Author Topic: my "updated and renewed" 3 Phase Project  (Read 139479 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: my "updated and renewed" 3 Phase Project
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2013, 02:45:49 AM »
mate if you had Scottish Genetics then we are talking...about time you started hitting the muscles with more exercises. Take a leaf out Steve's Book...his workouts are solid and he is always in shape. You have the Genetics too and i think with some good workouts will see a big Change, you will never be as thick muscled as Steve(in my opinion, me neither) but you'll be Denser.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2013, 02:56:51 AM »
well i'm planning on doing 2 exercises for chest and back and just 1 exercise for delts (laterals) and 1 for tris (pressdowns)

i'm not sure if i'll do 2 exercises for bis or just 1, if just 1 then it will be barbell curls

as far as legs go, i don't really have a fucking clue how i'll train them

mr. n recommended squats and leg curls, but maybe i'll just do squat or leg press

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2013, 03:12:06 AM »
i would do....

undergrip chins(lats,Biceps)
BB rows 
Bench press flat
shoulder press BB or Incline press (if incline press side laterals for delts)
Incline curls for biceps
skull crushers triceps

Squats
Romanian Deadlifts
lunges
calves

i would concentrate on These exercises and rotate an upper lower split. Of course there are many things you can do....

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2013, 03:16:27 AM »
A good 3 Day split....
Back +chest (supersets)
Legs
shoulders+arms (arms supersets)

get some exercise variations in there and volume...then rest and eat good. This split is old but i like it because of the supersets and pump...no sweat if you miss your shoulder+arm day because they are covered in Back+chest day... ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2013, 05:42:02 AM »
well i'm planning on doing 2 exercises for chest and back and just 1 exercise for delts (laterals) and 1 for tris (pressdowns)

i'm not sure if i'll do 2 exercises for bis or just 1, if just 1 then it will be barbell curls

as far as legs go, i don't really have a fucking clue how i'll train them

mr. n recommended squats and leg curls, but maybe i'll just do squat or leg press
YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH SQUATS,,USE SMITH MACHINE IF THEY HAVE IT.. U COULD CHANGE FEET POSITION,YOUR NARROW IN HIPS DON'T WORRY ABOUT EXPANDING LOL,,,CLOSE FEET WORKS A BIT OUTER HEADS AND PUT MASS TO HAMS TOO THIS WAY,LEGPRESS/HACKS TOO,EXTENSION 2/3 EXERCISES REP RANGE LOW SQUAT 6 HI END 12/15 ON PUMP DAY,LEG EXTENSION IS A MASS BUILDER TOO IF HEAVIER LOAD AGAIN 10/12 ON THOSE THO BUT HEAVY AND SQUEEZE .ANY LEG ACTIVITY WILL EXPAND BLOOD AND OXYGEN DUE TO TRAINING LOADS ,SO UPPER BODY GETS BENEFIT TOO ;),.....I'M IN UR CORNER DUDE,,

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2013, 05:56:58 AM »
YOUR NARROW IN HIPS DON'T WORRY ABOUT EXPANDING LOL,,,

ANY LEG ACTIVITY WILL EXPAND BLOOD AND OXYGEN DUE TO TRAINING LOADS ,SO UPPER BODY GETS BENEFIT TOO ;),.....I'M IN UR CORNER DUDE,,

look man, i troll here pretty hard and pretty often, but i'm dead serious when i say this...

i'm literally terrified that i'll spread out my hips and thicken and widen my waist by squatting (and even from doing leg press as well) and in fact i was with my girl last nite and i made a pact with her that she would tell me if my hips and waist started to get too thick and wide

i fucking hate this look of wide ass hips and waist FUCKING HATE IT!!!

one of the really cool things about my girl is that she keeps me focused on overall bodily proportions as this is important to her, and it's very good for me this influence she has with me in this regard :)

and thanks for being in my corner ma man ;D 8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2013, 06:20:10 AM »
look man, i troll here pretty hard and pretty often, but i'm dead serious when i say this...

i'm literally terrified that i'll spread out my hips and thicken and widen my waist by squatting (and even from doing leg press as well) and in fact i was with my girl last nite and i made a pact with her that she would tell me if my hips and waist started to get too thick and wide

i fucking hate this look of wide ass hips and waist FUCKING HATE IT!!!

one of the really cool things about my girl is that she keeps me focused on overall bodily proportions as this is important to her, and it's very good for me this influence she has with me in this regard :)

and thanks for being in my corner ma man ;D 8)
RIGHT NOW I WOULD NOT SWEAT IT..10 LBS WILL NOT INCREASE UR HIPS/LINES IF YOUR LEG MASS/SWEEP INCREASES,JUST GO FOR IT AND TAKE PICTURES MONTH OR SO JUST LEG SHOTS TO SEE,,LEGS HOLD A LOT OF MASS TO BODYWEIGHT SO 160 BW INCREASED LEG SIZE MAYBE 170 BW BUT STILL SAME LEAN UPPER BODY,ITS EASIER TO SAY THAN DOING,U HAVE TO DO IT TO REALLY GET RESULTS,,ON PAPER U WILL GO CRAZY..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »
RIGHT NOW I WOULD NOT SWEAT IT..10 LBS WILL NOT INCREASE UR HIPS/LINES IF YOUR LEG MASS/SWEEP INCREASES,JUST GO FOR IT AND TAKE PICTURES MONTH OR SO JUST LEG SHOTS TO SEE,,LEGS HOLD A LOT OF MASS TO BODYWEIGHT SO 160 BW INCREASED LEG SIZE MAYBE 170 BW BUT STILL SAME LEAN UPPER BODY,ITS EASIER TO SAY THAN DOING,U HAVE TO DO IT TO REALLY GET RESULTS,,ON PAPER U WILL GO CRAZY..
True. First structure dj you don't have a wide hip structure so don't worry yes squats may increase hips a bit but in a good way. I just think you you are afraid of squatting because they are difficult.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2013, 08:17:58 AM »
True. First structure dj you don't have a wide hip structure so don't worry yes squats may increase hips a bit but in a good way. I just think you you are afraid of squatting because they are difficult.

yep, you are right

squats suck motherfucking ass, so i'll start with leg press for awhile and then maybe switch to squats

it's kinda funny, but i'm using machines on all moves except for dumbbell laterals and barbell curls

if i max out the machine close-grip pulldowns then i guess that i'll have to go to weighted chins, which are also a real fucking bitch

p.s. i won't max out the machine leg press for a long while

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »
yep, you are right

squats suck motherfucking ass, so i'll start with leg press for awhile and then maybe switch to squats

it's kinda funny, but i'm using machines on all moves except for dumbbell laterals and barbell curls

if i max out the machine close-grip pulldowns then i guess that i'll have to go to weighted chins, which are also a real fucking bitch

LEG PRESS PLATE LOADED DEPENDING ON MACHINE OR STRENGHT IS INFINITE IN TERMS OF HOW MUCH U COULD LOAD 45'S WISE,VERY EGO DRIVEN MACHINE LESS IS MORE AT TIMES,BETTER PUMP SAY 6/8 45'S AS OPPOSSED TO 10 OR MORE 45'S AT 1/4 REP ROM ,U NEED HEAVY WEIGHT S TO STIMULATE BUT DONE PROPERLY AS WELL...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2013, 08:38:24 AM »
yep, you are right

But see the hardest exercises increase the most muscle mass, depends on your goals as to what you want.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »
dj181:

Of course you could review some of the old Gironda training programs, there on the net, just have to do a search. His plan was to avoid a big butt and waist, at all cost. Even some of the training advice of Dave Draper (among others), hold great value. Because you are speaking pure BB'ing, and that classic look so many of that past era had. Speaking of 8X8's, 10X10's, Tri sets, etc.  Moderate weight,done at a fast pace, but very affective.

Looking for that tear drop affect for the lower quads, and less influence on the butt, than suggest Hack BB squats or even machine hacks. I might be wrong but I don't think you have the mind set to do squats. If you did, suggest front squats for the quads. Regular squats do affect the hip structure, but if nature gave you smaller joints and narrow ass, even serious squatting wouldn't do much to increase the hip/butt size. Never the worry of taking up two seats on a plane ride.

Hope the new gym is geared towards BB'ing, rather than fitness or other stuff. Working around, and with other like minded BB'ers, can help your progress greatly. Can always learn new ideas about training, diet, etc from their personal experiences. If you allow your ego to adapt,  that is.  Good Luck.
F

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2013, 08:48:28 AM »
dj181:

Of course you could review some of the old Gironda training programs, there on the net, just have to do a search. His plan was to avoid a big butt and waist, at all cost. Even some of the training advice of Dave Draper (among others), hold great value. Because you are speaking pure BB'ing, and that classic look so many of that past era had. Speaking of 8X8's, 10X10's, Tri sets, etc.  Moderate weight,done at a fast pace, but very affective.

Looking for that tear drop affect for the lower quads, and less influence on the butt, than suggest Hack BB squats or even machine hacks. I might be wrong but I don't think you have the mind set to do squats. If you did, suggest front squats for the quads. Regular squats do affect the hip structure, but if nature gave you smaller joints and narrow ass, even serious squatting wouldn't do much to increase the hip/butt size. Never the worry of taking up two seats on a plane ride.

Hope the new gym is geared towards BB'ing, rather than fitness or other stuff. Working around, and with other like minded BB'ers, can help your progress greatly. Can always learn new ideas about training, diet, etc from their personal experiences. If you allow your ego to adapt,  that is.  Good Luck.
NICE POST WELL THOUGHT OUT,,,,I AM A LEG GUY ,STRONG AND WELL DEVELOPED MASS/SEPERATION/CONDITION ,,,DJ CAN BENEFIT GREATLY FROM OUR ADVICE ALL AROUND,,HE WILL ;)...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2013, 08:58:19 AM »
NICE POST WELL THOUGHT OUT,,,,I AM A LEG GUY ,STRONG AND WELL DEVELOPED MASS/SEPERATION/CONDITION ,,,DJ CAN BENEFIT GREATLY FROM OUR ADVICE ALL AROUND,,HE WILL ;)...
NJ has great legs, so the deal is dj can can try the leg press better than nothing but not as good as squats.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2013, 09:07:59 AM »
NJ has great legs, so the deal is dj can can try the leg press better than nothing but not as good as squats.
EXTENSIONS/LEGPRESS HE CAN DO WONDERS,SUPERSET ONCE IN A WHILE WICKED PUMP,WEAK KNEES,UNABLE TO FLEX KINDA PUMP,,,

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2013, 10:05:58 AM »
EXTENSIONS/LEGPRESS HE CAN DO WONDERS,SUPERSET ONCE IN A WHILE WICKED PUMP,WEAK KNEES,UNABLE TO FLEX KINDA PUMP,,,
Agreed.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »
But see the hardest exercises increase the most muscle mass, depends on your goals as to what you want.

so you think that i should jump right into the hardest exercises right away?

i think that it's best to break it in "easy like" and then graduate onto the harder exercises as i progress

here's a tune to tear the gym the fuck up 8)

come watch the djer, in his sleeveles tee doing barbell curls til failure with his dense, seperated, detailed and rock muscles popping all the fuck out ;) 8)

spider-man WHO?!

still got them veins running up and down my abs while adding 3 full kilo in bodyweight OH YEAH!!!!!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2013, 01:22:42 PM »
and btw, here's the EXACT LEG PRESS MACHINE that i'm using

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2013, 04:58:59 AM »
not often i agree with jpm but he is correct front squats are great...just do not raise your heel. Do not Forget that on the leg press you can use a wide or narrow foot Position and higher or lower foot positions. In fact i could Train my whole legs with just leg press. I think however the squat is the best exercise for leg mass.. i can only say i have had great results with this exercise and big ass..no way. Gironda was a great Trainer but if you want a tight ass..squats,lunges,step ups....i have only had good comments about my glutes and i can thank Basic old fashioned squats for that. Sure you can piss around with cables and such for glutes but why do this? my advice stop being a pussy...SQUAT  ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2013, 07:03:33 AM »
^^^ lol

never deny that i wasn't a pussy :D :D :D

i was messing around on the barbell bench today, and i'm pathetically weak, but i'll get back some strength real quick as i adapt and adjust to the movement

as of now the only barbell lifts that i do are barbell curls and barbell bench, i fucking hate barbell rows and i think they are a pretty suckass exercise, but db rows are very good IMO

the only problem with the db rows is that the bells in my gym only go up to 110 pounds :-X so iguess that i'll have to end up doing these goddamn weighted chins >:( >:( >:(

still haven't done any calf work yet :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2013, 07:36:24 AM »
Mate Barbell rows are king for a thick AND wide back. I do think Dumbbell rows are great too. you have your own style so go your own way....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »
just checked the ipf bench press rules regulations and here's what i've found and figured out, if i decide to compete in bp meets...

1. the weigh-in is 2 hours before the meet, so this making weight thing ain't gonna be practical here (when i did them years back you could do any early weigh-in the night before the meet) so i'll have to stay within 2 kilo of weight limit

2. i would compete either in the 74 kg class or the 83 kg class

3. you must keep your feet flat on the floor during the lift, i always stayed on my tip toes during the bench so i'll have to adjust to this flat feet thing :-X >:(

right now i'm @ 72 kg and still ripped to shreds so i can gain maybe 4 kg more if i wanna stay in the 74 kg class, but if i go to the 83 kg class then i can gain about 13 more kg

also, if i stay @ 74 kg class then i won't train legs hard and heavy, coz i don't need that extra unusable weight :D :D :D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2013, 09:29:51 AM »
just checked the ipf bench press rules regulations and here's what i've found and figured out, if i decide to compete in bp meets...

1. the weigh-in is 2 hours before the meet, so this making weight thing ain't gonna be practical here (when i did them years back you could do any early weigh-in the night before the meet) so i'll have to stay within 2 kilo of weight limit

2. i would compete either in the 74 kg class or the 83 kg class

3. you must keep your feet flat on the floor during the lift, i always stayed on my tip toes during the bench so i'll have to adjust to this flat feet thing :-X >:(

right now i'm @ 72 kg and still ripped to shreds so i can gain maybe 4 kg more if i wanna stay in the 74 kg class, but if i go to the 83 kg class then i can gain about 13 more kg

also, if i stay @ 74 kg class then i won't train legs hard and heavy, coz i don't need that extra unusable weight :D :D :D
listen when i read your Posts i smile. You worry too much .. no doubt talk too much but i still like you.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
No offense dj181.... but;

This is the training log & information board. Not the rambling on about everything and nothing board. Or the 'what if', 'maybe I'll do that' or the 'that's sucks' board.

When you begin approaching training with serious intent, with a solid program mapped out and begin following it for at least 3 weeks or so, than I'm sure we will all be on the edge of out computer chairs/lap tops/tablets/phones to read about all your progress. Applying common sense to training may also be a goal for you to follow. A realistic look, and judgment, of your self as you look in the mirror may also help.

Hoping to read about your success story in Der Spiegel (English version) soon. Good Luck.
F

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2013, 10:22:37 AM »
No offense dj181.... but;

This is the training log & information board. Not the rambling on about everything and nothing board. Or the 'what if', 'maybe I'll do that' or the 'that's sucks' board.

When you begin approaching training with serious intent, with a solid program mapped out and begin following it for at least 3 weeks or so, than I'm sure we will all be on the edge of out computer chairs/lap tops/tablets/phones to read about all your progress. Applying common sense to training may also be a goal for you to follow. A realistic look, and judgment, of your self as you look in the mirror may also help.

Hoping to read about your success story in Der Spiegel (English version) soon. Good Luck.

no worries man, coz that's just your opinion

but the funny thing is... i still make progress even in spite of myself lol

i'm curious, are you trying to say that i've made no progress :D :D :D

if you don't think so then just ask njflex or mr nobody if i've made any progress ;)