Author Topic: what causes nerve damage in aging bodybuilders arms etc  (Read 11603 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: what causes nerve damage in aging bodybuilders arms etc
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »
The fact is , if he was still in good shape and able to compete he would have been in this show, especially for $75,000.

He would also be a BSN athlete  and have all his cars at his house.....

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 12:27:55 PM »
if you look at a lot of people, you can see imbalances from one side of their body to the other.  Faces aren't symmetrical on one side.  I've seen girls with boobs that weren't quite identical.

Now, you inject a person with minor imbalances with enough growth hormone - you're growing bone, muscle, goodness knows what else...  then you diet this person down and prance them around nekkid in posing trunks... you're going to see inconsistencies in development. 

You should be a lawyer.
I'm starting to like Ronnie's current "shape"

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »

Oh Boy .

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 12:33:57 PM »
Would you rather have arms like 48-yo Ronnie or Big Dan Hill?

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »

Before

After

Jizzacked

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 12:39:32 PM »
I would bet in some cases, nerve trauma from the constant injection of small bodyparts is what leads to the disappearance of calves, bis etc

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »
I would bet in some cases, nerve trauma from the constant injection of small bodyparts is what leads to the disappearance of calves, bis etc

Imagine the amount of needles Coleman stuck into his body.

probably 10 a day, 3650 a year, *20 years = 73000 injections. At least this much.

Insulin about 3-4 times a day, Gh about 3-4 times a day, winny twice a day, tren, test, equ, etc....  Insane.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 12:52:13 PM »
I have permanent neck nerve damage from 3 slipped discs and severe spinal stenosis(spinal cord constriction at the neck) and what is going on with Ronnie and Paloboism(the atrophied limbs portion) in general is indeed nerve damage. Ive noticed atrophy in my shoulders and one arm as well as definite strength decreases in my upper body movements. Nothing has changed over the years with the exception of the nerve damage and spinal cord bruising which was verified on an MRI. Pay attention to your body. When you get those tingling hands and numbness, that's not good, your body is telling you something. I had my neck fused and need a posterior laminectomy(bone removal on backside of neck) so the spinal cord has some room. All this can be attributed to 20 plus years of over the top heavy training.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »
always training heavy, beyond functional strength was never meant for the human body.

most athletes who does strength and conditioning year in and year out doesn't ever encounter this problem. even older athletes. it's because they train for function, not as heavy as possible every single workout.

bodybuilders basically does everything wrong and bad for their bodies. Lot's of heavy machine workouts, low reps, very high protein diet etc.  this shit was just put in place by the bodybuilding supplement industry to make more money and sell equipment. some people fail to see what most industries are willing to do and say to extract more money out of their customers.

the best thing I ever done is to work out with mostly dumbbells and higher reps and never worry about protein. I probably get no more than 100g per day at the most.

^^
Depends on how much muscle pain you have after your workouts, or what they call "Delayed onset muscle soreness" (D.O.M.S).  I was barely getting 150g and my weight is 230lb at 6ft, so I was going thru hell.  I found out the hard way I needed more eggs and shakes, and supplemental glutamine.  Now, I can work out with less than a third of the soreness.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
Its from years of heavy lifting, I have had disc replacement and nerve damage. My discs were reduced in height due to firstly compression injuries from Rugby, then years of heavy lifting. Before teh surgery I lost my right side from the nerve being clamp from vertebrae, where the disc height had been worn down, this effected my whole right side much in the way Ronnie left side has gone, four years on, its still not corrected, it did improve, but I would never be able to grow evenly again, real issue with my back as uneven lat mass can cause spinal issue due to the lack off evenness. I notice the symptoms in so many bodybuilders Jays going that way as well, first thing to go is the triceps, its a bitch and theres no coming back from it.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »
A guy down the block has that. His one arm, delt and trap on one side is atrophied. He said it was from nerve damage. He is in his late 40's and has been lifting weights for his whole life.

I know a guy in his early 40's at my gym who's muscles started to atrophy quite noticeably in the span of 1 year.   All those years of heavy lifting, it's like something in the body sad enough is enough.  First it was his forearms, then his upper arms, then legs.   He's a smaller version of his former muscular self.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
Looks like most everyone on this thread suffers from poor genetics given all the permanent injuries.  :-\

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »

Oh Boy .

As a former Mr Olympia, I would be embarrassed to be in front of people looking like that.  I'd be pulling the Tom Prince look, wearing double shirts, baggy pants, etc.   

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
Looks like most everyone on this thread suffers from poor genetics given all the permanent injuries.  :-\

You definitely suffer from it given your face, height, bone structure, etc.  :-\

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 04:43:12 PM »
Thoracic outlet syndrome.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »
You definitely suffer from it given your face, height, bone structure, etc.  :-\
Wrong.

You look awful and are nothing but an injured mess.  I hope this helps.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »
1- We are sorry to interrupt the scheduled programming
2- Slate's post count needs to be incremented by 1
3- Normal service has been resumed

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 05:52:57 PM »
Wrong.

You look awful and are nothing but an injured mess.  I hope this helps.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding... or in this case in the numerous pictures of yourself that you have kindly provided.  I support you and your jezebel in your decision not to procreate. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 07:07:06 PM »
The proof, as they say, is in the pudding... or in this case in the numerous pictures of yourself that you have kindly provided.  I support you and your jezebel in your decision not to procreate. 
You have one of the worst physiques on the board.  What is your excuse for this travesty?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »
great, I have 2 blown discs and nerve entrapment in my shoulder that makes it hard to flex my left arm.

So by the time I'm 50 apparently I'll have 12" arms and a 48" gut no matter how many drugs I take.  :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »
 ???
Why is everyone so broken down?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
You have one of the worst physiques on the board.  What is your excuse for this travesty?

is it true you spent eons underground, in thrall to a ring of power?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »
  Micro Stroke?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 09:59:22 PM »
Thoracic outlet syndrome.
I think youre on to something here.

My "theory" has always been that this was a result of some form of entrapment neuropathy leading to this. Would love to hear some other docs weigh in on this.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 10:24:16 PM »
Its from years of heavy lifting, I have had disc replacement and nerve damage. My discs were reduced in height due to firstly compression injuries from Rugby, then years of heavy lifting. Before teh surgery I lost my right side from the nerve being clamp from vertebrae, where the disc height had been worn down, this effected my whole right side much in the way Ronnie left side has gone, four years on, its still not corrected, it did improve, but I would never be able to grow evenly again, real issue with my back as uneven lat mass can cause spinal issue due to the lack off evenness. I notice the symptoms in so many bodybuilders Jays going that way as well, first thing to go is the triceps, its a bitch and theres no coming back from it.

were you weaker in your right side?  did you have a hard time feeling the muscle?

i've wondered for a long time now if this is something i'm afflicted with.  how does one go about identifying "nerve damage" through a doctor?