Author Topic: Bostin Loyd Now With MuscleSport Mag  (Read 29941 times)

Waller

• Getbig IV
Re: Bostin Loyd Now With MuscleSport Mag
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2015, 10:21:12 AM »
"Unfortunately, I attribute this to social media and the constant need for people to want to fit in. Most people that compete these days don’t do it for themselves, but they do it for others approval."

"Everyone now is trying to be a coach with little to no knowledge"

"Social media has created a hope for everyone to think they can compete and half-ass it"

"but the constant attention whoring and people trying to be something they are not is single handedly ruining it for true competitors."

Self awareness isn't his strong point is it?

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2015, 10:52:53 AM »
"Unfortunately, I attribute this to social media and the constant need for people to want to fit in. Most people that compete these days don’t do it for themselves, but they do it for others approval."

"Everyone now is trying to be a coach with little to no knowledge"

"Social media has created a hope for everyone to think they can compete and half-ass it"

"but the constant attention whoring and people trying to be something they are not is single handedly ruining it for true competitors."

Self awareness isn't his strong point is it?

When you see his print article, a lot of the criticism and confusion as to this inaugural topic will all make total sense. I don't want to ruin it by giving the details, but this online piece was almost like a Part 1 of the total package.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »
not a whole to hate upon here, people are just reaching now...

good luck with the mag etc

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2015, 01:35:48 PM »
not a whole to hate upon here, people are just reaching now...

good luck with the mag etc

Thanks. As long as I am transparent with what I'm doing, I am fine with any criticism. When people jerk other's off with a load of bullshit, they are easy targets. I like telling it like it is and am trying to surround myself with people of the same ilk.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »
Like the direction you are going in. Kind of like recapturing what MD was when Romano, Valentino and Palumbo wrote for the mag. Think it can work with the online mag, with a no bullshit entertaining approach.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2015, 03:16:51 PM »
Like the direction you are going in. Kind of like recapturing what MD was when Romano, Valentino and Palumbo wrote for the mag. Think it can work with the online mag, with a no bullshit entertaining approach.
Thanks, Ronnie. That's exactly the feel that I am going after with the old MD. That's what I got hooked on back then and want to even one-up what Blechy had since he had a say in what went on and surely capped it. I want these outspoken guys to be themselves and not be a shaky fuck like he is.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2015, 03:27:28 PM »
That's right, promote some total clown who is making an effort to kill himself through insane drug abuse and who hasn't achieved jack-all as a bodybuilding competitor.

Unreal.

Thank satan I decided to ditch this ridiculous industry as a career.

Does he have an exceptional physique? Is he capable of incredible feats of strength and/or performance? Does he have any appreciable writing skill, whatsoever?

It truly is the era of celebrity for folks who have basically nothing to offer in the way of a marketable talent.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2015, 03:35:17 PM »
Bring goodrum onboard

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2015, 03:39:02 PM »
the funny thing is that when this dumb mag goes out of business this year hardly anyone will even know it existed
By signing Boston joe is fucking over all the over writers
That's right, promote some total clown who is making an effort to kill himself through insane drug abuse and who hasn't achieved jack-all as a bodybuilding competitor.

Unreal.

Does he have an exceptional physique? Is he capable of incredible feats of strength and/or performance? Does he have any appreciable writing skill, whatsoever?

It truly is the era of celebrity for folks who have basically nothing to offer in the way of a marketable talent.

w

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2015, 05:22:34 PM »
the funny thing is that when this dumb mag goes out of business this year hardly anyone will even know it existed
By signing Boston joe is fucking over all the over writers
It has been around since 2008 and this has been the best year by far in only the first quarter and change. So I don; think that you will get "your wish." And why do you give a fuck so much about if I can stay afloat and what the other writers may or may not be thinking?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2015, 06:14:48 PM »
It has been around since 2008 and this has been the best year by far in only the first quarter and change. So I don; think that you will get "your wish." And why do you give a fuck so much about if I can stay afloat and what the other writers may or may not be thinking?
oh no don't worry u got it all worked out it seems
Boston is the best thing since sliced bread
You've done soooo great already apparently that I've never heard of u before u began spamming on here
You're the next weider publications
w

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2015, 06:21:18 PM »
Read the Loyd piece. It's execrable: full of grammatical errors and non sequiturs.
The funny part is how the author can be subsumed under all of his false dilemmas.

Critical judgment: Foolish guru is followed by greater-fool acolytes. Don't bother reading.

Noted some grammatical errors but what were the non sequiturs?

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2015, 07:00:26 PM »
oh no don't worry u got it all worked out it seems
Boston is the best thing since sliced bread
You've done soooo great already apparently that I've never heard of u before u began spamming on here
You're the next weider publications
So my company's litmus test is if some person with a nickname and Alf as his avatar has ever heard of it.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2015, 07:07:48 PM »

Unreal.

So you're saying you aren't a Piana fan either?  Come on!  Haha
N

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2015, 04:36:15 AM »
Loyd "argues" that social media has led to the fall of bodybuilding, but the conclusion he draws about bodybuilding's current malaise does not follow from his stated premises. He begins by pulling out of his soiled underpants the non-verifiable claim that in contradistinction to when his parents competed, when "95% of the competitors were extremely impressive …. nowadays you're lucky to get five percent that's [sic] impressive." Loyd attributes the decline to 5% impressiveness to premises about the negative influence of social media, with its "constant need for people to want to fit in [, competitors not competing] for themselves, but they do it for others [sic] approval [, and] most of these cases come from insecurity issues." He concludes that these factors have led to bodybuilding's deteriorating state, wherein "the sport is dying because it's not just taken seriously anymore." So let's unpack the premises as they literally appear in the piece and match them to the conclusion.

1. Bodybuilders constantly want to fit in, so they turn to social media. Therefore, only 5% of competitors are impressive and bodybuilding today is in the crapper.

2. Bodybuilding competitors seek the approval of others, so they turn to social media. Therefore, only 5% of competitors are impressive and modern bodybuilding sucks.  

3. Most of the turn to social media from 1 and 2 stem from insecurity issues, so only 5% of competitors are impressive and the contemporary sport of bodybuilding is in a state of disrepair.

As we can see, Loyd's conclusion does not follow from his stated premises (one can draw missing implications, of course, but they are still absent from the "argument"). In any case, I think that it's an impressionistic opinion piece, and a bad one. Moreover, to the author of the piece I'd ask, tu quoque much?

Oh, I see. I was sort of thinking along the same lines.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2017, 03:18:29 PM »
Joe what do you & your team know or think of gh15

As he is the self proclaimed god of Bodybuilding
Knows all the IFBB Pros & Exactly what they use

Have you approached him for an interview or to write for you.
Wonder how his views & knowledge would fit in with yours & the teams.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2017, 03:41:43 PM »
So my company's litmus test is if some person with a nickname and Alf as his avatar has ever heard of it.

Your life in the industry is over when the great Gene speaks bad about you. The same happened to Pgay browny, Filipino Heath and many others...

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2017, 07:31:24 AM »
joe, every day you pray no one figures out you don’t know what the fuck you are doing
Only an absolute fucking moron would think hiring Boston is a good business move
How’s it been working out for you buddy boy?
You must be a real cut throat business man
Has Boston made all your dreams come true you dumb ass
w

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2017, 07:43:30 AM »

LOL

Is Bostin submitting his atricles in red crayon, or has he eaten them all again?

Who in thier right mind would want this muppet associated with their business.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2017, 08:37:09 AM »
Muscle magazines???? LMFAO good luck with your outdated fucking media platform in 2018.....hahaha

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2017, 08:41:00 AM »
LOL

Is Bostin submitting his atricles in red crayon, or has he eaten them all again?

Yep as bout as much as ShitHead15  ::)

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2017, 10:44:17 AM »
LOL

The magazine is basically an afterthought and the company's focus is on daily video content. The print magazine was never supposed to be the lead, anyway, as the digital version is free to read and has much higher numbers for obvious reasons. Our digital platforms were always key.

As far as Bostin goes, he is still one of our columnists and has fit in perfectly with our style, which is the anti-MD/FLEX.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »
The magazine is basically an afterthought and the company's focus is on daily video content. The print magazine was never supposed to be the lead, anyway, as the digital version is free to read and has much higher numbers for obvious reasons. Our digital platforms were always key.

As far as Bostin goes, he is still one of our columnists and has fit in perfectly with our style, which is the anti-MD/FLEX.

Bostin is a controversial character but he gets people talking so that's one thing. I do appreciate his honesty too, much better than the Mike O'Hearn's treating people like they were born yesterday. Who else do you want to interview Joe? Who else do you think has interesting things to say?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2017, 12:29:47 PM »

your style is worthless and no one notices or cares about it
What a waste of money
All these years you could have been saving your money , but instead you were pouring it into a magazine that no one even knows exists
No one will ever collect them
You’re not bringing us anything we couldn’t get elsewhere
If your magazine stopped tomorrow-what would the world lose out on? Nothing
It’s just a stupid idea and concept
w

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2017, 01:25:36 PM »
I don't understand BB mags: compared to the seventies, nothing has changed, training wise, sleep wise, or food wise.

What has changed is the ridiculous amounts of drugs these "athletes" use

So all magazines have to be full of repeat / reprint stuff and loads of fart powder ads.