Author Topic: How to get contest shredded for anyone - discussion  (Read 142227 times)

ukjeff

you are natural in that pic? lol
Of course, Ive been training the best part of 27 years.

bigmc

• Getbig V
yes, some random jeff can do that, while hamdulah, arguably some of the best genetics, cant

jeff is a great natural athlete and a credit to the sport

why would he lie about taking gear

when its clear you can stay big and ripped at 46 on creatine and no2 supps
T

ukjeff

Who said anything about maintaining?
I dieted for 20 weeks to get in shape for that photo, I said Im around 30lbs over that now.
You guys seem to think that literally nothing can be achieved without supplements.
Whats so unbelievable about my photo?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
nothing, I just train to stay in shape and it makes me feel good, I also have a chronic back injury that goes worse if I don't train.

Yeah, sure you don't use.  ::)

8)

ukjeff

Yeah, sure you don't use
Thanks for the compliment

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Thanks for the compliment

You look great, but you aren't fooling anyone.

No reason to argue about it though, it's all good.

8)

ukjeff

Why would I have to lie?
I used when I competed, then again you wouldn't believe what I took back then so theres no point saying.

bigmc

• Getbig V
jeff proves that age is no barrier to staying big and ripped

jeff laughs in the face of his critics as he pounds a cold filtered whey protein shake right in the middle of the anabolic window

after a brutal workout jeff leaves the gym smiling

jeff has found the secret to lookig great folks hard work and a high protein diet

all hail jeff the king of natural bodybuilding

T

ukjeff

jeff proves that age is no barrier to staying big and ripped
Im not big and ripped
jeff laughs in the face of his critics as he pounds a cold filtered whey protein shake right in the middle of the anabolic window
Anabolic window...lol what a load of shite.
after a brutal workout jeff leaves the gym smiling

moderate poundages 12-20 reps always leaves you smiling
jeff has found the secret to lookig great folks hard work and a high protein diet
High protein diet? lol..have you been reading my posts?
all hail jeff the king of natural bodybuilding
Far better natural athletes around than me mate, Im just a middle aged plodder.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Im not big and rippedAnabolic window...lol what a load of shite.
moderate poundages 12-20 reps always leaves you smilingHigh protein diet? lol..have you been reading my posts?Far better natural athletes around than me mate, Im just a middle aged plodder.

see how jeff the king of natural bodybuilding is modest about his herculean physique

despite defying the laws of nature

jeff refuses to boast about his amazing ability to cheat genetic limits through hard work alone

jeff the inspiration jeff the champion jeff the new king of get big
T

ukjeff

You might surprise yourself if you tried to eat right and train consistently over 27 years rather than going crazy with half-baked scientifically unfounded diets and huge dosages of supplements and stimulants.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Of course, Ive been training the best part of 27 years.
I have been training for only 20, yet I can spot a liar from a mile away. In a short while I will post pics ripped without hormones or burners at 37. So people can see what is left muscle wise at 5'11 1/2" when 6%. I have this unbelievable alergy to bullshitters "ukjeff".  ;)

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
i dont know if you wrote it, but what is your guide for a natural to get "shredded" ei: what type of diet and training/cardio regieme do you recommend for a natural athlete ?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
restricting carbs just leads to over eating and rebound sooner or later.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i dont know if you wrote it, but what is your guide for a natural to get "shredded" ei: what type of diet and training/cardio regieme do you recommend for a natural athlete ?
Dunno if you asked me .. but my training is 6 days a week 1 hour, one day 40 min fullbody circuit training with 20 min cardio and the next dai 1 hour tae bo. Thats all.

I eat twice a day 500 g lean meats (raw salmon and filet mignon) with bitter green leafy veggies.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I stay away from carbs .. it's like rubbing your cock against a hot woman's pussy but trying to leave it at that.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
Re: Fu.... the experts, non-sense. Get shredded, instructions on a paper napkin
« Reply #716 on: January 23, 2013, 03:00:33 AM »
explain

Mentzer confused theoretical, deductive reasoning with empirically derived facts. As far as I remember, he went from his premises to conclusions in a way that looked like "scientific reasoning", but he ignored the possibility that the premises could be wrong. Only empirical trials can tell the ultimate truth.

In medical science, you also see a lot of this. An example is the reasoning behind the use of antioxidants, such as vitamin E. In many types of disease, there is an etiology that involves oxidative stress (eg. in neurodegenerative diseases such as ALS or Parkinson's disease). Hence, the reasoning was that antioxidants should protect against these diseases.

Unfortunately, empirical studies have failed to show clear effects "in vivo". There are several "in vitro" studies that are promising, for vitamin E and plant-derived substances. However, in vivo, the evidence is sketchy. The point is, the premises may be wrong. It is not a logical necessity that taking antioxidants orally will benefit cells in the body that suffer from excessive oxidative stress, nor is it clear that oxidative stress in itself is causally related to the disease process.

If you read Mentzer, you'll se lot of similar error. If you want, I can find quotes and examples, but to me, the main error is his assumption that "one set to failure" is sufficient to induce optimal hypertrophy. This is starting to be disproved in trained subjects. It is also more complicated, as hypertrophy is not due to one single physiological process. For example, a recent finding is that training a muscle that is in a hypoxic/anoxic state, induces hypertrophy. Here is an example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23166781

This contradict Mentzer, in that metabolic stress is one mechanism by which hypertrophy is induced: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23338987. One rep to failure may not induce optimal metabolic stress. This may be complicated by whether there is constant tension, number of reps etc. And IF one trains with multiple sets, duration of pauses may influence growth.

To me, Mentzers premise appears to be that there is a single dimension, called "intensity", that can be called "the stimulus", and given that one reaches 100% intensity in the shortest possible time, optimal growth will be induced. This is clearly simplistic and not backed up by research, although it may be valid for beginning trainers.

NN

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Who said anything about maintaining?
I dieted for 20 weeks to get in shape for that photo, I said Im around 30lbs over that now.
You guys seem to think that literally nothing can be achieved without supplements.
Whats so unbelievable about my photo?

May I suggest reducing your carbs dramatically right now in order to dispose of that extra 30lbs of unwanted bodyfat?

Agreed.  Then again, thats if you are mentally weak like those people on the Biggest Loser.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
thanks NN :)

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #719 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41:25 AM »
Mentzer confused theoretical, deductive reasoning with empirically derived facts. As far as I remember, he went from his premises to conclusions in a way that looked like "scientific reasoning", but he ignored the possibility that the premises could be wrong. Only empirical trials can tell the ultimate truth.

In medical science, you also see a lot of this. An example is the reasoning behind the use of antioxidants, such as vitamin E. In many types of disease, there is an etiology that involves oxidative stress (eg. in neurodegenerative diseases such as ALS or Parkinson's disease). Hence, the reasoning was that antioxidants should protect against these diseases.

Unfortunately, empirical studies have failed to show clear effects "in vivo". There are several "in vitro" studies that are promising, for vitamin E and plant-derived substances. However, in vivo, the evidence is sketchy. The point is, the premises may be wrong. It is not a logical necessity that taking antioxidants orally will benefit cells in the body that suffer from excessive oxidative stress, nor is it clear that oxidative stress in itself is causally related to the disease process.

If you read Mentzer, you'll se lot of similar error. If you want, I can find quotes and examples, but to me, the main error is his assumption that "one set to failure" is sufficient to induce optimal hypertrophy. This is starting to be disproved in trained subjects. It is also more complicated, as hypertrophy is not due to one single physiological process. For example, a recent finding is that training a muscle that is in a hypoxic/anoxic state, induces hypertrophy. Here is an example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23166781

This contradict Mentzer, in that metabolic stress is one mechanism by which hypertrophy is induced: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23338987. One rep to failure may not induce optimal metabolic stress. This may be complicated by whether there is constant tension, number of reps etc. And IF one trains with multiple sets, duration of pauses may influence growth.

To me, Mentzers premise appears to be that there is a single dimension, called "intensity", that can be called "the stimulus", and given that one reaches 100% intensity in the shortest possible time, optimal growth will be induced. This is clearly simplistic and not backed up by research, although it may be valid for beginning trainers.

NN

^^^I hope someone besides me reads this. This is quality posting and a well posited argument. Unfortunately, I predict a lot of "TL DNR" posts. Too bad. Their loss. I liked it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #720 on: January 23, 2013, 06:46:58 AM »
^^^I hope someone besides me reads this. This is quality posting and a well posited argument. Unfortunately, I predict a lot of "TL DNR" posts. Too bad. Their loss. I liked it.

i read it, and it left me a bit confused, but i'll try and re-read it again a bit later when i have more energy to concentrate on it more fully

ukjeff

May I suggest reducing your carbs dramatically right now in order to dispose of that extra 30lbs of unwanted bodyfat?
I don't have 30lbs of fat and the fat I do have isn't unwanted, its freezing fucking cold in the UK and a bit of extra insulation is handy to have.
When I do decide to lose it I will just reduce my overall calories.
Thanks for the advice anyway.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
I have been training for only 20, yet I can spot a liar from a mile away. In a short while I will post pics ripped without hormones or burners at 37. So people can see what is left muscle wise at 5'11 1/2" when 6%. I have this unbelievable alergy to bullshitters "ukjeff".  ;)

I don't get the hate for Jeff? Seems pretty legit to me & achievable with some hardcore dieting/exercise.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
ok, then go and achieve it.

good luck

What is his weight? I don't think I'm to far off that right now @ I'm 38. Also, it's got nothing to do with luck  ;)

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
well, i dont know his weight, but hes quite tall, but he now also says hes 30lbs of fat heavier than in that pic, well, that i can believe being natural.

the ripped condition, not so much.

also, why would weight matter, it doesnt, its all how its looks.

if weight would matter i should look like 1999 flex wheeler,haha

So what your saying is it's impossible for him to be lean naturally?