Author Topic: I am skipping legs workout today, I just don't see the point.  (Read 4916 times)

Uncle Junior

Re: I am skipping legs workout today, I just don't see the point.
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 05:56:03 AM »
If I didn't train my legs with heavy free-weights, I would lose some self respect. My self image would decrease.

Look I understand that mentality I was soo fucking hooked on leg training and squats like it was a buzz, but you reach a point where you got to ask yourself the question "what the fuck for"? "Why am I doing this"?

What does it actually achieve?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 06:02:40 AM »
Look I understand that mentality I was soo fucking hooked on leg training and squats like it was a buzz, but you reach a point where you got to ask yourself the question "what the fuck for"? "Why am I doing this"?

What does it actually achieve?

You want to have strong legs in case you get into a fight or have to defend yourself. Probably won't happen; but you always want to be as strong as possible (especially legs & back)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 06:05:02 AM »
I enjoy training legs although mine are small.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2014, 06:07:47 AM »
I also feel that training legs keeps you young

Too many people in there mid-late twenties have a hard time getting down to the floor... and getting back up. It's worse with people in their 30's

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2014, 06:15:47 AM »
This whole notion that training legs indirectly allows your upper body to grow more is complete and utter bullshit of the highest degree.

If anything it takes away vital nutrients  from your weaker body parts that really need it, causes CNS exhaustion and Doms and fucks up the  rest of week for your other important/vital body parts.

Also we all know that strength increase have very little to do with muscular hypertrophy, therefore the theory that if your legs become stronger, suddenly you will dead lift more so your back becomes stronger and bigger which in turns allows you to bench more so your chest becomes stronger and bigger...la di da di da fucking da......... is just absolute utter bollox.

Eddie Abbew said once if you got weak body part you wanna bring up, just train that body part and ignore the rest for month or more and it will improve.

Gonna just train chest and shoulders for month straight now and ignore everything else, then I will do same for back.

I am beginning to think Basile was right.

What ya think?

Translation =  You're a pussy.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2014, 06:35:02 AM »

Dude I posted so many pics and videos man, you can't say I am a pussy.

And I can still squat 400lb for like 6-8 reps like it ain't shit even though I got L4/L5 herniated disc from doing dumas squats when I was like 20 and ego maniac.

Squats are dumb.

Thats a video I would love to see....That would mean you have a near 500lb squat or better.   I have seen your physique.  Only thing you are doing with 400# on your back is getting crushed.  ::)

Uncle Junior

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2014, 06:51:40 AM »
Thats a video I would love to see....That would mean you have a near 500lb squat or better.   I have seen your physique.  Only thing you are doing with 400# on your back is getting crushed.  ::)

I keep saying 100 fucking times a day Krank strengths got fuck all do with physique just look at some championship weightlifting videos.

Put it this way in my twenties I used to do 6 plates each side for low reps, that's how I got my fucking L4/L5 herniated discs in the first place being a moron and took me out of training for years.

Took me one whole fucking year to even do one body weight squat when I got back into it and I refused surgery.

People always look me and go this guy ain't shit, lots of guys rape me on bench, shoulder press other things but leg strength is fucking outstanding for my weight, combination of genetics and years of fucking raping my legs doing squats and leg presses.

Still to this day I got the 400lb squat for 6-8 if I wanted to do it. I did it last summer and I was 20lb lighter then.

It ain't ass to grass squat but it aint 3-4 ROM either, its decent and 90% people will say kids got fucking strong legs all day, its my claim to fame.

Ironically I can't even fucking dead lift 315 for like 5, fucks up my back too much.

Don't gaude me into doing video I can't be fucked with it, its stupid but maybe if you piss me off enough I'll do it cos I am ego maniac.

My point about physique:

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2014, 07:00:17 AM »

You want to have strong legs in case you get into a fight or have to defend yourself. Probably won't happen; but you always want to be as strong as possible (especially legs & back)

Lol yes,  I've lost count of the times when I had gotten into a fistfight, only to best my opponent by out-squatting him.  Thank goodness my legs were strong

the trainer

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2014, 07:01:12 AM »

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2014, 07:11:55 AM »
Lol yes,  I've lost count of the times when I had gotten into a fistfight, only to best my opponent by out-squatting him.  Thank goodness my legs were strong

Yes, the last fight I was in, I used my superior back strength to crush him to my body. His screams of agony were like music to my ears and I bathed in the blood from his crumpled body.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2014, 07:13:16 AM »

Lmao, exactly, the hilarity of it all.

Ironically last thing you want in a fight is chunky inflexible legs that can't leg kick over 3 inches of the floor or move fuck out of dodge with good footwork.

Mohamed Ali clearly needed to squat more.

;D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2014, 07:13:57 AM »
Yes, the last fight I was in, I used my superior back strength to crush him to my body. His screams of agony were like music to my ears and I bathed in the blood from his crumpled body.

Ah, a fellow student of the "Functional Strength" dojo, I see.... prepare for battle, good sir--I can only hope you have been squatting

Uncle Junior

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2014, 07:14:50 AM »

Don't you just pull out your machine gun in those situations normally AJ? :-\

If anything you need good arm strength to hold the fucker up. 8)

the trainer

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2014, 07:16:10 AM »
The power of strong legs from squatting.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2014, 07:17:40 AM »
Don't you just pull out your machine gun in those situations normally AJ? :-\

If anything you need good arm strength to hold the fucker up. 8)

Using a rifle is always preferred, for sure. At times tho, it is good to crush your enemy, to see him driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2014, 07:26:47 AM »
Ah, a fellow student of the "Functional Strength" dojo, I see.... prepare for battle, good sir--I can only hope you have been squatting

Of course, one mustn't forget the functional strength requirement of the devastating corkscrew uppercut.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »

I keep saying 100 fucking times a day Krank strengths got fuck all do with physique just look at some championship weightlifting videos.

Put it this way in my twenties I used to do 6 plates each side for low reps, that's how I got my fucking L4/L5 herniated discs in the first place being a moron and took me out of training for years.

Took me one whole fucking year to even do one body weight squat when I got back into it and I refused surgery.

People always look me and go this guy ain't shit, lots of guys rape me on bench, shoulder press other things but leg strength is fucking outstanding for my weight, combination of genetics and years of fucking raping my legs doing squats and leg presses.

Still to this day I got the 400lb squat for 6-8 if I wanted to do it. I did it last summer and I was 20lb lighter then.

It ain't ass to grass squat but it aint 3-4 ROM either, its decent and 90% people will say kids got fucking strong legs all day, its my claim to fame.

Ironically I can't even fucking dead lift 315 for like 5, fucks up my back too much.

Don't gaude me into doing video I can't be fucked with it, its stupid but maybe if you piss me off enough I'll do it cos I am ego maniac.

My point about physique:

I am saying you have neither the physique nor the strength to do 400+ for 8 reps.  Plain as day.  I am not goading you into anything.  You make a claim...I am telling you I think you're full of shit.  Get pissed all you want. Oh...and I also believe fuck all you got under 6 plates and unracked it...let along got it for reps.  

P.S.  If you wanted to make a point about physique....you should have posted a video of Pyros Dimas.  You realize what the the guy in YOUR video weighs...and what he just did?  You want to compare a regular squat with the power it takes to C&J 580+ lbs???   WOW....

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2014, 08:37:06 AM »
I am saying you have neither the physique nor the strength to do 400+ for 8 reps.  Plain as day.  I am not goading you into anything.  You make a claim...I am telling you I think you're full of shit.  Get pissed all you want. Oh...and I also believe fuck all you got under 6 plates and unracked it...let along got it for reps. 

Joon likes making videos. This one should be easy to do.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2014, 08:59:56 AM »
I am saying you have neither the physique nor the strength to do 400+ for 8 reps.  Plain as day.  I am not goading you into anything.  You make a claim...I am telling you I think you're full of shit.  Get pissed all you want. Oh...and I also believe fuck all you got under 6 plates and unracked it...let along got it for reps.  

P.S.  If you wanted to make a point about physique....you should have posted a video of Pyros Dimas.  You realize what the the guy in YOUR video weighs...and what he just did?  You want to compare a regular squat with the power it takes to C&J 580+ lbs???   WOW....

You are entitled to your opinion and right now I have absolutely no desire or incentive to prove you wrong, I have the world series of poker coming up in Vegas and last fucking thing I am doing is to fuck up my back before that and cost myself money.

Call me a pussy I don't care. I am not getting goaded into it and going from "I am skipping legs day thread" to "Joons 400lb squat challange" ::)

I will say this, come down to Vince Basille's gym in October when I am there, bring $10,000 Aussie Dollars in cash with you and give it to Vince, I will do the same.

If I can't do 6-8 reps (that's what I stated so don't twist figures) he will give money to the winner of the challenge and he can be judge, simple as that.

After that I take Karen out to dinner, you can tag along too if you want I don't mind.

Do we have a deal?

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2014, 09:09:46 AM »
Your legs are good, do hamstrings and thats all. Upper body needs work. instead of legs do some forearms workouts.

Legs were in my case one of the easiest bodyparts to get growth, especially my butt. I did 10x10 squats.

went from super skinny 18.9 inches to 25 inches in 4-5 months. Shit was crazy, like bring 18 inch guns to 25 inch guns.

I often got hard on just from watching my pumped legs in the mirror.

no homo

Uncle Junior

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »
Your legs are good, do hamstrings and thats all. Upper body needs work. instead of legs do some forearms workouts.

Legs were in my case one of the easiest bodyparts to get growth, especially my butt. I did 10x10 squats.

I often got hard on just from watching my pumped legs in the mirror.

no homo

Yes I don't care about legs got to bear in mind I ain't even trained them in 3 months, I know how quick my legs respond so its last of my fucking problems.

Got to bring whole upper body up, especially back/traps and forearms.

With this shoulder injury that needs surgery its really limited me in terms of pressing movements, that's why I haven't been able to hit chest and shoulders as hard as I would like.

Also my back has always sucked genetically so really need to bring that up, its ironic cos I am quite strong on back but strength doesn't translate to size/growth etc for me on back.

If anything I seem to respond to higher reps with it, like 20's etc

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
You are entitled to your opinion and right now I have absolutely no desire or incentive to prove you wrong, I have the world series of poker coming up in Vegas and last fucking thing I am doing is to fuck up my back before that and cost myself money.

Call me a pussy I don't care. I am not getting goaded into it and going from "I am skipping legs day thread" to "Joons 400lb squat challange" ::)

I will say this, come down to Vince Basille's gym in October when I am there, bring $10,000 Aussie Dollars in cash with you and give it to Vince, I will do the same.

If I can't do 6-8 reps (that's what I stated so don't twist figures) he will give money to the winner of the challenge and he can be judge, simple as that.

After that I take Karen out to dinner, you can tag along too if you want I don't mind.

Do we have a deal?

You're not a pussy....you're just full of shit.  Plain and simple.  You made a claim that is complete bullshit.  If the 400lb squat is so easy, how could it fuck up your back?  Tell us champ.

Why should I come to his gym...or any gym.  You seem to be well versed in recording things on youtube.  Hell, I could post a video of an easy 500# dead from this week.  Not that hard.  Wouldn't require a special trip or some outlandish money stipulation.  I didn't twist any figures.  When you say "6-8"...that means you can get EIGHT at best.  Why keep saying a range? 

My deal is this...post a video....or stfu with claims like this.  No bluffing.  I call!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2014, 09:30:23 AM »
You're not a pussy....you're just full of shit.  Plain and simple.  You made a claim that is complete bullshit.  If the 400lb squat is so easy, how could it fuck up your back?  Tell us champ.

Why should I come to his gym...or any gym.  You seem to be well versed in recording things on youtube.  Hell, I could post a video of an easy 500# dead from this week.  Not that hard.  Wouldn't require a special trip or some outlandish money stipulation.  I didn't twist any figures.  When you say "6-8"...that means you can get EIGHT at best.  Why keep saying a range? 

My deal is this...post a video....or stfu with claims like this.  No bluffing.  I call!

Prepare for a wall of obfuscating text in 3...2...1..,

Uncle Junior

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2014, 09:57:06 AM »
You're not a pussy....you're just full of shit.  Plain and simple.  You made a claim that is complete bullshit.  If the 400lb squat is so easy, how could it fuck up your back?  Tell us champ.

Why should I come to his gym...or any gym.  You seem to be well versed in recording things on youtube.  Hell, I could post a video of an easy 500# dead from this week.  Not that hard.  Wouldn't require a special trip or some outlandish money stipulation.  I didn't twist any figures.  When you say "6-8"...that means you can get EIGHT at best.  Why keep saying a range?  

My deal is this...post a video....or stfu with claims like this.  No bluffing.  I call!

Listen we can spend all day here with me telling you I can do this that and the other and you telling me I am full of shit blah blah blah etc.

That's fine, nothing is going to get resolved by going back and forth repeating the same argument.

I layed out a challenge to you to come meet me in Vince's gym bring whatever amount of money you care to wager, $10, $250, $1000, $25,000 I don't give a fuck and I will do the same, give it to Vince, I do the same and winner takes its.

So simple what's the problem here?

We video the outcome and post it on GB.

If anything would be good to meet you anyway.

Guess what if you wanna sit down at a poker table and call someones bluff you better have chips in front of you to be able to call with.

I am not fucking clown here to do shit for you for free to fuck my back up 2 weeks before the most important poker event of the calender, its not my fucking priority to get up to 400lb right now but it won't take me more than say a month to do it, I have done it plenty of times.

I am actually finding it hilarious that you think there is anything fucking special about 400lb for 6-8 reps, trust me its no that great.

I don't know where you train and who with but we got guys doing 6-8 plates each side for fun all day long.

Anyway October at Vince's gym, take it or leave it.

Up to you.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »

Listen we can spend all day here with me telling you I can do this that and the other and you telling me I am full of shit blah blah blah etc.

That's fine, nothing is going to get resolved by going back and forth repeating the same argument.

I layed out a challenge to you to come meet me in Vince's gym bring whatever amount of money you care to wager, $10, $250, $1000, $25,000 I don't give a fuck and I will do the same, give it to Vince, I do the same and winner takes its.

So simple what's the problem here?

We video the outcome and post it on GB.

If anything would be good to meet you anyway.

Guess what if you wanna sit down at a poker table and call someones bluff you better have chips in front of you to be able to call with.

I am not fucking clown here to do shit for you for free to fuck my back up 2 weeks before the most important poker event of the calender, its not my fucking priority to get up to 400lb right now but it won't take me more than say a month to do it, I have done it plenty of times.

I am actually finding it hilarious that you think there is anything fucking special about 400lb for 6-8 reps, trust me its no that great.

I don't know where you train and who with but we got guys doing 6-8 plates each side for fun all day long.

Anyway October at Vince's gym, take it or leave it.

Up to you.

What's the problem?  I have better things to do than spend my time and money meeting a GUY in Australia that wants to prove he won't get tent spiked under 405.  I called you out with a video.  Pretty simple chief.  Not hard.  Lay it out for everyone to see.  What difference does it make who does what weight where you train.  They're not the ones making the claims now are they?  LOL....Now it won't take you more than a month to do it.  You just said its easy.

Nice back peddling stumpy.  Just put a camera down and press record.  Pretty simple.  Otherwise you are just spouting numbers to make yourself out to be something you aren't.  Try your poker table bullshit with someone else.  Been doing this far longer than you.

Simple....to the point...post a video or STFU