Author Topic: Lakers are done.  (Read 23229 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Lakers are done.
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2013, 08:18:59 AM »
I like the quote I've read in several places:  permanent solution to a temporary problem.  Still, you never know what is going on in someone's life or in their head, whether it's clinical, etc.  Some people are stronger than others.     

The Lakers injury-plagued season is so bad it's almost comical:  Howard injured.  Pau missed a good portion of the season.  Nash has been injured all season.  Blake missed over a month.  Jordan Hill missed the season.  Metta had surgery.  Kobe out.

Kupchak has a lot of work to do this offseason. 

After watching Howard self-implode in game 4 against the Spurs....I don't think there is any chance he returns to the Lakers. He can't handle being the main guy and he has zero leadership qualities.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2013, 11:57:13 AM »
After watching Howard self-implode in game 4 against the Spurs....I don't think there is any chance he returns to the Lakers. He can't handle being the main guy and he has zero leadership qualities.

Don't underestimate the power of money.  He will leave millions on the table if he leaves.    

That said, I am glad the dreadful Laker season is over. They were snake bitten. Worst injury-plagued season I've ever seen with them. Very disappointed in Howard getting himself kicked out of the game when they were already missing Kobe, Nash, Metta, Blake, and Meeks.  A real punk move.

Mitch Kupchak has a lot of work to do.

Is it football season yet?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »
  They never even won in the pre season    it had zero to do with injuries if you really look at it     the injuries came, but they were never even good to begin with

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »
  They never even won in the pre season    it had zero to do with injuries if you really look at it     the injuries came, but they were never even good to begin with

I disagree.  The starting five of Howard, Gasol, Metta, Kobe, and Nash started something like seven games together.  When they started to get healthy after the All-Star break, they had one of the best records in league during that stretch.  Then the bottom fell out again. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2013, 04:48:34 PM »
  They only beat shit teams

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »

Looks like you were right.  Houston it is (at least according to "sources").

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2013, 07:19:46 PM »
Or maybe not?   :o  Still hasn't made up his mind.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2013, 07:37:57 PM »
wadda fucken mess wadda fucken tool ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »
Looks official now.