Author Topic: How I Picture Married Life....  (Read 28184 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: How I Picture Married Life....
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »
Found. Albeit "Accomplished in whatever" might be a stretch. Nurse practitioner, owned/owns home when I met her, few investments, $140k+ year. She could be doing better but that's me trying to bring out the best possible in her.

Sounds like a good catch.

Why would a guy settle for anything less.
P

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »
And the fellas saying they were financially ruined after a divorce. Lots of women out there are earning big money. Try not scraping the bottom of the barrel ???

This.

And I'm also laughing all of these getbig millionaires.

Worried they are going to lose half of their 86 fkng dollars they have in their checking account

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »
This.

And I'm also laughing all of these getbig millionaires.

Worried they are going to lose half of their 86 fkng dollars they have in their checking account
bhahahahahahahaha too funny. 

You just know this is true too

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2014, 12:58:59 PM »
so a single guys view of relationships and marriage

most single guys will tell you how great being single is as a cover up for actually being very lonely. it's kind of a compensating reflex in guys as as men it's cool to be tough and emotionless and it seems to be a trait highly regarded by other guys.

I had a married friend once say to me 'man I want your life. you have these great stories you travel you party your with this chick and that chick etc etc'. I looked at him I said keith, for all the stories I tell you an this chick and that chick and this trip and that party you don't hear abt the nights I'm alone reading a book or watching a movie by myself on the couch. that's when being single for a lot of guys will suck if your not truly meant to be alone. he's like no way I want your life.

fast fwd 2 years. he gets divorced. he was on the downslope of his relationship anyway so this came as no surprise. he starts living the life of the single guy. he comes to me several months later and says your right. being single does suck.

the grass is always greener on the other side. now hes re married and a happy dude. sure he goes thru bullshit but that's what you do in a relationship. they aren't perfect. they need work, attention, sacrifice and compromise.

for some reason I've always been a better friend than a boyfriend. every one of my exs and I maintain good relationships to this day save one, some going back 15 years. my last few relationships I've maintained relationships where I'd be the first person they would come to if they ever needed help.

that's what's important to me. I'm not meant to be the boyfriend or spouse. I just don't have it me. but I do have it in me to be the best friend a person could have in their life. that's my gift. I'm not gifted to be a good partner or spouse

I think the concept of marriage and family and values is an awesome one- in fact I think it's a backbone of society. I see my friends w their kids and it makes me happy to see the joy they get from them. it's a really pure thing.

to you married guys out there. take what you hear abt single life w a grain of salt. if your not really comfortable being by yourself it's really going to suck and your lonliness will feel 10 fold after being w someone 24/7.

I d add you can perfectly be alone here and there as much as you want while being a family man if you manage things correctly. Once you re old and kids have left, you ll be facing largely enough loneliness for your liking anyway.
 Also just because you never felt like being able to be a decent  husband/father doesnt mean you cant be one in the future. You re probably lurking around other people's families to learn what is best and what not to reproduce once you re ready to do it yourself.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »

I know you have banged a ton of broads, I've done the same, after while you start to crave a little more out of the opposite sex. (Complete and utter homo) We know we have options when it comes to woman so why not pick one that's at least some what established, at the minimum.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2014, 01:03:43 PM »

most single guys will tell you how great being single is as a cover up for actually being very lonely. it's kind of a compensating reflex in guys as as men it's cool to be tough and emotionless and it seems to be a trait highly regarded by other guys.

I had a married friend once say to me 'man I want your life. you have these great stories you travel you party your with this chick and that chick etc etc'. I looked at him I said keith, for all the stories I tell you an this chick and that chick and this trip and that party you don't hear abt the nights I'm alone reading a book or watching a movie by myself on the couch. that's when being single for a lot of guys will suck if your not truly meant to be alone. he's like no way I want your life.

fast fwd 2 years. he gets divorced. he was on the downslope of his relationship anyway so this came as no surprise. he starts living the life of the single guy. he comes to me several months later and says your right. being single does suck.

the grass is always greener on the other side. now hes re married and a happy dude. sure he goes thru bullshit but that's what you do in a relationship. they aren't perfect. they need work, attention, sacrifice and compromise.

for some reason I've always been a better friend than a boyfriend. every one of my exs and I maintain good relationships to this day save one, some going back 15 years. my last few relationships I've maintained relationships where I'd be the first person they would come to if they ever needed help.

that's what's important to me. I'm not meant to be the boyfriend or spouse. I just don't have it me. but I do have it in me to be the best friend a person could have in their life. that's my gift. I'm not gifted to be a good partner or spouse

I think the concept of marriage and family and values is an awesome one- in fact I think it's a backbone of society. I see my friends w their kids and it makes me happy to see the joy they get from them. it's a really pure thing.

to you married guys out there. take what you hear abt single life w a grain of salt. if your not really comfortable being by yourself it's really going to suck and your lonliness will feel 10 fold after being w someone 24/7.

you just gotta find out who you are, what your gifts are and go from there. be happy with what you have in your relationship and, not wanting what you don't.

Solid post.

I also used to get all the envy from my mate's about being with different girls all the time. This brings more drama and stress than one can realise unless you're just sleeping with paid hookers. The amount of times girls flip on me and call me names cos I go bold after 1st or 5th date. The amount of girls that play all sort of games to try an keep you or get something out...etc. it was a constant drama

I would spend a great weekend with a beautiful girl, we get along like a house on fire and sex us amazing, then she asks when are we seeing each other next....I'm like I had no plans to take this further. I'm ashamed to say I have brought tears and hurt on many people before, this is despite telling them from the get go that I'm not after a relationship. Someone will always get attached and want more.

S

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »

I don't speak abt x's life on here mostly our friendship as really it's not my place but he's got apart from all that stuff a 'stand by me' woman. she's no bullshit, straight up and stand up. in that they are both peas in a pod.  

b

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »
my wife was marrying down when she walked down the aisle with me ... and I come from a fairly well-to-do Canadian family, am a lawyer living the good life etc.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2014, 01:52:45 PM »

you just gotta find out who you are, what your gifts are and go from there. be happy with what you have in your relationship and, not wanting what you don't.
Dude...lonely?
What the fuck man? If your an adult with a career worth having, how the fuck are you ever alone? You work your ass off, you have your mates after work to carry on with, a few pieces of azz to call at a moments notice etc. Who has time to sit home at night and watch TV?
There is not a single guy out there that has his act  together that would EVER trade with a married guy...EVER!!!
Get a grip man-
Being married is being castrated-I don't care how cool your wife is and what type of coin she makes-she still gets her period, still has fucked up hormones, still has mood swings etc.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2014, 01:56:22 PM »
Dude...lonely?
What the fuck man? If your an adult with a career worth having, how the fuck are you ever alone? You work your ass off, you have your mates after work to carry on with, a few pieces of azz to call at a moments notice etc. Who has time to sit home at night and watch TV?
There is not a single guy out there that has his act  together that would EVER trade with a married guy...EVER!!!
Get a grip man-
Being married is being castrated-I don't care how cool your wife is and what type of coin she makes-she still gets her period, still has fucked up hormones, still has mood swings etc.

Really?  I freaking love alone time.  Always have, even when I was single.  I'd stay at home and read books all the time. 

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2014, 01:59:05 PM »
Really?  I freaking love alone time.  Always have, even when I was single.  I'd stay at home and read books all the time. 
Alone time is different from "lonely"...

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2014, 02:06:32 PM »
Dude...lonely?
There is not a single guy out there that has his act  together that would EVER trade with a married guy...EVER!!!
Get a grip man-

lol you need to relax.

before you lose your grip over my post to play the man take a minute to re read it.

lemme know where I said I was lonely. in fact let me know anywhere in my post I allude to being anything but comfortable being alone.

I'm far from 'lonely'. I want female companionship I have a cell full of numbers I can call. I want to hang w my buddies likewise.  

for me being single is suited to my personality. for you to say age guy who has his shit together and is single would rather that than be married is a blanket statement that might apply to you, but to not all single guys. I know a single guy who's got good loot. 2 businesses. good looking dude. wants nothing more to settle down.

your post is ignorant at best. you cant make assumptions based on your life or the one you wish to portray that applies to all single males.
b

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2014, 02:09:44 PM »
lol you need to relax.

before you lose your grip over my post to play the man take a minute to re read it.

lemme know where I said I was lonely. in fact let me know anywhere in my post I allude to being anything but comfortable being alone.

I'm far from 'lonely'. I want female companionship I have a cell full of numbers I can call. I want to hang w my buddies likewise.  

for me being single is suited to my personality. for you to say age guy who has his shit together and is single would rather that than be married is a blanket statement that might apply to you, but to not all single guys. I know a single guy who's got good loot. 2 businesses. good looking dude. wants nothing more to settle down.

your post is ignorant at best. you cant make assumptions based on your life or the one you wish to portray that applies to all single males.

I can attest to the cell full of numbers of friends as I am one of them. Lol

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2014, 02:32:06 PM »
I can attest to the cell full of numbers of friends as I am one of them. Lol

this is a good point actually in this discussion.

when your comfortable being alone you don't need to be in communication w someone constantly. or hang out w them constantly. but with the good friendships you don't need to. no matter when you talk or when finally hang out there's no lag. x and I might go weeks w/o txting each other. fuck man when was the last time we hung out even? that day we shot hoops and trained or canada day?

I called a vg friend of mine the other day. I was driving so I didn't want to txt. he picks up the phone and says 'what's wrong?'. that's how little I actually call my friends. but you know what? I could call any one of my friends if I were in trouble and they'd be the first to bail me out. those are how great the relationships I have. but the need to constantly cultivate then or be in touch doesht exist. they're just 'there'. and that's how a true friendship should be.

I'm comfortable alone or in a crowd. doesn't matter. Im more than able to function well in either environment. I know guys who are single who got their shit together who want nothing mpre than a family or kids.  

if ANYONE could come on here say being single is awesome it's me, but that's an ignorant blanket statement that is far from the truth for a lot of guys.

it's great when your 20-30-40. what happens when your pushing 50-60 when what you want is companionship and someone just to be there? that's when the wheat gets separated from the chaff in the whole 'being single is awesome' mantra everyone preaches.

I'm trying to keep a neutral position here cause 'being single is awesome!' just doesht fit for a lot of guys. and for anyone to suggest it's cause they are weak or need someone is utter bullshit.
b

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2014, 02:44:11 PM »

''I have never been married''

''I speak from experience here fellas''

::)  Oh brother

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2014, 02:50:23 PM »
this is a good point actually in this discussion.

when your comfortable being alone you don't need to be in communication w someone constantly. or hang out w them constantly. but with the good friendships you don't need to. no matter when you talk or when finally hang out there's no lag. x and I might go weeks w/o txting each other. fuck man when was the last time we hung out even? that day we shot hoops and trained or canada day?

I called a vg friend of mine the other day. I was driving so I didn't want to txt. he picks up the phone and says 'what's wrong?'. that's how little I actually call my friends. but you know what? I could call any one of my friends if I were in trouble and they'd be the first to bail me out. those are how great the relationships I have. but the need to constantly cultivate then or be in touch doesht exist. they're just 'there'. and that's how a true friendship should be.

I'm comfortable alone or in a crowd. doesn't matter. Im more than able to function well in either environment. I know guys who are single who got their shit together who want nothing mpre than a family or kids.  

if ANYONE could come on here say being single is awesome it's me, but that's an ignorant blanket statement that is far from the truth for a lot of guys.

it's great when your 20-30-40. what happens when your pushing 50-60 when what you want is companionship and someone just to be there? that's when the wheat gets separated from the chaff in the whole 'being single is awesome' mantra everyone preaches.

I'm trying to keep a neutral position here cause 'being single is awesome!' just doesht fit for a lot of guys. and for anyone to suggest it's cause they are weak or need someone is utter bullshit.
this, and we re not designed by nature to be alone, if you re not stimulated by the presence of other siblings, your brain starts deteriorating. Stress, pain, and loneliness both destroy the brain. Ideally an happy individual is surrounded by few significant people he has genuine relationships with. This is what keep your brain healthy; you mostly find these people in religious families. It somewhat slows the brain's aging process.
 As animals we exist to be function, part of something bigger; the family, the clan, the specie. The more you re being useful to others, the better you feel, as long as you re getting something in return.  

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »

what happens when your pushing 50-60
The party never stops , bro.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2014, 02:59:31 PM »
what happens when your pushing 50-60

visiting retirement homes and psychiatric institutes might give you a hint.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2014, 03:04:56 PM »

dude you dont even know how much i joke abt not wanting to be the creepy old guy at the party :D
b

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »

this looks great

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »
. what happens when your pushing 50-60

That's a valid question....... 30 years back in time, for someone who was 40 at that time. 20-30 years from now - 50-60 will be very different in many ways, compared to current 50-60. Physically, but that's just one side, another - technologies. You'll be able to have a "companioship" in ways that we can't even imagine currently (probably even AI will be a good friend to have a company, or maybe it will be a better friend than real people, who knows..). Peoples brains are used to thinking "linear", but that's not how technological evolution happens. Life will be VERY different for these who'll manage to stay alive 30 years from this day and I'm confident to say that most uf us aren't able to even imagine of HOW different it will be. From heart transplants, grown in a lab, to brain regeneration, stem cell therapies, full immersion virtual reality, etc... just earn some fukkin money, that's what a main goal must be for these who are afraid of becoming "lonely".

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »
dude you dont even know how much i joke abt not wanting to be the creepy old guy at the party :D

Haha  , yeah  I couldn't imagine being in my 60's and still chasing young pussy

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »
this looks great

That says a lot about YOU..

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »
Here's a thought.

The guys that will chime in here saying that marriage is a disaster, theirs was hell, women are bitches, is akin to a toyota celica owner moaning about a breakdown on a ferrari forum.

You picked the wrong ride bro.

Driving cars does not end in a breakdown for everyone.

Marriage is stupid because a woman's emotions can go cold out of nowhere. Most divorces I know the guy had no clue it was coming....the chick just went cold. As for choosing the right girl well Even the most selfish, heartless bitch will treat the man she's into like a king while she's into him.
l