Author Topic: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)  (Read 115710 times)

FitChic78

• Getbig II
Re: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2006, 12:39:59 PM »
(Sigh)

Wow...

I am in loss for words...(shaking my head).

Thanks, GETBIGGER...

This one hit close to home...I gotta make some phone calls here...let me straighten some things out...

God, you guys are hillarious! It's raining here in Cali, so I am feeling a bit "blue" today. But then I have to come back on this board and on this particular thread just to read how you two are on each other's ass (in a good way recently, lol) and it makes my day! Thanks for the chuckle!  ;D

Peace!
~FitChic

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2006, 12:45:02 PM »
Block has a crush on me.....

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2006, 12:50:56 PM »

Yea I know. It disturbs me that we're teammates now. I had more fun when we arm-wrestled eachother all the time. I'm trying to get us back to that again...holla!
?

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2006, 01:06:10 PM »
Block has a crush on me.....

Damn G_B! Now that I know that, I may have to reconsider my invite for all of us to go have some fun at the O. this year, LOL...OK, we can get separate rooms, but then again...the point was to get the cost down...So yeah, get back to the arm wrestling thing guys! LOL

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2006, 02:12:54 PM »

No room is big enough for me and GETBIGGER...matter fact...VEGAS aint big enough for me and GETBIGGER

Check your e-mail Olena...Holla!
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2006, 09:25:18 AM »
Ummmm, I was never invited to this Olympia thing you are all planning.  Hope you all have fun.
Jennifer

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2006, 10:21:12 AM »
I am guessing everyone thought you were a given.  Why wouldn't Pride go to the Olympia? 

Congrats on moderating the Nutrition board!  I hope that doesn't mean you will be spending any less time here   >:(

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2006, 10:24:48 AM »
Ummmm, I was never invited to this Olympia thing you are all planning.  Hope you all have fun.

Hey Jen! Of course you are! I thought Block would've have passed the invite on to you by now...

So how many weeks out R U from the show as of today?
How R U feeling?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2006, 10:51:35 AM »
I'm ok, I've been a little depressed about personal things in my life but I am trying not to let that affect my training.

I had a good sprint workout yesterday and my calves were still sore from last week!  I did 8 150's...probably will only do 2x cardio a week as I am leaning out well and don't want to get to lean and hard.

Other then that the dieting hasn't been too bad and I swear the creatine is helping my muscles stay full.  Everything seems to be going well.  Thanks for asking:)  As of today I am a little over 5 weeks out (I wish it were closer!!!)

Here is a pic of us at the show last weekend...we had a good time!
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2006, 10:54:23 AM »
I am guessing everyone thought you were a given.  Why wouldn't Pride go to the Olympia? 

Congrats on moderating the Nutrition board!  I hope that doesn't mean you will be spending any less time here   >:(

Thank you and you know I would never leave you!
Jennifer

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2006, 11:58:39 AM »
Looking good, chica! Who are the girls with ya?
Was Dex a guest poser at the show or just promoting at a booth?
Don’t you love him?!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2006, 12:25:03 PM »

FitChic...

Go to www.pridenutrition.com  Check out their pics...you'll see TheBlockHead on stage...holla!
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2006, 01:02:07 PM »
Looking good, chica! Who are the girls with ya?
Was Dex a guest poser at the show or just promoting at a booth?
Don’t you love him?!

Dex...well he was entertaining and fun to chat with.  He was the guest poser, he looked really good (especially considering some of the guest posers I have seen!)   

The other girls are other competitors/girls that help Pride out locally.  1 of them competes in FAME shows (Natalie) and Dawn is a Fitness competitor, the other girl is possibly training for her first show in quite awhile. 
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »

Damn,

Jennifer got a bunch of BLUE STARS...

Hey Jen is it true Dexter was trying to get you to go out to dinner w/ him after the show? Little rumor floating around the hallways of the show...
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2006, 09:55:08 AM »
He was going out with the promoters of the show and a bunch of other people and said I could join...not an exclusive invite as you are implying.  Anyway what was I going to do at an Italian Restaurant...drink some Olive Oil and nibble on lettuce????  Also even though it was innocent I woudn't have done that to my bf-it would have driven him crazy.
Jennifer

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2006, 10:28:26 AM »
He was going out with the promoters of the show and a bunch of other people and said I could join...not an exclusive invite as you are implying.  Anyway what was I going to do at an Italian Restaurant...drink some Olive Oil and nibble on lettuce????  Also even though it was innocent I woudn't have done that to my bf-it would have driven him crazy.

Ha, drinking olive oil - classic! That's how I was at the last year's O, a couple of weeks before my show and I could not go do all the buffets and stuff...but still ate decent food, you know salmon and veggies, omletes, chicken. You can find food that you can eat, even in an Italian restaurant.

As far as your BF...Well, you better start preparing him for that kinda stuff starting now coz sweetie, once you get involved in the industry more than just doing a local show here and there, social gatherings, fan huggings at a promo booth, dinners with promoters and sponsors, after parties, etc, all off that will be a part of your life and maybe even your job. So he may as well get used to it now...

Marshmallow

• Getbig II
« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2006, 01:29:41 PM »
quit bullshittin jen... you know you were all over dex at the show...

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2006, 01:52:08 PM »
oh, marshy you're just jealous I wasn't all over you (and your gansta bandaid)
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #193 on: April 06, 2006, 01:54:09 PM »

As far as your BF...Well, you better start preparing him for that kinda stuff starting now coz sweetie, once you get involved in the industry more than just doing a local show here and there, social gatherings, fan huggings at a promo booth, dinners with promoters and sponsors, after parties, etc, all off that will be a part of your life and maybe even your job. So he may as well get used to it now...
I wish it were that easy!
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2006, 02:03:41 PM »
 Amen to that!

I've come to terms with the fact that bodybuilders, fitness and/or figure competitors should be with someone who is in the same mindset as they are within this industry. I used to think otherwise but not anymore due to many recent circumstances.

We love this...thats why were here. Common people just cannot fathom it.
  You can't blame them but thats goes with ANYTHING when one person has a passion and the other doesnt.

On that note...someone who is with a competitive BB or Fit/Fig. girl...cannot be jealous/insecure. That is by far the absolute worst quality a human being can have. I respect liars and thieves before I do jealous/insecure envious people. people who are jealous/insecure...it isnt because of the other party which the latter like to blame for the reason why they are the way they are. It is part of their genetic makeup. Its part of their personality. Its part of their brain function. It is just who they are! Peroid. They arent 'bad' people per say...but not right an not compatible with people who are not jealous/insecure.

Its something that cannot ever be changed or fixed. "Well...maybe if I was home a little more and maybe if I didnt take this so serious and maybe if I would assure him/her more that..." NO! It is part of their brain function. I like the color Navy Blue. I'm also not too good at algebra. No matter what my wife or significant other does...I still like Navy Blue and will never be a mathematician. Get it?

We(us loving and involved with this industry) arent doing anything wrong. We train, we eat...we live goal-orientated lifestyles...we train w/ eachother, we help eachother, we dine w/ eachother...call eachother for advice, support and scratch eachothers backs...its what we do. If 'they' cant handle it...then thats THEIR problem...they are just simply more compatible with someone more like them. Ponder those statements, folks...
?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »
Amen to that!

I've come to terms with the fact that bodybuilders, fitness and/or figure competitors should be with someone who is in the same mindset as they are within this industry. I used to think otherwise but not anymore due to many recent circumstances.

We love this...thats why were here. Common people just cannot fathom it.
  You can't blame them but thats goes with ANYTHING when one person has a passion and the other doesnt.

On that note...someone who is with a competitive BB or Fit/Fig. girl...cannot be jealous/insecure. That is by far the absolute worst quality a human being can have. I respect liars and thieves before I do jealous/insecure envious people. people who are jealous/insecure...it isnt because of the other party which the latter like to blame for the reason why they are the way they are. It is part of their genetic makeup. Its part of their personality. Its part of their brain function. It is just who they are! Peroid. They arent 'bad' people per say...but not right an not compatible with people who are not jealous/insecure.

Its something that cannot ever be changed or fixed. "Well...maybe if I was home a little more and maybe if I didnt take this so serious and maybe if I would assure him/her more that..." NO! It is part of their brain function. I like the color Navy Blue. I'm also not too good at algebra. No matter what my wife or significant other does...I still like Navy Blue and will never be a mathematician. Get it?

We(us loving and involved with this industry) arent doing anything wrong. We train, we eat...we live goal-orientated lifestyles...we train w/ eachother, we help eachother, we dine w/ eachother...call eachother for advice, support and scratch eachothers backs...its what we do. If 'they' cant handle it...then thats THEIR problem...they are just simply more compatible with someone more like them. Ponder those statements, folks...

And that concludes this segment of Dr. Phil Blockhead

;D

Marshmallow

• Getbig II
« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »
I never expected you to be all over me Jen...I'm white! hahahaha...

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2006, 02:20:48 PM »
I never expected you to be all over me Jen...I'm white! hahahaha...

LMAO
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2006, 02:29:27 PM »

Hahahaha! BOOYAA!!!

That one almost made me swallow this big fat plud of Skoal Wintergreen stuck in my bottom lip...

Way to go, Joel!
?

NoMeatHeadz

• Getbig I
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2006, 01:49:40 PM »
I would like to respond to a few posts that I have had the opportunity to view over the past few days.  I believe that this information can in fact be quite benificial to other competitors.  First, as stated that one believes that Bodybuilders, Figure, etc. should be involved with only people that are in the industry.  To me that only further segregates and isolates the sport into more of a "click" than a sport.  Also, who wants to be so one-dimensional and isolated from everything else around us, including our families and even spouses.  Bodybuilding is a great sport but it can be quite self-destructive in many ways.  I have seen many bodybuilders fall to pieces over steroid use including; depression, inability to communicate and maintain a relationship with a spouse, aggression, isolation from friends and family, and not to mention the overwhelming pressure to "create a perfect body".  The only people who will argue this statement are people who fall into the category.  An addict will never admit to a problem, all they have is denial and excuses.  Why not just be happy with what God has given us, and try to enjoy the entire world rather than just the warped alore of bodybuilding.

I have seen many bodybuilders sacrafice everything including their families, which I too was guilty of, as well.  This is not productive, it is destructive and SELFISH!!  It is not the insecure and selfish ways of our family, it is our own selfishness that keeps us locked away in a gym isolated from our loved ones, For what?  Seriously some compliments, a trophy ( that is if you place high enough), and a few pictures.  Bodybuild and train like an animal, I love to do it too, but think about the others you have surrounded yourselves with.  How does it make them feel to have all the attention and focus on just yourself.  Don't you think they deserve equal attention as well, regardless of the claim "I AM A BODYBUILDER, THIS IS WHAT I DO!!"  What you are doing is creating an excuse or rather an issue to get as much attention as possible, due in part to your own insecurities. 

Everything is moderation. Do not get consumed by ideas and thoughts that can be mentally and emotionally destructive to others around us.  Bodybuilding is a sport.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Have fun and enjoy life.  This may come across as merely negative Bodybuilding Propaganda, but it is intended to help create a more stable environment for those that compete and the people involved in their lives.