Author Topic: How to get contest shredded for anyone - discussion  (Read 142801 times)

booty

• Getbig V
Re: Fu.... the experts, non-sense. Get shredded, instructions on a paper napkin
« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2013, 08:53:28 PM »
It's always good to have debates and different opinions on what works for people.  Personally I like the carb cycling.  I have tried having no carbs and all it did was lower my metabolic rate to the point where I wasn't dropping bodyfat.  When I did the carb cycling I lost an extra 5 kilos in bodyfat and people were asking what I was doing differently because I looked alot better. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »
It's always good to have debates and different opinions on what works for people.  Personally I like the carb cycling.  I have tried having no carbs and all it did was lower my metabolic rate to the point where I wasn't dropping bodyfat.  When I did the carb cycling I lost an extra 5 kilos in bodyfat and people were asking what I was doing differently because I looked alot better. 
I understand your point but I must point out a flaw in your post, you said your metabolism slowed down to the point where you were not losing bodyfat on no carbs, this is 100% impossible if you have your fats capped at 40 grams max per day. That is the beauty of a no carb diet while your fat macros are capped off at 40 there is NO SUCH THING AS A PLATEAU, IT SIMPLY IS NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE TO PLATEAU.

Put it this way, you can have the slowest metabolism in the world and still lose bodyfat on no carbs, in fact metabolism is absolutely irrelevant on a no carb diet assuming your fat content is limited.

Now having said that if true that you did not burn any more fat it was because your fat intake was to high not because your metabolism slowed down.

If you want a further explanation, I will if you do not understand what I am saying about "metabolism"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »
Eat less, exercise more.

/thread

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »
You said this thread is stupid so stop lying, I don't make up anything, I am very honest but hey now that I got your attention I been meaning to ask you what city you are from in Ontario or are you from Quebec?

Again never said this thread was stupid. Is there stupidity in the thread????? Oh yes....and lots of it coming from you.

You post common sense but yet try to take credit for it like you are the person that came up with the very idea of it. Many ways to get lean quickly my friend.

I'm from Alberta.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #329 on: January 14, 2013, 09:44:55 PM »
Again never said this thread was stupid. Is there stupidity in the thread????? Oh yes....and lots of it coming from you.

You post common sense but yet try to take credit for it like you are the person that came up with the very idea of it. Many ways to get lean quickly my friend.

I'm from Alberta.
What exactly have I said that you find stupid? and only an idiot would believe that they came up with concepts, I would never take credit for coming up with this shit. People have been doing this for years, long before I was around.

I said a million times there are plenty of ways to skin a cat but this is the absolutely fastest way to lose fat while maintaining your muscle, this can not be argued with. You said you can lose 50 lb too by puking OK fine I believe you but you will also lose so much muscle. The method I outlined is the fastest way without losing muscle.

If you think there is a faster way, let's hear it right here right now and let's see if our audience will agree with you the way that everyone on this thread has agreed with me EXCEPT FOR YOU AND TA. Look I am not out here to argue, you are challenging me so bring your formulas and stop talking baloney we want something that will produce results, let us hear what you have to say, if not ZIP IT, SIMPLE AS THAT.

And I would not point fingers at people putting people down, you are king (or queen in this case) at this. You are always dissing people around. At least I can thank you for answering where you are from though,  I enjoy having fellow Canadians on getbig, for some reason I thought you were from Ontario, my bad.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2013, 10:15:08 PM »
I understand your point but I must point out a flaw in your post, you said your metabolism slowed down to the point where you were not losing bodyfat on no carbs, this is 100% impossible if you have your fats capped at 40 grams max per day. That is the beauty of a no carb diet while your fat macros are capped off at 40 there is NO SUCH THING AS A PLATEAU, IT SIMPLY IS NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE TO PLATEAU.

Put it this way, you can have the slowest metabolism in the world and still lose bodyfat on no carbs, in fact metabolism is absolutely irrelevant on a no carb diet assuming your fat content is limited.

Now having said that if true that you did not burn any more fat it was because your fat intake was to high not because your metabolism slowed down.

If you want a further explanation, I will if you do not understand what I am saying about "metabolism"
I was basically starving myself on the no carb diet and my metabolic rate had come to a complete halt.  I wasn't eating too many fats, in fact they were on the low side.  I competed as a natty and wasn't taking caffeine or fat burners.  I like flaxseed oil and fats in salmon etc but I wouldn't want to consume a high fat diet.  I do like carb cycling and I found it really sped my metabolic rate up and worked for me. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2013, 10:16:18 PM »
I was basically starving myself on the no carb diet and my metabolic rate had come to a complete halt.  I wasn't eating too many fats, in fact they were on the low side.  I competed as a natty and wasn't taking caffeine or fat burners.  I like flaxseed oil and fats in salmon etc but I wouldn't want to consume a high fat diet.  I do like carb cycling and I found it really sped my metabolic rate up and worked for me. 

Lets cook for each other?  I can make amazing Italian food for you. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2013, 10:21:04 PM »
Lets cook for each other?  I can make amazing Italian food for you. 

Italian food suits my body as well.  I always look and feel good on Italian food. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:26 PM »
Italian food suits my body as well.  I always look and feel good on Italian food. 

Eggplant Parmigiano, with  Lambrusco?

It's a date  :D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »
Eggplant Parmigiano, with  Lambrusco?

It's a date  :D
Maybe have the date with BikiniSlut instead. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2013, 10:37:43 PM »
Yes but what I am saying is metabolic rate has nothing to do with it. Let me explain why.

Your body has 2 sources of fuel; carbs (glycogen) or bodyfat

If you have a fast metabolism you will burn the carbs up so fast and once you run out of carbs to burn up you will start burning your bodyfat

If you have a slow metabolism you will burn the carbs slow so you may never reach the point where you will burn bodyfat cause you are burning carbs so slow. So you may never lose bodyfat at all with a slow metabolism.

So the metabolism dictates the paste at which carbs are burned only, nothing more.

So if there are ZERO carbs to begin with it does not matter if your metabolism is fast or slow, non of that matters cause NO MATTER what your body will go into burning bodyfat for fuel since no carbs are coming in.

You following this so far;

So if your metabolism comes to a complete hault you will still burn bodyfat because that is the only fuel you have to burn. Your body has no other option, it has to burn bodyfat there is no way around this.

You following this ? good;

hence it is a physically impossiblilty to NOT burn fat when you have no carbs.

PLATEUAS ARE IMPOSSIBLE ON NO CARBS AS LONG AS THE FAT MACROSa IS CAPPED OFF, so you are not assessing the situation properly as your conclusions do not make sense scientifically.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2013, 10:46:32 PM »
Yes but what I am saying is metabolic rate has nothing to do with it. Let me explain why.

Your body has 2 sources of fuel; carbs (glycogen) or bodyfat

If you have a fast metabolism you will burn the carbs up so fast and once you run out of carbs to burn up you will start burning your bodyfat

If you have a slow metabolism you will burn the carbs slow so you may never reach the point where you will burn bodyfat cause you are burning carbs so slow. So you may never lose bodyfat at all with a slow metabolism.

So the metabolism dictates the paste at which carbs are burned only, nothing more.

So if there are ZERO carbs to begin with it does not matter if your metabolism is fast or slow, non of that matters cause NO MATTER what your body will go into burning bodyfat for fuel since no carbs are coming in.

You following this so far;

So if your metabolism comes to a complete hault you will still burn bodyfat because that is the only fuel you have to burn. Your body has no other option, it has to burn bodyfat there is no way around this.

You following this ? good;

hence it is a physically impossiblilty to NOT burn fat when you have no carbs.

PLATEUAS ARE IMPOSSIBLE ON NO CARBS AS LONG AS THE FAT MACROSa IS CAPPED OFF, so you are not assessing the situation properly as your conclusions do not make sense scientifically.
In theory it sounds great but I just know that for me, my body did stop burning bodyfat and I never felt worse in my entire life.  When I introduced clean carbs based on a 3 day rotational diet my body began burning bodyfat again.  I remember the first week was only 300 grams that I lost but then it picked up and my metabolic rate was very fast. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: January 14, 2013, 10:47:12 PM »
Maybe have the date with BikiniSlut instead. 

She's not my type, I guess I'll just hang out with my friend Butterbean again...  :P

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #338 on: January 14, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »
In theory it sounds great but I just know that for me, my body did stop burning bodyfat and I never felt worse in my entire life.  When I introduced clean carbs based on a 3 day rotational diet my body began burning bodyfat again.  I remember the first week was only 300 grams that I lost but then it picked up and my metabolic rate was very fast. 
If it stopped burning fat, how did you move, I mean movement require something to burn, right? and no carbs are coming in and you are not burning fat then what were you burning when;...

..... you moved around? what did you burn when you worked out? what did you burned when you slept? what did you burn when you  drove, watched tv, cooked, went to the washroom, what?

You did not burn carbs cause you did not eat any, you did not burn bodyfat so you say, hmmmmm I was not aware you can burn oxygen molicules for fuel.

Booty there is no way around this you were eating fat and was not aware of it, the choices of meat probably had fat or you were eating carbs and were not aware of it, something was happening but not what you say cause that is not even a possiblity for the reasons I explained above, think about it.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: January 14, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »
If it stopped burning fat, how did you move, I mean movement require something to burn, right? and no carbs are coming in and you are not burning fat then what were you burning when;...

..... you moved around? what did you burn when you worked out? what did you burned when you slept? what did you burn when you  drove, watched tv, cooked, went to the washroom, what?

You did not burn carbs cause you did not eat any, you did not burn bodyfat so you say, hmmmmm I was not aware you can burn oxygen molicules for fuel.

Booty there is no way around this you were eating fat and was not aware of it, the choices of meat probably had fat or you were eating carbs and were not aware of it, something was happening but not what you say cause that is not even a possiblity for the reasons I explained above, think about it.
My body was holding onto fat for dear life because it thought I was starving it.  I wasn't eating much fat as I don't eat any red meats and so I consumed flaxseed oil, grilled chicken breast (fat in that) boiled egg whites (yolk removed) and I ate steamed fish such as red throat emperor,salmon and coral trout.  I didn't add any fats to my cooking.  
All I know is that I wasn't burning bodyfat, I was just staying the weight that I was and it was frustrating as hell.  I probably made the mistake of reducing my calories lower and lower and I was barely eating anything.  I was low on energy, dizzy all the time and experiencing mood flutuations.  A few times I almost fell over in the gym from the dizzy spells.  I might have even drove through a couple of red lights too.  So I wasn't functioning well on that diet.  

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #340 on: January 14, 2013, 11:19:13 PM »
My body was holding onto fat for dear life because it thought I was starving it.  I wasn't eating much fat as I don't eat any red meats and so I consumed flaxseed oil, grilled chicken breast (fat in that) boiled egg whites (yolk removed) and I ate steamed fish such as red throat emperor,salmon and coral trout.  I didn't add any fats to my cooking.  
All I know is that I wasn't burning bodyfat, I was just staying the weight that I was and it was frustrating as hell.  I probably made the mistake of reducing my calories lower and lower and I was barely eating anything.  I was low on energy, dizzy all the time and experiencing mood flutuations.  A few times I almost fell over in the gym from the dizzy spells.  I might have even drove through a couple of red lights too.  So I wasn't functioning well on that diet.  
OK then my question remains if you were not burning fat what were you burning everytime you moved an inch.

Movement = burning something, what was it that you were burning?

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: January 14, 2013, 11:26:02 PM »
OK then my question remains if you were not burning fat what were you burning everytime you moved an inch.

Movement = burning something, what was it that you were burning?
The body is designed to slow its metabolic rate in times of starvation...goes back to the cave man days when there was famines etc.  I wasn't burning anything...well not according to the scale or the mirror. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #342 on: January 14, 2013, 11:36:38 PM »
The body is designed to slow its metabolic rate in times of starvation...goes back to the cave man days when there was famines etc.  I wasn't burning anything...well not according to the scale or the mirror. 
Movement = burning something, sorry booty I like you and you know I am not trying to pick on you, I swear, but I am just trying to clarify things cause you can not just say "you were not burning anything" or else you would not be able to move as movement is the result of burning something. If you were moving you were burning something, you still are not following me.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: January 14, 2013, 11:43:20 PM »
If we must be technical here......if we are alive we are ALWAYS burning something.  8) Isn't that what you're getting at Onetime??? ;)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #344 on: January 14, 2013, 11:44:13 PM »
If we must be technical here......if we are alive we are ALWAYS burning something.  8) Isn't that what you're getting at Onetime??? ;)
YES

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #345 on: January 14, 2013, 11:47:56 PM »
Look BS I really do not want to feud with you as it waste way to much of my time and gets in the way of me helping people so I am willing to apologize for being an asshole, as I freely admit but please answer me what you thought was stupid about this thread since you posted that right off the bat.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: January 14, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »
Look BS I really do not want to feud with you as it waste way to much of my time and gets in the way of me helping people so I am willing to apologize for being an asshole, as I freely admit but please answer me what you thought was stupid about this thread since you posted that right off the bat.

You being a "know it all" about something that is "common sense" within the bodybuilding community to start.  :D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: January 15, 2013, 12:00:11 AM »

She's a troll, she's actually my gimmick account.  Sorry friend  :)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #348 on: January 15, 2013, 12:12:41 AM »
She's a troll, she's actually my gimmick account.  Sorry friend  :)
lol

You being a "know it all" about something that is "common sense" within the bodybuilding community to start.  :D
Thanks for the fair response.

How is this common sense when I get 5 PM's a day asking for dieting advise. Please explain this to me, people are benefitting from this info as we speak so how is it common sense, trust me so many do not know how simple it is and so many do not know what you know or what I know, they simply do not.

See what you fail to understand and what you do not see or take into account is that the purpose of this thread is not for me to show anyone I know something, I can care less about that. The purpose of this thread is so people around here get shredded for spring and or summer and for people to look their best.

I get pm`s all the time asking me to start I diet thread and I told everyone I would in January as this is the month that everyone is fired up and motivated to diet. Look around I do not start threads randomly to stroke my ego, I thought and planed this thread a while ago and will help anyone. I will include a lot more to this thread as well.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: January 15, 2013, 12:21:04 AM »
lol
Thanks for the fair response.

How is this common sense when I get 5 PM's a day asking for dieting advise. Please explain this to me, people are benefitting from this info as we speak so how is it common sense, trust me so many do not know how simple it is and so many do not know what you know or what I know, they simply do not.

::) The purpose of this thread is so people around here get shredded for spring and or summer and for people to look their best.

I get pm`s all the time asking me to start I diet thread ::) and I told everyone I would in January as this is the month that everyone is fired up and motivated to diet. Look around I do not start threads randomly to stroke my ego, I thought and planed this thread a while ago and will help anyone. I will include a lot more to this thread as well.

Holy fuck when did you go all GH15 on us???????