Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
August 21, 2014, 01:42:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 160   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Bombing - Explosion at the Boston Marathon Finish Line  (Read 100952 times)
Stephano
Getbig II

View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: April 20, 2013, 07:22:23 AM »

Thomas Carlyle never won a Nobel Prize.  He died 20 years before the prize was even instituted, and it's a prize only offered to living authors.  Never mind the fact that he has never been held in very high regard, and that he was an ardent supporter of slavery.  (See: "Occasional Discourse on the Negro Question," by T. Carlyle.)

Between that and the spurious Shaw quote, I'd say that you don't have much.  Undecided
Report to moderator   Logged
jmt1
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: April 20, 2013, 07:27:56 AM »

It doesn't matter. Anyone who truly understands Islam, the Quran, and the life of the Prophet, are going to come to the same conclusions.

Any Ideology that sparks terrorism is NOT Islamic. There are always going to be small numbers of nuts, who may claim to be Muslim, or any other religion for that matter,  but their actions in no way correspond with what they claim to be. It's not surprising that there are people around the world, some happen to be Muslim,  who hate America,  and in response they may adapt a certain twisted violent ideology which Islam clearly does not represent. I'm not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend. I mean Islam also clearly states that alcohol is forbidden, yet there are plenty of Muslims who drink alcohol. That is the problem of that individual, not Islam.
Soul Crusher
Competitors
Getbig V

Doesnt lie about lifting.

View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: April 20, 2013, 07:30:15 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/us/boston-boat-spotter/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

LOL

What a fucking waste. 
doison
Getbig IV

Rum Ham

View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: April 20, 2013, 07:31:35 AM »

It doesn't matter. Anyone who truly understands Islam, the Quran, and the life of the Prophet, are going to come to the same conclusions.

Any Ideology that sparks terrorism is NOT Islamic. There are always going to be small numbers of nuts, who may claim to be Muslim, or any other religion for that matter,  but their actions in no way correspond with what they claim to be. It's not surprising that there are people around the world, some happen to be Muslim,  who hate America,  and in response they may adapt a certain twisted violent ideology which Islam clearly does not represent. I'm not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend. I mean Islam also clearly states that alcohol is forbidden, yet there are plenty of Muslims who drink alcohol. That is the problem of that individual, not Islam.

It's the part where terrorist acts are committed in the name of Islam...

E-Kul
Getbig V

Space: The final frontier

View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: April 20, 2013, 07:35:15 AM »

Yeah we don't care if they drink alcohol, it's blowing people up that is a cause for concern.  And if you are so concerned about extremists, what are you doing about it, how can you allow these people to continue to ruin the religion you love.  Why not join together with your fellow moderates and do something about it, don't just say, Oh, there not one of us.  Do something.  If I was part of a team and there was a small minority in the teams name were causing others to suffer unnecessarily and ruing the reputation of the team, there would be some strong actions taken.  Either the rest of the team would put an end to it or we would simply leave the team.  No God, Faith or religion in the world is worth being associated with acts of extreme terror.

How about starting a worldwide Islamic anti terror squad and policing your own instead of leaving it up to the rest of us who mostly see even moderate Islam and the texts in the Koran as perverse and not worthy of a decent human being.

V
Stephano
Getbig II

View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: April 20, 2013, 07:37:00 AM »

It's the part where terrorist acts are committed in the name of Islam...

....And where said acts are actively or tacitly supported by the "Muslim Communities" of the world.
"By their works ye shall know them".
Mr Nobody
Getbig V

Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: April 20, 2013, 07:39:38 AM »

Does anyone even lift thats in this thread?
L00n
Getbig IV

Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: April 20, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »

Czechs: We're Not Chechens

Mirca Sekerova recommends Americans "open a geography book once in a while...stop blaming our country for this."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/czechs-chechens-19006112#.UXKoyKKG-Fc
Shizzo
Getbig V

The King of Irrelevance

View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: April 20, 2013, 07:41:21 AM »

Does anyone even lift thats in this thread?
Lol
E-Kul
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: April 20, 2013, 07:56:38 AM »

V
Thick Nick
Competitors
Getbig IV

"Some want to look good, others want to do good."

View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: April 20, 2013, 08:09:17 AM »

Wow a pro- American post from E-kul??? The fuck???

Now if ANY of our resident death cultists would condemn these 2 sub-humans or what they did...

I might have a heart attack.

$
E-Kul
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: April 20, 2013, 08:16:39 AM »

Wow a pro- American post from E-kul??? The fuck???

Now if ANY of our resident death cultists would condemn these 2 sub-humans or what they did...

I might have a heart attack.
I was devastated by this attack.   What I was critical of is that America has allowed itself to get to a point where these type of devastating tragedies happen regularly.  Something needs to change.

V
tommywishbone
Competitors II
Getbig V

Biscuit

View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: April 20, 2013, 08:17:35 AM »

This thread now sucks. Thanks religious nut jobs.

P
deadpan
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: April 20, 2013, 08:18:01 AM »

yeah but look at it this way

what benefit does religion possibly serve anyone?

none whatsoever

even if 10% of all islam is radical, no islam = no radicals

i don't get why people need fairy tales about some old man in the sky to make their life complete and to give them their moral compass. i grew out of that shit when i was like 16
Danjo
Getbig IV

If you're coming on...then come on!

View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: April 20, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »

I guess it's time to ban pressure cookers...or at least ''high capacity'' pressure cookers so you can't stuff as much explosives and ball bearings in em....(government logic)  Roll Eyes

Honest commentary...
NotSure
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: April 20, 2013, 08:21:44 AM »

Religion actually does serve a purpose. When used correctly, it can balance the mind, unfortunately 99% use it incorrectly.
Nails
Getbig V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqVI2DmLI2Q

View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: April 20, 2013, 08:23:02 AM »

Looks like they checked the muslium dude into beth israel deaconess hospital  Grin
Mr Nobody
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: April 20, 2013, 08:25:05 AM »

I was devastated by this attack.   What I was critical of is that America has allowed itself to get to a point where these type of devastating tragedies happen regularly.  Something needs to change.
Only humans can kill themselves check into it.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

"We Will Correct All This."

View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: April 20, 2013, 08:25:21 AM »

The Watchful eye of an ordinary citizen will be what makes the difference.

Cheesy

E
deadpan
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: April 20, 2013, 08:29:01 AM »

Czechs: We're Not Chechens

Mirca Sekerova recommends Americans "open a geography book once in a while...stop blaming our country for this."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/czechs-chechens-19006112#.UXKoyKKG-Fc

lawl. it's shocking how stupid some murricans are. the reporters on the live stream couldn't even pronounce "chechen". i mean is it really that hard? it sounds exactly how it looks.

the sad part is now usa/russia relations are probably going to suffer because of ignorance
E-Kul
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: April 20, 2013, 08:29:16 AM »

Religion actually does serve a purpose. When used correctly, it can balance the mind, unfortunately 99% use it incorrectly.
The mind is naturally balanced without outside intervention.   Just look at animals, their minds are balanced without such nonsense. Things like religion unbalance it.  we are given everything we need by Nature, Religion is pointless unless you want to control people.  And that's what its used for, if you are religious, you are under control, you have been programmed, you are programmed what to believe, how to behave, how to react, essentially the more devout and religious one is, the less human they are, the less natural and spontaneous.  

Your statement that Religion actually does serve a purpose is a product of your programming and also that your mind is unbalanced.  Your negative reaction to what I just said is also part of your programming and unbalanced mind.  The only way to break free from the shackles of this programming is to first acknowledge that you are indeed under someone else's control and running their software on your computer.

V
deadpan
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: April 20, 2013, 08:32:38 AM »

The mind is naturally balanced without outside intervention.   Just look at animals, their minds are balanced without such nonsense. Things like religion unbalance it.  we are given everything we need by Nature, Religion is pointless unless you want to control people.  And that's what its used for, if you are religious, you are under control, you have been programmed, you are programmed what to believe, how to behave, how to react, essentially the more devout and religious one is, the less human they are, the less natural and spontaneous.  

Your statement that Religion actually does serve a purpose is a product of your programming and also that your mind is unbalanced.  Your negative reaction to what I just said is also part of your programming and unbalanced mind.  The only way to break free from the shackles of this programming is to first acknowledge that you are indeed under someone else's control and running their software on your computer.

"opiate for the masses"
E-Kul
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: April 20, 2013, 08:34:56 AM »

Only humans can kill themselves check into it.
That's debatable, some research suggests that dolphins commit suicide as do whales.

V
NotSure
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: April 20, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »

And you defined it like 99% of people do. It is for control of the self, not the masses. Im sure you will misinterpret this as well.
Mr Nobody
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: April 20, 2013, 08:36:21 AM »

That's debatable, some research suggests that dolphins commit suicide as do whales.
Interesting can you send me information on that?
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 160   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!