Author Topic: Mentzer says...  (Read 16384 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Mentzer says...
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »
not bad for a lifetime natty i'd say ;)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2013, 02:40:21 AM »
not bad for a lifetime natty i'd say ;)

Boom!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 05:29:53 AM »
lifetime natty is without mt1 and whatever was once legal.

besides, i asked where is the progress?

how much progress was made since that pic?or is it regress?

looks close to the peak for his frame as a natty IMO... looks good (no homo)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2013, 05:44:04 AM »
Mentzer says, "anybody got any urine I can chase down this meth with."
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2013, 05:53:10 AM »
lifetime natty is without mt1 and whatever was once legal.

besides, i asked where is the progress?

how much progress was made since that pic?or is it regress?

at that point in time i was indeed a lifetime natty as i had only used creatine

as far as progress goes well let's just say that my progress is going rather well at this point in time ;)

once i can row the 145 pound bell for 6 or so reps and do weight push-ups with 150 added for 6 or so reps then i'll post up progress pics, and in fact i'll probably post the pics wearing one of these coolass new shirts that i just recently purchased 8)

thanks brother, so maybe now i'll be able to hook myself up wit one of dem asian hotties ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2013, 06:31:06 AM »
thanks brother, so maybe now i'll be able to hook myself up wit one of dem asian hotties ;D

sure, call me, i keep a pile of them on speed dial  :)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2013, 07:32:56 AM »

I agree.

One thing I've noticed is dj focuses a lot on his training and I wonder if he puts as much time/effort into his diet. Going by that pic he certainly knows how to get lean which is not something a lot of people have the dedication to do. Many people can get away with sub par training (we've all seen it) but diet is not as forgiving....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2013, 07:55:08 AM »
I agree.

One thing I've noticed is dj focuses a lot on his training and I wonder if he puts as much time/effort into his diet. Going by that pic he certainly knows how to get lean which is not something a lot of people have the dedication to do. Many people can get away with sub par training (we've all seen it) but diet is not as forgiving....

thanks for the props dude

and honest to God i was eating wendy's double cheeseburgers, taco hell, mcdonalds quarter pounders and fries with coca-colas, etc

in my own personal experience "diet" means almost nothing and it's all in the training (the only thing that matters is total cals in vs. total cals out AND... the METABOLIC COST of HARD TRAINING)

at that point in time i was weight training roughly 5 days per week in the afternoons and the running 2 or 3 VERY HARD miles at night, i ran them at about a 6:30 minute per mile pace

again, i firmly believe that "diet" means fuck all and HARD TRAINING trumps the fuck out of it

but again, this is just my own honest experience

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2013, 08:41:39 AM »

and honest to God i was eating wendy's double cheeseburgers, taco hell, mcdonalds quarter pounders and fries with coca-colas, etc

in my own personal experience "diet" means almost nothing and it's all in the training (the only thing that matters is total cals in vs. total cals out AND... the METABOLIC COST of HARD TRAINING)

at that point in time i was weight training roughly 5 days per week in the afternoons and the running 2 or 3 VERY HARD miles at night, i ran them at about a 6:30 minute per mile pace

again, i firmly believe that "diet" means fuck all and HARD TRAINING trumps the fuck out of it

You know DJ I tend to agree with you  to a point. When I was in my late teens I was really skinny and had a shit appetite. As soon as I started seriously training, my appetite increased two fold, my body was asking for food on it's own. This is why I don't understand the concept of bulking and overstuffing yourself, if your training is sound your body will ask of you what it needs and anything extra that you give it will end up as extra fat.

When it comes to getting lean however , I do think that those with slower metabolisms have to watch their diet. You can out-train a bad diet to a point, if the metabolism is fast enough. But that isn't necessarily the most efficient way of going about things.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2013, 09:32:40 AM »

Diet does mean something eat 6000 cals a day and do nothing see where that gets you. Simple you take more than you need you gain fat, less you lose. Now you can sit on the couch and eat 800 cals and lose fat. It's give and take activity levels vs cals.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »
Another point Gentlemen is as you age it is harder. I do have to watch what i eat AND run and jump rope. when i was a bit younger i got away with drinking beer and a semi good diet.. now, no way. However there are some lucky Bastards like dj who can eat and get away with it. Having said that if i stop training i automatically eat less. some of the old school guys (Funky Bro knows more about this ) ate loads and trained full body and stayed in shape. Reg Park was known to eat very well and was a very solid muscular man.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2013, 09:54:23 AM »
Another point Gentlemen is as you age it is harder. I do have to watch what i eat AND run and jump rope. when i was a bit younger i got away with drinking beer and a semi good diet.. now, no way. However there are some lucky Bastards like dj who can eat and get away with it. Having said that if i stop training i automatically eat less. some of the old school guys (Funky Bro knows more about this ) ate loads and trained full body and stayed in shape. Reg Park was known to eat very well and was a very solid muscular man.
Metabolism slows with age, good point.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2013, 10:02:58 AM »
Good points guys...

I think diet wise, losing weight is much easier dj...simply eat less, increase your body's caloric requirements through activity levels, or a combination of the two. In my experience in order to gain good weight(muscle) you have to be a little more meticulous with what you put in your body. That was the point I was trying to make in my original post, not to take anything away from you if you can get lean on cheseburgers btw...props for that lol.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »
depends, metabolism slows when mscle mass is withering away due to age and less hormones in body.

someone whos 40 and on bit gear will have quite the metabolism :D

that was a brilliant point, ofc one can lose weight while on 800cals doing fuck all all day, but thats suboptimal.

i cant empathize enough on telling socalled bbuilders to just generaly move alot, go out, dancing, walking in the city, anything, just dont sit at home waiting for the next meal.

sleeping every day is all the rest that one needs, and frequent days off the gym, bc every day training will definitely fry the nervous system eventually.everyone has to figure out where the edge is for themselves.

^
That is so true.

Btw...just cause some of us choose to increase our natural hormones doesn't mean we don't care about our health. What you say about going out and being physically active is a whole lot better for us than sitting around polluting our bodies with junk food, drugs and alcohol. I'm not trying to justify my usage but I've felt some negativity towards those that choose to use on this board...then again that may have to do with your sig and how you feel about natural training lol.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2013, 06:35:27 AM »
Metabolism slows with age, good point.

sorry man, but i call bullshit on this point

i'm nearing 40 and just a few months ago i was doing Metabolic Training and it ripped me the fuck up (viens running up and down my ab wall) whilst eating cookies, cakes, bacon and eggs, perogis (which is polish dumplings), fried ckicken strips, etc

age smage! if you are active as fuck and TRAIN HARD HARD HARD you fucking force your metabolism to become A MACHINE

but the problem is.... who the fuck wants to train so damn hard that they nearly pass the fuck out laying on the floor in a breathless near death state lol

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2013, 06:46:16 AM »
^
That is so true.

Btw...just cause some of us choose to increase our natural hormones doesn't mean we don't care about our health. What you say about going out and being physically active is a whole lot better for us than sitting around polluting our bodies with junk food, drugs and alcohol. I'm not trying to justify my usage but I've felt some negativity towards those that choose to use on this board...then again that may have to do with your sig and how you feel about natural training lol.

well you know i used to think very negative about steroids myself. I do not use or have ever used them and will not. However i think now after my correspondence with people here who use them i am now a bit more neutral. each to his own thing.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 06:56:19 AM »
sorry man, but i call bullshit on this point

i'm nearing 40 and just a few months ago i was doing Metabolic Training and it ripped me the fuck up (viens running up and down my ab wall) whilst eating cookies, cakes, bacon and eggs, perogis (which is polish dumplings), fried ckicken strips, etc

age smage! if you are active as fuck and TRAIN HARD HARD HARD you fucking force your metabolism to become A MACHINE

but the problem is.... who the fuck wants to train so damn hard that they nearly pass the fuck out laying on the floor in a breathless near death state lol

I think the idea of metabolic slow down is horseshit. People get less active with age.  Reducing their BMR. Maintain high activity and boom. Metabolism is fine.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2013, 07:01:56 AM »

I think the idea of metabolic slow down is horseshit. People get less active with age.  Reducing their BMR. Maintain high activity and boom. Metabolism is fine.
not really because there is hormonal changes too as you age. some guys age better than others and can remain fit and active. others just age before their time..but yes there is some truth to what you wrote.. activity is king.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2013, 08:04:26 AM »
less gh in the blood and less test.

this is the basis on my whole "theory/experience"

i propose that HARD CONSISTANT AND REGULAR TRAINING keeps gh and test levels elevated to higher than average levels

i call it the "chemical supecharging" that is the direct result of HARD TRAINING

even when i was in my early 20's i looked like absoclute shit if i stopped training or trained like a pussy, but then.... BOOM! if i started training really fucking hard i'd TRANSFORM my bod right quick ;)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2013, 08:08:26 AM »
and to mr. nobody

read what i just wrote above man, that's basically why i want/need to train hard 4 or 5 days per week

i know you keep telling me to train less, but the problem is if one train too "less" then they lose the benefits of this "chemical super-charging" form HARD TRAINING that i'm talking bout

just training only once or even twice a week isn't enough man

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2013, 08:30:30 AM »
listen guys.. train each muscle hard 1x a week and let the overlap do the rest. train chest Monday with volume and hit arms Friday with dips or close grip benches the overlap is there...you canīt train any muscle without hitting it with volume and every angle. you will not overtrain if you eat well and sleep well.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2013, 09:31:31 AM »
nono, for a natural, metabolism will absolutely decrease over time.

less gh in the blood and less test.

but yes, less activity is just as much a cause, but this less activity thing might be due to less hormones too.

Exactly, did John Grimek burn the same amount of cals a day at 80 years old as at 35 answer = no. You can do all the cardio, weight training etc metabolism will still slow down.