Author Topic: How to get contest shredded for anyone - discussion  (Read 142266 times)

ukjeff

Re: Fu.... the experts, non-sense. Get shredded, instructions on a paper napkin
« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2013, 12:32:27 PM »
Wheres OTH?
I think he's nipped off to have some carbs so he can get his argument straight.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »
If I don't eat enough carbs I get low blood sugar levels and feel like Im 2 steps behind the rest of the world.
I get Hypoglycaemic, which is dangerous if you are operating equipment or driving.
If you dont have work to do and can doss about all day doing fuck all and mainlining on ephedrine I suppose it wouldn't matter that much
Unfortunately for me I have a life.

Yes but you are one person , I can go very low carbs without the feelings you are talking about and that's with working full time, sometimes pretty long days and training 3-4 times a week on top, and can't say I've heard of many others talking about going hypo on low carb/keto diets...
Once you adapt I would imagine blood sugar levels would be pretty stable on a low carb diet(?)

Just because something doesn't suit you doesn't meant that applies to everyone or even the majority. I don't feel any different on a low carb diet than I do on a more fat restrictive/mod carb diet. I just find it easier to fit in with ED life as don't need to worry about making calculations other than carbs.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2013, 12:33:53 PM »
Save the bit about flatness, these claims are all demonstrably false.

1. Ketosis-inducing diets (there aren't many varieties, but there's more than one) have always worked tremendously well for me as far as stripping away bodyfat, maintaining muscle, keeping energy levels stable, and maintaining a modicum of mental function are concerned. I suspect many doubters are "virgins talking about sex," so to speak, never having tried the diet. And that's understandable, given the U.S. government (via the NIH, mostly) demonizes any such approach to dieting to the extreme, an attitude which trickles down into nutritionists' minds across the country.

I also suspect that those who are complaining of having tried such a diet either didn't do it properly and thus never entered ketosis in the first place -- meandering on the border between 'low enough carbs' and 'just a bit too many carbs' -- or otherwise are referring solely to low carb diets, which are different than ketosis-inducing diets (which are essentially zero carb diets).

2. OTH, what sort of cardio regime do you like to implement in conjunction with your diet?
Excellent post.

I usually have people to cardio at least 3 times a week, the goal of course is to reach an hour each time but they can start at 30 min and work their way up.  This is considering they are active throughout the day but if they have an office job or something where they don't move much I will increase it to as much as everyday. Now there are a few that do no cardio at all but they have laborious jobs and burn a lot throughtout the day.

ukjeff

« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2013, 12:39:07 PM »
hers my final go at a weight loss programme

Eat an apple and an orange a day do 3 hours cardio and you will be ripped in 10 weeks.
It's not perfect but it works.

ukjeff

« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »
I don't feel any different on a low carb diet than I do on a more fat restrictive/mod carb diet. I just find it easier to fit in with ED life as don't need to worry about making calculations other than carbs.
Just because something doesn't suits you doesn't meant that applies to everyone or even the majority.

back at you.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »
Yes but you are one person , I can go very low carbs without the feelings you are talking about and that's with working full time, sometimes pretty long days and training 3-4 times a week on top, and can't say I've heard of many others talking about going hypo on low carb/keto diets...
Once you adapt I would imagine blood sugar levels would be pretty stable on a low carb diet(?)

Just because something doesn't suit you doesn't meant that applies to everyone or even the majority. I don't feel any different on a low carb diet than I do on a more fat restrictive/mod carb diet. I just find it easier to fit in with ED life as don't need to worry about making calculations other than carbs.
EXACTLY^^^, how much simpler can it get

I have zero tolerance for whiners and cry babies. These diets are not a walk in the park and they are not for everyone, although anyone can do it, but they are intended for serious people ready for the challenge not some one who lacks will power.

I own a roofing business and I am on a sloped roof shingling all day sometimes on zero carbs for 12 hours, wtf? there is no excuses, this guy ukjeff is a big baby crying about hypo, that is a fucken cop out for a lack of will power.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2013, 12:44:45 PM »
back at you.

LOL there are plenty of people on this thread alone saying it "suits" them , you yourself admitted it works, the only reason I can see your are trying to categorically rubbish it is because you didn't find you got on with it(?)

ukjeff

« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2013, 12:52:12 PM »
you yourself admitted it works, the only reason I can see your are trying to categorically rubbish it is because you didn't find you got on with it
Rubbish it?
I admitted it works because of the calorie deficit.
if people want to do it fine, its just that it's not the be all and end all the OP suggested.
What I wrote is the fastest and most efficient way humanly possible, there is simply no such a thing as a faster way to get to contest shape while maintaining all your muscle, sorry but there just is NOT.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2013, 12:54:16 PM »
OneTimehard pwning UKdouche and Wiggs here, with very little effort.

ukjeff

« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2013, 12:54:21 PM »
this guy ukjeff is a big baby crying about hypo, that is a fucken cop out for a lack of will power.
Obviously never been hypoglycaemic.

All these fuckin cry baby diabetics, fuck the insulin,all they need is some willpower.

ukjeff

« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2013, 01:00:11 PM »

Lol, its an internet forum, neither of us is right, we both have opinions, its what works for you thats right.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »
ADDRESSING THE CHEAT/CARB DAY[/
If you are on low carbs no need for this

On a no carb diet most people use the weekly approach for a carb up day. I do not use this approach.

What I do is simple, I pick intervals in body weight throughtout the course of my journey and once every interval is met I have a cheat day.

Here is an example; start the diet at 250lb and I end up at 205lb so I pick all my cheat days in advance like this;

244 lb
239 lb
234 lb
229 lb
225 lb
221 lb
217 lb
214 lb
211 lb
208 lb
205 lb

Every time I hit my next weight goal I have a carb up day. The carb up day is 300-350 grams of carbs and it does not matter if the carbs are from complex sources or simple sources cause you are way depleted anyway, you will burn it all regardless.

Now notice how the first interval is 6lb and the last one is only 3 lb, well that is because at the beginning you lose lots of weight fast and then as you approach less bodyfat your weight lost slow down. weigh yourself on empty stomach first thing in the morning

ukjeff

« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
Why do you have a carb day?

Hey, maybe its the carbs on the carb day that makes the diet work   ;)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2013, 01:04:38 PM »

;)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2013, 01:06:57 PM »
So if Groink agrees then out of pure curiosity, what does Groink eat all day long?

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »
Obviously never been hypoglycaemic.

All these fuckin cry baby diabetics, fuck the insulin,all they need is some willpower.

Well diabetics actually suffer from the opposite of hypoglycaemia - "hyperglycaemia" they only go hypo if they take too much insulin

You probably never gave your body enough time to adapt because I'm certain low carb diets are renowned for stopping blood sugar levels from yo-yoing which a common cause of going hypo. Did you ever actually measure your blood sugar to see how low it was? or was it just the feeling?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »
so, is this diet viable for people who don't care about getting into "contest condition" but just maintaining high singles bf year round?

???

if so, please show a sample of ACTUAL meals that you could eat year round.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2013, 01:31:13 PM »
So if Groink agrees then out of pure curiosity, what does Groink eat all day long?

I'm on Tren ace, and i eat clean. i don't have a specific diet......i use common sense and I probably eat less than 2500 calories a day on average at a BW of 230.... keeps me around 8%...

and i have no aspirations of getting any leaner, I like the way I look...100% satisfied.

If i wanted to put the hammer down and get to contest levels, i would use OTH method for the simple reason that it's simple. I can't be bothered measuring out carb/fat/protien ratios , reading nutrition labels and worrying about what i'm gonna eat all day and if it's "ok for my diet"....fuck that.

Simplicity for the win.

ukjeff

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
if so, please show a sample of ACTUAL meals that you could eat year round.

Im looking forward to that to, he's already stated that you cant eat enough protein not to lose weight as its impossible, I think he's going to have 250lb guys on around 2300 cals a day.

Well diabetics actually suffer from the opposite of hypoglycaemia - "hyperglycaemia" they only go hypo if they take too much insulin
They suffer from both, a 5 second Google search would have shown you that.
PS
Hyper = high
Hypo= low.
I know a guy who is diabetic and if he gets his carbs too low he can go into a coma.

ukjeff

« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2013, 01:33:18 PM »
I can't be bothered measuring out carb/fat/protien ratios , reading nutrition labels and worrying about what i'm gonna eat all day and if it's "ok for my diet"....fuck that.
You dont have to, just measure it out once and then eat the same everyday.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2013, 01:35:50 PM »
I'm on Tren ace, and i eat clean. i don't have a specific diet......i use common sense and I probably eat less than 2500 calories a day on average at a BW of 230.... keeps me around 8%...

and i have no aspirations of getting any leaner, I like the way I look...100% satisfied.

If i wanted to put the hammer down and get to contest levels, i would use OTH method for the simple reason that it's simple. I can't be bothered measuring out carb/fat/protien ratios , reading nutrition labels and worrying about what i'm gonna eat all day and if it's "ok for my diet"....fuck that.

Simplicity for the win.
This was my whole agenda right there, what you wrote, keep it simple, No counting, no figuring out macro BS, no second guessing anything just get shredded without losing muscle, DONE.

ukjeff

« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »
This was my whole agenda right there, what you wrote, keep it simple, No counting, no figuring out macro BS, no second guessing anything just get shredded without losing muscle, DONE.
Which you can do and still eat carbs

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2013, 01:38:16 PM »
Some people actually enjoy reading OTH.

Wiggs, you are a fat fuck STFU.

ukjeff, open your own thread and help people there using your methods. You aren't contributing to this thread dumbass you're being annoying.

Just my 2 cents

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2013, 01:39:46 PM »

ukjeff, open your own thread and help people there using your methods. You aren't contributing to this thread dumbass you're being annoying.

Just my 2 cents
Thank you brother, my intentions are good, this guy has a bruised ego for some reason.

ukjeff

« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »
Me included
Couldnt comment
I dont want to start a thread about basic dieting, its below the members here.
Just my 2 cents
Just mine as well.