Author Topic: i prefer dumbels for flat bench and barbells for incline press - speak on this  (Read 7699 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
15 said that the hammer incline is one of the best chest movements in existence

dunno about that but I will say I really feel the pecs contracting on the incline hammer. I use dumbells for flat then hammer for incline...easiest in the shoulders.
A

wild willie

• Getbig V
15 said that the hammer incline is one of the best chest movements in existence
x2......I agree wholeheartedly!

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
well he did some but he sucked at them

a few shitty power reps with 5 plates

vs

12 smooth as butter reps with 200lbs dumbels

Yes but Ronald has a superior weapon to rely on to make him huge, that you and I do not:  NEGRO GENES.
Seriously, look at pics of Flex Wheeler, Ronald, Levrone, Shawn Ray, etc.  The negro genes tend to create that look we all strive for but few achieve. 
Dumbells do work better imo.  I just feel the weight better and am not locked into one motion.  that is how i nearly tore my rotator cuff on a stupid fucking smith machine.  fuck those things!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Yes but Ronald has a superior weapon to rely on to make him huge, that you and I do not:  NEGRO GENES.
Seriously, look at pics of Flex Wheeler, Ronald, Levrone, Shawn Ray, etc.  The negro genes tend to create that look we all strive for but few achieve. 
Dumbells do work better imo.  I just feel the weight better and am not locked into one motion.  that is how i nearly tore my rotator cuff on a stupid fucking smith machine.  fuck those things!
sure negro is superior for bb

but i can live with dennis wolf jason cutler physic

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
dunno about that but I will say I really feel the pecs contracting on the incline hammer. I use dumbells for flat then hammer for incline...easiest in the shoulders.

try decline hammer when you're chest already pumped,the contraction is insane
T

Mawse

• Getbig IV
try decline hammer when you're chest already pumped,the contraction is insane

Agree with this, even though those machines aren't healthy for the shoulders.

doing them with a couple of plates a side and 'flexing' up the weight by squeezing your chest when it's fatigued gives an insane pump.

I stop a few inches off the bottom because the groove on those machines seems to be designed specifically to tear your RC's and separate your shoulder - the elbows go back and up and the shoulders internally rotate in the last few inches. I guess they figure 99% of users will bounce through that last range of motion so it wont be as bad?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
I got go with Don Kernodle on this.

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
I haven't benched with a barbell in months, all I do is one arm dumbbell floor presses. It prevents that last dangerous 2 inches of ROM that does fuck-all for the chest but grinds down the shoulder joint. Also I don't want to retear my pec muscle ever again

4-5 sets of 8-15 reps then a bunch of pumpy stuff with cables.

If I do 45 degree DB inclines I go light and squeeze them up, going over 100lbs on that lift almost always aggravates my shoulder.

disclaimer, my chest sucks and always has no matter what lifts or reps schemes I do.

Have you tried mgf in the pecs bro?
$

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Dumbbells are great for chest and Back too. you have more freedom with Bells and can rotate your Hands to suit yourself. When i had a small shoulder Problem i liked incline DB press rotating my Hands and i had no pain.

Kurt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I prefer using dumbells for all chest pressing movements. It simply feels like I am isolating the chest better. I also alternate between palms forward, and (mostly) palms facing each other. This cuts down on shoulder strain.
Stimulation, not annihilation is my stolen motto.   
It's probably a good thing I prefer using dumbells, as I train alone.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
I prefer using dumbells for all chest pressing movements. It simply feels like I am isolating the chest better. I also alternate between palms forward, and (mostly) palms facing each other. This cuts down on shoulder strain.
Stimulation, not annihilation is my stolen motto.   
It's probably a good thing I prefer using dumbells, as I train alone.
yes if you Train alone at least you can drop them out to the sides. Infact i remember doing full Body workouts just with a set of bells, a home made bench and extra plates to load a decent weight on Dumbbell squats and such. you can hit it all with Bells. sure you canīt load them like a barbell but the exercise variations are endless. David Gentle did some great articles and has a web site. I saw an article from him in the early 90īs which was great.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
posted it before but some great old School stuff in here....
http://www.davidgentle.com/articles/weights/dumbbells.htm

Kurt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
posted it before but some great old School stuff in here....
http://www.davidgentle.com/articles/weights/dumbbells.htm

Good stuff.... Thanks for the link.