Author Topic: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...  (Read 35617 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...
« Reply #300 on: February 04, 2014, 01:16:31 PM »
I'm not battling anything

I've made no claims about any kind of culinary mastery and if people like shitty food (in terms of quality) then so be it

After eating clean for awhile most people notice how truly shitty most fast food tastes and how crappy they feel after they eat it

I would like to see this.

Not doubting you, I'd just like to see their thoughts, sounds interesting.  I would have thought intuitively that most high-level chefs would be quite dismissive of fare like McD's.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/worlds-most-popular-chef-says-i-fancy-a-mcdonalds-992273.html

World's most popular chef says, 'I fancy a McDonald's'
El Bulli verdict: Nobody can make a better burger for that price

By Martin Hickman, Consumer Affairs Correspondent
Wednesday, 5 November 2008

His 35-course menu is so dazzling that two million people try to book his restaurant each year, 400 for every table, and even some food critics claim it has changed their lives forever. But Ferran Adria, the Spanish chef behind El Bulli, has revealed that he actually wants to eat at McDonald's.

In an interview with The Independent, Adria said it had been a long time since he had visited the burger giant, which has been attacked over its approach to animals, the environment and health and castigated by many as a symbol of US culinary imperialism. "But I want to go back," he added.

Adria – whose restaurant has been named the world's best for three years running by Restaurant magazine – said he did not think he could make a better hamburger for the money. He said he would like to visit McDonald's to "discover" its cooking.

As the head chef of El Bulli, in Girona, northern Spain, Adria creates scientifically-developed dishes such as menthol watermelon and hibiscus paper with blackcurrant and eucalyptus. A meal at El Bulli is a five-hour extravaganza, from which diners are sometimes forced to take a break after experiencing sensory overload.

In London to promote his new book, A Day at El Bulli, Adria said people's diet could be improved through education, and he praised Jamie Oliver for doing more than any other chef to publicise the benefits of healthy eating.

But he added: "I don't think people should come and say, 'McDonald's isn't good', if you don't give me an alternative; what is the alternative, for the same price? It's like saying everybody should be driving an Aston Martin or Rolls-Royce; most people don't drive them. Cars have the price they have.

"About five or 10 years ago, the mobile phone didn't exist and people could live without it. With the price you pay for a phone, you could be eating fresh fish every day. [But] if you ask most children would they rather have a phone or eat fresh fish, they are going to say 'a phone'."

Indicating that he was concerned that McDonald's would use his comments for marketing, Adria nonetheless suggested said that if the fast-food giant hired 10 of the world's top chefs they would not be able to make a better burger – for the price.

"Maybe... they could increase the price and make a hamburger of the best quality with fresh meat. And people would have the option to eat it – but it's going to cost three times as much," he said. "I've only been [to McDonald's] three times in my entire life, now it's ages since I went there. But I want to go back."

Adria, who closes El Bulli from January to May to develop new dishes, says most tastes and flavours have yet to be discovered.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: February 04, 2014, 01:18:07 PM »
I would like to see this.

Not doubting you, I'd just like to see their thoughts, sounds interesting.  I would have thought intuitively that most high-level chefs would be quite dismissive of fare like McD's.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-15/mcdonald-s-wins-over-french-chef-with-mcbaguette-sandwich.html

McDonald’s Wins Over French Chef With McBaguette Sandwich
By Richard Vines & Caroline Connan - Jan 15, 2013 6:00 PM ET

“I’m lovin’ it,” Pierre Koffmann said after tasting for Bloomberg Television at a McDonald’s on Rue de Rivoli, in Paris. “If I was hungry walking by, I’d buy it with pleasure.”

“The garnish is good: There’s plenty of salad and plenty of everything. The bread isn’t a pure baguette because this one is shorter, but it’s good bread. Not the top bread in Paris but it’s good. I’m not disappointed by it,” said Koffmann, who held three Michelin stars at La Tante Claire in London in the 1990s.

Koffmann preferred it to a baguette from a local baker.

“I’ll go with McDonald’s,” Koffmann said. “The garnish is better. This other one was probably made this morning at 6. It looks better, with good-quality bread, but McDonald’s has a lot more garnish. The McDonald’s is warm. Bread is always better warm. It’s a trick, but McDonald’s is doing the trick.”

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #302 on: February 04, 2014, 01:18:39 PM »
Well are you talking Chains or Burger Joints/ Barbecue Joints etc...?

Fast food, say the top 25 most popular joints

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2014, 01:28:24 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »
Fast food, say the top 25 most popular joints
Oh boy, that will take me a while.

Steak and Shake is at the top for starters.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »
mcdonalds is trendy as fuck, fucking brilliant i hope they keep up the good work
A

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2014, 01:33:02 PM »
TA - both of your chefs ate McDonalds in Europe where they don't use pink slime

Apparently the quality of the food is drastically better in Europe (see article below for McDonalds in France)

Also, Adria said he couldn't make a better burger "for the price" (and again, this is the higher quality European McD menu)

you highlighted that so I know you didn't miss it

I'm sure for the prices these guys are used to charging they couldn't even make the mayo for the secret sauce

If you like McDonalds then have at it but maybe you need to take a trip to Europe to get the same experience as these two chefs

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/01/24/145698222/why-mcdonalds-in-france-doesnt-feel-like-fast-food

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2014, 01:34:27 PM »
Oh boy, that will take me a while.

Steak and Shake is at the top for starters.

Give us your top 5 and bottom 5 picks!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2014, 01:36:27 PM »

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2014, 01:37:12 PM »

Speaking of Carl's JR.

Hadn't eaten at one of them or a Hardees in AGES... Stopped off and got me a Super Star with Bacon... Was quite tasty.

I do not like their fries though.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »
TA - both of your chefs ate McDonalds in Europe where they don't use pink slime

Apparently the quality of the food is drastically better in Europe (see article below for McDonalds in France)

Also, Adria said he couldn't make a better burger "for the price" (and again, this is the higher quality European McD menu)

you highlighted that so I know you didn't miss it

I'm sure for the prices these guys are used to charging they couldn't even make the mayo for the secret sauce

If you like McDonalds then have at it but maybe you need to take a trip to Europe to get the same experience as these two chefs

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/01/24/145698222/why-mcdonalds-in-france-doesnt-feel-like-fast-food
You GODDAMNED inept Knuckle Dragging Shitbrain.

STOP spouting myths and spreading them as if they are true.  YOU are EXACTLY like the shitbrain religious and shitbrain Republicans you try to make fun of.  Bantering lies back and forth, thinking they are true.

Why do you not check anything?  Why do you believe in myths and lies?  Why are you so easily taken in by URBAN LEGENDS!.  You are a piece of shit.

Hope this helps you small brained chimp:

the "pink goop" legend has been circulating for years, In a new ad, McDonald's Canada sets out to debunk the myth with a behind-the-scenes look at their production line.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/02/mcdonalds-chicken-mcnugget-pink-slime-myth-video.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+seriouseatsfeaturesvideos+(Serious+Eats)
Video: McDonald's Canada Debunks Pink Slime Myth

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2014, 01:46:50 PM »
Straw Man has zero credibility.  He is afraid of food and believes in urban legends.

He is worthless.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2014, 01:47:11 PM »
Debating about a fast food chain  ::)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2014, 01:52:22 PM »
Debating about a fast food chain  ::)

fuck that, this thread has 9 pages debating about sous vide methods of stove top vs. beer cooler.  The queer is very strong in this thread.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »

STOP spouting myths and spreading them as if they are true.  YOU are EXACTLY like the shitbrain religious and shitbrain Republicans you try to make fun of.  Bantering lies back and forth, thinking they are true.

Why do you not check anything?  Why do you believe in myths and lies?  Why are you so easily taken in by URBAN LEGENDS!.  You are a piece of shit.

the "pink goop" legend has been circulating for years, In a new ad, McDonald's Canada sets out to debunk the myth with a behind-the-scenes look at their production line.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/02/mcdonalds-chicken-mcnugget-pink-slime-myth-video.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+seriouseatsfeaturesvideos+(Serious+Eats)

LOL at you getting angry

this is really going to make you mad

McDonalds announced about a year ago that they were going to stop using PINK SLIME in their burgers

btw  - I posted this pages ago so I'm not why you're still unaware of them having done this in the US

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-is-changing-its-burger-recipe-to-take-the-pink-slime-out-of-its-meat-2012-1

McDonald's Is Changing Its Burger Recipe To Take The 'Pink Slime' Out Of Its Meat

McDonald's is changing the recipe it uses for its burgers in the U.S., after a lengthy campaign by TV chef and food activist Jamie Oliver, reports the Daily Mail.
The fast food juggernaut used ammonium hydroxide — an additive typically found in household cleaning products to kill bacteria — in its U.S. meat. Oliver calls it "pink slime.

You'll be happy to know that they still use chlorine rinsed chicken in their McNuggets

again, the two chef you posted both ate at McDonals in Europe and apparently the McD in France is especially good

If US McDonalds had these standards I would definitely give it a try

McDonald's, meanwhile, offers all kinds of Frenchified dishes, from the Alpine burger with three different kinds of cheese to tasty little gallette des rois, or King's Cakes, popular after Christmas and sold by all the bakeries. Last year, it introduced the McBaguette.

Another reason McDonald's works so well here is that the food is locally sourced and very high quality. As we all know, France is the land of haute cuisine. But it's also the land of good cuisine. The French appreciate quality in any category, even fast food. Restaurateurs in France know they'll go bust if they offer substandard products. I've had friends from India tell me that the Indian restaurants in Paris are among the world's best.

And if you like good meat (who doesn't?!), then McDonald's France is clearly superior. In the U.S., McDonald's says its cattle are mostly corn-fed. While the company doesn't address on its site whether growth hormones and growth-promoting antibiotics are added to the animal feed consumed by the animals it buys, it's a reasonable assumption that they are.

French cattle are all grass fed, which many argue makes them tastier. Growth hormones are illegal here and each animal has a passport showing where it was born, raised, and slaughtered, according to McDonald's France. That's called traceability, and we don't yet have such a national system in place.

As for chicken nugget lovers, French chickens, unlike some of their American counterparts, are not rinsed in chlorine to disinfect them. The regular use of chlorine in the U.S. chicken industry is why poulet americain has long been interdit in the European Union.

Apparently even Russia doesn't want our chlorine rinsed factory raised chicken in their country

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/world/europe/20russia.html?_r=0

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: February 04, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »
Speaking of Carl's JR.

Hadn't eaten at one of them or a Hardees in AGES... Stopped off and got me a Super Star with Bacon... Was quite tasty.

I do not like their fries though.
I love Hardees!

Here is a tip for everyone.  When you order, tell them you want everything made fresh and new.  They will drop your fries fresh, make your food right there and you will get a perfect burger and fries everytime.  Also, request that each item is in a separate bag.  Another trick is to order without mayo or some other ingredient to where they are forced to make a new one.  Just asking for it to be cooked fresh should be enough though.  I always tell them I will wait for fresh fries and chicken or biscuits.  They don`t mind doing it one bit because it resets their timer and makes it look like the order was instant. (they are timed on each order and the quicker for them, the better)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #319 on: February 04, 2014, 01:54:15 PM »
Straw Man has zero credibility.  He is afraid of food and believes in urban legends.

He is worthless.

Damn, you're getting mad

that always makes me laugh

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2014, 01:54:40 PM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-15/mcdonald-s-wins-over-french-chef-with-mcbaguette-sandwich.html

McDonald’s Wins Over French Chef With McBaguette Sandwich
By Richard Vines & Caroline Connan - Jan 15, 2013 6:00 PM ET

“I’m lovin’ it,” Pierre Koffmann said after tasting for Bloomberg Television at a McDonald’s on Rue de Rivoli, in Paris. “If I was hungry walking by, I’d buy it with pleasure.”

“The garnish is good: There’s plenty of salad and plenty of everything. The bread isn’t a pure baguette because this one is shorter, but it’s good bread. Not the top bread in Paris but it’s good. I’m not disappointed by it,” said Koffmann, who held three Michelin stars at La Tante Claire in London in the 1990s.

Koffmann preferred it to a baguette from a local baker.

“I’ll go with McDonald’s,” Koffmann said. “The garnish is better. This other one was probably made this morning at 6. It looks better, with good-quality bread, but McDonald’s has a lot more garnish. The McDonald’s is warm. Bread is always better warm. It’s a trick, but McDonald’s is doing the trick.”

I have to admit, that mcbaguette is fucking awesome.  But you do know that there are different standards of what can go into food in europe vs. usa.  In europe you can still get the old school hot apple pies there.  Did you know that M&Ms in europe only use natural food coloring while in america is yellow #5, redlake #10 ETC....

That mcbaguette looks sickly awesome.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2014, 01:56:03 PM »

STOP spouting myths and spreading them as if they are true.  YOU are EXACTLY like the shitbrain religious and shitbrain Republicans you try to make fun of.  Bantering lies back and forth, thinking they are true.

Why do you not check anything?  Why do you believe in myths and lies?  Why are you so easily taken in by URBAN LEGENDS!.  You are a piece of shit.

lol, mcdonalds canada has different meat standards than the USA.  has USA mcdonalds debunked the myth?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »
There is chlorine in tap water.
He doesn`t know the first thing about food science and the usage of chlorine.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2014, 01:57:20 PM »
I have to admit, that mcbaguette is fucking awesome.  But you do know that there are different standards of what can go into food in europe vs. usa.  In europe you can still get the old school hot apple pies there.  Did you know that M&Ms in europe only use natural food coloring while in america is yellow #5, redlake #10 ETC....

That mcbaguette looks sickly awesome.

apparently he likes to ignore facts that contradict his beliefs

even the fact that McDonalds has admitted using pink slime and decided to stop doing so about a year ago is completely unknown to him

doesn't chlorine rinsed chicken sound appetizing

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »
He doesn`t know the first thing about food science and the usage of chlorine.

I'll defer to your superior credentials

can you remind us all again of what they are exactly