Author Topic: Ferguson 'victim' has rap sheet, robbed store same morning  (Read 79201 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Ferguson 'victim' has rap sheet, robbed store same morning
« Reply #325 on: August 24, 2014, 06:20:49 AM »
link to the study showing whites are more likely to be carrying drugs and guns.
bump for a link

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #326 on: August 24, 2014, 06:26:03 AM »
bump for a link

She lives in bizarro world. Do you notice the mental gymnastics people will go through to dismiss a problem exists. Its always the fault ofsomeone else, the system is against us, it's racism......   The wheel keeps spinning, nothing changes and the excuses keep coming.
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: August 24, 2014, 06:38:19 AM »
She lives in bizarro world. Do you notice the mental gymnastics people will go through to dismiss a problem exists. Its always the fault ofsomeone else, the system is against us, it's racism......   The wheel keeps spinning, nothing changes and the excuses keep coming.
whats funny is the dissonance that some people have in terms of race and facts. They seem to be so repulsed by the idea that a certain race commits more crime or that issues within certain communities cause great detriment to those who make up the community.

Is there racism? sure there is, does it keep anyone down that is determined to succeed? 99.99% of the time no it doesnt.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: August 24, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »
Meh.  If his face was swollen it doesn't really matter to me if he had a broken bone.  The swelling is pretty solid evidence that he was attacked. 

No, it's just as easily evidence of self-defense, unless your mind is already made up - as yours seems to clearly be.

From everything I've read, they haven't substantiated that he was the thug robbing the store.  He had no criminal record.  Why would somebody with no criminal record, just start punching a cop?

I suppose it's possible, and may pan out that way when we know all the facts, but it seems unlikely.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »
I never stole it from anyone. My source told me. If they heard it from the same people that radio station heard it from I don't know, ...but this is the first I'm hearing of that radio station. I'm in Canada remember. The CRTC goes to great lengths to limit the amount of "cultural pollution" (their term, not mine) that makes it across the airwaves from the USA.

Yeah, you're post and the facebook post just 'happened' to match up, nearly verbatim, lol.  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #330 on: August 24, 2014, 03:32:28 PM »

No, it's just as easily evidence of self-defense, unless your mind is already made up - as yours seems to clearly be.

From everything I've read, they haven't substantiated that he was the thug robbing the store.  He had no criminal record.  Why would somebody with no criminal record, just start punching a cop?

I suppose it's possible, and may pan out that way when we know all the facts, but it seems unlikely.

Self-defense against what?   Brown just robbed a liquor and a cop approached him, raising his anxiety level.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #331 on: August 24, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »
Self-defense against what?   Brown just robbed a liquor and a cop approached him, raising his anxiety level.

ehhhhh

the fact it's been 2 weeks and both city/county police departments PASSED on an actual autopsy, nobody is releasing anything aobut the shooting but we have a dictionary about the robbery lol..

I'm betting there will be some big discrepancy that cannot be quite explained away... Maybe the robber beat up the cop, turned to flee, and the cop regained his poise and fired a round... dude attacked again and got wasted.  totally understanable, but questionable on the legality side of it, to plug a dude running away with no clear felony other than eluding on the menu.

IMO, that's why it's been silent on that front.  Do I think the cop should be charged?  NO NO NO.  Do I think he was dazed and pissed off royally and embarassed?  Of course. Do I think cop probably shot a dude fleeing with bullet #1?  yep.   But he shoudln't go to jail for it.  Real life shit is real life shit.  Brown had no choice by to charge or catch rounds in the back, and at that point, he was lights out either way. 

Brown charges and catches the rest of the bullets and maybe gets "one for good measure"... clear headshot from above at the end. 

Cop might be a cold blooded dude, he may never deserve to ever walk the beat again if he did issue a headshot to a dude after wasting him.  But after getting his ass whopped, he probbaly wasn't thinking clearly.  Again, it's real life. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2014, 03:51:36 PM »
ehhhhh

the fact it's been 2 weeks and both city/county police departments PASSED on an actual autopsy, nobody is releasing anything aobut the shooting but we have a dictionary about the robbery lol..

I'm betting there will be some big discrepancy that cannot be quite explained away... Maybe the robber beat up the cop, turned to flee, and the cop regained his poise and fired a round... dude attacked again and got wasted.  totally understanable, but questionable on the legality side of it, to plug a dude running away with no clear felony other than eluding on the menu.

IMO, that's why it's been silent on that front.  Do I think the cop should be charged?  NO NO NO.  Do I think he was dazed and pissed off royally and embarassed?  Of course. Do I think cop probably shot a dude fleeing with bullet #1?  yep.   But he shoudln't go to jail for it.  Real life shit is real life shit.  Brown had no choice by to charge or catch rounds in the back, and at that point, he was lights out either way. 

Brown charges and catches the rest of the bullets and maybe gets "one for good measure"... clear headshot from above at the end. 

Cop might be a cold blooded dude, he may never deserve to ever walk the beat again if he did issue a headshot to a dude after wasting him.  But after getting his ass whopped, he probbaly wasn't thinking clearly.  Again, it's real life. 

You have no evidence of the  cops state of mind.  You used this same pop psychology to create an elaborate scenario for the zimmerman case.  One shot while fleeing is unlikely. There is a pattern of shots and your theoretical one shot from behind clearly belongs to the grouping of shots from the front. The shot at the top of Browns head resulted from his body being in motion.    You need to simplify the way you look at situations and stick to facts instead of creating unnecessary and overblown psycho-dramas. 
A

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2014, 03:54:39 PM »

Against a cop grabbing him by the neck and trying to jerk him into the car.  And the robbery hasn't been substantiated yet, so maybe, maybe not, IDK.

I'll pose the same question to you.  Why would somebody who had no criminal record suddenly decide one day to rob a store and beat up a cop?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2014, 04:03:13 PM »

Against a cop grabbing him by the neck and trying to jerk him into the car.  And the robbery hasn't been substantiated yet, so maybe, maybe not, IDK.

I'll pose the same question to you.  Why would somebody who had no criminal record suddenly decide one day to rob a store and beat up a cop?

The video clearly shows its him.  His accomplice admits they stole the cigars.  Are you out of your mind?   Not having a criminal record doesnt mean the person isn't violent or hasnt previously comitted a crime, it only means they hadn't been caught.  Every criminal has a clean record at some point.

He stole the cigars, the cop approached him shortly afterwards.  His adrenaline and anxiety levels were up and he reacted. He didnt want to get caught.
A

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2014, 04:11:20 PM »
The video clearly shows its him.  His accomplice admits they stole the cigars.  Are you out of your mind?   Not having a criminal record doesnt mean the person isn't violent or hasnt previously comitted a crime, it only means they hadn't been caught.  Every criminal has a clean record at some point.

He stole the cigars, the cop approached him shortly afterwards.  His adrenaline and anxiety levels were up and he reacted. He didnt want to get caught.

No, I was not aware that an admission has been made - so be it.

It is not common for someone to be violent and make it to 18 without getting caught.  That's not to say it doesn't happen, just I'm not ready to jump the gun.

Hell, I don't even mind if the cop shoots someone in the back - depending on circumstances - as I'm not big on this bullshit of trying to break down every micro-second of what occurred.  I'm just seeing one assumption after another, with very little facts being released.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2014, 05:00:51 PM »
You have no evidence of the  cops state of mind.

Cop just got his face smashed in.   

I'm actually EXCUSING him, *IF* he pulled piece and opened fire as Brown tried to flee.

technically, unless brown is about to hurt another, he can't put a bullet his way.  He can't read minds either.  No forcible felony in just runnning.

But IF he did, hey, he's human and getting face smashed in had to hurt.  He'd look very weak to other cops & society if he just took a whooping then had to call it in. 

So I'm saying - given we had a HIGHLY detailed robbery report quickly and 2 weeks, neither agency did a report or an actual autopsy - there is something in the situation that would piss off the rioters more. 

Look, 99% of cops do a great job, and this guy seems like a good cop too.  If he shot someone fleeing and/or issued headshot after all that, hey, I don't see prison time.  State of mind, etc.  But if that's the case, dude isn't cut out for police work.  Put him on a desk.  Can't handle himself, can't control weapon.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2014, 05:06:28 PM »
Cop just got his face smashed in.   

I'm actually EXCUSING him, *IF* he pulled piece and opened fire as Brown tried to flee.

technically, unless brown is about to hurt another, he can't put a bullet his way.  He can't read minds either.  No forcible felony in just runnning.

But IF he did, hey, he's human and getting face smashed in had to hurt.  He'd look very weak to other cops & society if he just took a whooping then had to call it in. 

So I'm saying - given we had a HIGHLY detailed robbery report quickly and 2 weeks, neither agency did a report or an actual autopsy - there is something in the situation that would piss off the rioters more. 

Look, 99% of cops do a great job, and this guy seems like a good cop too.  If he shot someone fleeing and/or issued headshot after all that, hey, I don't see prison time.  State of mind, etc.  But if that's the case, dude isn't cut out for police work.  Put him on a desk.  Can't handle himself, can't control weapon.

Buddy, next time I'm in Florida we need to have a drink a shoot the breeze.  I have a feeling we could talk for hours.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »
Buddy, next time I'm in Florida we need to have a drink a shoot the breeze.  I have a feeling we could talk for hours.

this is true.  There would be 275 IQ points at the table between us.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »

My mind isn't clearly made up.  Where are you getting that from?  I'm one of the few who is actually waiting for the evidence to come in.

I also think things usually are as they appear to be.  The scenario described by the alleged eyewitnesses doesn't make sense and isn't adding up.  The kid wasn't shot in the back.  I seriously doubt he was on his knees with his hands up saying I surrender when he was shot.  Yes it's possible the cop just executed the kid in broad daylight in front of everyone, but that doesn't make sense to me. 

I also seriously doubt a cop would try and pull a 6'3" 300 pound "kid" into his police car through the window.  Does that really make sense to you? 

I also think the fact this kid had just robbed a store and was probably high are important factors. 

And we don't know if the kid has a criminal record, because he was only 18.  Juvenile records are usually not made public. 

In any event, no I haven't made up my mind, but I am leaning based on the information that has been coming out. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »

Yeah, you're post and the facebook post just 'happened' to match up, nearly verbatim, lol.  ::)

Did it? I wouldn't know. I didn't see the link.
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2014, 05:32:21 PM »
My mind isn't clearly made up.  Where are you getting that from?  I'm one of the few who is actually waiting for the evidence to come in.

I also think things usually are as they appear to be.  The scenario described by the alleged eyewitnesses doesn't make sense and isn't adding up.  The kid wasn't shot in the back.  I seriously doubt he was on his knees with his hands up saying I surrender when he was shot.  Yes it's possible the cop just executed the kid in broad daylight in front of everyone, but that doesn't make sense to me. 

I also seriously doubt a cop would try and pull a 6'3" 300 pound "kid" into his police car through the window.  Does that really make sense to you? 

I also think the fact this kid had just robbed a store and was probably high are important factors. 

And we don't know if the kid has a criminal record, because he was only 18.  Juvenile records are usually not made public. 

In any event, no I haven't made up my mind, but I am leaning based on the information that has been coming out. 

From your posts, of course, lol.

I don't really buy that this kid just stuck his body in the cop car and started punching the cop only to be seen by multiple witnesses as trying to push himself away from the car.  Maybe, but that doesn't come across as reasonable to me.  If the officer initiated and escalated the fight, then I've got a problem with that.

But, we'll see where the rabbit hole goes.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2014, 05:35:21 PM »

I don't really buy that this kid just stuck his body in the cop car and started punching the cop only to be seen by multiple witnesses as trying to push himself away from the car.  Maybe, but that doesn't come across as reasonable to me.  If the officer initiated and escalated the fight, then I've got a problem with that.

whats more likely to you skip. The guy who just got done robbing a store assaults a cop with his friend right next to him or a cop with no record of abusing his authority tries to pull a oversized kid through his car window with his friend as a witness standing right there?

if you had to put your money on one of them where is your money going?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:31 PM »

I don't really buy that this kid just stuck his body in the cop car and started punching the cop only to be seen by multiple witnesses as trying to push himself away from the car.  Maybe, but that doesn't come across as reasonable to me.  If the officer initiated and escalated the fight, then I've got a problem with that.

I suspect that the confrontation started the way the kid's friend said, with the cop trying to open his door and the "gentle giant" pushing the door shut.  What happened after that?  I don't really know.  But I don't believe those people who said he was shot in the back (the autopsy confirmed he was not).  Those same people are the ones who said he was on his knees with his hands up when he was shot, so you have to question their credibility. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2014, 05:57:08 PM »
whats more likely to you skip. The guy who just got done robbing a store assaults a cop with his friend right next to him or a cop with no record of abusing his authority tries to pull a oversized kid through his car window with his friend as a witness standing right there?

if you had to put your money on one of them where is your money going?

I think this is what we're stuck with Tony:

"Witnesses have given investigators conflicting accounts of what occurred. The biggest differences have arisen in describing what happened after Brown ran away from Wilson’s car, as the New York Times reported:

Some witnesses say that Mr. Brown, 18, moved toward Officer Wilson, possibly in a threatening manner, when the officer shot him dead. But others say that Mr. Brown was not moving and may even have had his hands up when he was killed….

Several witnesses have told investigators that Mr. Brown stopped and turned around with his arms up. According to his account to the Ferguson police, Officer Wilson said that Mr. Brown had lowered his arms and moved toward him, law enforcement officials said. Fearing that the teenager was going to attack him, the officer decided to use deadly force. Some witnesses have backed up that account. Others, however — including Mr. Johnson — have said that Mr. Brown did not move toward the officer before the final shots were fired."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/21/here-is-everything-police-and-witnesses-said-happened-when-michael-brown-was-killed/

And the truth is muddled somewhere in the middle, lol.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2014, 06:17:02 PM »

I think this is what we're stuck with Tony:

"Witnesses have given investigators conflicting accounts of what occurred. The biggest differences have arisen in describing what happened after Brown ran away from Wilson’s car, as the New York Times reported:

Some witnesses say that Mr. Brown, 18, moved toward Officer Wilson, possibly in a threatening manner, when the officer shot him dead. But others say that Mr. Brown was not moving and may even have had his hands up when he was killed….

Several witnesses have told investigators that Mr. Brown stopped and turned around with his arms up. According to his account to the Ferguson police, Officer Wilson said that Mr. Brown had lowered his arms and moved toward him, law enforcement officials said. Fearing that the teenager was going to attack him, the officer decided to use deadly force. Some witnesses have backed up that account. Others, however — including Mr. Johnson — have said that Mr. Brown did not move toward the officer before the final shots were fired."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/21/here-is-everything-police-and-witnesses-said-happened-when-michael-brown-was-killed/

And the truth is muddled somewhere in the middle, lol.
completely agreed with you.

That being said you didnt answer my question. Those who have said he was shot while his hands in the air also said that he was shot in the back one of which was his accomplice in the robbery that took place minutes before the the shooting.

Your stance right now is that its more likely that a cop with no record of abuse even though he has worked 4 years in a predominately black community without provacation attempted to pull an oversized male through a car window. As opposed to a person who had minutes before robbed a store of sweets to roll blunts with assaulting an officer who was stopping them.

I mean come on man, it really sounds like you have your mind made up.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2014, 06:28:34 PM »
completely agreed with you.

That being said you didnt answer my question. Those who have said he was shot while his hands in the air also said that he was shot in the back one of which was his accomplice in the robbery that took place minutes before the the shooting.

Your stance right now is that its more likely that a cop with no record of abuse even though he has worked 4 years in a predominately black community without provacation attempted to pull an oversized male through a car window. As opposed to a person who had minutes before robbed a store of sweets to roll blunts with assaulting an officer who was stopping them.

I mean come on man, it really sounds like you have your mind made up.

I think my problem is I would give both stories equal weight at this point.  Cop could've gotten too aggressive, Brown could've gotten too aggressive.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2014, 06:29:29 PM »
the fact that it's been 2 weeks...

the local city and county PASSED on delivering an autopsy...

the failure of them to issue any report, while the robbery report had an instant awesome report...

Well, let's just say, if they had their ducks in a row 100%, we would have seen it very quickly.  ANY time the police are 100% in the right, they let you know quick, and loudly lol.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: August 25, 2014, 06:46:10 PM »
the fact that it's been 2 weeks...

the local city and county PASSED on delivering an autopsy...

the failure of them to issue any report, while the robbery report had an instant awesome report...

Well, let's just say, if they had their ducks in a row 100%, we would have seen it very quickly.  ANY time the police are 100% in the right, they let you know quick, and loudly lol.
the robbery took like 3 or 4 days to come out and was released the same day the ID of the officer was.

Why do you constantly need to make shit up?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #349 on: August 25, 2014, 06:48:10 PM »
More White House officials at Michael Brown's funeral than Thatcher's | Fox News
FOXNEWS.COM ^ | 2014-08-25
Posted on August 25, 2014 at 9:11:07 PM EDT by FreeAtlanta

The White House sent three officials to attend Monday's funeral for Michael Brown in St. Louis -- three more than it sent for former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's funeral last year.

Article Link: More White House officials at Michael Brown’s funeral than Thatcher’s | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/25/more-white-house-officials-at-michael-browns-funeral-than-thatchers/)

Posted with Article Posting Assistant: (http://code-happy.bahits.com/?p=62)