Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 56574 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2015, 07:03:36 AM »
golden state is awesome, as long as they're leading and things are going well.

when the Cavs start knocking people on the floor, when Lebron discovers nobody on GS can contain him both inside and out - and most importantly: Lebron wants that "this can be THE defining moment of my career" moment. 

If Clay and Curry run cold for 5 minutes in the 4th quarter, the Cavs can be up 19.  They do it that quickly.

What the fuck are you talking about?  GS came back from a 16 point deficit.  No matter how much a team is up on them they come back like its nothing.  GS will run all over them. Green will defend James, no one other than Lebron can defend Curry on that team and he won't be on him.  Thompson will be wide open all the time.  Cavs got lucky with that Carrol injury.  Atlanta won't recover.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2015, 07:07:31 AM »
What the fuck are you talking about?  GS came back from a 16 point deficit.  No matter how much a team is up on them they come back like its nothing.  GS will run all over them. Green will defend James, no one other than Lebron can defend Curry on that team and he won't be on him.  Thompson will be wide open all the time.  Cavs got lucky with that Carrol injury.  Atlanta won't recover.

I've a Cavs homer    ;D   I grew up in akron, lived a mile from lebron's project building, he went to my high school.  watched all the cavs games as a kid, watched all the Heat games when LBJ moved here to FL, and watched as many as I could this year.  So yeah, i'll be delusional about the CLE/GS matchup.

That being said, a lot of people picked CHI to win.  A few people picked ATl to win.  I called the LBJ to CLE move during the playoffs last year, and I called a magical "ref-guided" cinderella Finals run for the Cavs.   A little harder to plan with Love/Irving injuries, but I'm hoping HOU beats up on GS enough to let them lose in the Finals  8)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2015, 07:41:15 AM »
I've a Cavs homer    ;D   I grew up in akron, lived a mile from lebron's project building, he went to my high school.  watched all the cavs games as a kid, watched all the Heat games when LBJ moved here to FL, and watched as many as I could this year.  So yeah, i'll be delusional about the CLE/GS matchup.

That being said, a lot of people picked CHI to win.  A few people picked ATl to win.  I called the LBJ to CLE move during the playoffs last year, and I called a magical "ref-guided" cinderella Finals run for the Cavs.   A little harder to plan with Love/Irving injuries, but I'm hoping HOU beats up on GS enough to let them lose in the Finals  8)

Hou is not beating up on anyone.  they barely even foul the opposing team.  It's a track meet where GS will just out run them.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2015, 01:36:47 PM »
lebron and iguadola are lookalike, would be funny to see iggy defend him lol

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2015, 01:52:21 PM »
There were some absolutely horrible calls in LeBron's favor every game in the CHI-CLE series.

This was not the reason for the outcome though, CHI played like abject shit.

Just once though I would like to see LeBron get called for the forearm shiver he delivers to his defender every time he drives the lane.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »
There were some absolutely horrible calls in LeBron's favor every game in the CHI-CLE series.

This was not the reason for the outcome though, CHI played like abject shit.

Just once though I would like to see LeBron get called for the forearm shiver he delivers to his defender every time he drives the lane.

Chicago is a great team on paper.  Not on the court.  They played like shit all year in my opinion.

Lebron pushes off with his off arm ever time he gets the ball.  A forearm shiver is an appropriate way to describe it.  It's literally every time he drives.  He also takes extra steps on most of his drives.  Much easier to get to the basket when you are allowed to do that shit.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2015, 04:55:30 PM »
Chicago is a great team on paper.  Not on the court.  They played like shit all year in my opinion.

Lebron pushes off with his off arm ever time he gets the ball.  A forearm shiver is an appropriate way to describe it.  It's literally every time he drives.  He also takes extra steps on most of his drives.  Much easier to get to the basket when you are allowed to do that shit.

Yeah even without Gasol for a game or two (I forget if he missed one or two) they should have been able to roll over a Cleveland playing without Love for the entire series.  I don't think they shot much over 40% in any of the last five games and you can't do that and win an NBA playoff series against anyone.

LeBron is a great player but anyone who thinks there's a case to be made between him and Jordan is a youngblood or a delusional homer.  Jordan was like watching a superhero movie in real life.  If LeBron is still wrecking the league and winning MVPs and titles at age 35 I might reconsider.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »
agreed lebron does travel like crazy.

remember what LITTLE men look like in the playoffs, as they get further in the playoffs.

Iverson.... Rose... they're insane for some plays, but their little legs get tired.  In Game 7 against CLE, those shots won't drop... but the drives to the basket will still be falling.  LITTLE players are awesome early in the series... remember iverson won a game in the Finals... CHI won game 1 this year... and then reality sets in, the refs swallow whistles, and those little bumps add up fast.  you can't knock a Shaq' or Lebron's rhythm when they're driving by bumping them, but you wreck a 3 point shooter by doing it... and as the close games go on, refs let guys bump each other.  

plus Curry has kinda a punchable face.  And I am a cleveland homer, there's always that.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2015, 05:00:58 PM »
Hawks best player just blew out knee  on a drive?

Cavs are going to sweep these scrubs.

are you always trolling?

Demare Carroll  is not even close to their best player

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2015, 05:01:01 PM »
Jordan was like watching a superhero movie in real life.  If LeBron is still wrecking the league and winning MVPs and titles at age 35 I might reconsider.

eh, Jordan got SO MANY of those little tic tac fouls that lebron doesn't get.

And Jordan played against slower, smaller players.  There was no global game back then.  Tall ass, slow Ewings... Lebron is playing against small fwds that are 6 foot 11.  

Note:
Curry's out there taking TUNNEL shots for the media tonight.  That's amateur hour shit lol!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2015, 05:01:33 PM »

remember what LITTLE men look like in the playoffs, as they get further in the playoffs.

Iverson.... Rose... they're insane for some plays, but their little legs get tired.  In Game 7 against CLE, those shots won't drop... but the drives to the basket will still be falling.  LITTLE players are awesome early in the series... remember iverson won a game in the Finals... CHI won game 1 this year... and then reality sets in, the refs swallow whistles, and those little bumps add up fast.  you can't knock a Shaq' or Lebron's rhythm when they're driving by bumping them, but you wreck a 3 point shooter by doing it... and as the close games go on, refs let guys bump each other.  

plus Curry has kinda a punchable face.  And I am a cleveland homer, there's always that.

I saw a stat today that said the record for three-pointers (no homo) in a single playoffs is 58, in 21 games by Reggie Miller in like 2000.  Curry already has 52 in 11 games so far so he's going to smash that.

Don't think I've seen a high-volume scorer before who gets such a large % of his points from threes.

eh, Jordan got SO MANY of those little tic tac fouls that lebron doesn't get.

And Jordan played against slower, smaller players.  There was no global game back then.  Tall ass, slow Ewings... Lebron is playing against small fwds that are 6 foot 11.  

Oh come on now.  

- LeBron gets whistled for fouls at a historically low rate (his average is about the same as Jordan's lowest season ever).  But I'm sure it's just because he's such a special defender ::)

- LeBron averages 8.5 free throw attempts per game, Jordan averaged 8.2.  But I'm sure it's because he's a more aggressive player than Michael Jordan.

- Jordan prevented some of the best players of all-time from ever winning a title while he was playing.  Malone; Barkley; Ewing; Robinson and Olajuwon never won shit until he retired; Shaq couldn't beat him unless he was rusty from riding minor league baseball buses and benches for the past year; probably others I'm forgetting.  The Eastern Conference in particular was way stronger top to bottom in Jordan's days.  LeBron's never had to go through anyone even close to the level of Riley's Knicks or Heat or Larry Brown's Pacers to even get to the Finals.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2015, 05:02:50 PM »

LOL I was saying this shit out loud reading his posts. Homer.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2015, 06:04:05 PM »
Oh come on now. 

- LeBron gets whistled for fouls at a historically low rate (his average is about the same as Jordan's lowest season ever).  But I'm sure it's just because he's such a special defender ::)

- LeBron averages 8.5 free throw attempts per game, Jordan averaged 8.2.  But I'm sure it's because he's a more aggressive player than Michael Jordan.

- Jordan prevented some of the best players of all-time from ever winning a title while he was playing.  Malone; Barkley; Ewing; Robinson and Olajuwon never won shit until he retired; Shaq couldn't beat him unless he was rusty from riding minor league baseball buses and benches for the past year; probably others I'm forgetting.  The Eastern Conference in particular was way stronger top to bottom in Jordan's days.  LeBron's never had to go through anyone even close to the level of Riley's Knicks or Heat or Larry Brown's Pacers to even get to the Finals.

Yes, your posts win on logic, fact and data.   But my hometown emotion blurs all that out.

;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2015, 08:34:51 PM »
another great game in the West.

HOU making GS look entirely human.   

Golden state = The Atlanta hawks of the west :)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2015, 08:50:57 PM »

That was a great game. Harden seems to push off with his right arm almost every shot.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2015, 08:51:11 PM »

not as simple as that, Harden playing Jordanesque for stretches, make no mistake both these teams are obscenely talented.

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2015, 01:56:11 AM »

Clay Thompson has a way more punchable face than Curry.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2015, 02:02:52 AM »
Lmao. 

Both games against the inbred rockets went down to the final minutes. 

Cavs win close games like that. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2015, 04:44:59 AM »
Steph Curry vs. Tommy Brady, who wins?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2015, 07:29:30 AM »
not as simple as that, Harden playing Jordanesque for stretches, make no mistake both these teams are obscenely talented.

Kind of a double edge sword for Harden.  The Rockets are in the games late because of him but also they don't win because of him.  Two games with the ball in his hands and a need for a quick shot, Harden doesn't make or even take that shot.  He barely included any teammates in both 4th quarters.  He is trying to do it all by himself.  The games Houston won vs. Clippers weren't because of Harden, the Rockets actually did better when Harden wasn't hogging the ball.  Guys like Brewer getting 15 4th quarter points etc...  But two game Harden has been a ball hog.  Brewer never touched the ball.  He is helping and killing his team at the same time.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2015, 07:52:06 AM »
howard playing hot potato with the ball and hoping harden will do it all until the very last second...what a little bitch. Biggest pussy of the nba. Harden is the only real leader of the team.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2015, 08:40:51 AM »
LeBron will lose again in the finals

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2015, 09:48:54 AM »
LeBron will lose again in the finals

I would enjoy that.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2015, 09:52:48 AM »
How many NBA final did Jordan and Bryant play in without Phil Jackson  ???