Author Topic: should you train different while on te sause?  (Read 7265 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
should you train different while on te sause?
« on: October 11, 2013, 02:28:25 AM »
i'm a low volume HIT kinda guy and i usually just do 1 or 2 exercises per muscle group and 1 or 2 sets til failure per exercise while trying to apply progressive overload

but now i'm starting to wonder if pumping the muscle full of blood and nutrients might work better while on the sause?

i'm thinking about maybe focusing on increasing the weight on the 1st exercise per bodypart and then do maybe 2 more exercises but use them to focus on pumping the muscle up

so is it really possible to get bigger without increasing training loads while on?

shrek

• Getbig IV
Re: should you train different while on te sause?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »
You should be going balls to the wall and eating a good bit

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 10:44:45 AM »
sauce. if you can't spell it maybe you shouldn't do it......
sept 10th APF

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »
sauce. if you can't spell it maybe you shouldn't do it......

;D ;D ;D

sorry man, i guess that i was too excited posting this question out, seeing as i forgot the "h" in the as well LOL

You should be going balls to the wall and eating a good bit

what do you mean by "balls to the wall"?

it can mean a few different things actually

i was doing 1 or 2 very heavy sets til failure, but now i'm gonna switch up gears and try some sets of 15-20 reps for 3 or 4 hard sets per exercise and 2 or 3 exercises per bodypart

of course i'll still focus on progressive overload but it will be more like a volume overload since i'll be doing maybe 8-12 work sets per bodypart whereas before i only did maybe 3 or 4 work sets per bodypart

nasht5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »
he prob means  20 sets by 15reps per body part 3hrs aday everyday..... I would def add more sets in your routine.
sept 10th APF

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »
Yes Sir

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »
3 hour workouts ??? ??? ???

are you fellas serious here, or is it just some trolling on your part?

most peeps nowadays recommend not spending more than 1 hour in the gymnasium

nasht5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 02:45:22 PM »
3 hour workouts ??? ??? ???

are you fellas serious here, or is it just some trolling on your part?

most peeps nowadays recommend not spending more than 1 hour in the gymnasium

sorry sheldon, next time i'll hold up a "sarcasm" sign...
sept 10th APF

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 02:48:22 PM »
When I was natty I used to go for 2 ed and would work one major body part .....6 exercises 4 sets now days an hour to hour and half and would work ex. chest tris bis , back bis and legs delts I usually work traps with back and then on another day bis tris shoulders

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 03:12:53 PM »
yeah, 90 minutes max

it seems that the old-school 70's fellas were doing 3 or 4 exercises per bodypart with 4 or 5 working sets per exercise, so that basically ends up being 12-20 sets per bodypart

i'll start at the lower end and then go up if need be, and here's an old-school arm that i'll be "gunning for" ;D

and btw, it feels damn good to finally be looking like a bodybuilder 8)

noway55

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
The more hormones you're on the less training matters.

I personally dislike HIT and like higher volume routines.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 02:28:23 AM »
Me personally I just go heavier some times will on gear and have more fun. like I will just do things that would hurt my joints more if I wasn't on NPP and test. Like curl 100 pound barbell with perfect form. Or do some crazy leg work outs.... I get my best work outs personally when I just get insanely motivated and go do pyramid sets from heavy weight to the lowest weight I can move. I try to lift heavy for 3 sets of each exercise than I go to failure and usually move the weight down with no rest period what so ever tell I am just curling like 5 pounds. Lol it looks funny as fuck to see a big guy not be able to curl 5 pounds when his muscles are just dead from the work out. Ha ha ha I have pyramided down so low before I had skinny fitness girls lifting more than me who were standing next to me. but Also I have stacked up as much weight as I could find on the gym and have friends stand on top of machines to. To add additional weight. I think it is just a matter of mixing up high reps and low reps. And making sure to mold the muscle to the right shape. I mean you can have the biggest fucking biceps but if you never train to develop a peak even if it is a genetic week point it will never look as good as they could.

I say just mix every thing up do heavy days do light days. Do insane repetitions. Just keep mixing things up and you will find what works and when it stops mix it up more.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 03:19:44 AM »
I always train harder when im on than off. Like i do more pyramid seta on should flyes with barbels (dont kbow the english eorf for it). I take 3 diff weighrs barbelsm one light one medium and one par of heavy barbells. Then i go like this : 8reps light, 8reps medium, 8 reps heavy, 8 reps medium, 8 reps light =40 reps that i do for 3 sets. No way i would do so much excercises like that when im off

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »
The main thing is the intensity level.... on or off you have to push it to your limits it just seems like you are doing it differently when juiced up but in reality it does boast your strength and recovery time so you are able to go heavier and more often but if you work out properly while of your intensity level should be the same " IE TRY AS HARD AS YOU CAN ALL THE TIME" off or on

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 06:30:12 AM »
IE TRY AS HARD AS YOU CAN ALL THE TIME" off or on

easier said than done

sometimes i think about taking some strong stims before training but that probably ain't the best idea seeing as stims jack up your blood pressure

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 07:17:14 AM »
That's what TNE is for lol.

noway55

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 08:30:15 AM »
That's what TNE is for lol.

One of the few pre-WOs worth using  ;D

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »
easier said than done

sometimes i think about taking some strong stims before training but that probably ain't the best idea seeing as stims jack up your blood pressure
everything is easier said then done ....... so either get it done or not .... its black and white no grey .... I know so many people that only workout hard while on gear I workout hard on off during a holiday rain or shine except if I'm hungover

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 11:20:14 AM »
The problem I have with this topic is should I train different while on sauce ? You shouldn't be dmtarining different ever train the same effort all the time... 100% is 100% just while on it gives you 150% results.... remember 45lb plate weighs the same either way

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
If that doesn't sink in then we can't help you much ....... I just had a conversation during lunch on what I did to put on size and I leaned in and said TUNA with a grin and what was the reaction I got? A very confused look and disbelief...... was I telling the truth fuck yeah I was but that seem too simple , there has to be some magic trick I know to put on size..... theres no fucking trick its eat big lift big get big and if you are on hormones EAT BIGGER LIFT BIGGER GET BIGGER no easier said then done its what it is

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
the point of the question is something like this...

it seems that while on roids one can train kinda light and just pump and pump and make thier muscles more cosmetic ie. look like a bodybuilder

i did chest and tris today and i pumped out 4 sets of 20 reps with a whopping 110 pounds and my pecs were looking damn good

later i did a similar thing for tris with the same result

i look bigger and fuller now since i've started this "light pumping" stuff

i just want to look good ie. have cosmetic muscles and i don't give a fuck about being "strong"

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »
Well I have no words of enlightenment for your type of thinking ...... I guess do whatever you feel works for whatever goal you want ...... but what your asking now is for a rep by set by exercise suggestion which I believe should go to the training board cause this has nothing to do with steroid/hardcore info

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
I just re read your first post and the post with pic..... and I will say that you shouldn't have to use gear to look like a bodybuilder .... the gear comes into play when you max out your natural muscle mass and the training you described is in no disrespect is JUNK for physique I wish someone would chime in other then me

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 02:20:27 PM »
come on man, you can't look that that fella naturally, no way in hell

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 02:41:28 PM »
I used to do HIT... I have found that not only does increased volume seem to spare injuries much better, that I see much better results when on low doses.

My opinion is to up the volume when training on...... But I don't have a shitton of experience with juice.