Author Topic: organically produced food - is it truly superior food or just a scam?  (Read 367592 times)

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
Re: organically produced food - is it truly superior food or just a scam?
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »
and if so why are you not buying it

Gotta say scam or negligible difference that is not worth the difference in pricing..Although i don't regularly shop at whole foods i was there with my girlfriend and the broccoli looked much better than i buy elsewhere...cleaner = more pesticides and more chemicals so i think it can be decieving and at the end of the day nobody should give that much of a f*ck imo

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »
Gotta say scam or negligible difference that is not worth the difference in pricing..Although i don't regularly shop at whole foods i was there with my girlfriend and the broccoli looked much better than i buy elsewhere...cleaner = more pesticides and more chemicals so i think it can be decieving and at the end of the day nobody should give that much of a f*ck imo

Sometimes organic foods, especially vegetables and fruits are visually less attractive then their non-organic counterparts. Non-organic plants and fruits are genetically altered using plant steroids, fertilizers and pesticides to grow them bigger. One great example is strawberries. Naturally grown strawberries are much smaller, not mealy, and have a considerably sweeter taste then genetically altered ones do.

Exactly how these things affect the human body is not clearly understood at this point. There is some indication that commercially produced non-organic foods contribute to obesity. For example if cows and chickens are given steroids, does some residual remain in the meat when we eat it?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 11:43:53 PM »
Sometimes organic foods, especially vegetables and fruits are visually less attractive then their non-organic counterparts. Non-organic plants and fruits are genetically altered using plant steroids, fertilizers and pesticides to grow them bigger. One great example is strawberries. Naturally grown strawberries are much smaller, not mealy, and have a considerably sweeter taste then genetically altered ones do.

Exactly how these things affect the human body is not clearly understood at this point. There is some indication that commercially produced non-organic foods contribute to obesity. For example if cows and chickens are given steroids, does some residual remain in the meat when we eat it?
it could explain the rampant baldness among young people

but since females are not affected i doubt that's the case

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 02:17:26 PM »
it could explain the rampant baldness among young people

but since females are not affected i doubt that's the case

Currently, it is believed that PB (male pattern baldness) results from a combination of androgen levels and a genetic predisposition
(Bertolino & Freedberg, 1987; Odom et al., 2000).