Author Topic: How to squat  (Read 16582 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: How to squat
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 01:43:52 AM »
I'm guessing you've never squatted ass to grass in your life.

woa there fuckface.

you've been "working out" for what? 2 years? getting ready for your first "cycle"? and you're accusing me of not squatting ass to the ground? you stupid fucking moron. i'll out-squat your punk ass 7 days a week.

I fucking TEACH people to squat for a fucking living you punk bitch... 7 days a fucking week. i'll bet dollars to doughnuts that I have 55yr old ladies with better squat form than you... with your MuscularDevelopment and FLEX magazine squat-form knowledge.

bitch.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 01:46:59 AM »
Well, that is 120lb guy squatting 576lb, so he has to be done something right to get that level of strength? I mean that among the 250-350lb getbiggers that is impossible task. And how deep is that squat, no no, no can do with those knees already breaking to pieces under the weight of the lard ass and beer belly. But hey, we can be smartasses and criticize the way he is squatting, even we clearly don't know shit about the matter  ;D

wouldn't say that's not a good squat... what I meant was I think he's leaving some chips on the table.... at least in THAT pic. I've never seen him actually SQUAT. never seen him squat in training, or in a meet, however, in that pic, I think he was leaving a little on the table.... and i'd seriously doubt that's his 'max', i'm sure he has another 70-110lbs left in the tank.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 01:57:51 AM »
woa there fuckface.

you've been "working out" for what? 2 years? getting ready for your first "cycle"? and you're accusing me of not squatting ass to the ground? you stupid fucking moron. i'll out-squat your punk ass 7 days a week.

I fucking TEACH people to squat for a fucking living you punk bitch... 7 days a fucking week. i'll bet dollars to doughnuts that I have 55yr old ladies with better squat form than you... with your MuscularDevelopment and FLEX magazine squat-form knowledge.

bitch.

Calm the fuck down you make yourself look even more retarded spazing out like a little teenage bitch. You may know how to squat fine - i do not doubt this nor your ability to teach lay people how to squat - but it's obvious as shit from your commentary that you don't know how to squat olympic weightlifting style or why they squat in that particular way.

A

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 01:59:51 AM »
Calm the fuck down you make yourself look even more retarded spazing out like a little teenage bitch. You may know how to squat fine - i do not doubt this nor your ability to teach lay people how to squat - but it's obvious as shit from your commentary that you don't know how to squat olympic weightlifting style or why they squat that way.

nevermind the hours I've spent talking to Kelly starrett about Olympic squat/weightlifting... or are you saying you're a better mentor? ::)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 02:08:49 AM »
nevermind the hours I've spent talking to Kelly starrett about Olympic squat/weightlifting... or are you saying you're a better mentor? ::)

Who is this crossfit guy Kelly Starrett in the Olympic Weightlifting world and how many world record holders has he produced?

You do understand that you and kelly crossfit are critiquing a china man who has been coached under one of the most elite weightlifting programs in the world? You do realize that china man has been squatting barbells since the age you were playing with tonka trucks in the dirt ?
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 02:13:34 AM »
Oldtimer1 is that a pic of Lu Xiaojun? The world record holder with his total and snatch that doesn't know how to olympic squat properly according to ESF and Kelly crossfit?
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2013, 02:24:43 AM »
How would you suggest I learn the mechanics of a proper squat? I've read a lot on bodybuilding, but I still don't understand how it all works as far as legs/hip go.  :-\

head on over to the Westside man, and maybe even Louie will end up introducing you to these fine ladies

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2013, 02:33:55 AM »
Oldtimer1 is that a pic of Lu Xiaojun? The world record holder with his total and snatch that doesn't know how to olympic squat properly according to ESF and Kelly crossfit?

Yes, that is from the training room at the World Weight Lifting Championships, which happens next week.

Here's North Korea's own Om Yun Chol fronting #165 -

He also Cleans and Jerks #168, 3x his 56 kg weight.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 02:45:31 AM »

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 02:57:16 AM »

Pisarenko looks deep in thought, perhaps about lunch.

Video that goes with first picture -

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2013, 03:00:17 AM »
A

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2013, 03:02:22 AM »

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2013, 03:04:21 AM »

Would never have a good total, his oilceps wouldn't let him get good rack position.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 03:17:00 AM »
Btw its cool to have some weightlifting guys around here. Wouldn't expect that on getbig.
A

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2013, 03:23:41 AM »
400lbs @ 160lbs, ATG, do I qualify as a lifter here?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2013, 04:29:11 AM »
Who is this butt hurt wolfox and why is he melting down everytime I post following me around like a lost puppy?
pretty sure hes a shizzo gimmick..... judging by his posting style use of that stupid fucking jpg.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2013, 04:29:34 AM »

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2013, 04:30:31 AM »
read or google or youtube Kelly starrett

If you like Kelly Starrett then you would know he is an advocate for pointing toes out when squatting.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 06:57:03 AM »
His knees are way frontwards of his toes, is that okay? ???

His knee positioning is perfect.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2013, 07:28:50 AM »
Maybe you guys should contact Chinese coaches and offer them your advise?

Trolling aside, you do realize guys that Chinese are dominant force in weightlifting and they pretty much reinvented classic technique of some of the lifts, including squats? He does not squat ass to grass, he could go lower BUT he does not bounce off the bottom. Chinese believe that bouncing is bad. They also don't put that much emphasis on the squat. They only squat when they believe that more quad power is needed.

His form is perfect, absolutely fucking flawless.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2013, 08:03:07 AM »
getbiggers criticize how bad an olympic weightlifting champion's squat form

classic

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2013, 08:27:34 AM »

classic

Fuck his titles, Chinese have everything down to science. They analyze every tiny bit of each movement to make it as effective as possible. Some of you also don't fucking get that he is a WEIGHTLIFTER, he does not give a single fuck how much he squat if it does not translate to stronger snatch. I have seen some American weightlifters squatting crazy weights but with pulling very hard with their back. Notice how straight is every Chinese. They know that it will carry over to snatch if and only if they are perfectly straight. Not even mentioning how much safer it is on the spine.

These guys are fucking beasts. On top of their regular training they have wrestling classes, ping pong classes, everything. They workout for hours and hours daily since many, many years, eat more than Gay4It and inject as much as Coleman.

BTW this guy does weighted dips with +75kg for 8 full, clean reps :D I can do around 8 with +50kg and my bench is around 130kg. It means that his bench should be around 150kg. With his squat and probably beastly pull he could own every powerlifting competition to oblivion in his weight class.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »
Yes, that is from the training room at the World Weight Lifting Championships, which happens next week.

Here's North Korea's own Om Yun Chol fronting #165 -

He also Cleans and Jerks #168, 3x his 56 kg weight.

I NEVER teach squat with head/eyes looking up.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »
Problem for me is my knees, squats kill em. Suggestions? Im fairly tall 6'2"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2013, 08:36:30 AM »