Author Topic: To Christians: Since he doesn`t worship Jesus Romney is going to hell correct?  (Read 31074 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I'll get to work on those.. The Emmanuel scripture we can dismiss out of hand... His name was Jesus, they called him Jesus.
Ok no problem

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
A Muslim and Allah is not even comparable to a Christian and God.....one impersonal, one personal.  Nothing indwells the Muslim.  The Holy Spirit indwells the Christian.

LOL come on what's next "no I'm right and you're wrong!"  ::)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
My dad can beat up your dad

bigbobs

• Getbig V

emotional replies once he has failed his attempts at rational replies.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
These replies are pointless and childish

Butterbean

• Getbig V
John 13:13-15

13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

John 3: 16-18

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
R

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15

There's nothing childish about what I wrote.  It's a fundamental difference between Islam and Christianity.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
Revelation 21:8
New International Version (NIV)

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Man of Steel

• Getbig V

I've answered everything that has been asked of me....at least everything I'm aware of.  I'm repeatedly asked for scripture and I (or somoene else) provides that scripture and then I provide my own testimony as well (that isn't asked for).  

bigbobs

• Getbig V
John 13:13-15

13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

You must have missed the few scriptural examples I mentioned earlier in this thread that show that Lord does not mean God.

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

One and only son?  That's contradictory to other biblical verses which state that David, Solomon, even all of pious humans, are all "sons of God."  

17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

You must have missed my posts earlier in this thread where I challenged anyone to show that "believing in Jesus" = believing he is God.  As far as I'm concerned I believe in Jesus.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
I've answered everything that has been asked of me....at least everything I'm aware of.

Correction, you've responded to everything that was asked of you, but did not answer anything.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Yes, bobs you are right.  I did miss some posts because I haven't read the whole thread.  Will go back and do so when I have more time.
R

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Yes, bobs you are right.  I did miss some posts because I haven't read the whole thread.  Will go back and do so when I have more time.

Thanks, sorry I may have sounded condescending in my earlier reply to you.  I've gone back and fourth with MOS and onetimehard a few times on this topic and we've established that we don't mean any offence to each other, but sometimes out of habit I use the same tone with others such as yourself who have similar posts.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
You must have missed the few scriptural examples I mentioned earlier in this thread that show that Lord does not mean God.

One and only son?  That's contradictory to other biblical verses which state that David, Solomon, even all of pious humans, are all "sons of God." 

You must have missed my posts earlier in this thread where I challenged anyone to show that "believing in Jesus" = believing he is God.  As far as I'm concerned I believe in Jesus.

Lord in reference to Christ means God.....words can mean multiple things.

The second sentence is comparing two different ideas.

Couple weeks ago I provided first after verse concerning Jesus' divinity.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
Correction, you've responded to everything that was asked of you, but did not answer anything.

Whatever you say bigbobs....whatever you say.

bigbobs

• Getbig V

And you know that, how?  Right, its your interpretation, different than mine and many others.

I've shown in a previous thread how the same Greek word for son is used for both David and Jesus when referring to the "son of God."

In the verse you provided a couple of weeks ago Jesus called himself son of man.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
And you know that, how?  Right, its your interpretation, different than mine and many others.

I've shown in a previous thread how the same Greek word for son is used for both David and Jesus when referring to the "son of God."

In the verse you provided a couple of weeks ago Jesus called himself son of man.

In another thread I've addressed that.

Haven't seen it, post it again or direct me to it.

I addressed son of Man in another thread as well.

I'm not unrealistic, I know you don't follow MOS posts like a Twitter account LOL!!  I don't expect you to know all this.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Thanks, sorry I may have sounded condescending in my earlier reply to you.  I've gone back and fourth with MOS and onetimehard a few times on this topic and we've established that we don't mean any offence to each other, but sometimes out of habit I use the same tone with others such as yourself who have similar posts.
;)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser

So in other words you pick and chose, and interpret the bible way you see fit, to fit your personal belief of worshipping a human being even if it contradicts scripture.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
So in other words you pick and chose, and interpret the bible way you see fit, to fit your personal belief of worshipping a human being even if it contradicts scripture.
There is no other way to interpret this verse but that Jesus said he is God....

John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God

also....

.John 14:9-11 - Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

Man of Steel

• Getbig V

Whatever you say ahmed....whatever you say.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser

John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God

How do you interpret this as Jesus being God when right after it showcases how Jesus differentiates.

It means Jesus and God are 'one' meaning, Jesus belongs to God, Jesus is doing God's work, Jesus and God's purpose is one in the same. Reaffirming this he further goes onto say how he showed 'the good works' he has done through God.

Furthermore you forget the verse that comes right after, which is an interesting point, as we already mentioned to you in the OT 'sons of God', "son of God', "children of God" were mentioned in the OT:

[30] I and the Father are one."
[31] The Jews took up stones again to stone him.
[32] Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of these do you stone me?"
[33] The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we stone you but for blasphemy; because you, being a man, make yourself God."
[34] Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, `I said, you are gods'?

I said, Ye are gods, and all of you sons of the Most High. Psalm 82:6

If anything this just shows Jewish and Christian scripture has become unreliable and Christians are able to form their own beliefs anyway they see fit.

The use of 'son of god', 'sons of god', 'children of god' was always understood in the metaphoric sense by Jews not literal. It is pauline christianity that turned it literal.

The thing is, the NT contradicts itself, so who to trust? If we compare it to the OT it completely contradicts earlier teachers. And as the OT says:

God is not a man, that he should lie; Neither the son of man, that he should repent: Hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Numbers 23:19

It is also well documented that Paul and whoever the 'authors' of the NT books were, copied and altered even statements from the OT in their writings.

Who to trust? God doesn't lie, or change His mind that first He reveals to us His identity as ONE, incomparable to anything, nothing in existance is like God. Then suddenly God becomes three, the trinity and becomes a man and is a womb of a woman for 9 months.

Plain ridiculous

bigbobs

• Getbig V
;)

:)

Sometimes a husband will say, "My wife and I are one," to show how close they are or how much love is between them.  Doesn't mean they are literally one entity.

also....

.John 14:9-11 - Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?”\

Sounds reasonable that a messenger of God or prophet would say this.

Stefano

• Getbig III
I see the follower of the pedo muhammed is still getting brutalized.

Stefano

• Getbig III
:)

Sometimes a husband will say, "My wife and I are one," to show how close they are or how much love is between them.  Doesn't mean they are literally one entity.

Sounds reasonable that a messenger of God or prophet would say this.

Most times a follower of islam will take a stick to his wife. Such love.