Author Topic: Happy Birthday to the most powerful being to ever and will ever walk the  (Read 42006 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Happy Birthday to the most powerful being to ever and will ever walk the
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2012, 03:12:40 AM »
tbombz does indeed "get it".  He just does as so many others do and picks and chooses based upon his own desires.  Nothing wrong with that really, but then there is nothing right with it either.

People believe what they choose to believe and quite often because they like or dislike what they hear or read, i.e., how it affects them personally.  The truth of the matter is this:  Only the dead know what to expect when it comes to what lies beyond life.  And they are not talking.

As for Muslims, well they may not deny the existence of Jesus of Nazareth but they most definitely ignore Him.  To follow Muhammad is false and not of Christ.  Don't like that fact?  Too bad.  Islam is definitely not Christianity and Christianity is not Islam.  Islam means to submit.

Never.

Very strong points there^^^

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2012, 03:14:54 AM »
tbombz does indeed "get it".  He just does as so many others do and picks and chooses based upon his own desires.  Nothing wrong with that really, but then there is nothing right with it either.

People believe what they choose to believe and quite often because they like or dislike what they hear or read, i.e., how it affects them personally.  The truth of the matter is this:  Only the dead know what to expect when it comes to what lies beyond life.  And they are not talking.

As for Muslims, well they may not deny the existence of Jesus of Nazareth but they most definitely ignore Him.  To follow Muhammad is false and not of Christ.  Don't like that fact?  Too bad.  Islam is definitely not Christianity and Christianity is not Islam.  Islam means to submit.Never.

Submit unto whom?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2012, 04:08:21 AM »
So. 'No' to Mayan Apocalypse and now 'Yes' to Jesus Christ!? I want the old Wiggs back. This new one has more holes in his head than a lb of Swiss cheese.     

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2012, 06:38:54 AM »

As for Muslims, well they may not deny the existence of Jesus of Nazareth but they most definitely ignore Him.  To follow Muhammad is false and not of Christ.  Don't like that fact?  Too bad.  Islam is definitely not Christianity and Christianity is not Islam.  Islam means to submit.

Never.

Your post doesn't make any sense. If no one knows what happens after death, then how do you know Islam is wrong and Christianity is right?

Face it, neither of you know. You just don't want to admit to it.
G

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2012, 10:14:37 AM »
We have documents of antiquity, we have archeological finds validating biblical scripture, we have the testimony of those that knew and lived with Christ and we have the testimony of millions today that form his body of believers.  Therein lies the proof....the transformative power of the Holy Spirit that came at Pentecost!!  A relationship with Jesus Christ goes beyond online debates and affirms biblical scripture.  A relationship with Jesus Christ and the undeniable proof of his existence is found completely in the tangible presence and interaction with the Holy Spirit made manifest in the body of believers that claim him as Savior.

Romans 10:9
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

It's a this point that the Holy Spirit can begin a tremendous, tranforming work in your life.....did in mine!!  I experience the awesome presence of the Lord almost on a daily basis.  Call on the powerful name of the Jesus, Yeshua, Immaneul and begin to experience the reality and power of the Lord!

Many will dismiss this as nonsense and my heart bursts for those that do, but those with courage enough to claim him as Lord I celebrate for you and with you!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2012, 02:11:27 PM »
Amen.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »
Submit unto whom?

The will of Allah.  And if you refuse to submit?

Ask a Muslim or better still, ask a former Muslim.  Those are more difficult to find.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2012, 06:37:20 PM »

Your post doesn't make any sense. If no one knows what happens after death, then how do you know Islam is wrong and Christianity is right?

Face it, neither of you know. You just don't want to admit to it.

I have quoted above, the words I believe you were looking for.  They were of course, "hidden" in my original post but I have waved my magic wand of Christendom so that you can see them clearly.  I also removed the other bothersome text that made them so difficult to see and emboldened them so that they stand out even more.   ;)

Look at them closely now that you can easily view them.   ;)    You are wrong in  your poorly chosen assumption as quoted above.  I choose to believe what I believe.  You choose to not believe.  I much prefer the hope of something more over your apparent (by virtue of your very obvious smugness)  "certainty" of absolute nothingness.

I neither pity nor admire you.  Just because I choose to wear shoes does not mean you have to.  I am not here to sell you shoes.  I could not care less if you wear shoes.  I am not a shoe salesman.  I do not care about your feet.  Your feet are your own and mean nothing to me.  You are on your own. 

In other words you are dealing with a Christian that refuses to pray for you.  That does not care one whit if you accept Christ or not.  That realizes that not all will be saved but for those that do not believe, being saved is a fallacy to them ergo it means nothing to them.  They are not ignorant, neither are they stupid or heathen.  They are intelligent, well meaning people who choose to believe differently than do I.  I think you are among them and are just trying to be clever with someone that has a faith you do not share and feel obliged to make fun of.

Get over yourself.  You have much to offer the world but the truth of the matter is there are plenty of smug folks on both sides of this coin.  If you think I am treating you poorly then you fail to notice that I am just giving you what you gave me and from what  I have read from you here, you do the same to others.  I am merely giving it back to you, but nicely. 

In the event I have further confused you, please allow me to wave my magic wand of Christendom and clear things up all the more for you.

I admit that I do not know what awaits any of us (I believe I pretty much said that in the aforementioned magically shown words of mine quoted above).  Only the dead do and they are not talking.  They are not talking because, well, because as pirates would say, "Dead men tell no tales".

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Is that Disney enough?   ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »
You simply don't get it do you?

When it comes to historical figures, there is no evidence in absolute terms, no one can be absolutely proven to have existed. It is only what we choice to accept as evidence at most, however archaeology has proven that 99% of historical figures that are documented are in fact real figures, Why?

Very simple logic here. You have 1 in 50 who can read and you have 1 in 300 who can write during ancient days furthermore one who documented historical facts would have been 1 in ten thousand. So a writer was truly a wealthy position and charged big dollars for his services. A writer would have been a millionaire back in antiquity. So hardly the type of person that would be hired to write gibberish. So when you have one historian that documents a historical figure, by university standards, they are accepted as a true person.

The exception to these rules are poems and mythology and folk lore but these are obvious and can easily be distinguished.

Now we have Tacitus who wrote about Augustus Caesar and his work is taught in major Universities across the globe. Tacitus also wrote about Jesus and other historical figures as well.

See I do not care what you think personally or what you believe but you mislead everyone reading this thread by saying that other historical figures have way more evidence or written work about them or have more primary sources of evidence towards their existence and this is unacceptable. Nothing could be further from the truth. Jesus having been mentioned by nearly ten historical figures very close in time to his existence is as good as it gets as primary source of evidence towards someones existence.

no pictures, paintings, or statues made of jesus while he was supposedly alive. the images of his face that do exist were made after his supposed life and vary widely in their descritption of his physical appearance. 

with other historical figures of such celebrity there are numerous images  very similar in their description of physical appearance and created during the supposed life of said figures.

that's just one thing.

in all, I agree with you about the fact that we cant know for certain if any history is actually correct.    that would encourage me to be questionable of all history, not accept all questionable history.  ;)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2012, 07:04:57 PM »
We have documents of antiquity, we have archeological finds validating biblical scripture, we have the testimony of those that knew and lived with Christ and we have the testimony of millions today that form his body of believers.  Therein lies the proof....the transformative power of the Holy Spirit that came at Pentecost!!  A relationship with Jesus Christ goes beyond online debates and affirms biblical scripture.  A relationship with Jesus Christ and the undeniable proof of his existence is found completely in the tangible presence and interaction with the Holy Spirit made manifest in the body of believers that claim him as Savior.

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

It's a this point that the Holy Spirit can begin a tremendous, tranforming work in your life.....did in mine!!  I experience the awesome presence of the Lord almost on a daily basis.  Call on the powerful name of the Jesus, Yeshua, Immaneul and begin to experience the reality and power of the Lord!

Many will dismiss this as nonsense and my heart bursts for those that do, but those with courage enough to claim him as Lord I celebrate for you and with you!
did it ever occur to you that you could be sorely mistaken about the existence of jesus and that god simply recognized that you were sincerely trying to become a more enlightened person and allowed yoru heart to open up even though you falsely believe in the story of jesus ?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2012, 07:06:25 PM »

I have quoted above, the words I believe you were looking for.  They were of course, "hidden" in my original post but I have waved my magic wand of Christendom so that you can see them clearly.  I also removed the other bothersome text that made them so difficult to see and emboldened them so that they stand out even more.   ;)

Look at them closely now that you can easily view them.   ;)    You are wrong in  your poorly chosen assumption as quoted above.  I choose to believe what I believe.  You choose to not believe.  I much prefer the hope of something more over your apparent (by virtue of your very obvious smugness)  "certainty" of absolute nothingness.

I neither pity nor admire you.  Just because I choose to wear shoes does not mean you have to.  I am not here to sell you shoes.  I could not care less if you wear shoes.  I am not a shoe salesman.  I do not care about your feet.  Your feet are your own and mean nothing to me.  You are on your own. 

In other words you are dealing with a Christian that refuses to pray for you.  That does not care one whit if you accept Christ or not.  That realizes that not all will be saved but for those that do not believe, being saved is a fallacy to them ergo it means nothing to them.  They are not ignorant, neither are they stupid or heathen.  They are intelligent, well meaning people who choose to believe differently than do I.  I think you are among them and are just trying to be clever with someone that has a faith you do not share and feel obliged to make fun of.

Get over yourself.  You have much to offer the world but the truth of the matter is there are plenty of smug folks on both sides of this coin.  If you think I am treating you poorly then you fail to notice that I am just giving you what you gave me and from what  I have read from you here, you do the same to others.  I am merely giving it back to you, but nicely. 

In the event I have further confused you, please allow me to wave my magic wand of Christendom and clear things up all the more for you.

I admit that I do not know what awaits any of us (I believe I pretty much said that in the aforementioned magically shown words of mine quoted above).  Only the dead do and they are not talking.  They are not talking because, well, because as pirates would say, "Dead men tell no tales".

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Is that Disney enough?   ;D

if you truly believe in the story of jesus Christ then your attitude of indifference about the fate of a soul is blasphemous

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »
if you truly believe in the story of jesus Christ then your attitude of indifference about the fate of a soul is blasphemous

Actually, I am honest.  You are really stupid.  I don't mince words.  John told me about you.  He said you were stupid and I doubted
him.  Never again.

You're not making a fool of yourself, you really are a fool.  Go take more pictures of your silly physique and talk about how you enjoy having men with large penises
perform anal intercourse on you.   Face it, that is what you do here.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
  no pictures, paintings, or statues made of jesus while he was supposedly alive. the images of his face that do exist were made after his supposed life and vary widely in their descritption of his physical appearance. 

with other historical figures of such celebrity there are numerous images  very similar in their description of physical appearance and created during the supposed life of said figures.

that's just one thing.

in all, I agree with you about the fact that we cant know for certain if any history is actually correct.    that would encourage me to be questionable of all history, not accept all questionable history.  ;)
Pictures and painting are all made up, non authentic. I will give you statues though, yes statues are very strong evidence but no more definitive then a manuscript.  We do have statues of some Pharaohs and statues of Pompei, Cleopatra and Alexander but the list is short in that regards, but keep in mind there are more statues of fictional characters then real characters, example- Zeus, Poseidon, etc....

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2012, 09:29:08 AM »
Actually, I am honest.  You are really stupid.  I don't mince words.  John told me about you.  He said you were stupid and I doubted
him.  Never again.

You're not making a fool of yourself, you really are a fool.  Go take more pictures of your silly physique and talk about how you enjoy having men with large penises
perform anal intercourse on you.   Face it, that is what you do here.

thank you for honestly representing yourself. it makes my job of arguing against your beliefs that much easier, as people see that such a devout 'christian' who claims to have such strong belief in jesus, is still SO SO SO SO far away from being a good human being. and thus, it reveals to everyone that the path to enlightenment certainly isn't expedited when one "comes to jesus"   ;D  ;D  ;D

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2012, 10:07:06 AM »
People who know about god have special powers.

When will the rest of you understand that?

G

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »
did it ever occur to you that you could be sorely mistaken about the existence of jesus and that god simply recognized that you were sincerely trying to become a more enlightened person and allowed yoru heart to open up even though you falsely believe in the story of jesus ?

Many, many different scenarios have gone through my mind and some have plagued me in my recent past (ex: "Am I really a Christian?  Do I really believe all of this?  etc...), but today I have no more doubts about my God and Lord and savior Jesus Christ.  My life has been changed completely, but I give all credit, praise and glory to him.  Jesus Christ has changed me and I love him for it.  Not a thing special about me (just a regular man), I simply chose to surrender myself to him and give my life for him and he's revealed himself to me time and time again.  He's lifted the veil from over my eyes and my life has been set anew!   Can do the same for any that desire to know him and belief in him.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2012, 10:11:13 AM »

What kind of special powers?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »

Hey weren't you that guy that told the other guy to grow up the other day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think that post will haunt you forever  ;)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »
Many, many different scenarios have gone through my mind and some have plagued me in my recent past (ex: "Am I really a Christian?  Do I really believe all of this?  etc...), but today I have no more doubts about my God and Lord and savior Jesus Christ.  My life has been changed completely, but I give all credit, praise and glory to him.  Jesus Christ has changed me and I love him for it.  Not a thing special about me (just a regular man), I simply chose to surrender myself to him and give my life for him and he's revealed himself to me time and time again.  He's lifted the veil from over my eyes and my life has been set anew!   Can do the same for any that desire to know him and belief in him.
I think you are just scared.  Remember, a just god would accept you anyway.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
This is where you guys presume to know God and think that you have the answer to what he will do. No one is just and we all sin and all come short of the glory of God, So by deeds and works alone we all fail and yes that include mother Theresa. This is why Jesus died for our sins so that we have only but to accept `salvation`and not strive toward it to fail miserably.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »
What is it you think I'm scared of?

Often times, as a believer, I'm accussed of being scared or weak because of my belief in God.  Fear of death is the idea most frequently noted.  Sometimes it's fear of reality or fear of failing in life and needing God as crutch (or excuse) for failure.

I do have fear....fear and respect for a perfectly just God.  That perfect justice speaks to his qualities of righteousness, sinlessness and lawfulness.  Our imperfection and sinfulness can only be aligned with his perfect nature if we accept his sacrifice and payment for our sins on Calvary's cross.  That acceptance you speak of is contingent upon his sacrifice paying our sin debt and our acceptance of him as our risen Lord and Savior.  We acknowledge that we are sinners, recognize that our sins can only be washed clean by his shed blood on the cross and recognize that his risen from the dead.  The perfect God became the perfect man that became the perfect sacrifice for our sin permanently reconciling our imperfection with his perfection.

9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I recognize that I am a sinner, that I am accountable for my sinful choices and that salvation through Christ is the only way to be forgiven for that sin.  I love him and thank him for what he did for me.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2012, 06:21:11 PM »
what if its actually god doing the revealing, and your just mistakenly thinking its "jesus", and "jesus" is nothing more than a folktale (albeit a beautiful one).

;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »
what if its actually god doing the revealing, and your just mistakenly thinking its "jesus", and "jesus" is nothing more than a folktale (albeit a beautiful one).

;)

Ah, but that's where the Holy Spirit fills in all the gaps in my life!!

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2012, 05:56:46 PM »
Ah, but that's where the Holy Spirit fills in all the gaps in my life!!

You are a big strong, good looking fella (no homo) but do you think you would feel that way if you were cursed with a broken down body?  It's easy to believe that a higher power is looking out for you when things are going your way but what if you were born to a crack whore and your father was an abusive drunk who like to use you as a soccer ball every day?  Would you still feel the same?  There is a young girl who lives near me and she has been in a wheel chair from the day she was born.  She is a young teenager now, I see her from time to time in her wheel chair with a friend, She is all bandaged up except her face, she is quite beatiful, But I literally have to bite my tongue so as to not break out in tears when I see her.  She will never be able to have that first dance or probably even a first kiss.  All that is around the corner for her is pain and misery.  What did she do to deserve such a fate?  Whe didn't god smile upon her like he did you?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2012, 06:08:12 PM »
You are a big strong, good looking fella (no homo) but do you think you would feel that way if you were cursed with a broken down body?  It's easy to believe that a higher power is looking out for you when things are going your way but what if you were born to a crack whore and your father was an abusive drunk who like to use you as a soccer ball every day?  Would you still feel the same?  There is a young girl who lives near me and she has been in a wheel chair from the day she was born.  She is a young teenager now, I see her from time to time in her wheel chair with a friend, She is all bandaged up except her face, she is quite beatiful, But I literally have to bite my tongue so as to not break out in tears when I see her.  She will never be able to have that first dance or probably even a first kiss.  All that is around the corner for her is pain and misery.  What did she do to deserve such a fate?  Whe didn't god smile upon her like he did you?
There are millions living shitty lives and in poverty with barely enough to eat and are suffering tremendously that still give thanks to the Lord.

My Mother is diagnosed with schizophrenia and literally can not leave her house, also has arthritis and migraines, just a wreck. Her life everyday is wake up, do nothing all day, sit on a couch and just literally do nothing. She is the happiest person ever when we visit her, for me it`s about twice a week. Anyway she praises God everyday and is the happiest person I ever known. I asked her why she is not sad or anything and she replies, Nothing matters cause God loves her.