Author Topic: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)  (Read 116134 times)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2006, 10:12:34 AM »

Never has a TRUER post been POSTED!

Bodybuilding is my best friend...but it is also my worst enemy...

Holla!
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2006, 11:18:30 AM »
I actually think you are both right and wrong.  I really believe you have to find someone who is interested in the same things you are and if they aren't, then they must be supportive.  This is also a two-way street, I think it is important that people have outside interests and that their significant other supports them.  Bodybuilding can dictate many things in your life...but so can a job or other hobbies.  Just because I have found something I like doing, that I take pride in doing doesn't mean I am unhappy or let it ruin my life and relationships. 

This weekend I went out with my friends-they ate pizza I brought my own food...they didn't care.  Then we went out to a club-at 1 AM I was one of the only ones who could still see everyone in the bar, didn't want to gorge myself on junk food and really still wanted to dance and had energy.  Then I drove them back to the hotel-it was good for both me and them...just because I choose to compete doesn't mean I don't have a life, I just have to be a little more disciplined and prepared when I do go out.  Plus taking taxis or riding with people who have been drinking isn't an issue. 

Maybe you guys get yourselves in too deep and don't see the people around you...it isn't bodybuilding that does this-it is your own personality.
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2006, 11:56:33 AM »

I take that back...

Now let me say again...'Never has a truer post been posted!'

Or we impulsivley without thinking on a whim of a fleeting feeling jump into something without thinking about it.

Bodybuilding is my safe-haven. It's my happy place. It's also my curse and worst enemy but still...I wouldnt give it up or slow it down for anybody. It is who I am and I love every second of it and I am going to miss it when it is all said and done and all the smoke has cleared.

I prefer living an austere lifestyle. Outside of BB...it's all about renting movies...going to the movies, borrowing movies and now the weather is breaking a little...I am going to make a vow to do a little casting(fishing) locally once a week or so. I think fishing is probably the ONLY thing that can take me away from the BB world for a day or two...matter of fact...if there was a major lake or river walking distance to where I live...I dont think I'd be so 'lost in the game'.

Clubs/bars have no interest to a kid like me. It is amazing how lots of people in America associate having a 'life' by the definition of being out late and consuming alcohol.

If anything...being a BB/FIT/FIG person requires attention to detail like bringing own food and water and staying true to our aim. We just live in a country...live in a society that soothing and indulging by 'scratching' all itches of the flesh and temporal pleasures so the only thing socially acceptable is mass alcohol consumption, promiscuity, engorging on junk(non-nutritious foods/drugs).

It always feels/felt that it is you(me) against the whole world because my first choice is to rest and lay-low and stay in my element because the otherside to me...is borning and so very ordinary.
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2006, 12:16:46 PM »

Let me just say this again for the 3rd time...

(clearing throat...) "Never has a TRUER post been POSTED!!!"

GetBigger...we should start a club or something. I do believe now with every fiber of my being that somebody who does what we do need to be with someone who does the same. It is because we understand and live it as well and know what it is like to be concerned about food prep/timing and needing a gym partner and someone to talk to and vent about with things in the industry or frustrations that comes with this dance.

I'd much rather have whoever I am with to be proud of me and be encouraging and not only be my mate but my TEAMMATE, my friend and partner in crime, my ultimate companion. My everything.

It's just when one person has a passion and the other one does not...it's going to cause a situation. Throw in a partner who is sickly jealous/insecure...its a recipe for disaster. Moral of the story is...stick with your own kind. I hate to admit that I believe that now.

E-mail me, GETBIGGER if you want to start that club. I know a guy who can screen up some t-shirts and get buisness cards and 'members only' jackets for us...
?

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2006, 12:18:41 PM »
When I have a girl who isn't in the lifestyle it typically doesn't work.  Usually I find that they have a problem with the amount of time I devote to the gym.  Granted compromise should come into play, but they usually are attracted to the build but have a probelm with the time it takes to keep it.  I have heard a number of times from different girls "Im tired of being second to your working out"......well......sorry.  Some day that may change but not now.  This is why I prefer someone who knows what it takes, has the same interest and hell, can work out together a few times.     

Ah G_B, I wish you lived closer... :-*

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2006, 12:20:39 PM »
GetBigger...we should start a club or something. I do believe now with every fiber of my being that somebody who does what we do need to be with someone who does the same. It is because we understand and live it as well and know what it is like to be concerned about food prep/timing and needing a gym partner and someone to talk to and vent about with things in the industry or frustrations that comes with this dance.

I'd much rather have whoever I am with to be proud of me and be encouraging and not only be my mate but my TEAMMATE, my friend and partner in crime, my ultimate companion. My everything.

What's your wife's take on this, Block?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2006, 12:58:58 PM »

Pffft! Don't ask.

I'm just going to PLEA the 5th on this one. I dont want to get a phone call later with an FBI interrogation and grilling. Awww what the hell fk it...I will get grilled/drilled regardless.

Theres always two sides to every story, FIT. Where I stand, though...I've been BB-ing since 1999...this is who I am and what I do. this isnt a 'hobby' like bird-watching or stamp collecting. This is my life. I walk the line. Day in and Day out this is what I do...I train, eat quality food, I insist on 8 hours of sleep a night, I do cardio, I shave my bodyhair off, I can give a sh-t about the Superbowl or World Series...I cant name one guy on the White Sox but I can tell you last ASC's whole lineup and placings, I tan...I read BB magazines...I ramble on forums like getbig.com or pridenutrition.com, I love to help people train or prep. I love talking about who's who in this industry...I can have a 3 hour conversation at random about water or slow burning carbohydrates. I couldnt tell you thing one about what NFL team drafted what player...I study and read about physiology and the science of nutrients in my spare time because I want to and the only thing I can guarantee to those who dont do what I do...is that they will never understand WHY.

(clearing throat...) Ya, heard!
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2006, 01:19:15 PM »

WTF???

Please tell me you are joking, player...

Tell me you are being humorous...
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2006, 02:07:33 PM »
No he isn't, little slut-boy made his rounds this weekend and now is feeling sorry for himself
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2006, 02:20:35 PM »
my bad, BIG-slut boy
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2006, 02:29:04 PM »

Hopefully she won't call you at all, GetBigger...

'Weights BEFORE Dates!' Say it over and over again...write it down if you have to.
?

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2006, 02:51:44 PM »
:o

Well it's gonna be one F**KING HELL OF A BACK WORKOUT tonight being I have a little EXTRA MOTIVATION.......which I gotta leave for.  I'll get back to you later.

>:(

See, that's why I said I wish you lived closer, here in LA. We would go get a few slices of meatlovers pizza, no double that, and I would even share our depression by indulging in some Cold Stone ice cream...  :)

What did you think I had in mind, playa?!  ;D

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2006, 04:28:25 PM »

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt! Ni--a pleeeease! We all know L.A. aint got nothing on Chicago when it comes to PIZZA or any food for that matter.

Chicago has the best food in the world. We have water just as good as Dasani or Evian with a twist of the faucet anytime. We have scorching hot summers, cold snowy winters, crisp cool colorful falls and warm lively springs. We have the best skyline, downtown nightlife, we have beaches and culture to rival N.Y.C.

We have everything everyother major city has and then some. We have the best of all worlds. WORD!

Chicago is my home...my headquaters. God HIMSELF even parties in Chicago. I never even like leaving it. There is nothing I love more than hanging out or training at different gyms all across the city from the north to the south to the east to the west sides talkin gym politics and BB politics.

The smell of the 'Taste of Chicago' in late June. Laying out in the sun at 31st street beach. Italian lemondae at Mario's on Taylor st. Chicago is 'TheBlockHeads' playground...I cant wait to serve this city....
?

Marshmallow

• Getbig II
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2006, 10:10:15 AM »
"weights before dates" HUH?  Well I guess you get more action F**king the lying leg curl than you do with your old lady.  That's cool.  Hell if I were to dedicate my entire being to a sport I would at least be good at it.  Get Bigger sounds like you need to practice what you preach.  Sorry she never called you I guess she thought it should "get bigger" for her to stick around.  Bodybuilders are the by far the most out of touch with reality people I have ever met.  In fact I know bodybuilders who have dieted for shows and still don't have the pysique I do and thats just pathetic.  Work your ass off and have no other ambitions and I still look better.  D on't believe me, well sorry it's true.  I have decided to cease my idea of being a bodybuilder and focus on fitness modeling cause most bodybuilders are ugly, bloated, bald guys covered in acne.  Since I have the genetics and look to model I feel that it is the most appropriate decision. I don't need someone to tell me and support me I know I got it all, the rest of you wannabes and dreamers, just keep it up you will never have what I do.     Later.   

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2006, 10:50:50 AM »

That doesnt sound like 'lil Joel' at all...
?

Marshmallow

• Getbig II
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »
The only thing that is little was you BlockHead, that is on stage of course. 

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2006, 11:02:40 AM »
"weights before dates" HUH?  Well I guess you get more action F**king the lying leg curl than you do with your old lady.  That's cool.  Hell if I were to dedicate my entire being to a sport I would at least be good at it.  Get Bigger sounds like you need to practice what you preach.  Sorry she never called you I guess she thought it should "get bigger" for her to stick around.  Bodybuilders are the by far the most out of touch with reality people I have ever met.  In fact I know bodybuilders who have dieted for shows and still don't have the pysique I do and thats just pathetic.  Work your ass off and have no other ambitions and I still look better.  D on't believe me, well sorry it's true.  I have decided to cease my idea of being a bodybuilder and focus on fitness modeling cause most bodybuilders are ugly, bloated, bald guys covered in acne.  Since I have the genetics and look to model I feel that it is the most appropriate decision. I don't need someone to tell me and support me I know I got it all, the rest of you wannabes and dreamers, just keep it up you will never have what I do.     Later.   

Ummmm, marshy did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?  I agree Block, this sounds more like "NoMeatheadz" then our precious little marshmallow.
Jennifer

Marshmallow

• Getbig II
« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »
Coming soon.........My Bodybuilding Manifesto
You will realize the demise of your doings...

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2006, 11:05:48 AM »
Coming soon.........My Bodybuilding Manifesto
You will realize the demise of your doings...

my doings???
Jennifer

Marshmallow

• Getbig II
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »
Well Beast great screen name.  How did you get it, or is it just another self-proclaimation.  You know most Beasts are hairy Jen, does that mean......??  I understand you have issues with White Marshmallows, so would you prefer if I were more more of the Hersey bar than me.  

Marshmallow

• Getbig II
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2006, 11:13:51 AM »
your right you do not need steroids
but this might be what is keeping you back

www.plasticsurgery.org

Hey Jen check it out

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2006, 11:14:48 AM »
I'm talking to Marshmallow on the phone right now...
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2006, 11:17:30 AM »
Yep, good observation, I have no boobs when I am dieted...see boobs are all fat and when I get lean I lose my fat and therefore my boobs get smaller.  Sorry I don't want to go under the knife just for Figure Competitons but thanks for reminding me that I am flat ::)
Jennifer

NoMeatHeadz

• Getbig I
« Reply #223 on: April 13, 2006, 11:23:10 AM »
Yo what up Fools?  Who is on my screen name?  I used my buddy MeatHead;s name to post.  I want to say me or MeatHeat should not be held responsible for this,  sh*t I knoe MeatHead wouldn't say that , in fact he even likes Beast her will never admit it

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2006, 01:23:52 PM »

getbigger is owned

How am I owned Bast?  WTF are you talking about?  He has no f**king idea what the hell hes talking about when it comes to me.......and I am owned?

You got about as much of a clue of whats going on here as you do picking out shirts   ::)