Author Topic: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)  (Read 41130 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Just saw Man of Steele
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 02:37:35 PM »

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »
There are some horrible plot holes in the movie. The biggest one for me is the whole terraforming earth into krypton thing. The movie makes a clear point that krypton's atmosphere robs a kyrptonian of there powers right? So if I'm zod then why the fuck would I want to transform earth into krypton and live like a weak human instead of leaving earth how it is and live like a god of immense power? The movie gives the lame excuse "Oh the process of adapting to earth's atmosphere is to painful! " who the hell wouldn't put up with a little pain to gain incredible superpowers?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 02:45:13 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81297

David S. Goyer Confirmed To Write JUSTICE LEAGUE For WB

Along with the news that David S. Goyer would return to work on the script for the Man of Steel sequel, Deadline have now revealed that he's also writing Justice League! "Goyers’ deal is part of a huge 3-picture deal he signed at Warner Bros for Man Of Steel, the sequel, and Justice League with Superman". We reported a rumor that claimed as much a while ago, but there had been no confirmation or debunking, and most of us assumed it was just wishful (or not depending on whether you're a fan) thinking. Also, it seems Kel from Latino Review overheard the writer admit that he's working on the movie at the Man Of Steel premiere.

Of course he may have misheard, but the Deadline info alone would seem to confirm that Goyer is indeed penning WB's Justice League flick. What do you guys think of this news?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81511

David Goyer Reveals A Couple Of Scenes That Were Cut From MAN OF STEEL

Bleeding Cool caught up with Man Of Steel writer David S. Goyer, who spilled the beans on a couple of scenes that never made the final cut of the movie. Funnily enough, both scenes involved elements that many critics have called the finished film out on: The first had humor (they felt there wasn't enough) and the second had action (they felt there was too much). Goyer maintains that the finished movie is "relatively close" to his first script draft as far as the basic structure and characters are concerned, but here's what they decided it was better to scrap:

"There was a little scene in which Jonathan and Martha take a baby Kal to a paediatrician because he’s starting to experience these changes. They do a hearing test on him where they’re dialling up these sounds and baby Kal screams and it blows out all the windows.

It was a funny scene but after the armageddon on Krypton – originally we went from that to baby Kal to the fishing trawler – it just felt weird. We didn’t need it. Tonally it felt off.

Believe it or not there was another action scene – we didn’t film it. After Zod first announces himself [the Krpytonians] provide a demonstration of their might. They drop Faora into Shanghai and NamEk, who is the big eight foot tall guy who doesn’t speak, they drop him another foreign city.

It was another five pages of crazy Kryptonian destruction. We didn’t need it. We knew that, my god, there’s already a lot of action."

There is. There REALLY is!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2013, 02:59:20 PM »
After Zod first announces himself [the Krpytonians] provide a demonstration of their might. They drop Faora into Shanghai and NamEk, who is the big eight foot tall guy who doesn’t speak, they drop him another foreign city.

LOL, I was hoping MOS would contain scenes exactly like this.   "There's too much action!"  Too all those that hit this button, please just remain silent on MOS, go eat your veggie paninis, drink your vitamin waters and enjoy Downtown Abby instead.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2013, 03:00:08 PM »
AHAAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!  "There's too much action in MOS"..........ladyboys.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2013, 03:00:48 PM »
is it a Marvel movie?

exit thread immediately

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »

ROTFL!!!!!!!

I logged into Getbig wondering if "Man of Steel" had reviewed Man of Steel. Lo and behold, a few posts down, there it is.

I agree this is a great film, but it's more of a love letter to the hard core fans. The damsel in distress Lois Lane was almost portrayed in a politically incorrect way (which was sort of refreshing). Very masculine, secretly conservative. A lot of themes that the foppish limp wrist critics hate with a vengeance.

I took off two days of work for this movie.   Took off Friday and took the wife to see it (while daughter at daycare).  Took off Monday (Father's Day gift to myself) and will go see it by myself in a 3D IMAX......huge nerd boner formed and ready.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2013, 03:08:30 PM »
If they wanted to print money, just have Batman show up in Man of Steel 2.

That would probably the biggest opening day of any movie EVER.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
  Too much CGI

I hear a lot more people saying the same thing.

CGI was amazing when it first came out, but now people are used it and not as impressed as they once were.

The mechanical shark from Jaws seemed very real to me.  I really admire the old fashioned special effects.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
If they wanted to print money, just have Batman show up in Man of Steel 2.

That would probably the biggest opening day of any movie EVER.

You're dead on aligned with the fanboys!

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
Yeah and what's worst the cgi wasnt even as good as it should have been. The whole aerial fight scene looked so fake. Some of the cut scenes in video games look amazing these days. My family thought the new assassins creed commercial was real. They definitely had the budget to get it on par with that.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2013, 03:23:53 PM »
Yeah and what's worst the cgi wasnt even as good as it should have been. The whole aerial fight scene looked so fake. Some of the cut scenes in video games look amazing these days. My family thought the new assassins creed commercial was real. They definitely had the budget to get it on par with that.

Here's 50 million......outline tech steps to improve.......

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2013, 03:24:59 PM »
Here's 50 million......outline tech steps to improve.......
great pm me and I'll give you the bank wire info

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingLeonidas/news/?a=81634

Henry Cavill talks to Muscle & Fitness about MAN OF STEEL

Of the many collective gasps that the audience at my theatre uttered during a packed screening of Man Of Steel on Friday, the loudest was when we see Clark Kent running with no shirt on after the oil rig explosion. It was gasp-inducing for the audience for two reasons, first it is the sight of how insane the physique of an actual super human can look like, and second is the realization of the blood and sweat that Henry Cavill must have shed to achieve it. In that one gasp-inducing shot, Cavill and Snyder are able to show the indestructible, invulenerable and superhuman qualities of Clark Kent.

Cavill and his trainer Mark Twight, the founder of Gym Jones, talk to Muscle & Fitness about the grueling 11 months that went into the creation of that one shot. Below is an excerpt and some quotes and trivia gleaned from the feature.

Henry Cavill was screwed. It was another cold winter’s day on the Vancouver set of Man of Steel – the kind that makes it hard to get out of bed, hardest still to get motivated to train, and for Cavill, nearly impossible to move that damn barbell. He was on his final rep of his final set of front squats when his leg muscles froze under the stress of the 305 pounds sitting across his shoulders. He had dutifully pounded out three sets of four with the weight already, but at the bottom of the fourth rep of his fourth set, Cavill’s muscles flat out quit on him. His ass was pinned to the ground and his knees started to buckle inward. His trainer, Gym Jones founder Mark Twight, who closely monitored Cavill throughout his Man of Steel training, waited for his client to lean forward and dump the bar to the ground. Instead, Cavill did something that Twight — a man not easily impressed — would remember forever. He drove his heels into the ground and pushed, his face twisting into an expression that can only come from an outlay of supreme effort, his body working harder than at any time during his entire year of training for the role. And slowly he began to rise out of the hole, grinding his way back up, until he completed the rep. He racked the bar, lifted his head, and opened his eyes... and everything seemed different. Suddenly there was confidence, and elation. But beyond that, there was puzzlement — the eyes of man trying to process a whole new world of possibility.

---The name of Mark Twight's fitness establishment, Gym Jones, is a play on the words of the name of cult leader Jim Jones

---Snyder warned Mark Twight that Cavill had a shirtless scene in early October, then another three weeks later, so he would have to stay in peak human shape for the entire period, a big challenge that Cavill and Twight undertook

---Cavill had leaned down to 170 pounds for his hyper-cut look in Tarsem's Singh hit film, Immortals. So Twight wanted him to gain much more muscle for Man Of Steel

---At the end of a two month ramp up training period, Cavill was training twice a day and eating 5000-6000 calories a day to gain 20 pounds of muscle

---The pre-filming training schedule of 10 hours sleep and training twice a day was impossible once filming began with 14 hour days, and time to train only 2-3 days in a week or not at all. So Twight built a solid physical foundation in Cavill during 5 months of pre-traiing so that his Superman physique could be maintained even during the taxing filming schedule

---Cavill weighed around 190 for the filming of Man Of Steel. His body fat percentage was maintained at 5-7% except for the shirtless scenes for which he dropped to only 3% fat on his body

---Cavill's shirtless scenes were purposefully included to show that the physique in the Superman suit was actually his

---Cavill achieved the following personal bests
435 pounds for deadlift
245 pounds for push press
365 pounds for backsquat
10 sets of 10 reps of front squat with 225 pounds

Mark Twight and Henry Cavill on the above defining moment in Cavill's training
Mark Twight: Somehow he got his sh-t together, To see him do that, then walk around like he’s on air, to believe in himself enough to try that hard, that was one of the more impressive things that happened during the whole course of this process.
Henry cavill: It was a fantastic moment, and certainly made me feel pretty darn good. It wasn’t because of the number that I felt good. It’s because I pushed past what I thought was possible. I felt like I earned the right to try and represent Superman. I learned my limits go far beyond what my head thinks they are. Superman isn’t just about his strength or his abilities. It’s more about determination in the face of a seemingly insurmountable problem, which is exactly how 305 pounds felt when I was stuck at the bottom of that front squat.

Henry Cavill on the pressure of getting the right physique for the role
I felt enormous pressure. Mostly from myself to get it right. This isn’t something that you get wrong. The pressure mostly manifested when I started negotiating with myself during a workout. My head would be telling me to quit or to not push so hard and save energy for later sets by doing fewer reps, but then I’d remind myself that I had to get this right and I’d start blasting.

Mark Twight on the challenge of making Cavill peak for 3 weeks
Peaking a guy for a few days is one thing. What Snyder was asking for was an entirely different problem.

Mark Twight on his unbreakable 10 hours sleep a night rule that he set for Cavill
It’s like, ‘Hey, guy, you want to be f-king Superman? Then do this one other thing, which might be the most important piece of it,’If you don’t get the sleep, if you can’t recover, then we can’t continue with this training and we won’t achieve the objective. The predatory effect that a lack of sleep has on the rest of the work you do is shockingly powerful. The HGH and testosterone secretion that happens during these deep-sleep cycles is super-important.

Mark Twight on how the training affected Cavill's performance
Fitness is strength and conditioning, but also strength of character. Cheating and shortcuts produce visible insecurity. Genuine accomplishment looks and feels different. It cannot be faked. By doing physically difficult things, by changing his body of his own will, Henry changed his attitude and his bearing. He looked huge. He walked huge. His attitude broadcast his physical capability.

Mark Twight on the look they were going for with Cavill
There has never been a superhero that didn't have broad shoulders and a small waist - Henry's frame is ideal. But we had to add some meat to it. Our model for the new Superman was Steve Reeves in Hercules. I think that's a reasonable and aesthetic look.

Read more in the July 2013 issue of Muscle & Fitness.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »

No one has said this, but the final fight scene reminded me of the last Matrix movie with the fight between Neo and Agent Smith.  A tad drawn out.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
I'll give Henry his due, he got in great fucking shape. Not too ripped, not too big. Good everyday physique. Bitches were moist in the theater.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »
I wonder what his 4 brothers look like. His parents took pictures with him at the NY premiere in the slideshow:

‘Man of Steel’ star Henry Cavill knows how Clark Kent feels
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/man-of-steel-star-henry-cavill-knows-how-clark-kent-feels/#/0

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2013, 10:55:37 PM »
Yeah, gonna train shoulders more for sure. And TRAPS! Gotta train TRAPS.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2013, 06:00:05 AM »
Great Movie and I was not Disappointed...saw it last night While the Spurs were kicking Miami's ass.... ;D....I stayed at the very end to see if there would be a sneak peek for the sequel and I didn't see shit......come on, DC comics, you know better than that.....I need superman to fight Darkseid....that would be Epic

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2013, 06:10:22 AM »
Question ...why did his dad killed himself?  If Clark was gonna end up going out of his ways to help others  anyways....

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »
Lots of things I didn't like.

1. Explain why/how he ended up in Kansas.  The central USA theme was lame.  Maybe have his little pod scan earth for folks that fit his profile and then pick a place like Kansas, at least make it seem it was chosen than just random.

2. At the end when the General asks him how does he know if Superman would protect the USA's interest he does so by saying he grew in up in Kansas.  Superman is not destined to protect the USA.  This was a lame point.  Superman should have said, I am here to protect Mankind's interest, not just the USA.

3. Zod shouldn't have been the villain in Superman I.  They needed to establish Superman as a hero fighting a fight that he didn't start.  The Zod thing is odd because you are saying, Zod spent 35 years searching the galaxy for Superman and found him on earth so decided to destroy it.  Otherwise if Superman was somewhere else, earth would have been safe. Hard making him a hero when he caused the issue and conflict in the first place.

4. I wish they had Superman fight inner demons and his morality a bit more than just blindly choosing to protect the world.  After his dad dies Superman could have went to the dark side a bit and then after another tragedy realize this is not who he wants to be.  Not just jump right in.  The lure of Batman is he fights this inner battle daily, Superman as much as they tried to make him gritty was still too squeaky clean.

5.  How Lois Lane was able to navigate the city at light speed.

6. The damage to earth seems irreversible.  The earth former was making earth more dense to make gravity stronger, so even though the machine was stopped, it must have did some transformation that is now permanent.

7. The final fight scene was just too drawn out, especially for what we knew would happen with Superman winning.

8.  So now all of this fancy alien crafts and weapons are on earth.  Does this mean Luther starts to use it to make weapons?

9. No Kryptonite???

Again, it was entertaining, but not something I think I would watch again, even if HBO had it on a second time.  I can watch the Second Dark Knight movie with the Joker over and over, tried to watch the Dark Knight Rises for a second time on HBO this weekend and was bored.  This Superman movie seems  few years too late. The whole wanting a gritty superhero is 2005.  Look at Marvel and their campiness with IM, AV, THOR, CA, all campy bright colored and all big money makers. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »
Lots of things I didn't like.

But just so we’re clear, the main thing your disliked about Man of Steel was Superman.  You didn’t like the character before the movie debuted LOL.

1. Explain why/how he ended up in Kansas.  The central USA theme was lame.  Maybe have his little pod scan earth for folks that fit his profile and then pick a place like Kansas, at least make it seem it was chosen than just random.

"Truth, Justice and the American Way".  America was founded by immigrants and did so on a foundation of agriculture.  Superman is an immigrant who landed in a small town on a farm in the heart of the country.

2. At the end when the General asks him how does he know if Superman would protect the USA's interest he does so by saying he grew in up in Kansas.  Superman is not destined to protect the USA.  This was a lame point.  Superman should have said, I am here to protect Mankind's interest, not just the USA.

See note above.  

Superman clearly has abilities he could’ve profited from for almost his entire life on Earth, but for 33 years he kept silent, trying to find out who he was before he could step out and truly define who he was for the country that adopted him (and later the world he would reveal himself to and then protect…..he was raised in Kansas, should he have defended France first?).  If we all knew our destinies before arriving at them there would be no journey of growth to define us.  That’s why Superman (in this instance) is so compelling because his Kryptonian predecessors were genetically-designed for a specific destiny and knew virtually nothing else.  Remove that purpose from them and they have nothing to live for (hence Zod on Earth at the end of MOS).  

3. Zod shouldn't have been the villain in Superman I.  They needed to establish Superman as a hero fighting a fight that he didn't start.  The Zod thing is odd because you are saying, Zod spent 35 years searching the galaxy for Superman and found him on earth so decided to destroy it.  Otherwise if Superman was somewhere else, earth would have been safe. Hard making him a hero when he caused the issue and conflict in the first place.

If Zod was able to free himself from the phantom zone he was imprisoned then he would search out the stars for Superman.  Due to an unexpected situation he was freed and for 33 years he searched the universe because his existence was engineered solely for the preservation of Krypton….an all costs mission.  Superman had the codex, Zod knew this, Zod needed the codex.  

Still, Superman isn’t a hero because “he caused the issue and conflict” LOL.   I call this point R   E   A   C   H   I   N   G.   I suppose newborns born with an addiction to illegal drugs should be imprisoned after they’re born because they’ve used illegal drugs in the womb.  I mean, had the babies not been in the womb of the drug addict in the first place there wouldn’t  be any issue or conflict.

4. I wish they had Superman fight inner demons and his morality a bit more than just blindly choosing to protect the world.  After his dad dies Superman could have went to the dark side a bit and then after another tragedy realize this is not who he wants to be.  Not just jump right in.  The lure of Batman is he fights this inner battle daily, Superman as much as they tried to make him gritty was still too squeaky clean.

So in point #3 Superman caused the issue and conflict and this was a problem you had with the film, but in this point you don’t like the film because Superman didn’t directly choose to engage in darker issues and conflicts first?  So we compare Supeman to Batman and label Superman too “squeaky clean”.  Batman refuses to use guns and doesn’t kill; hence the Joker has run free killing countless numbers for years and years.  Each foe (like Batman’s joker) which presents an obstacle too great to contend with Superman has killed…..two version of Zod killed in comics and Doomsday killed in comics.  And Superman is a squeaky clean boyscout LOL?

5.  How Lois Lane was able to navigate the city at light speed.

Been repeated over and over now.  My point is this, how do we know as an audience the exact path Zod and Superman took in their last battle.  It was chaos to the viewers, but how do we know that the fight didn’t start close to the train station and end up at the same station in a circle?    For a Pulitzer prize winning investigative journalist that has covered harsh beats in her career and knows her home city it isn’t unrealistic that she couldn’t quickly follow the action overhead and navigate her way quickly to where it appears to have stopped.  Ok, I admit this point I can't fully defend here, but the opposite can be  fully defended either.

6. The damage to earth seems irreversible.  The earth former was making earth more dense to make gravity stronger, so even though the machine was stopped, it must have did some transformation that is now permanent.

I actually agree with this point….guess we wait and see on the next one.   Well, I’ll at least be waiting for it.   ;)

7. The final fight scene was just too drawn out, especially for what we knew would happen with Superman winning.

How did we know the outcome?  Who knew this?  I didn’t know it and I know these characters very, very well.  

8.  So now all of this fancy alien crafts and weapons are on earth.  Does this mean Luther starts to use it to make weapons?

Yeah, I had the same thought on this point.  Don’t know if Lex will use the tech since he hasn’t been fully established in this storytelling, but it does seem to open the possibility for some version of a Brainiac character of sorts.  

9. No Kryptonite???

Goyer and Zack established early on that they weren’t going to introduce the “easy weakness” of kryptonite….that Superman’s weaknesses would be different in nature in this storytelling.

Again, it was entertaining, but not something I think I would watch again, even if HBO had it on a second time.  I can watch the Second Dark Knight movie with the Joker over and over, tried to watch the Dark Knight Rises for a second time on HBO this weekend and was bored.  This Superman movie seems  few years too late. The whole wanting a gritty superhero is 2005.  Look at Marvel and their campiness with IM, AV, THOR, CA, all campy bright colored and all big money makers.  

Among the camp of fanboys the desire for an edgier Superman on film was ’95, ’05 and today.    

The camp of Donner’s films is what today’s viewers don’t want.....it’s why Superman Returns partially failed.  Avengers was established on the performance of Robert Downey Jr’s Iron Man…..humor and camp.  We’ve already seen a campy Superman, but we haven’t seen campy Marvel heroes until know so the formula for Marvel is working like it did for Superman almost 40 years ago.  DC tried the formula again in 2006 with Returns and it was hated.

Ok, I'm off to see MOS for a second time LOL!!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2013, 09:19:32 AM »
^^^^
I know the Superman story going in, but Nolan wanted a grittier Superman, they thought they needed to reinvent him with "Street Cred" so people would like him.  The thought is, Spiderman and Batman were huge box office successes because of their tragic back stories, they needed to give this to Superman even though how much more tragic can you get than your home planet being destroyed.

It wasn't reaching that Superman was the source of the conflict.  Zod only went to earth because Superman activated the beacon.  So 1. He was on earth which attracted Zod, 2. he fired off the Beacon which attracted Zod, 3. He held the codex which attracted Zod.  So Superman was the #1 reason for this conflict.  I just think this could have been better served in a Superman II after he established himself as the hero.

Some good parts to the movie.  I loved how they just jumped forward right away and then gave snippets of the background story, would have been boring to spend 1 hour just watching sup grow up.  That was a smart choice.
At the end when Superman declares his intent to protect America, it was more American than Captain America.

The Superman Returns movie a few years back was an epic failure, not because of the superman story, but just bad casting, picking Lex as the villain and just the storyline they chose.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
Great to see that most of you GetBiggers really enjoyed this latest Superman movie and even though I only thoroughly enjoyed the beginning parts of it, I gotta commend the cast and crew who made MOS.

It way beyond anything I expected to see and I will admit that Cavil was in excellent shape in that shirt's off scene, but I doubt that he was anywhere near the body-fat percentage claimed in  one of the above articles (I think someone claimed 4%).

But of all the Superman actors Cavil was physically the best to pull off the role and I do hope he continues to play the part for two or three more 'episodes'.

In my humble opinion, I would enjoy seeing a more 'mello' script without all the 'crash, bang, go-down, theatrics' .... because I've seen all that stuff (great work that it is) in all the blockbuster flicks since Independence Day

I'd much rather see a SUPE story that was portrayed a bit during the first 30 minutes of this latest production.

A story showing the trials and tribulations of a kid's attempt to fall in and to be accepted by his peers, but with  extreme difficulty due to the fact  that he is unlike the others by far.

Show some typical high school problems. Maybe even have him get stoned a bit or inebriated. (That happened once!) Get in a bit of trouble, etc., etc.

First date, first kiss, yada yada yada .....

And continue with his entry into adulthood somewhat like they did when Supe was in that bar and when he worked on the fishing boat and when he saved the oil rig crew as himself and not as Superman.

When I thoroughly enjoy a movie, it feels like I fall into it. (Can't describe it any other way!)

And I fell into that classroom and wanted to help when he was just a kid.
I fell into that bar scene and wanted to punch that beer guy in the nose for doing what he did to Clark.
And I've been on an oil rig before but really being there was never more real than when I saw Clark arrive in the nick of time to save the day ....

OPPPss! I think SAVE THE DAY belongs to Mighty Mouse.

Sorry, Supe!!

I would have enjoyed seeing more of that part of Supe's young life and cut or clipped one or two of the very expensive battle scenes.

Here's my score ..... Suerman actor wise I give it a 9. Production wise I give it a 10, Script wise I give it a 6.