Author Topic: Food poisoning  (Read 9693 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: Food poisoning
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2014, 05:29:40 AM »
my wife has been rattling on about me going gluten free for ages

when i got poorly i said id get tested

i just discussed it with the doctor about gluten free and he concurred

to be fair to him he is one of those docs that doesnt want to load you up on meds to treat the symptoms

but rather address the cause

Any chance of a false positive on the test? Especially considering you are getting over an illness and meds for that?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2014, 12:00:20 PM »
Have a guess, based on my previuos posts.

I don't like assuming things about people, which is why I asked if you were gluten intolerant. If you want me to guess, then I would guess that at least you think you are gluten intolerant. It is somewhat difficult to medically diagnose gluten intolerance, but there are tests available. Has a doctor diagnosed you with this condition or is this a self diagnosis? Unfortunately, a lot of people are self-diagnosing this condition. People who aren't gluten intolerant need gluten in their diet.

Simple Simon

« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2014, 12:02:49 PM »
I don't like assuming things about people, which is why I asked if you were gluten intolerant. If you want me to guess, then I would guess that at least you think you are gluten intolerant. It is somewhat difficult to medically diagnose gluten intolerance, but there are tests available. Has a doctor diagnosed you with this condition or is this a self diagnosis? Unfortunately, a lot of people are self-diagnosing this condition. People who aren't gluten intolerant need gluten in their diet.
How on earth have you come to that conclusion, Im genuinely interested.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2014, 12:13:58 PM »
How on earth have you come to that conclusion, Im genuinely interested.

Which conclusion? That you may have self-diagnosed being gluten intolerant? Or that people who aren't gluten intolerant need some gluten in their diet?

Here are some interesting documents regarding gluten intolerance and how folks are dealing with this today.

ww.webmd.com/diet/healthy-kitchen-11/truth-about-gluten]http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthy-kitchen-11/truth-about-gluten

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/gluten-free-diet/art-20048530

http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fit/lose-weight/myth-gluten-free

The Truth: Only about one percent of the American population needs to be gluten-free because of an autoimmune disorder called celiac disease. Most people do not have to worry about gluten and should eat whole grains as part of a balanced diet.

[/quote]A decade ago, few Americans had heard of gluten. Today, one survey says, almost a third are trying to avoid the element found in grain. In growing numbers, the world's biggest food makers and restaurant chains are retooling recipes and labels to tap into the concern, creating a multibillion-dollar business out of gluten-free products.[/quote]

Simple Simon

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2014, 12:16:24 PM »
Are you trolling, surely you cant be so off the mark on purpose.

Im not gluten intolerant at all, not in the slightest at no point have I indicated I am.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2014, 12:27:36 PM »
Are you trolling, surely you cant be so off the mark on purpose.

Im not gluten intolerant at all, not in the slightest at no point have I indicated I am.

You are right of course. I thought I read that you indicated you were gluten free. Looking back through the posts, I see that I was mistaken and that you did not post that at all. You simply complained about folks getting gluten free products using government assistance. Sorry for the misunderstanding. There was no intent to troll you. Of this you can be sure.

Unless someone is on the dole anyway, I see no reason why they should be given money to pay for a special diet. Because eating gluten free foods is a big craze, they tend to be more expensive to buy, much like organic foods are. Most people overeat anyway, seems like they could just eat a little less to compensate for the additional cost of gluten free foods....instead of two slices of gluten free bread, have one slice, for example.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2014, 12:45:35 PM »
i feel worse reading prime muscles post

than the actual illness itself

you need to edit you content a little

and not jump from one comment i make to diagnosing celiac and shit like that
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »
You are right of course. I thought I read that you indicated you were gluten free. Looking back through the posts, I see that I was mistaken and that you did not post that at all. You simply complained about folks getting gluten free products using government assistance. Sorry for the misunderstanding. There was no intent to troll you. Of this you can be sure.

Unless someone is on the dole anyway, I see no reason why they should be given money to pay for a special diet. Because gluten eating free foods are a big craze, they tend to be more expensive to buy, much like organic foods are. Most people overeat anyway, seems like they could just eat a little less to compensate for the additional cost of gluten free foods....instead of two slices of gluten free bread, have one slice, for example.
They shouldnt be given it full fucking stop.
Want Gluten free foods, get off your gluten free arse.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »
They shouldnt be given it full fucking stop.
Want Gluten free foods, get off your gluten free arse.

i have claimed exactly zero pounds of the state since i left school
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2014, 12:57:44 PM »
i have claimed exactly zero pounds of the state since i left school
I left school during the depression claimed a bit between jobs  ;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2014, 01:05:03 PM »
I left school during the depression claimed a bit between jobs  ;D

as long as you werent claiming niche grocery products

then i dont think you are a hypocrit
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2014, 01:11:15 PM »
as long as you werent claiming niche grocery products

then i dont think you are a hypocrit
;D

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2014, 08:59:48 AM »
Gluten free pizzas are shit

And this is why. And how to improve it.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2014, 09:03:57 AM »
And this is why. And how to improve it.

thanks joon

il give this a go  :-*
T

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »
Not watching joon's vid but you can add guar gum or xanthan to it to sticky it up a bit

still shite though

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2014, 09:56:54 PM »
I thought it was finally clear I'm not one of Joon's gimmicks...  ::)

Video: To improve the dough add some xanthan gum to trap air in dough, some baking soda (with yeast already added, for extra air in dough) and almond flour (extra protein to brown the dough during baking).

Haven't tried this dough yet, as we only eat pizza 3-4 times a year.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2014, 10:01:08 PM »
I dabbled in some recently, undercooked mexican chorizo. Drunk cooking. Never good.

lol

Been there..... lol