Author Topic: How to get contest shredded for anyone - discussion  (Read 142788 times)

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: Fu.... the experts, non-sense. Get shredded, instructions on a paper napkin
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2013, 07:15:21 PM »
:o

great post!

can you use the same spices on chicken?  i'm not a big user of pork loin.

Absolutely. I use that spice rub on chicken a lot.

Here's another one I use on chicken that tastes really good (I cook the same way...in the tinfoil with veggies...but you have to cook to a bit higher internal heat with chicken, of course):

A bit of mustard so the spices make a paste
Cumin
Chili powder
cayenne pepper
pepper
salt
tumeric
coriander seeds

I rub the spice on the chicken, add to my tinfoil with onions, carrots, peppers and sometimes broccoli. Delicious. And the tinfoil catches the juice from the chicken, which makes a nice sauce on the veggies.

I also do this one for flank steak, when you're allowed to have some calories from the fat in the steak:

In a ziploc bag, add a big flank steak (trust me...flanks works perfect here), some garlic, some ginger, some soy sauce, a tiny bit of sesame oil (just a bit adds the taste you need) and a bit of orange juice. Let the steak marinate for a few hours.

Then, take the steak out, and put on a fucking killer hot bbq grill on direct heat. 5 minutes, the flip. 4 minutes on the other side, then kill the heat, let the lid stay closed for 3 minutes, then pull it off the grill. Let the meat sit for about 5 mins. Then, take a very sharp knife and just cut very thin slices. You will think you died and went to heaven...it's ridiculously good. When I'm allowing myself a bit of naughty food, I take the marinade that's left over, and put it in a pot and boil the living hell out of it until it reduces to a thick sauce. Then, you spoon a tiny bit of it (not too much...very powerful flavor and it can overpower the good steak you bought) on the meat. You will thank me when you try this. A fellow bb'er passed this recipe along to me, and I'm just paying it forward. I love it. Problem is finding flank steak (not a popular cut in the meat section, so you to go to  the counter and I often forget). And then when you go the counter, you're not getting it cheap. It's about 9-10 bucks/lb, give or take. So it can be a special occasion thing. You can feed this to a vegetarian and they will thank you.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2013, 07:16:51 PM »
buy another pan...LOL, your oven can fit two.

;D

good point

gal, what spices do you use for your chicken?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »
wow, i love when i get such compliment from women, this always means in real life terms that they want to choke on the sausage.

i dont know the english term, its all german names in the shop here, but i simply buy the whole lot thats available.

yes, one piece of every spice out of the whole shelve.

LOL great strategy... also thanks for the recipes SNX.

I never really spiced my foods much unless I was making something from a recipe, and in that case i'm just mindlessly following instructions.  So, I have a lot to learn in that regard.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
Hey you guys won't believe this but this is the bomb; Take 10 hard boiled eggs and montreal steak spice, swear you will love it, some green peppers on the side with sugar free tang, BOMB bro.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »
wow, i love when i get such compliment from women, this always means in real life terms that they want to choke on the sausage.

i dont know the english term, its all german names in the shop here, but i simply buy the whole lot thats available.

yes, one piece of every spice out of the whole shelve.

I legit LOLed  ;D. and you are soooooo right it's not even funny.  ;)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2013, 08:30:24 PM »
comeon, he has striated glutes and look at the arms details in rear double biceps.

the brachialis is like about to pop out.

here is a guy who also does  low carb dieting.

maybe this is impressive enough for you:

perfect physique and i mean perfect.

For the haters, screw off, honestly oth has given good advices.

I kind of figured out myself as well that eating a certain amount of protein daily and upping or lowering carbs based on goals is what needs to be done... i just took his encouragement to throw in cardio, and lower my carbs further. I've played around and listened to his advices and with effort come results!

I am looking better all the time, i am tall so i dont want to lose more mass so ive switched from a cut to a recomp, but i will switch back and forth from recomp cut recomp cut (alternating carbs) until i get to my bulk.

I'm looking better all the time and oth's advices are good to go. Others tell me I am getting better looking too. I barely lost strength considering i'm 13lbs lighter now. Once I get into a bulk i'll be stronger than I ever was, its all worth it.

Without some suffering no one can get the results, thats why ppl 'give up'. I am not a giver upper.

:)

I keep my nutrition simple without any actually calculating EXCEPT measuring out the meat and rice in grams. I keep my chicken breast grilled 1kg every day. The brown rice each meal i alternate, but now i dont go beyond 150g, at most 100g, and if i feel no need i even dont eat the brown rice just always eat the salad/veggies.

I also try to always shuvel the carbs pre and intra workout. Seems to work best.

I am continuing to lean and am gradually putting quality mass on.

OTH is a busy guy so he's not watching me step by step or advising me step by step, but whatever he's outlined in this thread he gave to me as well and its great info.

ukjeff

« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2013, 10:44:40 PM »
so tell, how near to that do you stay year round with your carb intake?
I am 47 now so I am not as strict with my diet, back then I basically ate what I wanted and didn't go more than 10lbs over my show weight, carbs and all, I just kept an eye on the mirror and if I started smoothing out I cut back a bit.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: January 13, 2013, 11:47:07 PM »
i ate prob 8 oz chicken with the cayenne/chili/tumeric etc. seasoning snx posted, plus 1 lb frozen vegetables as galeniko suggested.  i felt like i was eating for an eternity but them felt hungry a half hour later.  i'm holding out tho, and the hunger is going away a bit.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2013, 02:15:37 AM »
OP reliving memories of the One Time he got Hard for a contest

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2013, 05:36:24 AM »
i ate prob 8 oz chicken with the cayenne/chili/tumeric etc. seasoning snx posted, plus 1 lb frozen vegetables as galeniko suggested.  i felt like i was eating for an eternity but them felt hungry a half hour later.  i'm holding out tho, and the hunger is going away a bit.

How was the taste? Grill it up in the tinfoil wrapped tray?

Forgot to give you an extra secret for the sauce, if you want.

Capture the drippings from the foil boat, and put them in a pot. Then, mix a teaspoon of corn starch with about 1/8 cup of water. Mix it up good, then add to the pot (very important not to add the corn starch directly to the boiling pot...you'll just get lumps of corn starch). Heat it up to a gentle boil. The sauce will thicken up nice, and you'll have a poor man's curry sauce. Again...if you're just starting, you probably don't need fancy sauces. But as the diet drags on, it can provide a tiny bit of relief. 1 tsp of corn starch has 5g of carbs, give or take. But if you grill up enough chicken, it should make enough sauce for 2-3 meals, so negligible carbs. You'll burn them off breathing as you eat your meals!

Again, it's the little things.

Diet is about two things, in my mind: pain, and consistency. The longer you can deal with the hunger pangs and be consistent, the faster you get to your goal. If a bit of guilt-free sauce is the difference between cheating or not cheating, it's worth it in my mind. We all have our breaking point. You know yours, so pull the trigger when you need it. But try to save if for when you're desperate, so you feel like you're treating yourself. That's always a welcome relief from the hunger demons.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2013, 06:13:11 AM »
i do it cheap way, using deep frozen veggies 2lbs a pack.cooked with nothing i just put them into the pan frozen, then some pepper and salt and the meat that i previously cooked.annd 10minutes later,the meal is done and frankly, it tastes much better than many meals at the chinese restaraunt.

i prepare about 6lbs meat every couple days, and kkeep it in fridge and just warm it up with the frozen veggies.

when im in a hurry i just have a can of green beans with couple chicken breasts and pepper on it.

its really not as bad as ppl think, i look forward to my meals.

sometimes i put yoghurt on them or cottage cheese.
samo to you brother 8)

Same here pretty much. Exactly same approach.

BTW OTS - is adding some AI to 50mg prop eod (I hammer tren, planning to go up to 150mg eod) an overkill? Carbs are low, water intake is fine but I still tend to get bloated in the face and stomach. I am way leaner than this, after spending whole night partying (no alcohol or food, just moving around a lot) I woke up like 10% leaner than I am right now.

I hold like 1-2kg of extra water (compared to natural, not dehydrated).

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2013, 06:24:57 AM »
Same here pretty much. Exactly same approach.

BTW OTS - is adding some AI to 50mg prop eod (I hammer tren, planning to go up to 150mg eod) an overkill? Carbs are low, water intake is fine but I still tend to get bloated in the face and stomach. I am way leaner than this, after spending whole night partying (no alcohol or food, just moving around a lot) I woke up like 10% leaner than I am right now.

I hold like 1-2kg of extra water (compared to natural, not dehydrated).

I know this isn't a popular choice, but I found the most effective AI for me was Cytadren. That shit was crazy effective at killing water. My two cents...take about 250 to 500mgs/day for last three weeks before the show, and it's like magic. I can cruise into the show on A-bombs and sustanon and wipe out tons of water with it (I did this once when my source dried up and I had to use what I had on hand). A diazide every hour for the last 24 hrs before the show, and the water is gone.

Just one guys experience on what worked. Most guys don't use Cytadren, from what I've heard.

I don't get up into that 2g/day range where guys are trying to kill cortisol though. That's a whole different ballgame.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2013, 08:53:41 AM »
One tip I give a lot of people is cook all meals for the day at once.

As far as chicken is concerned, I get it grilled (electric grill like a foreman that drips oil/fat down). I use LOTS of cayenne/hot pepper so even if its cold it tastes 'hot' haha... So I divide 250g per two skewers, so for 4 whole meals, that's 1kg of lean chicken breast on skewers. Get em in containers. Takes about half an hour for cutting, marinating, grilling.

For carbs, I steam cook brown rice with garlic and some other stuff, takes only half an hour. I then measure out in containers my intended brown rice in grams. So now a days 150g per meal cooked brown rice.

Veggies, just stack a box full of sliced and diced parcley, tomatoes, onion, and a few other things and mix with vinegar.

The brown rice i was going up to 300g per meal when i was in bulk mode... but i will go now even without any or down to 100g. I started at 300, then 250, then 200 for some time as per OTH telling me to drop them carbs. I am averaging at 150 and 100 per meal now.

Anyways this is the only 'calculating' i do.. so i know i get same amount of meat every day and just up or down the carbs. I never look for calories anymore as I used to (too damn complicated and time consumming). I just kind of found a 'zone' where i know what i need.

Super easy to maintain, super easy to make, etc... etc...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2013, 09:31:40 AM »
nice thread again,,i pretty much do what is said here day in and out,,,,lot of salad,veggies,, carbs are rice/oats...couple slices good grain bread and lots of good protein,,2 shakes or protein mixed with oats or cereal and then some whey mixed with greek yogurt,,if i was cutting real har i would cut back or reduce some of the additional carbs or milk product,,,

ukjeff

« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2013, 10:30:03 AM »
I get it grilled (electric grill like a foreman that drips oil/fat down)
I used to use a George foreman grill, I didnt lose any weight, I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2013, 11:08:47 AM »
I have been around bro, been getting people to contest shape forever and many have challenged this and they come back and say, "you know your right after 3lb of chicken breast I was ready to throw up. Your body can not and will not allow this much.

What happens if you eat to much protein you will have the runs. Think about it, 3 pounds of chicken breast is a measly 1300 calories. Eat 5 lb and it will not be absorbed, will come out the other end, it is impossible to over eat in calories on protein only.

Haha, seems everything gives you the runs.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »
I doubt he was even truly hungry.  The stimilus around is what makes you hungry.  I can eat a big meal and then see a commercial of some juicy burger or pizza then be "hungry"  but it is not hunger. Just cravings.  Usually a little dip or a cup of coffee kills this.

just hold through,man.up the chicken to 15 oz at once, do away with the so and so much protein per meal. 8)

up the frozen vegies amount if needed, but the above meal every couple hours will do.

the hunger after a while, kill it with diet coke or water, or having a walk.itll go away after 30 minutes or so.

if you can manage to be hunrgy for an hour before every meal, youre set.

you know, even eating before hungry will cause fatloss at 10% for me, but waiting will do it faster.

you will feel bit bad for 2-3 days and then sudenly everything will be fine.

you might feel a bit flat at times, but thats part of it.its werid, the leaner i get the less flat i feel.
the bit additional propionate is very good imo.

ai's i never take, thats why i get random watwer retention at times, which comes and goes randomly, but i dont mind that. 8)

i will try letrozole one day, just bc its the strongest one on paper, gotta try that out 8)

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2013, 11:24:16 AM »
I spent the better part of my lifting years as a natural "perma-bulker" reaching a bloated 20%BF 270lbs at my heaviest. I am 45 years old now with different priorities and I eat very little , take steroids, lift lighter but more volume and frequency and I am a very fit , muscular 200 lbs. I get comments from women all the time now, when I was bigger I got comments from guys. I look good in clothes now where as before I looked "beefy" at best when clothed LOL. Naked? No contest roids+starvation= amazing.....In the interest of full disclosure My goals do not most likely reflect most other getbiggers...

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2013, 02:26:05 PM »

Still ripped

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2013, 02:29:49 PM »

Still ripped

Genetically a very lean, dry person swimming in tren and GH. he probably started out leaner than most people can get.

lucky bastard  ;D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2013, 02:55:27 PM »
  Yep  ;D

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2013, 05:12:50 PM »
galeniko is that you though? I know you posted the pic but you're refering to the guy in the third person lol. Hard to tell your face from the avatar side pic. It APPEARS similar build, and appears similar older grey hair haha

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #322 on: January 14, 2013, 08:25:13 PM »
galeniko is that you though? I know you posted the pic but you're refering to the guy in the third person lol. Hard to tell your face from the avatar side pic. It APPEARS similar build, and appears similar older grey hair haha
Actually I can see galeniko looking like that guy if he went ALL OUT. Welcome to the thread Ahmed, you are a proven warrior when it comes to dieting.

So UKjeff and Wiggs played Devils advocate and brought up some valid points and we had some fun debating  ;) .... have come to good terms in this thread, UKjeff has an awesome physique BTW,.............

So the only 2 losers in this entire thread are TA and BikiniSlut, everyone else loves this thread, thanks, will put everything together on the first page tomorrow, also may put some optional juice protocols (mild ones of course) but not sure if this would be inapropriate in this thread, do not want the thread removed, so will skip this if that is the case.

Also will come with more meal plans for cephissus, you know we got your back bro  8)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2013, 08:36:28 PM »
Actually I can see galeniko looking like that guy if he went ALL OUT. Welcome to the thread Ahmed, you are a proven warrior when it comes to dieting.

So UKjeff and Wiggs played Devils advocate and brought up some valid points and we had some fun debating  ;) .... have come to good terms in this thread, UKjeff has an awesome physique BTW,.............

So the only 2 losers in this entire thread are TA and BikiniSlut, everyone else loves this thread, thanks, will put everything together on the first page tomorrow, also may put some optional juice protocols (mild ones of course) but not sure if this would be inapropriate in this thread, do not want the thread removed, so will skip this if that is the case.

Also will come with more meal plans for cephissus, you know we got your back bro  8)

I never said anyting about not liking this thread. Why do you make up lies? Does it make yourself feel better by putting others down?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #324 on: January 14, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
I never said anyting about not liking this thread. Why do you make up lies? Does it make yourself feel better by putting others down?
You said this thread is stupid so stop lying, I don't make up anything, I am very honest but hey now that I got your attention I been meaning to ask you what city you are from in Ontario or are you from Quebec?