternity in hell for lacking belief in them.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
What do you mean specifically by "denies Christ?"  I don't deny his existence or his place in heaven.
To deny Christ is to Reject his gift of salvation, Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
To deny Christ is to Reject his gift of salvation, Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Wow, a lot riding on believing in him... you'd think he would put more effort into it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Wow, a lot riding on believing in him... you'd think he would put more effort into it.

Well, you know... 2000 years of people dying who don't... and have never even been exposed to him... So those people just had to go to hell you know.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Kinda like I "deny" bigfoot and Santa Clause? At least they won't send me to an eternity in hell for lacking belief in them.

Just call yourself an atheist and be done with it....quite pussyfooting around it LOL.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Just call yourself an atheist and be done with it....quite pussyfooting around it LOL.

I think many people are open to the possibility of a supreme being... He just never shows up.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
What do you mean specifically by "denies Christ?"  I don't deny his existence or his place in heaven.

That you deny Christ as risen Lord and Savior.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I think many people are open to the possibility of a supreme being... He just never shows up.

Why's it gotta be a he??  ;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V

Those that don't truly believe will not experience the Holy Spirit in their lives.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V

God came to Earth as a man in Jesus Christ. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
God came to Earth as a man in Jesus Christ.  

Well, he first came to earth as an infant then... I have to wonder if God bumped his head on the coffee table learning to walk..  

Did Mary say "Jesus!" when he wrote on the wall in crayons?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Well, he first came to earth as an infant then... I have to wonder if God bumped his head on the coffee table learning to walk..   
???

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Well, so far, men run shit... There has to be a reason.

I'd definitely listen to a he over a she.

:D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

As messed up as the world is... gotta wonder though..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher

lol  :D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
That you deny Christ as risen Lord and Savior.

Lord in biblical terms is simply a title of authority, for example Sarah called Abraham Lord in 1 Peter 3:6, so from your posts so far I'm not convinced that Christianity says I will go to hell?

Further evidence of Lord not meaning God is the fact that the terms are differentiated from each other in 1 Cornithians 8:6 "yet for us there is only one God, the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ"

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Lord in biblical terms is simply a title of authority, for example Sarah called Abraham Lord in 1 Peter 3:6, so from your posts so far I'm not convinced that Christianity says I will go to hell?

Further evidence of Lord not meaning God is the fact that the terms are differentiated from each other in 1 Cornithians 8:6 "yet for us there is only one God, the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ"
Yes Christians say you will, not even up for a debate, you have to believe in the resurrection.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V

Knew you would say something like that....Christ is God.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V

Did Mary say "Jesus!" when he wrote on the wall in crayons?

LOL!!!  Maybe!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Yes Christians say you will, not even up for a debate, you have to believe in the resurrection.

Would be great if you can provide scriptural support for the belief that one must believe in the resurrection to avoid hell. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
Would be great if you can provide scriptural support for the belief that one must believe in the resurrection to avoid hell.  

John 14:1-6
New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Comforts His Disciples
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus the Way to the Father
5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Romans 10:9
New International Version (NIV)

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Seriously? did you not read my post above? Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

You guys really need to read your Bible here, you appear as someone who has never picked up the Bible especially when you say Jesus never claimed to be God, of course he did, not only he did but 10 times, I will make a thread soon in the religious section

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Knew you would say something like that....Christ is God.

I know he is in your words, but I was looking for something more than that, since the thread is about what Christians believe, and (correct me if I'm wrong), but a Christian is someone who follows Christ's teaching, so any evidence of Christ teaching that one goes to hell for not believing he is God?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
I know he is in your words, but I was looking for something more than that, since the thread is about what Christians believe, and (correct me if I'm wrong), but a Christian is someone who follows Christ's teaching, so any evidence of Christ teaching that one goes to hell for not believing he is God?

Just provided scripture 2-3 posts up.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
'Christian' is a modern word associated with Jesus, 1 definition is following his teaching, of course what else would you call someone who follows his teachings but theologians accept that the real meaning behind behind a Christian is to accept Jesus as your saviour, which includes him dying and resurrecting, this is a fact. You are always trying to twist a man made terminology to fit your argument? lol but that is not how things work my friend.