Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 56707 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #900 on: June 23, 2015, 03:22:12 PM »
he lost plenty in washington, and his star teammates didn't get hurt

or are we all supposed to pretend that stint never happened?

E

Yep basically. 

On a different note.  Rumors are the Lakers trading their 2nd pick for Cousins.  Interestating.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #901 on: June 23, 2015, 03:43:23 PM »
he lost plenty in washington, and his star teammates didn't get hurt

or are we all supposed to pretend that stint never happened?

E

He was 40 years old dude.  You are ridiculous.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #902 on: June 24, 2015, 05:40:58 AM »
Haha terrible

So sake of argument I bet LeBron couldn't average 20 points at 40....

Phil Jackson on LeBron haha
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/6/22/8825611/phil-jackson-lebron-james-travels-all-the-time-nba-knicks-cavaliers?ref=yfp

"I watch LeBron James, for example," he said. "He might [travel] every other time he catches the basketball if he's off the ball. He catches the ball, moves both his feet. You see it happen all the time. There's no structure, there's no discipline, there's no 'How do we play this game' type of attitude. And it goes all the way through the game. To the point where now guys don't screen—they push guys off with their hands."

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #903 on: June 24, 2015, 06:59:54 AM »
Haha terrible

So sake of argument I bet LeBron couldn't average 20 points at 40....

Phil Jackson on LeBron haha
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/6/22/8825611/phil-jackson-lebron-james-travels-all-the-time-nba-knicks-cavaliers?ref=yfp

"I watch LeBron James, for example," he said. "He might [travel] every other time he catches the basketball if he's off the ball. He catches the ball, moves both his feet. You see it happen all the time. There's no structure, there's no discipline, there's no 'How do we play this game' type of attitude. And it goes all the way through the game. To the point where now guys don't screen—they push guys off with their hands."

Phil Jackson should concentrate more on the Knicks mess and the #4 pick and less on Lebron

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #904 on: June 24, 2015, 07:09:12 AM »
His first year on the Wizards, before he injured his knee in the 2nd half of the season or so, MJ was averaging 25 points/game, playing a new position (SF) against guys 10-20 years younger than him, at age 39.  He scored 50+ points once, 40+ points four times, 30+points 16 times, and scored 20 or more points in 35/60 games played.

He then came back from this injury and averaged 20 points/game while playing all 82 games at literally age 40.

Truly a dreadful performance ::)

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #905 on: June 24, 2015, 07:23:21 AM »
He was floor Jordan as a Wizard, so he played with his mind and fundamentals.

His speed and athleticsim in his Prime made him the most unstoppable force the game has ever seen...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #906 on: June 24, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »
Phil Jackson should concentrate more on the Knicks mess and the #4 pick and less on Lebron
This!

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #907 on: June 24, 2015, 10:24:05 AM »
Should be alot of action especially in the NBA during this trade-deadline as it seems Celtics will/are heavily involved in many trade rumors as well as teams like the Knicks and Lakers...Will be interesting to watch tomorrow night/

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #908 on: June 24, 2015, 10:45:46 AM »
Jordan retired 13 years ago even if you count the Wizards years (for all intents and purposes he retired in 1998).

Will LeBron be on video game covers 13 years after he retires?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #909 on: June 24, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13142511/kevin-love-opts-contract-cleveland-cavaliers-sources?ex_cid=espnFB

Sources told ESPN.com that Love notified the Cavaliers on Wednesday that he is opting out of the final year remaining on his contract -- worth $16.7 million next season -- to return to free agency.

Sources tell ESPN.com that the Los Angeles Lakers and the Celtics are among the teams planning ‎to make a run at Love in free agency. Sources say that the Portland Trail Blazers, furthermore, are likely to pursue the former Oregon high school star in the event that LaMarcus Aldridge -- as many league executives expect -- flees the Blazers in free agency.

Love missed most of the Cavs' run to the NBA Finals after suffering a dislocated shoulder against the Celtics when Kelly Olynyk pulled down on Love's left arm and yanked it out of the socket.

After he suffered the injury, Love was asked if he wanted to return to the Cavaliers next season.

"Yes," the power forward said on June 5. "I want to win."

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #910 on: June 24, 2015, 12:17:07 PM »
Kevin Love would have a huge following with the Trail Blazers as he's a local guy. Maybe he wants to come home like LeBron.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #911 on: June 24, 2015, 12:29:59 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13142511/kevin-love-opts-contract-cleveland-cavaliers-sources?ex_cid=espnFB

Sources told ESPN.com that Love notified the Cavaliers on Wednesday that he is opting out of the final year remaining on his contract -- worth $16.7 million next season -- to return to free agency.

Sources tell ESPN.com that the Los Angeles Lakers and the Celtics are among the teams planning ‎to make a run at Love in free agency. Sources say that the Portland Trail Blazers, furthermore, are likely to pursue the former Oregon high school star in the event that LaMarcus Aldridge -- as many league executives expect -- flees the Blazers in free agency.

Love missed most of the Cavs' run to the NBA Finals after suffering a dislocated shoulder against the Celtics when Kelly Olynyk pulled down on Love's left arm and yanked it out of the socket.

After he suffered the injury, Love was asked if he wanted to return to the Cavaliers next season.

"Yes," the power forward said on June 5. "I want to win."

Yes but doesn't mean he won't resign with the Cavs.  The Cavs can give him the largest contract allowed due to their CBA. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #912 on: June 24, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »
Yes but doesn't mean he won't resign with the Cavs.  The Cavs can give him the largest contract allowed due to their CBA.  

Silly right now to sign a long-term max deal if you are an elite player in my opinion, since the salary cap is going to explode year after next.  The "max" part of max contracts is defined as a % of the salary cap.

If he can get a one-year deal from someone else I suspect he's gone.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #913 on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »
Not NBA but Payton Manning seems to be on the trading block to Houston Texans via more then one insider source

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #914 on: June 24, 2015, 02:49:16 PM »
Not NBA but Payton Manning seems to be on the trading block to Houston Texans via more then one insider source

they;d be a super bowl contender overnight.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #915 on: June 24, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #916 on: June 24, 2015, 03:04:16 PM »
Can I move this to the sports board  ???  :-\ :'(
:

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #917 on: June 24, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #919 on: June 24, 2015, 03:17:52 PM »
Can I move this to the sports board  ???  :-\ :'(
I'd prefer it not to myself. I never go there.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #920 on: June 24, 2015, 03:19:20 PM »
I'd prefer it not to myself. I never go there.

You guys gotta get out and explore the world of Getbig more.
:

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #921 on: June 24, 2015, 03:31:52 PM »

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #922 on: June 24, 2015, 05:51:33 PM »

Go wash your mouth out with soap

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #923 on: June 26, 2015, 03:44:15 PM »
Don't know why all the boos from NY fans where happening last night..As if they've watched porzingis play a single game overseas lol? All the possible #1's asside from mudiay were already taken...And they needed a big man..So an athletic legit 7'2" guy who is young is not a good option? Very confused at knick logic? Maybe because he's not black? Who knows...All i know is Melo knew what he was getting into..And he CHOSE to take the money rather than go to chicago and want to win..He shouldn't be angry..On the other hand, Hardaway JR. should be a good addition to the Hawks roster and could provide some shot creation off of the bench..

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #924 on: June 29, 2015, 12:05:59 AM »

no more than you guys criticizing lebron for not winning a title with players the caliber of jordan's wizards teammates, btw the wizards missed the playoffs altogether

E
E