Author Topic: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death  (Read 54723 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: 5 NYPD cops choke unarmed man to death
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2014, 08:45:36 AM »
but you didnt answer my question on the chokehold.

do you think its accurate to say that even if they hadnt have used a chokehold and the guy had died b/c of having pressure on him when he was laying down (which was a reason he died) they would still be bitching and moaning?

Of course I answered it.

That's not a fact, that's speculation and I don't think it would...or it would have been significantly reduced

I'm talking about as a whole.  Both sides will have die-hard blowhards (ex:  cops are always right vs. cops are always wrong).

BTW...how you doing in picks this year?  I'm actually looking pretty good.  Steelers not doing great but still decent!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2014, 08:52:34 AM »

Of course I answered it.

I'm talking about as a whole.  Both sides will have die-hard blowhards (ex:  cops are always right vs. cops are always wrong).
sorry I missed it, thats part of my point for a lot of people are concentrating on the chokehold even though its legal for them to use. Those same people though would still be just as angry if they chokehold hadnt been used.

BTW...how you doing in picks this year?  I'm actually looking pretty good.  Steelers not doing great but still decent!
hahah not good but im in the finals of one of my fantasy leagues this weekend so silver lining I guess.

At least the steelers are in the running, the Texans are back to where we were years ago with no QB. I am starting to feel like a browns fan here.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »
you do understand the difference between prohibited and illegal right brainchild?

Why is it prohibited, Retardo?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2014, 09:09:24 AM »
Why is it prohibited, Retardo?
I already answered that...

did he break a law by using it?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2014, 09:12:49 AM »

You never answered.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »

Whether or not it was illegal or prohibited is not the standard for whether or not he used excessive force.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »
Whether or not it was illegal or prohibited is not the standard for whether or not he used excessive force.
then why is it even a point of contention in your dumb ass argument?

so you would be just as pissed if they hadnt have used the chokehold and he had still died (which could have happend)?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2014, 09:22:51 AM »
then why is it even a point of contention in your dumb ass argument?

You know why. Answer the question- why is the hold prohibited

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
You know why. Answer the question- why is the hold prohibited
I already answered it slick....

it doesnt make it illegal and it doesnt make its use in this instance illegal....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2014, 04:59:17 PM »

it doesnt make it illegal and it doesnt make its use in this instance illegal....

THIS is why people hate cops.

In a world where the defense of their using a choke hold, then letting a man with fading pulse lay unconcsious on pavement in cuffs for ten minutes.... and the only defense is "you can't cite a law saying we can't do this..."

it shows they don't care if the people they're sworn to protect/serve, live or die.  tony, despite your cawkslobbery kneepadding for the police here, they would let you bleed out and die on the pavement in cuffs, if you possibly committed a misdeameanor then tried to walk away.  So defend it.  One day, you might try to walk away from a situation and you might get choked and left to die, and I doubt your last thought would be "well, at least they're not breaking any laws I can list..."

come on dude.  Police need to stop playing the "we let you die, but did we really do anything wrong..>"  lol

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: December 21, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »

In a world where the defense of their using a choke hold, then letting a man with fading pulse lay unconcsious on pavement in cuffs for ten minutes.... and the only defense is "you can't cite a law saying we can't do this..."

it shows they don't care if the people they're sworn to protect/serve, live or die.  tony, despite your cawkslobbery kneepadding for the police here, they would let you bleed out and die on the pavement in cuffs, if you possibly committed a misdeameanor then tried to walk away.  So defend it.  One day, you might try to walk away from a situation and you might get choked and left to die, and I doubt your last thought would be "well, at least they're not breaking any laws I can list..."

come on dude.  Police need to stop playing the "we let you die, but did we really do anything wrong..>"  lol

Great post 8)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2014, 05:50:51 PM »

LMFAO first off they wouldnt let me bleed out b/c guess what you fucknut. I WOULDNT RESIST ARREST!!!!

again you fucking bleeding hearts act like this guy was an upstanding member of the community just minding his own business when they cops jumped him.

Does the FACT he was PHYSICALLY RESISTING arrest even play into your idiotic view of the events?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2014, 06:46:54 PM »
LMFAO first off they wouldnt let me bleed out b/c guess what you fucknut. I WOULDNT RESIST ARREST!!!!

again you fucking bleeding hearts act like this guy was an upstanding member of the community just minding his own business when they cops jumped him.

Does the FACT he was PHYSICALLY RESISTING arrest even play into your idiotic view of the events?

Look, when Obama sends the police to beat down any americans protesting the Dems stealing the white house in 2016, yes, you will be classified as "resisting arrest" just for being on the street. 

So let's just assume you ARE classified as resisting arrest.

Do you suddenly deserve to be injured, cuffed, and left to bleed out on the street?  Dude, please remove the authority dick from your ass and think like a fcking american.  You have RIGHTS.   you have the right not to be forced to bleed out because you made the choice to walk away from a bullshit misdemeanor charge.  Yes, you'll have jail time for that choice, but a death sentence? 

please... it gets old seeing libs and their "oh, I don't think obama is a kenyan" and their "oh, police should be allowed to de facto execute anyone that tries to resist them".   Fucking sheep.

come on man, if obama had the police cracking skulls, you woudln't beg for a quick death, you'd be pissed too.  But since it's a punk fatass in NYC, hey, he shouldnt have resisted...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2014, 06:50:00 PM »

His entire physical resistance consisted of lifting up his arm and saying don't touch me.

For that little, tiny bit of resistance you comfortable with them taking his life.

A lot of us are not comfortable with that and find it deplorable.

As I noted, this will probably not be something people can come to an agreement on.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »

No, you didn't answer. Quote the post in which you answered.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2014, 11:33:24 AM »

His entire physical resistance consisted of lifting up his arm and saying don't touch me.

For that little, tiny bit of resistance you comfortable with them taking his life.

As I noted, this will probably not be something people can come to an agreement on.

Plus he slapped their hands away when they tried to arrest him.  I don't think that is a "tiny bit" of resistance, particularly for a man that size. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2014, 01:32:03 PM »
Plus he slapped their hands away when they tried to arrest him.  I don't think that is a "tiny bit" of resistance, particularly for a man that size. 

At no time did he slap their hands.  You can't point to a single moment in the video where that occurred.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=eric+garner+video&FORM=VIRE8#view=detail&mid=0B1FB2EF6AC1DADBD58F0B1FB2EF6AC1DADBD58F

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2014, 02:12:36 PM »

At no time did he slap their hands.  You can't point to a single moment in the video where that occurred.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=eric+garner+video&FORM=VIRE8#view=detail&mid=0B1FB2EF6AC1DADBD58F0B1FB2EF6AC1DADBD58F

did he or did he not resist arrest,resisting arrest is not broken down into  little, tiny bit of resistance or resisting arrest lol he would be alive today if he just put his hands out together

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »

True.  Doesn't look like a "slap" at 36 seconds.  He's just refusing to allow them to grab his hands or arms.  Not much of a difference IMO.  He's still resisting arrest and he's still ginormous. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »
did he or did he not resist arrest,resisting arrest is not broken down into  little, tiny bit of resistance or resisting arrest lol he would be alive today if he just put his hands out together

Yes, he resisted.  His activities were illegal and he should've owned up.

But no, not all resistance is the same.  As an aside, the cops do it when it benefits them.  I still remember the Rodney King beating where they argued that even King's slightest movements justified the beating.

In this case, there are no tiny bits being broken down.  The guy offered light resistance.  For that, they took his life.

Sorry, but I'm not comfortable with that.

Add in the fact that not one cop took any action to help this guy after he told them he couldn't breath and the cop that crushed his neck happily waved to the camera, it's nothing more than disgusting.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2014, 02:35:08 PM »
Plus he slapped their hands away when they tried to arrest him.  I don't think that is a "tiny bit" of resistance, particularly for a man that size.  

for a man "his size" he could have been A LOT more aggressive and wasn't...he was protesting and was mouthing off but cops get that all the time.....and still it has not been established that he was selling cigs on that day.... not saying he's an angel and not saying he wasn't a prolific seller, but was he selling them on that day at that time..that still has not been established in my mind...

what I'm saying is that an offense of that nature SHOULD NOT escalate to where a cop had to take the guy's life....

same as with the Brown case.....the officer told him to stop walking in the street...how does that escalate into the officer having to kill the guy???..people here in NY city walk in the middle of the street all the time.....all the cop had to do was tell him, give him a warning and then go about his patrol...why stop and confront the guy over something so STUPID???..yes Brown was an asshole but he didn't deserve to die

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #271 on: December 22, 2014, 02:42:50 PM »
for a man "his size" he could have been A LOT more aggressive and wasn't...he was protesting and was mouthing off but cops get that all the time.....and still it has not been established that he was selling cigs on that day.... not saying he's an angel and not saying he wasn't a prolific seller, but was he selling them on that day at that time..that still has not been established in my mind...

what I'm saying is that an offense of that nature SHOULD NOT escalate to where a cop had to take the guy's life....

same as with the Brown case.....the officer told him to stop walking in the street...how does that escalate into the officer having to kill the guy???..people here in NY city walk in the middle of the street all the time.....all the cop had to do was tell him, give him a warning and then go about his patrol...why stop and confront the guy over something so STUPID???..yes Brown was an asshole but he didn't deserve to die

Of brother - Brown ASSAULTED Wilson and went for his gun and went after jhim a second time 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: December 22, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »
Of brother - Brown ASSAULTED Wilson and went for his gun and went after jhim a second time 

again...shouldn't have gotten to that point.......if the guy wants to walk in the middle of the street, let him...who cares???...the REAL problem is that cops try to enforce the laws more harshly on minorities than they do on others.....this is what leads to needless confrontations like this

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #273 on: December 22, 2014, 03:10:57 PM »
again...shouldn't have gotten to that point.......if the guy wants to walk in the middle of the street, let him...who cares???...the REAL problem is that cops try to enforce the laws more harshly on minorities than they do on others.....this is what leads to needless confrontations like this

lol let the people do what they want,just look the other way,toooo much

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: December 22, 2014, 03:20:04 PM »

come on dude cut the fucking shit...

where did I say I was ok with him taking his life?

I am perfectly ok with them physically taking down a guy who is physically resisting arrest. That is what they did here skip, they didnt set out with intent to kill this man.