Author Topic: Dealing with depression  (Read 38306 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Dealing with depression
« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2013, 12:06:05 PM »
MOS has helped me a lot these past few days.  Until very recently I had lost my faith and that was not God's fault it was mine.  I was in the worst condition spiritually, emotionally, and psychologically that i have ever been in.  I prayed for help and went to church for the first time since childhood.  Mock me all you want, but I saw the light finally.  There is hope for the most wretched and tormented of us all.  You just need to stop closing your heart and accept that God WILL guide you and make you stronger.  It is not some psychological trick, it is real.  If you are truly clinically depressed, get medical help like MOS said, but if it is a spiritual depression you are in ask God for help.  I am not instantly cured or suddenly better than anyone else, but I am better than the guy I used to be.  I finally woke up and saw that God does not hate me, He does not want me to suffer, He wants me to live in the light and the only way is through his Grace.  I finally get it.  It took me 35 years, but I get it.  To anyone who is in chaos and torment, God is closest to you at that exact moment.  Ask Him to give you strength.
I'm always in chaos....all gods fault.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2013, 01:25:24 PM »
I'm always in chaos....all gods fault.

i thought you were always in chiro  :-X
T

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2013, 01:36:31 PM »

Poor chiro...the new Y guy getting passed around.

chess315

« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2013, 01:47:23 PM »
 Don't sweat the small stuff most people sit around worrying about everything half of which they have no control over.

If your not flat broke
 in jail/prison
 disabled

You don't have a lot to worry about and the first one is easy to fix.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

how long ago did this happen Dago?

i'm going through the same thing right now, and the worst part is the only one u can blame is yourself which is utter torture.
It's not torture, just man up and deal with it.  And dago is full of shit .  He is simply pissed off because he acted like a cun+ and lost someone he cared about, he is upset that he feels punished for this.  He doesn't seek forgiveness, he simply wants to not hurt anymore because of him acting like a twat, but if he pushed others way with his anger and hostility, he deserves what he gets.  Dago, now that he has found the light sounds more tormented than ever.

Forgiveness, simply described it's letting go of wanting revenge on the other (it has nothing to do with God).  So if you are seeking forgiveness from someone else you have to redeem yourself, if they still don't let go of their resentment towards you there isn't much you can do.  Life isn't perfect, and it is more about learning to live with complex emotions than it is being restored to a balanced equilibrium.
V

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »
Now that was funny  ;D

See, no bias.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:24 PM »

Poor chiro...the new Y guy getting passed around.

Pack of Marlboros?

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2013, 07:27:31 PM »
Prayer is really helpful.  If you're in a depressed state, your body and mind will resist prayer but keep trying.
Breath deeply and focus on the lower part of your body (to even out all the tension from your upper part, e.g. focus on feeling the blood flow in your legs).  When praying, pray for OTHER PEOPLE more than for yourself.  Think your way into their heart and soul and be as sincere as you can be.  I am Christian so I use the Trinity, sometimes I feel like I am addressing the Father, sometimes the Son, and sometimes the Holy Spirit.  I know this sounds very corny but I have found that prayer can really get us outside ourselves, and thus helps with the blues.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2013, 07:33:46 PM »
Prayer is really helpful.  If you're in a depressed state, your body and mind will resist prayer but keep trying.
Breath deeply and focus on the lower part of your body (to even out all the tension from your upper part, e.g. focus on feeling the blood flow in your legs).  When praying, pray for OTHER PEOPLE more than for yourself.  Think your way into their heart and soul and be as sincere as you can be.  I am Christian so I use the Trinity, sometimes I feel like I am addressing the Father, sometimes the Son, and sometimes the Holy Spirit.  I know this sounds very corny but I have found that prayer can really get us outside ourselves, and thus helps with the blues.
Prayer doesn't work.  It's simply wishful thinking for the ignorant.  If prayer worked nobody would have any problems.  Prayer has been debunked in so many studies as too not even be funny.

Save your time and learn about whatever condition afflicts you, education and knowledge will provide far greater benefit than wishing it wasn't so.
V

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2013, 08:04:59 PM »
Alot of this is habit, you are doing the same shit, thinking the same way and expecting major change.They say it takes 30 days to break a habit and create a new one, do different things to what you have been doing for 30 days and make a list of goals you want to achieve in 30 days and read them every morning and evening.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2013, 08:40:15 PM »
Prayer is really helpful.  If you're in a depressed state, your body and mind will resist prayer but keep trying.
Breath deeply and focus on the lower part of your body (to even out all the tension from your upper part, e.g. focus on feeling the blood flow in your legs).  When praying, pray for OTHER PEOPLE more than for yourself.  Think your way into their heart and soul and be as sincere as you can be.  I am Christian so I use the Trinity, sometimes I feel like I am addressing the Father, sometimes the Son, and sometimes the Holy Spirit.  I know this sounds very corny but I have found that prayer can really get us outside ourselves, and thus helps with the blues.

Well said Sir, every word is right, YES pray for other people, it cannot be ME ME ME, I always wish others the best, even competitors, or people I don't get along with, I pray for them, I feel amazing every day.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »
Well said Sir, every word is right, YES pray for other people, it cannot be ME ME ME, I always wish others the best, even competitors, or people I don't get along with, I pray for them, I feel amazing every day.

Didnt you sack a fatty because she was fat?Then laughed at her?lol

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2013, 09:00:58 PM »
overthinking/getting into avanced theories aka falcon territory can lead one open for depression

while it is great to compile advanced theories, you move past your daily simple life routine of just enjoying life as you did when you were a kid

so when your depressed just do simple minded things and not think too much, just enjoy whatever your doing, when in depression is not a time to be too 'advanced' in your way of thinking

there is a time to be advanced and open up to all the possibilites and be vulnerable to a quick onset of depression out of nowhere. just have this 'advanced thought' undercontrol where you can block it out and revert back to simpilar times or simpler ways

Great advice, and you set a great example -- in being a simpleton, that is.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »
Oh Brother!  You pray for other people because it makes you feel good, it is just another form of ME ME ME !  And praying for people who given a chance would crush you into oblivion goes against nature, it's an absurd act that your enemies would laugh at and see it is a pathetic weakness.  You feel amazing everyday because you are a spoiled and protected first world westerner whose greatest dilemma is deciding on what type of 42 different styles of coffee you want during your morning tea break.
V

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »
the book of mirdad

thank me later.

Osho:
There are millions of books in the world, but The Book of Mirdad stands out far above any other book in existence. It is unfortunate that very few people are acquainted with The Book of Mirdad, for the simple reason that it is not a religious scripture. It is a parable, a fiction, but containing oceanic truth.

It is a small book, but the man who gave birth to this book...and mind my words, I am not saying the man who wrote this book. Nobody wrote this book. I am saying the man who gave birth to this book -- he was an unknown, a nobody. And because he was not a novelist, he never wrote again; just that single book contains his whole experience. The name of the man was Mikhail Naimy.

It is an extraordinary book in the sense that you can read it and miss it completely, because the meaning of the book is not in the words of the book. The meaning of the book is running side by side in silence between the words, between the lines, in the gaps.

If you are in a state of meditativeness -- if you are not only reading a fiction but you are encountering the whole religious experience of a great human being, absorbing it; not intellectually understanding but existentially drinking it -- the words are there but they become secondary. Something else becomes primary: the silence that those words create, the music that those words create. The words affect your mind, and the music goes directly to your heart.

And it is a book to be read by the heart, not by the mind. It is a book not to be understood, but experienced. It is something phenomenal. Millions of people have tried to write books so that they can express the inexpressible, but they have utterly failed. I know only one book, The Book of Mirdad, which has not failed; and if you cannot get to the very essence of it, it will be your failure, not his.

He has created a perfect device of words, parables, situations. If you allow it, the book becomes alive and something starts happening to your being. And naturally, because you have never come to such a state, you are puzzled about what it is -- sadness? Blissfulness? There are tears, but those tears can be either of sadness or they can be of immense joy. You have come to a point where you have never been before, so naturally you cannot categorize it. You cannot put a label on it according to your old experiences. But the name does not mean anything. What matters is that you have taken a step beyond yourself. You have never been in this space; you have entered into the unknown, and it is so unknown that you don't have the vocabulary even to give it a name.

!

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #215 on: November 21, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
Great advice, and you set a great example -- in being a simpleton, that is.

Are you closed minded or stupid? You can be both too.
®

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2013, 11:29:29 PM »
Are you closed minded or stupid? You can be both too.

And you are a great example of that combo.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2013, 05:14:36 AM »
Didnt you sack a fatty because she was fat?Then laughed at her?lol

Yes I did, she was a slob and lazy, you would fire her too, but I wish shes a millionaire now.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2013, 05:17:27 AM »
Oh Brother!  You pray for other people because it makes you feel good, it is just another form of ME ME ME !  And praying for people who given a chance would crush you into oblivion goes against nature, it's an absurd act that your enemies would laugh at and see it is a pathetic weakness.  You feel amazing everyday because you are a spoiled and protected first world westerner whose greatest dilemma is deciding on what type of 42 different styles of coffee you want during your morning tea break.

I wish everyone the best, and I don't drink coffee.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2013, 06:08:27 AM »

Prayer doesn't work.  It's simply wishful thinking for the ignorant.  If prayer worked nobody would have any problems.  Prayer has been debunked in so many studies as too not even be funny.

Save your time and learn about whatever condition afflicts you, education and knowledge will provide far greater benefit than wishing it wasn't so.

"Health benefits, such as lower blood pressure, increased longevity, and reduced risk for depression, may occur in people who regularly practice their spiritual faith or who are part of a religious community."
http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/prayer-topic-overview

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2013, 06:19:31 AM »
Yes I did, she was a slob and lazy, you would fire her too, but I wish shes a millionaire now.
Maybe you should have prayed for her to become motivated and efficient, would have saved you sacking her.  Or does prayer only work on certain things.
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2013, 09:23:42 AM »
Oh Brother!  You pray for other people because it makes you feel good, it is just another form of ME ME ME !  And praying for people who given a chance would crush you into oblivion goes against nature, it's an absurd act that your enemies would laugh at and see it is a pathetic weakness.  You feel amazing everyday because you are a spoiled and protected first world westerner whose greatest dilemma is deciding on what type of 42 different styles of coffee you want during your morning tea break.

It's not torture, just man up and deal with it.  And dago is full of shit .  He is simply pissed off because he acted like a cun+ and lost someone he cared about, he is upset that he feels punished for this.  He doesn't seek forgiveness, he simply wants to not hurt anymore because of him acting like a twat, but if he pushed others way with his anger and hostility, he deserves what he gets.  Dago, now that he has found the light sounds more tormented than ever.

Forgiveness, simply described it's letting go of wanting revenge on the other (it has nothing to do with God).  So if you are seeking forgiveness from someone else you have to redeem yourself, if they still don't let go of their resentment towards you there isn't much you can do.  Life isn't perfect, and it is more about learning to live with complex emotions than it is being restored to a balanced equilibrium.

Darkness has a stronghold on you my friend.  The twisted truth you often present attests to it.  

It sincerely pains me to witness it because I believe you to be a good man.  

It had one on me once before and Jesus Christ took it from me.  You and I have spoken before and I'm happy to do it again.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2013, 09:27:08 AM »
Darkness has a stronghold on you my friend.  The twisted truth you often present attests to it.  

It had one on me once before and Jesus Christ took it from me.  You and I have spoken before and I'm happy to do it again.

how did jesus take it from you

do you mean your belief in him gave you the strength to change

it might be argued that you always had that inner strength just needed a catalyst

which in your case just happened to be religion
T

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2013, 09:50:42 AM »
how did jesus take it from you

do you mean your belief in him gave you the strength to change

it might be argued that you always had that inner strength just needed a catalyst

which in your case just happened to be religion

I was in the lowest point in my life and was contemplating suicide daily.  I was already slowly dying and didn't know it (results of injury and surgery....longer story  ;).  I was fully depressed, angry, bitter and fearful.  I was irrational and unloving and ready to be done with it all.  The bleakest moments would come and go, but the darkness enveloped me when alone at night.....it was a tangible presence of oppression outside of myself I didn't choose but had a stronghold on me. 

Finally in desperation I surrendered to the Lord and his glory and presence enveloped me and filled me and chased away the oppression and illogical dread.  I didn't will away the oppression.....I was delivered from it!!  All I did was call upon on the Lord in humility, in faith and in surrender and his powerful presence caused the darkness to flee!! 

From that point forward I was changed and I now live for the Lord and encourage others to do the same.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:09 PM »

If it comforts you to believe that fine.  I see religion as poison and those who follow it as miserable lost souls.  And religion and prayer don't even deserve to be called a twisted version of truth, they are boldface lies. Just as you see me in darkness, that's the way I see you and other people so taken with religion.  I am happy with the level of awareness and enlightenment I have attained.  I walk around with eyes wide open, I have no need for others pity and I accept life the way it is and not the way I want it to be.  

I kind of laugh when you offer up help, as I feel it is you who is in need of it, but the stranglehold of religion has closed your mind.  I like my humaneness, I am not trying to mold life into an enjoyable, comfortable ride. I am not seeking happiness, or god or any of that.  I seek to develop my mind as for as possible, I find it sufficient to pursue the areas of interest that captivate me, to expand in the way that I like, that I am comfortable with.   I need no god to take the raw edge off living, all emotions are equally valid and worthy of exploration, I see god botherers as escape artists, trying to avoid the harsher realities of life, to escape the experience and therefore the vital lesson contained within.  Simply put, it is just another psychological defense mechanism to cope with the ups and downs of life.

My guess is it bothers you to have someone ridicule your faith and superstitious practises so vehemently and with such passion that your only choice is to tell yourself they are a dark lost soul incapable of understanding God and his grace.  While you see the darkness as something to flee from and seek solace and comfort in God, I see as a remarkable opportunity to explore and discover life more deeply, to live more richly, to move further towards a deep understanding of life.  My goal isn't to live a comfortable live with the assistance of a divine being, but to live a REAL LIFE, complete with unsolvable dilemmas and extreme difficulties.  Your sales pitch of your life once being dark but is now filled with God's light doesn't appeal to someone like me, if anything it sounds like an outright terrible existence.  I embrace my darkness !!!  I see moving to the light as going in the wrong direction.
V