Author Topic: Is Ric Flair worth it?  (Read 23115 times)

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Re: Is Ric Flair worth it?
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »
Not even a decent bump?  I am really not following. He took every finisher/spot during his era that any other wrestler of that time did. A ton of press slams from Sting, Luger, Warriors, etc...  And I do have to say suffering a broken back and was still willing to do it. 

It is just interesting to me that someone who is obviously a more serious fan would dislike Flair.  One thing I will say is that you are a bit younger than me and most likely only remember Flair after 1990 or so.  His work in the 90's and later was a shadow on the 70's and especially mid 80's.

I did watch a few matches of his older work recently and i can now say yeah i guess he could take a bump when he wanted to, Just still man idk i just cant seem to like the guy lol, Serious fan for sure hell i even worked in the ring with some indy guys in Michigan for a few years until i broke my back......My entire lifes dream was to become a famous worker but the back just took that away.

Like i said i respect him but just cant like him, Not trying to take anything away from him because he has had a very famous and storied career. Just not a fan

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2013, 12:23:23 PM »
I did watch a few matches of his older work recently and i can now say yeah i guess he could take a bump when he wanted to, Just still man idk i just cant seem to like the guy lol, Serious fan for sure hell i even worked in the ring with some indy guys in Michigan for a few years until i broke my back......My entire lifes dream was to become a famous worker but the back just took that away.

Like i said i respect him but just cant like him, Not trying to take anything away from him because he has had a very famous and storied career. Just not a fan

Not a problem.  Sucks about your back

Its just rare ti come across a more serious fan who doesnt like Flair. 

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2013, 06:19:43 PM »
Thx man

Yeah i mean i wish i could like him, I have tried in the past to get into liking Flair but just doesnt seem to work..... I do however love the promos that he would cut while in the four horsemen in the 80's " I got the 4 horseman DVD " Awesome collection there but still i would always seem to be drawn more toward tully and arn than i was Ric.

Actually when i spent some time in a promotion up in Michigan there was a little group of us that just couldnt stand him.....Honestly it's weird for me too, For quite awhile i had a fear of saying anything negative about flair around these guys but then we all became pretty close and it just came out one day at one of my buddies house when the promotion for Flair Triple DVD set collection came out. There were guys in the group that thought otherwise but they were even younger than me so all they really knew about the sport is what they had seen growing up in the 90's.

I even had a buddy so young that he thought it was all garbage except the ECW stuff in the late 90's " Hes only about 22 or so now lol. So i guess we just all have different impressions of guys depending on what and more importantly WHEN we saw it.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2013, 02:13:18 AM »
Thx man

Yeah i mean i wish i could like him, I have tried in the past to get into liking Flair but just doesnt seem to work..... I do however love the promos that he would cut while in the four horsemen in the 80's " I got the 4 horseman DVD " Awesome collection there but still i would always seem to be drawn more toward tully and arn than i was Ric.

Actually when i spent some time in a promotion up in Michigan there was a little group of us that just couldnt stand him.....Honestly it's weird for me too, For quite awhile i had a fear of saying anything negative about flair around these guys but then we all became pretty close and it just came out one day at one of my buddies house when the promotion for Flair Triple DVD set collection came out. There were guys in the group that thought otherwise but they were even younger than me so all they really knew about the sport is what they had seen growing up in the 90's.

I even had a buddy so young that he thought it was all garbage except the ECW stuff in the late 90's " Hes only about 22 or so now lol. So i guess we just all have different impressions of guys depending on what and more importantly WHEN we saw it.

Kids these days...