Author Topic: Wow...My Obamacare Coverage cost 269.00 a month!!!  (Read 34426 times)

bears

• Getbig IV
Re: Wow...My Obamacare Coverage cost 269.00 a month!!!
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »
You mean you get credit for the interest right? I haven't heard of getting tax credits for actual student loan payments

yes you are allowed a student loan interest deduction.  it's an above the line deduction.  so your tax rate is determined after you've taken that deduction into account.  but I still don't see how a guy in the 28% tax bracket is allowed a credit for health insurance.  I am in that bracket.  I have student loans (not big ones though).  I am not allowed any sort of credit.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2015, 03:39:23 PM »
It is and it isn't. Moving to a different location may open up more job opportunities, but it probably won't open up lucrative job opportunities for someone like Goodrum. I never stated that moving to a major city would make vince a millionaire. I just stated that there would be more jobs.

For example, it's obvious that NYC or Los Angeles has more gyms than Sylva, NC. With that in mind, maybe Vince can be the assistant manager of a gym, since he is a certified personal trainer. However, moving to a bigger city doesn't mean that Vince is going to be a top executive of goldman sachs. so, yes, moving may open up more opportunities, but its obviously still dependent on his skill set.

Bigger city = more skilled applicants and more competition for the better jobs.

So, if you're lazy and society's lowest common denominator in Sylva, you're going to get eaten alive in NYC or LA.

You're missing the point that Goodrum either can't cope on a level playing field, or that he finds regular jobs like the one you've noted beneath him.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »

Yes, because I'm paying back a government student loan and I get credit for the payments....that's part of the reason my filed income is 21k.  Because its almost paid off along with other factors, I won't be able to get a tax credit next year as I'll simply will not be able to no longer use certain deduction in addition to the amount of money I'm bringing in for my business.  

Its a good thing because I want to buy a new Jaguar and buy some property in the area

if your filed income is 21K, you're not in the 28% bracket.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2015, 03:40:42 PM »
if your filed income is 21K, (if by "filed income" you mean AGI is 21K) you're not in the 28% bracket.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »
This thread absolutely proves my point about what I've been saying all along about people (mostly lazy liberals) who feel that they have this sense of entitlement to not work or work hard enough to get ahead but instead live off the hard work of others. It's people like Vince who have no dignity and brag about how he's fucked over others whether he wants to believe it or not.

Vince is still getting screwed by obamacare like the rest of his.  His financial burden is less, but that's because he's following the law established by our leaders.  Bitch about them, not about vince.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2015, 04:05:34 PM »
yes you are allowed a student loan interest deduction.  it's an above the line deduction.  so your tax rate is determined after you've taken that deduction into account.  but I still don't see how a guy in the 28% tax bracket is allowed a credit for health insurance.  I am in that bracket.  I have student loans (not big ones though).  I am not allowed any sort of credit.

I've not completed or filed taxes yet but you have to file for health insurance before the 15th of January.  I only placed in an estimate of my income but I was taxed at a 28% rate on my personal income
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2015, 04:10:54 PM »
Bc there are many other ways for him to not take from others but he chooses not to utilize them...

You don't think Vince could find employment doing something that he doesn't need govt assistance to live off of?

obamacare sucks ass - but what should Vince do here?   Tell obama, "Hey, here's an extra $200 a month"? 

He's paying what the govt tells him he has to.

And coach, there's a guy named Mitt Romney that pays much more taxes than you.  Can he call you "lazy" cause you're paying less than him?  Of course not.  You're both paying what the govt legally tells you to pay.

I'm shocked you'd treat another human being like this. 

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2015, 04:14:10 PM »
I'm shocked you'd treat another human being like this. 

First post in the thread set the tone.

The "$21,000 Man" called out Coach, not the other way around.

::)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »

I've not completed or filed taxes yet but you have to file for health insurance before the 15th of January.  I only placed in an estimate of my income but I was taxed at a 28% rate on my personal income

to me it sounds like you make a lot more than you put on the obamacare website.  when you prepare your 2014 return you're going to have to file and 8962 and most probably pay all of that credit back. 

because again, if you're in the 28% bracket you make too much to get an Obamacare credit for health insurance. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »
Nobody cares about pre existing conditions anymore, that was part of the game once this new year started, all plans are on level playing field.  That's why most people, if you have decent insurance, it went up.  I am not really sure why the insurance companies decided to up their pricing though, as it would make sense to me to be more competitive and drop the prices.  The whole healthcare industry is a fucking scam.  Obama care plans reimburse for like 40%, so most doctors choose not to take it, while "real" insurance only reimburses 70%.  So, the dirtbag doctors up their prices to cover the difference in payment from the insurance companies, then right off the 30% as a loss.

The Insurance lobby and HMO investors love Obama care.
The  actual  docs don't make more with it, and there is no restrictions on hospital costs/patient billing.

The tax payers are forced to subsidize low income folk's health care.
HMO's get more paying customers and the middle class pays...as usual, regardless of dem or GOP in office.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2015, 05:01:58 PM »
Why don`t you guys leave Vince alone and stop worrying about this nonsense.  Most of you are morons anyways.  SF1900 is the only one with any real insight and the only point I would ask him to reconsider is the "he chose to live there" part.

A lot of people are in situations, no fault of their own, or even if its their own fault- a hard and long way out form their current position.  People just can`t be expected to up and leave at the drop of a hat and double or quadruple their income.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2015, 05:12:21 PM »
Why don`t you guys leave Vince alone and stop worrying about this nonsense.  Most of you are morons anyways.  SF1900 is the only one with any real insight and the only point I would ask him to reconsider is the "he chose to live there" part.

A lot of people are in situations, no fault of their own, or even if its their own fault- a hard and long way out form their current position.  People just can`t be expected to up and leave at the drop of a hat and double or quadruple their income.

Good reply. I actually like Vince and spent many earlier years living on meager terms.
I'm actually glad a good dude like Goodrum got a decent deal on healthcare.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2015, 05:27:24 PM »
yes you are allowed a student loan interest deduction.  it's an above the line deduction.  so your tax rate is determined after you've taken that deduction into account.  but I still don't see how a guy in the 28% tax bracket is allowed a credit for health insurance.  I am in that bracket.  I have student loans (not big ones though).  I am not allowed any sort of credit.

LOL thats what I was getting at, I am in the 33% tax bracket and I dont pay that much on average. If you do the math vince would need to be making around $400K a year to achieve an average federal tax rate of 28%.

$48,434 for taxes on income up to $186K
$65,505 for taxes on income above $186K up to $405K (33% tax rate on anything over $198K)
Total taxes of $113,939 on income of $405K
113,939/405,000 = 28.12%

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2013/10/31/irs-announces-2014-tax-brackets-standard-deduction-amounts-and-more/

and thats before deductions, if he is taking deductions his income would obviously need to be higher to still get that same amount.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2015, 05:29:14 PM »
Why don`t you guys leave Vince alone and stop worrying about this nonsense.  Most of you are morons anyways.  SF1900 is the only one with any real insight and the only point I would ask him to reconsider is the "he chose to live there" part.

A lot of people are in situations, no fault of their own, or even if its their own fault- a hard and long way out form their current position.  People just can`t be expected to up and leave at the drop of a hat and double or quadruple their income.
who is talking about doubling or quadrupling their income, we are talking about not taking money from others when you have the ability to provide for yourself....very different things

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2015, 05:53:55 PM »
I've got to hand it to Vincent,  he's been trolling the Internet for years.  I used to think he was mentally slow but as the years have gone by Ive realized most of what he posts is for his amusement.

He's an Internet pioneer.  He's made himself a "legend/celebrity" in the bodybuilding industry despite the lack of physical genetics to pursue such status through normal means. 

I have an inkling that others, like Shizzo, aspire to follow in these footsteps.
Somewhere the earth trembles as onlyme is rolling in his grave.
The jokes always been on us.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2015, 06:00:56 PM »

Spoken like a true brain dead liberal. We should just "stop worrying about this nonsense".

I mean, it's only "us" that are paying for these social programs that these deadbeats have no trouble taking advantage of.

TA, this thread is about hard work and success, neither of which you have he first clue about. So back to the kitchen now Princess, those floors need scrubbing.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2015, 06:24:39 PM »
Spoken like a true brain dead liberal. We should just "stop worrying about this nonsense".

I mean, it's only "us" that are paying for these social programs that these deadbeats have no trouble taking advantage of.

TA, this thread is about hard work and success, neither of which you have he first clue about. So back to the kitchen now Princess, those floors need scrubbing.

You are one delusional and pathetic fool.  Why aren`t you making well into six figures?  Huh?  Are you a lazy pathetic piece of shit?  I bet you are.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2015, 06:29:19 PM »
The amusing thing about this entire thread is the complacency with respect to healthcare costs as if the rest of the world does the same. 

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2015, 06:44:01 PM »
You are one delusional and pathetic fool.  Why aren`t you making well into six figures?  Huh?  Are you a lazy pathetic piece of shit?  I bet you are.

And how do you know I'm not?

Don't be upset that Obama jilted you brain dead libs at the altar. Your failures in life Adam are because you have no social skills and a piss poor education resulting in a crap job.

But hey, the upside is you're ugly, feminine,  and substandard to real men in society, but you hate football and make a half decent wife around the house.

Don't cry, that bowl haircut may come back in style soon.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2015, 06:57:54 PM »
You are one delusional and pathetic fool.  Why aren`t you making well into six figures?  Huh?  Are you a lazy pathetic piece of shit?  I bet you are.

I couldn't careless how much Vince makes or doesn't make. It is what it is. But when he starts a thread with my name in it stating that he's paying only $60 based on $21k of income and and people like myself, Soul Crusher and others are picking up the rest of the tab, then turns around and says he actually made a lot more that tells me he's working the system. Didn't he say something about building a home?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2015, 07:33:08 PM »
I couldn't careless how much Vince makes or doesn't make. It is what it is. But when he starts a thread with my name in it stating that he's paying only $60 based on $21k of income and and people like myself, Soul Crusher and other, then turns around and says he actually made a lot more that tells me he's working the system. Didn't he say something about building a home?

Relax bro.

The land he owns is his through adverse possession, completely legal. The past 7 years Vince has been maintaining a 4 acre parcel that had gone into foreclosure.  While the bank was bidding it's time to trap some poor sucker into a 30 year mortgage Vincent quietly went to work with the upkeep on the property.  With documentation of his labor, efforts and time the bank was left with no legal option.

Obtaining the building materials is relatively simple as Vincent is getting the home built mostly through non expiring, easily duplicated complimentary coupons from lumber yards. Often times these places discard perfectly fine construction grade materials for cosmetic reasons. They're more than happy to have someone take this stuff off their hands, and the company gets a right off for full retail.

Any other wood needed can be acquired via discarded popsicle sticks and tongue depressers. Although thin once stacked they have the tensile strength of titanium.

All concrete needs are obtained through his new Chinese contacts. Getting that stuff shipped here is exponentially cheaper than buying it out right.  

Due to lax laws on inmate work release programs, and apprentice plumbers/electrician/drywallers needing hours, all the work will be done pro bono.

Because its in state Im sure  he can get the great Falconer to donate time to oversee and offer advice.

The only real out of pocket cost will be the permits; so as you can see this McMansion is being built on the cheap for next to nothing.
Insurance will be the only other expense, because while it didn't cost much to build a fire or another disaster will reward him handsomely.
No laws broken, no systems cheated.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »
I call bullshit. Goodrum won't build a home or ever own a gym. All talk and the guy can bullshit all day and night long. He doesn't have a job that we know of so what does that leave him to live on?

That $21000 figure is probably exaggerated as well. If he had that income he would own a larger TV than he does and long ago and not some months ago. All those internet businesses are manufactured pipedreams.

None are successful. Radio show and discussion forums = fail.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2015, 07:59:34 PM »
I call bullshit. Goodrum won't build a home or ever own a gym. All talk and the guy can bullshit all day and night long. He doesn't have a job that we know of so what does that leave him to live on?

That $21000 figure is probably exaggerated as well. If he had that income he would own a larger TV than he does and long ago and not some months ago. All those internet businesses are manufactured pipedreams.

None are successful. Radio show and discussion forums = fail.

It's pretty simple and cheap just read this:
Relax bro.

The land he owns is his through adverse possession, completely legal. The past 7 years Vince has been maintaining a 4 acre parcel that had gone into foreclosure.  While the bank was bidding it's time to trap some poor sucker into a 30 year mortgage Vincent quietly went to work with the upkeep on the property.  With documentation of his labor, efforts and time the bank was left with no legal option.

Obtaining the building materials is relatively simple as Vincent is getting the home built mostly through non expiring, easily duplicated complimentary coupons from lumber yards. Often times these places discard perfectly fine construction grade materials for cosmetic reasons. They're more than happy to have someone take this stuff off their hands, and the company gets a right off for full retail.

Any other wood needed can be acquired via discarded popsicle sticks and tongue depressers. Although thin once stacked they have the tensile strength of titanium.

All concrete needs are obtained through his new Chinese contacts. Getting that stuff shipped here is exponentially cheaper than buying it out right. 

Due to lax laws on inmate work release programs, and apprentice plumbers/electrician/drywallers needing hours, all the work will be done pro bono.

Because its in state Im sure  he can get the great Falconer to donate time to oversee and offer advice.

The only real out of pocket cost will be the permits; so as you can see this McMansion is being built on the cheap for next to nothing.
Insurance will be the only other expense, because while it didn't cost much to build a fire or another disaster will reward him handsomely.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2015, 08:22:28 PM »
Relax bro.

The land he owns is his through adverse possession, completely legal. The past 7 years Vince has been maintaining a 4 acre parcel that had gone into foreclosure.  While the bank was bidding it's time to trap some poor sucker into a 30 year mortgage Vincent quietly went to work with the upkeep on the property.  With documentation of his labor, efforts and time the bank was left with no legal option.

Because its in state Im sure  he can get the great Falconer to donate time to oversee and offer advice.

Holy shit you know the in's and out's of that guy, lol!!!

If all that is true, then it is pretty genius.
?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2015, 08:30:14 PM »
Holy shit you know the in's and out's of that guy, lol!!!

If all that is true, then it is pretty genius.

;)