Author Topic: Clueless CrossFit Trainer Takes on Disabled Client - this sickens me  (Read 24299 times)

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
Re: This sickens me (crossfit idiocy)
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
Who are you again? 

Getbig member just like you....Rather than defending CF blindly like you have been doing and trying to retort by pointing out the fallacies of BB you should focus on educating people like the moron in the video. Everyone here at getbig knows the absurdity that bodybuilding has become, we like the sport but we are not unwilling to point out its flaws, unlike crossfitters who can't seem to be anything other than pretentious when it comes to CF.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »
Getbig member just like you....Rather than defending CF blindly like you have been doing and trying to retort by pointing out the fallacies of BB you should focus on educating people like the moron in the video. Everyone here at getbig knows the absurdity that bodybuilding has become, we like the sport but we are not unwilling to point out its flaws, unlike crossfitters who can't seem to be anything other than pretentious when it comes to CF.

How have I been defending it blindly?

Perhaps you should take a step back and RE-READ some things Magoo and I have said about CF.  You will see there is criticism from us.  Now, in case you want to know...I was a BBer for 25 years.  Competed nearly all of them.  Last few years as a WNBF pro.  Only after being done with BBing did I stray to the dark side.  So, I have a tad insight into the bullshit that BBing is.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »
An athlete that is uninsured.

Coach, do you think the taxpayers will be footing his bills now?

Isn't he a Xfit celebrity?

I feel for the guy, I truly do.  But it is just downright irresponsible to not carry some form of insurance.

Honestly, I have no idea and do not know his financial situation.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 12:40:27 PM »
I'm curious to find out what that snatch event was. Was for reps? was it paired up with something else that would be a high CNS exercise? was it a circuit for AMRAP with no rest?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 12:42:32 PM »
And then there's this. Posted just today on FB...

http://www.crossfitinvictus.com/blog/our-thoughts-and-prayers-are-with-kevin-ogar/

Yep, no one ever had any sort of spinal injury from gymnastics, hockey, football, rodeo, NASCAR, diving, etc, etc  Regardless, you going to talk some shit in light of someone being injured like that?? 

Why are you curious Joe?  What impact does it have on you?  You are soooo technical too.  "High CNS exercise"   ::)

Still waiting on your replies to my statements earlier Joseph.  Remember...the responses should come from you..not your well qualified staff.   ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 12:53:45 PM »
Yep, no one ever had any sort of spinal injury from gymnastics, hockey, football, rodeo, NASCAR, diving, etc, etc  Regardless, you going to talk some shit in light of someone being injured like that?? 

Why are you curious Joe?  What impact does it have on you?  You are soooo technical too.  "High CNS exercise"   ::)

Still waiting on your replies to my statements earlier Joseph.  Remember...the responses should come from you..not your well qualified staff.   ;)

This is worse than trying to reason with a liberal. What statements? You posted so much irrelevant bullshit I'm sure i overlooked it.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
id train her with my meat bat

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
This is worse than trying to reason with a liberal. What statements? You posted so much irrelevant bullshit I'm sure i overlooked it.

Oooooo....comparing this to a political debate.   ::)  For me, debating with you is like debating with an irrational woman (pretty redundant, I know).  She will always come back with comments like "what are you talking about"....then make some tangent elsewhere instead of addressing the absolute facts.

Irrelevant = your accusation the girl was being exploited. (which you have yet to demonstrate how she was)
Irrelevant = you bringing up chiro's and the alleged "practicing out of their scope"
Irrelevant = bringing up the continuing education / certification thing (the thing you will be doing till the die you die  ::))
Irrelevant = mentioning how much your "trainees" can squat without being injured

Still waiting on you to tell everyone where she should have researched.....
Still waiting on you to fess up that you probably know less than jack shit about training someone with cerebral palsy and therefore are talking out of your ass.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 10:15:55 PM »
Just to be clear. You think it's ok for someone with her condition, who can barely walk or clap above her head to do what's in the video? I don't need to be an expert to figure out that isn't the brightest of ideas. How was she exploited? Seriously?????

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 10:20:21 PM »
And then there's this. Posted just today on FB...

http://www.crossfitinvictus.com/blog/our-thoughts-and-prayers-are-with-kevin-ogar/
Damn shame that in America he has to beg for donations in order to pay for his care.  Great Healthcare system we have.  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 10:24:04 PM »
Damn shame that in America he has to beg for donations in order to pay for his care.  Great Healthcare system we have.  ::)

Yeah, because we all know anything would be free  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 10:30:36 PM »
Yeah, because we all know anything would be free  ::)
Ask Galeniko about his countries healthcare.  You may support the Health Insurance Industrial complex and Obamacare which strengthened it, I do not.  There are only three good things about Obamacare, it gives the States the freedom to set up their own Single Payer Universal system (which Vermont is doing), Eliminates pre-existing conditions and opens the marketplace to everyone which allows some "rebates" here and there.

Other than that, its pure shit and a Republican wet dream.  Its the same plan Bob Dole, Nixon and Mitt Romney advocated.  At least you are happy I guess.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 11:53:33 PM »
jamming yourself full of drugs in order to impress a crowd full of men by standing in a thong while covered in oil = much less idiotic.
lots of people bodybuild without drugs or publicly wearing a thong . CROSSFIT IS COMPLETELY STUPID AND DANGEROUS . I hope this helps

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 05:06:02 AM »
According to his friend, his spinal cord was severed in the T 11 / T 12 range which is low on the back.

The 8th event here is when he was injured -

Swim 25mts

10 Burpees
Swim 25mts
9 Burpees
Swim 25mts
8 Burpees
Swim 25mts
7 Burpees
Swim 25mts
6 Burpees
Swim 25mts
5 Burpees
Swim 25mts
4 Burpees
Swim 25mts
3 Burpees
Swim 25mts
2 Burpees
Swim 25mts
1 Burpees

Total points from:
Forty Yard Dash
Bench Press

Total points from:
Vertical Jump
Broad Jump
3 Cone Drill
Twenty Yard Shuttle

12-9-6

Squat Clean 210/130
Handstand Push-Ups

5 Min Clock x 3

Fran 95/65

Score: Slowest Fran
missing reps: 5 sec penalty

5 Minutes Per Round, no rest, other than your time faster than 5 min. Next Fran starts every 5 min.

3 mile run

mile 1 with two 1.5 pood/1 pood dumb-bell carry
mile 2 with one 1.5 pood/1pood dumb-bell carry
mile 3 with no carry

Separate score for event 7 – mile time without carry

Total points from:

3 round strength
Elimination series

a. touch and go 3 rep max snatch
b. touch and go three rep max hang clean
c. two rep max back squat

Triplet 1

50 Half Body Weight OHS
50 Calorie Assault Bike
20 weighted 20/14 Muscle Up

Triplet 2

50 back squat Half BW
50 DUBs heavy rope
50 Wallballs 30/20

Triplet 3

20 165/110 PowerSnatch
20 315/225 DeadLift

1 Cargo Net Ascent

22 ft Hand Over hand Traverse

9, 10 11 triplets performed consecutively with no rest in between

I'm usually a live and let live guy in regards to this stuff, but you've got to watch the programming on these things. This is some mighty ugly programing, with a complex movement after all the other stuff.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 05:18:03 AM »
Just to be clear. You think it's ok for someone with her condition, who can barely walk or clap above her head to do what's in the video? I don't need to be an expert to figure out that isn't the brightest of ideas. How was she exploited? Seriously?????

Just to be clear...why can't you simply answer anything that that was asked of you?  Perhaps its because you can't?  Because when challenged you simply can not back your own position up but rather you will deflect the whole thing in another direction.  You lack the ability....you lack the knowledge...you basically lack the balls.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 05:34:12 AM »

There is a reason why we don't have injuries in my gym whether they squat the bar or 500lbs!!

All serious athletes get injured from time to time. Find me a strongman, powerlifter, weightlifter or bodybuilder who never gets injured. WHO do you train exactly?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 06:13:02 AM »
It would be interesting to see video of this.

Another thing that might of helped cause this is bad lay out and platform management, an injury at that low on the back is odd for a lost lift, so I looked and found this bit of scuttlebutt -

"I've watched it about 10x in slow mo and I've come to the conclusion that the weights being behind the platform is the cause. Weights on the side of the platform would have obviously been safer.

The barbell does not appear to hit him at any time on the way down as his back was almost vertical which would have made it almost impossible. He basically sat on his butt as he lost the weight behind him. As his butt makes contact with the ground the barbell clearly hits the stack of blue 45# plates behind his platform and comes right back into his lower back at which point you see him react. " .

That is interesting, and would certainly cause something like this. Very freaky deaky accident.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 06:29:37 AM »

Excellent post..

We make fun of everything on this board...Bodybuilding getting the lions share of s buse...followed by Shizzo.

But when the lens is put on Crossfit..the same few guys jump up and defend it every time.  Relax guys...I have nothing inherently against anything.  But when I see something blindingly stupid..whether its some idiotic crossfitter getting ran over by a car....or some fucking moron from Brazil with 5 gallons of synthol in their body...I laugh, make a snide remark and revel in their stupidity a bit.

You guys get so offended. And the "well bodybuilding is stupid too" argument s just silly.  We know.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 08:08:43 AM »
1) never did I say she was right....nor did I say she was wrong.  Find a post of mine where I said it. 

By not saying anything, you're defending the process.

2) How do you know she has less than 3yrs experience?  Maybe she has been lifting since she was 11yo....that counts as practical experience...doesnt it?

Of course I'm taking a guess, but she looks no older than 22-23. Now, even she's a little older how much experiance do you think she actually has? She admitted she had no Idea where to start with her.

3) Explain how the girl is being exploited and what does that have to do with me being a chiro?

She's being exploited by having cameras focused on HER during a session with what seems to be spectators, she obviously did a crossfit interview with the trainer basically saying crossfit is for everyone. As for you being a Chrio, you should be objective in your assessment of this instead of defending it. You of all people should know better even if your training experiance doesn't go that far beyond bodybuilding.

4) I seem to think that education ends when I get a degree?   I have to do more continuing ed than you do.  WAY more.  Nice try

I've consistantly put in a minimum of $7-10k year in CEU's. I lost track on how many I have. This isn't just for training, this includes seminars for physical threapy, spine health (I usually go Stuart McGill's).

5) Oh, so you want to throw the Chiro going out of their scope?  Please Joe...tell me how YOU know they are going out of their scope.  NOT that you were told...but you said you know some that went beyond their scope.  Give me an ortho issue that a chiro tried to resolve that they shouldn't.  

Usually starts with people that can't afford to go an ortho so they think a Chiro is the next best thing, fighters are a perfect example. Shoulder injuries, knee injuries that they are diagnosing that should be referred out even after the testing.

6) Again with the exploitation.  How is she is exploited?
7) Neurological connection?  You mean to tell me that the motor nerves normally present to certain muscles aren't there?  Or did you mean to say that the motor control centers of the brain were damaged?  Before you talk anymore out of your ass on something YOU should do your research on strength training / functional training on people cerebral palsy.  I will make it easy....check this out : http://www.pelinks4u.org/articles/bruns4_11.htm  While I may not agree with some of the things the affected girl was doing, the other things were not going to have a detrimental effect on her.  What, would you have preferred she was in leg braces and a helmet while one of your athletes pushes a sled right by her and then proceeds to use a hammer on a truck tire to show awesome he is? 

Who gives a flat flying fuck how much your athletes can squat?  You must have the BEST training place ever to NEVER have injuries.  Wow...so impressive.  Why don't you ever start a positive thread...or make a thread that will benefit someone rather than bashing EVERYTHING that goes against your ideals?  Serious answer to that one.

When you have injuries that occure in the gym then that trainer needs to re-assess that program. No, I haven't had training injuries and on field injuries are dramatically reduced as a result of good programs. Who has the best programs? The one's that have the best on field performance with the least amount of injuries at the end of a season.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:42 AM »
Just to be clear...why can't you simply answer anything that that was asked of you?  Perhaps its because you can't?  Because when challenged you simply can not back your own position up but rather you will deflect the whole thing in another direction.  You lack the ability....you lack the knowledge...you basically lack the balls.

Your turn.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 08:16:58 AM »
Why do I seldom see senior people performing crossfit?
Oh wait, never mind..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 08:33:03 AM »
All serious athletes get injured from time to time. Find me a strongman, powerlifter, weightlifter or bodybuilder who never gets injured. WHO do you train exactly?

90% of my clientele are high school, college and pro athletes. The rest are general population.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 09:05:46 AM »
My turn? 

1) By not saying anything I defended the process?  Try again Joe

2) So, utilizing your logic..if she started working out at age 11, she has 11 - 12 years of practical experience.  Whats wrong with her stating she didn't know where to start?  She is not arrogant and says she knows exactly what to do.  I have asked this of you already, but it bears repeating...have YOU ever trained or worked with someone with Cerebral Palsy?  Doubt you have.

3) Do you honestly know what being exploited means?  Perhaps you should go look the word up and try and re-answer this.

4) You spend $7000 on continuing education every year?  Why do I have a hard time believing that.  Hmmmm  You aren't a physical therapist...so why do you need certifications for physical therapy?  You said you employ those people.  Shouldn't they be taking those seminars?  Oh wait, I see what you are probably doing....you are spending the money so THEY can take those classes.  Then you basically use that as "your" experience.  Sound about right?

5) You failed to give me an example of out of the scope.  You gave a nice dance-around issue.  You said you know personally.  Should I quote what you originally said?

6) Avoidance...again

7) Avoidance / lack of response....typical.  Google-fu that shit Joe.

Why again did you find it necessary to point out how much your athletes squat?  What relevance was it to this story? 

You seriously can not expect people to believe that injuries ONLY occur in the gym due to poor programming.  Really???  Seriously??  On field injuries are reduced due to good programming.  Oh wow...impressive.  So with good programming, the guy getting hit lateral to medial in the knee would have less of a chance of tearing any soft tissue.  Hmm...good to know.

Should I say "your turn" or should I just chalk this up to your lack of a serious ability to directly respond to things.  If you do respond, please include some 40yd dash times or maybe some bench numbers.  That would be cool.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
I love MisterMagoo and Krankenstein, but Crossfit as a whole is garbage.  Sure, some elements are okay and decent but overall, cult crap that empowers women for some odd reason.