Author Topic: Dr. Ben Carson on Presidential Bid: The Good Lord Has a Plan  (Read 18518 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Dr. Ben Carson on Presidential Bid: The Good Lord Has a Plan
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2015, 05:28:49 PM »
I see.  So you either knowingly or unwittingly posted a false quote attributed to Dr. Carson, and you cannot man and up and admit it (again). 

False quotes only *just now* bother you, but not when you were cheerleading the king of false quotes (again).

"I see".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »
False quotes only *just now* bother you, but not when you were cheerleading the king of false quotes (again).

"I see".

It's ok.  I know you routinely get fooled by false quotes on the internet.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2015, 05:58:44 PM »
It's ok.  I know you routinely ignore false quotes when they are about Dems.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2015, 10:56:44 AM »
girls, girls, please!

you're both pretty; calm down!
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2015, 01:39:07 PM »
girls, girls, please!

you're both pretty; calm down!

:o  :D

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2015, 04:25:51 AM »
I hope he stays involved.  We need people like him involved with public policy. 

Dr. Ben Carson on Presidential Bid: The Good Lord Has a Plan
Thursday, 05 Dec 2013
By Bill Hoffmann

Renowned neurosurgeon Ben Carson inched closer to declaring a 2016 run for the White House on Thursday, saying that while he never expected to seek public office, "the good Lord had a different plan for me."

Asked by Steve Malzberg on Newsmax TV about several grass-roots campaigns to draft him for a presidential run on the Republican ticket, Carson said:

"As far as my running for public office, that was never my intention. I thought when I retired I was going to play golf and learn how to play an organ.

"But, obviously, the good Lord had a different plan for me. I will obviously listen, but that is not what I really had intended to do."

Carson, the former chief for pediatric neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins Children's Center, said his goal is to "make sure the American people have their eyes open and recognize what's happening and understand that we the people are not each other's enemies.

"The enemies are those people jerking everybody's chains and trying to make them think they're enemies and driving in wedges at particular … to divide and conquer."

Carson opposes President Barack Obama's ongoing call for a $2.85 hike in the federal minimum wage, which currently stands at $7.25 an hour, or around $15,000 a year.

"No one should expect to start out making a lot of money … I worked many, many jobs as a youngster growing up in Detroit. Many of them didn't even pay minimum wage but what they did pay me was an opportunity for me to gain significant experience," Carson said.

"In one case, I took a job as a lab assistant at my high school but I learned enough that I was able to compete successfully against college kids for a lab position at a university when I was still in high school. I couldn't have gotten that if I hadn't done the various low-wage jobs.

He said Americans need to "recognize that there's an actual progression that occurs as you make yourself more valuable.

"But you have to have some place to start and if we make that learning place a point where employers have to pay you more than you actually bring to the job … what that is doing is hurting particularly our young people. They need a place to start. So we have to be able to look at the big picture."

Carson also spoke of the value of reading and urged people to limit the amount of time they watch television.

"I've been asking [people to] promise themselves that they will subtract half an hour or an hour a day from their television watching and read," he said.

"Learn something, pick up an American history book, a world history book, an algebra book, something. You would be amazed at how much you will know after a year of just doing that."

He said he picked up the habit from his mother.

"My mother observed as … she worked as a domestic cleaning other people's houses, [that] these tended to be very successful people and where we lived there tended to be a lot of unsuccessful people," Carson said.

"She noticed they read a lot and they didn't look at a lot of television and they didn't waste a lot of time. So she came home and imposed that upon us. We were, of course, quite disgruntled.

"Her friends just criticized her severely. 'You can't make boys stay in the house and read books! They'll grow up but they'll hate you. I would say, mother you know they're right, but she wasn't going to listen to that. We had to do it."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ben-carson-president-lord-plan/2013/12/05/id/540340#ixzz2mioPn2C8

80% of BLACK households have NO father figure present. Who's fault is that ? Are whites responsible for a BLACK mens inability to care for their offspring? Blame everyone but YOURSELF.

Black Lives Matter...........my ass.

Just another BS slogan.

"Papa was a rolling stone, wherever he laid his hat was his home". ( Black musicians sang about this behavior in the 60's, and nothing has changed)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2015, 10:25:53 AM »
Pat Robertson has already said God told him Dr. Carson will win and be the president.
might as well close all these political threads.
w

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2015, 01:05:55 AM »
Pat Robertson has already said God told him Dr. Carson will win and be the president.
might as well close all these political threads.

Yeah, well... you know, it was probably just a bad cellular connection because God was driving through an area with poor coverage and Pat's hearing isn't shitty to begin with.

So what God really was saying was: "PATTY-POO, I WAS JUST OVER AT CARSON'S SALON WITH MY BFF CHARLENE GETTING MANI-PEDIS AND GUESS WHO WALKS IN? THE DEVIL! WE WERE BOTH LIKE OMG, HE'S SO SEXY AND HOT AND... PAT? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME!? AHH, MOTHERFUCKING HT&T!"

And what Pat heard was: "PAT... CARSON.. HEAR ME!"

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2015, 06:01:50 AM »
Yeah, well... you know, it was probably just a bad cellular connection because God was driving through an area with poor coverage and Pat's hearing isn't shitty to begin with.

So what God really was saying was: "PATTY-POO, I WAS JUST OVER AT CARSON'S SALON WITH MY BFF CHARLENE GETTING MANI-PEDIS AND GUESS WHO WALKS IN? THE DEVIL! WE WERE BOTH LIKE OMG, HE'S SO SEXY AND HOT AND... PAT? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME!? AHH, MOTHERFUCKING HT&T!"

And what Pat heard was: "PAT... CARSON.. HEAR ME!"

I'm going to enjoy your posts !
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »
is it sane to believe, is that the question? the wording is awkward.

Believing in a god is fine, no one knows, I know this because I don't know, i am a human. Humans cannot talk to god quite clearly, so anyone claiming so is likely delusional.

For example, it's god's plan to nurture dr carson to the POTUS, while simultaneously hatching a plan for childhood leukaemia, it makes no sense. The lack of sense is how we can tell delusion, facts and reality matter, a schizo is indistinguishable from a believer if they are pious enough.

You can't have people claiming to talk to god running shit, I want to hear he is in control, not fucking taking orders from his subconscious.

No, you're talking about mere belief in a supernatural being that could've created all we know.

But religious people don't have typically have that mere belief, they also believe that God has communicated either directly to them or via a prophet the way things are supposed to be.  They have entire rituals for worship, prayer, and the like.

So why aren't they considered insane?  But somebody who claims such direct communication is insane?

I do the same thing myself, I just find it a paradox in labeling such people, lol.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2015, 09:22:52 AM »
I can see the Left getting real flustered trying to find a way to label him a racist ;D

Good one :)...usually black Republicans are very stupid, ignorant and naive......Dr. Carson already raised eyebrows when he said that Homosexuality is a choice because prisoners have sex in prison

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »

No, you're talking about mere belief in a supernatural being that could've created all we know.

But religious people don't have typically have that mere belief, they also believe that God has communicated either directly to them or via a prophet the way things are supposed to be.  They have entire rituals for worship, prayer, and the like.

So why aren't they considered insane?  But somebody who claims such direct communication is insane?

I do the same thing myself, I just find it a paradox in labeling such people, lol.

It depends on how we define these things, are they insane in a psychotic manner? no, they are delusional.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2015, 10:05:50 AM »

It's especially touching when they claim "it's all part of God's plan" and then turn around bitching nonstop about the outcome of certain events.  For people who trust in this invisible being unconditionally, they sure don't have a lot of faith in his decisions.