Author Topic: Obama is the anti-christ  (Read 21641 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Obama is the anti-christ
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2013, 09:46:33 AM »
Jesus of Nazareth did indeed walk this earth.  What seems to bother some people is not so much that fact, but whether or not the claims to His divinity are true.

If you choose to not to believe in the Christ you also need to choose not to be bothered by the "supposed" consequences of said denial.  If Christ is false you need not worry about judgment.  If you are secure in your unbelief in the Christ, why bother to belittle it in others? 

If.

Now the same must be said to those that choose to believe in (and truly follow) Jesus of Nazareth.  Do not belittle those that choose not to believe in Him.  If what Christ stood for (or in the case of believers, "stands for") was not worthy then it would merit derision.  But of course, His life was one of kindness, mercy, morality and value.

This test is true of any so called religious figure.  Take Joseph Smith or Mohammed if you will.  Men playing at being prophets but in reality they were in it for profit.  Such as these two are worthy of contempt and their actions while alive show as much.

And yes, the same is true of many, many Popes.  Sad.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2013, 09:47:43 AM »
shizzo go have a few beers
Thats not fair. What does that have to do with the discussion at hand?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2013, 09:47:48 AM »
and what makes you think I have not done that? because I disagree with you on a few points?

Because you make broad easily disproven statements like every university on the planet agrees with you.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2013, 09:48:39 AM »
Thats not fair. What does that have to do with the discussion at hand?

As much as attacking me personally or trying to mock me does. 
A

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2013, 09:49:49 AM »
I am sure there are some who believe this, I have no doubt at all, but what I know is they do not teach that in history class as it is still accepted as his context on Jesus is beyond a reasonable doubt. When that changes i will accept that argument until then I won`t.

BTW you have a masters degree in history, well I have a PhD in history lol  :)

Lets assume, for the sake of argument, that there was a historical person called Jesus and he's not an amalgam. So what? This proves nothing important about Jesus, except that a historical figure named Jesus existed.

It doesn't prove he was born of a virgin, it doesn't prove he was God, it doesn't prove that he died and was resurrected. It's no different than knowing a historical person named John Johnson existed.

So your point is... what exactly "Dr." Hard?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2013, 09:50:05 AM »
As much as attacking me personally or trying to mock me does. 
Onetimehard seems to be on the brink.  :-\

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2013, 09:51:32 AM »
I honestly do.  My focus is East Asia, mainly Japan. I understand what youre trying to do.  Instead of being civil and having a friendly debate you're going to mock me now.  I'm not going to do that.  
Listen, I enjoyed this conversation very much. If you think this is beefing you in any way then you are crazy, this was civilized and I do respect your views, come on bro this was fun and my word I was not insulted once and I hope you weren't`t either.

But to be fair I must keep it real and owe you at least my honesty, I do not believe you have a masters degree in history, you might have one, I do not know. All i am saying is I don`t believe you, this is getbig, i hear wild claims all day.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »
Onetimehard seems to be on the brink.  :-\

I always try to be civil, man.  Calling me a keyboard warrior who lives in his moms basement is unnecessary.  Not only is it unoriginal but it makes no sense since I'm not being aggressive or insulting.  
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2013, 09:53:12 AM »
Lets assume, for the sake of argument, that there was a historical person called Jesus and he's not an amalgam. So what? This proves nothing important about Jesus, except that a historical figure named Jesus existed.

It doesn't prove he was born of a virgin, it doesn't prove he was God, it doesn't prove that be died and was resurrected.

So your point is... what exactly Dr. Hard?
I 100% agree with you, 100%, no less. Now, what was your point again?  ;D

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2013, 09:55:43 AM »
I 100% agree with you, 100%, no less. Now, what was your point again?  ;D

I just don't see what Josephus' writings have to do with this. At best they establish that some guy walked around saying "I'm Jesus, yo." And?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »
I always try to be civil, man.  Calling me a keyboard warrior who lives in his moms basement is unnecessary.  Not only is it unoriginal but it makes no sense since I'm not being aggressive or insulting.  
lmao, someone is sensitive and you claimed I was the one getting angry, wow.

That was a sarcastic remark and more of a friendly insult in retaliation of your assumptions that my info comes from some wild Christian site somewhere.

This was an even attack in regards to both of us. To judge me for it is being a hypocrite

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
Listen, I enjoyed this conversation very much. If you think this is beefing you in any way then you are crazy, this was civilized and I do respect your views, come on bro this was fun and my word I was not insulted once and I hope you weren't`t either.

But to be fair I must keep it real and owe you at least my honesty, I do not believe you have a masters degree in history, you might have one, I do not know. All i am saying is I don`t believe you, this is getbig, i hear wild claims all day.

I understand that you wouldn't believe me, this is getbig.  I really do have have a masters in Asian studies from U of M.  I'm 36, do not live in my parents basement and I own my home in a quaint small town in Michigan.  
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2013, 09:57:54 AM »
I just don't see what Josephus' writings have to do with this. At best they establish that some guy walked around saying "I'm Jesus, yo." And?
Hey bro i am not the one who argued that  ???

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »
Onetimehard lets his faith dictate his findings. We are all arguing "what ifs" here.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »
I understand that you wouldn't believe me, this is getbig.  I really do have have a masters in Asian studies from U of M.  I'm 36, do not live in my parents basement and I own my home in a quaint small town in Michigan.  
I know you don`t live in your parents basement, jeez

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2013, 09:59:21 AM »
lmao, someone is sensitive and you claimed I was the one getting angry, wow.

That was a sarcastic remark and more of a friendly insult in retaliation of your assumptions that my info comes from some wild Christian site somewhere.

This was an even attack in regards to both of us. To judge me for it is being a hypocrite

I have read your position on a Christian website as well as from books on Christian apologetics.  It wasnt an insult to assume that is where you derived your opinion.  From my perspective it made sense since that is the only place I've ever seen it seriously discussed.
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
Onetimehard lets his faith dictate his findings. We are all arguing "what ifs" here.
what makes you say that?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2013, 10:01:08 AM »
I have read your position on a Christian website as well as from books on Christian apologetics.  It wasnt an insult to assume that is where you derived your opinion.  From my perspective it made sense since that is the only place I've ever seen it seriously discussed.
fair enough but it was still not classy for you to use that on me.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
what makes you say that?
Faith blurs everything. I hope everything about jesus/heaven proves to be true. I do not have faith that it does.  Hope and faith are two very different things.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2013, 10:04:05 AM »
fair enough but it was still not classy for you to use that on me.

I was hoping you would broaden your search criteria, is all.
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »
Faith blurs everything. I hope everything about jesus/heaven proves to be true. I do not have faith that it does.  Hope and faith are two very different things.
wrong, only the fundamentalist. the average Christians is no different then you.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2013, 10:07:30 AM »
I was hoping you would broaden your search criteria, is all.
I always try to.  :)

So we are good then, you are an awesome poster here bro, don`t want to be on your bad side.  8)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »
wrong, only the fundamentalist. the average Christians is no different then you.
What would you say if christianity was ever proven false?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2013, 10:10:43 AM »
I always try to.  :)

So we are good then, you are an awesome poster here bro, don`t want to be on your bad side.  8)

You're an awesome poster too......no homo.  I don't want to get on your bad side either.  We're good. 
A

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »
What would you say if christianity was ever proven false?
it already has been proven false for the most part

doesnt matter

religion is not about facts