Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 592206 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #425 on: August 27, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »
I wasnt sure if you had been trolling earlier.
Now Im positive.

nice work.

Dear Be There,
  I apologize but I don't even understand what that means.
  You and I certainly don't have to agree on martial arts (by the way, what style was it that you said and showed pictures in which you train?)
OR how bad a fighter I am (I missed your pictures of you yourself getting on a mat in a foreign country or inside a cage)
OR how I should dress for my job (I didn't catch what you did for a living but I'm sure your Mom approves of your Baywatch T-Shirt every
     she comes down to the basement to refresh your bowl of Cheese Doodles)
  Actually, I am just kidding and having fun with you.  I laugh at my clothes and my hair all the time.  If you can't laugh at yourself,
life can be quite unbearable.
Harley

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #426 on: August 27, 2015, 02:09:53 PM »
Dear Be There,
  You and I certainly don't have to agree on martial arts (by the way, what style was it that you said and showed pictures in which you train?)
OR how bad a fighter I am (I missed your pictures of you yourself getting on a mat in a foreign country or inside a cage)
OR how I should dress for my job (I didn't catch what you did for a living but I'm sure your Mom approves of your Baywatch T-Shirt every
  Actually, I am just kidding and having fun with you.  I laugh at my clothes and my hair all the time.  If you can't laugh at yourself,
Harley
Delete the last paragraph.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Simple Simon

« Reply #427 on: August 27, 2015, 02:14:16 PM »
Dear Be There,
Harley
I have no interest in martial arts, I have no interest in your ability in martial arts, I have no interest in your hair or your job.
You post like a gimmick account, if its really you and its genuine then , just wow.
HTH.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #428 on: August 27, 2015, 02:33:52 PM »
Dear Be There,
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #429 on: August 27, 2015, 05:24:59 PM »
Harley, may I ask how you came across that 'vette?  What condition was it in, and was body as straight as it looks now?

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #430 on: August 27, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »
My surprise birthday gift to my Dad

very nice ride Harley

your dad is a lucky man to have a son like you!

good job!

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #431 on: August 27, 2015, 06:34:16 PM »
re BJJ

have you ever trained with Eddie Bravo and what are your thoughts on his "rubber guard" technique?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #432 on: August 27, 2015, 07:43:15 PM »
re BJJ

have you ever trained with Eddie Bravo and what are your thoughts on his "rubber guard" technique?

LOL! I remember Eddie back in the Rickson days during the early 1990s and then we both moved over to train with the Machado brother's when Rickson pretty much stopped teaching as he was travelling so much. Back then Eddie worked in a strip club and always struck me as a bit sleazy. But he was very serious about Jiu-Jitsu training and was super flexible and innovative. Always trying new things. Back then I would crush him because I was about 35 lbs heavier and he was just so goddamn physically  weak. There was a girl a the Machado's that was stronger than he was.

He use to compete all the time. Every tournament he was there. Literally built a career out of beating Royler at the Abu Dhabi. Never competed after that. Just built a successful business and living the dream.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: August 27, 2015, 07:48:54 PM »
Dear Be There,
Harley

LOL! HB trying his hand at owning. Not bad but chaos is right. You can't show mercy on this board. If you get a kill shot take it and move on no regrets. It's a jungle here and Being There is one of the top predators. He just recently broke the will of one of the top tier owners on this board. Never would  have predicted Sev to meltdown and leave this board after over a decade.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #434 on: August 27, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
Harely what is your middle name? Please say Michael or Matthew or Mark.

That would make your initials: HMB

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #435 on: August 27, 2015, 09:13:23 PM »
Harely what is your middle name? Please say Michael or Matthew or Mark.

That would make your initials: HMB

Understanding that I am disappointing you again, my middle name is Daniel.
My first name comes from a famous street in London where very successful doctors and lawyers live or practice.
My parents wanted me to be a doctor or a lawyer.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #436 on: August 27, 2015, 09:18:46 PM »
LOL! HB trying his hand at owning. Not bad but chaos is right. You can't show mercy on this board. If you get a kill shot take it and move on no regrets. It's a jungle here and Being There is one of the top predators. He just recently broke the will of one of the top tier owners on this board. Never would  have predicted Sev to meltdown and leave this board after over a decade.

Dear Pellius,
  Thank you for informing me of Being There's prowess and how to better "own" someone.
  I'm just not that good at cruelty, unless I am paying her a rate of $350 per hour.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #437 on: August 27, 2015, 09:22:04 PM »
Harley, may I ask how you came across that 'vette?  What condition was it in, and was body as straight as it looks now?

Dear Las Vegas,
  My builder, Jason Pratt, of J&E Pro Streets came across a perfectly straight, original Vette in Ohio and told me if I were ever
going to build my dream 63 Pro Street, this was it.
  The car was expensive and then it was converted to Pro Street and EVERYTHING else is brand new and updated.
  One of the reasons few ever convert a 60's Vette into Pro Street is the absurd cost.
  The car came straight and never in an accident.  It should be done with paint by next week.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #438 on: August 27, 2015, 09:31:46 PM »
re BJJ

Dear Old School Lifter,
  Initially, because I was Royler's lawyer who negotiated the contract for his match in Metamoris against Eddie Bravo, people thought I didn't like
Eddie.  I never met Eddie during the 1.5 years of negotiating.  It was all about business.  I did however have words with Ralek Gracie and told him to
tell Eddie's Instructor, Machado to go fuck himself.  The issue of "Pants-Gate" had heated up and I wasn't going to let anyone insult my client.
  After the match, I met Eddie and he could not have been more of a gentleman and nice guy.  He took some very funny photos of him pulling on my
pants in reference to the whole controversy. 
  I will say this, without revealing some behind the scenes Royler information of pre-fight, I can tell you that Eddie Bravo is an extremely gifted BJJ
competitor.  He is tough, well trained and extremely educated in the world of BJJ.  My admiration for him reached its height when we met and he was
so nice and humble and friendly and even complemented my loyalty to Royler and my legal skills.  But, having watched him compete just before we met,
I already thought of him as a world class BJJ guy.
  People can say he made a living over tapping out Royler and if he did, well, that's just great business and marketing.  But don't be mislead, he is a shark
on the mat.
  His "rubber guard" is way beyond what my flexibility can muster.  He is quite proficient using it but I am not sure it is good for everyone and I am not sure
it would work so well against the very best in the world.  However, he uses it as well as anyone I've ever seen.  I enjoyed watching him on the Joe Rogan
video where Rickson Gracie shows up.  He was very respectful towards Rickson and Rickson, to my surprise, was overly deferential and obviously impressed
by Eddie's techniques as he actually showed them on Rickson.  Of course, I was 2 feet away when Royce was running around "trying to" find Eddie and fight him
for the all-important offense of "disrespecting the family."  Grow up.
Harley

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #439 on: August 27, 2015, 09:37:57 PM »
I'd like to spend some time in Harleys "guard".
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #440 on: August 27, 2015, 09:53:58 PM »
I'd like to spend some time in Harleys "guard".

Wouldn't we all  :P

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #441 on: August 27, 2015, 09:58:30 PM »
   Perhaps it's time for someone to post a picture of a woman I think is hot before this goes into an area
that doesn't have anything to do with me.

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #442 on: August 27, 2015, 10:06:30 PM »
Harley where are you training at these days?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: August 27, 2015, 10:09:53 PM »
Dear Old School Lifter,
  Initially, because I was Royler's lawyer who negotiated the contract for his match in Metamoris against Eddie Bravo, people thought I didn't like
Eddie.  I never met Eddie during the 1.5 years of negotiating.  It was all about business.  I did however have words with Ralek Gracie and told him to
tell Eddie's Instructor, Machado to go fuck himself.  The issue of "Pants-Gate" had heated up and I wasn't going to let anyone insult my client.
  After the match, I met Eddie and he could not have been more of a gentleman and nice guy.  He took some very funny photos of him pulling on my
pants in reference to the whole controversy. 
  I will say this, without revealing some behind the scenes Royler information of pre-fight, I can tell you that Eddie Bravo is an extremely gifted BJJ
competitor.  He is tough, well trained and extremely educated in the world of BJJ.  My admiration for him reached its height when we met and he was
so nice and humble and friendly and even complemented my loyalty to Royler and my legal skills.  But, having watched him compete just before we met,
I already thought of him as a world class BJJ guy.
  People can say he made a living over tapping out Royler and if he did, well, that's just great business and marketing.  But don't be mislead, he is a shark
on the mat.
  His "rubber guard" is way beyond what my flexibility can muster.  He is quite proficient using it but I am not sure it is good for everyone and I am not sure
it would work so well against the very best in the world.  However, he uses it as well as anyone I've ever seen.  I enjoyed watching him on the Joe Rogan
video where Rickson Gracie shows up.  He was very respectful towards Rickson and Rickson, to my surprise, was overly deferential and obviously impressed
by Eddie's techniques as he actually showed them on Rickson.  Of course, I was 2 feet away when Royce was running around "trying to" find Eddie and fight him
for the all-important offense of "disrespecting the family."  Grow up.
Harley

By "built a career" defeating Royler in Abu Dhabi I should have said that it put him on the map. He was still a Brown Belt and relatively unknown at the time. His stock really went up that year.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #444 on: August 27, 2015, 10:11:20 PM »
Dear Big Ant,
  Craig and I train at Get Fit in Fairfield, NJ and at Diamond Gym in Maplewood, NJ.
  I train BJJ at Gracie New Jersey with David Adiv in Clinton, NJ
  I also train BJJ and MMA with Sean Santella at Miller Brothers in Sparta, NJ
  And then I train in Brasil when I have the chance to go there.
Harley

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: August 27, 2015, 10:14:38 PM »
Why did you tell Ralek to tell Jean-Jacques to go fuck himself?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #446 on: August 27, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »
By "built a career" defeating Royler in Abu Dhabi I should have said that it put him on the map. He was still a Brown Belt and relatively unknown at the time. His stock really went up that year.

Dear Pellius,
  While I liked Eddie when we met, I would be one of those that after he beat Royler and got on a plane and didn't finish the tournament, he did,
in fact, BUILD A CAREER on that one match alone.  I think he created a website for himself called "I tapped Royler.com"
  Royler got caught, plain and simple.  Who hasn't been caught (other than Rickson?)  Who hasn't lost a BJJ match (other than Rickson?).
  Eddie caught a great deal of criticism from the Gracie Family by making that one win into a business but hey, that's life and who are the Gracie
Family or anyone else to tell someone how to make a living.  They don't have to agree or like it, but here in America, we have a right to pursue a
way to make our own living.
  The are other aspects of Eddie's lifestyle (the pot smoking) which he doesn't deny that some find questionable.
  Me, I say live and let live as long as it doesn't interfere with my quiet enjoyment.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #447 on: August 27, 2015, 10:22:33 PM »
Why did you tell Ralek to tell Jean-Jacques to go fuck himself?

Dear Pellius,
  It had to do with the controversy Eddie's people started with regard to whether or not he was going to wear gi pants.  He kept
changing his mind after the contract was signed and after each time Royler agreed to Eddie's change of heart.  Well, 3 weeks into
Royler's training camp, that was enough.  He had to know if Eddie was wearing pants which he could grab or he wasn't.
  Ralek told me that Jean-Jacques said Royler was afraid, making excuses and shouldn't worry about it.  That was untrue and insane.
  Then Jean-Jacques said he was going to cancel the fight, sue Royler and tell the world it was Royler's fault.
  At that point I had had enough.  I told Ralek to tell the guy to go fuck himself and if I found 1 untrue word about Royler published
in any manner in any forum by Jean-Jacques or his people, I would bring a lawsuit and wouldn't let go until after a jury found them all
liable for defamation.   I told him to tell the guy that I would bury him in a courtroom and would bankrupt him in terms of legal fees.
  About 20 minutes later, after Ralek spoke to him, the fight was on and so were Eddie's pants.
Harley

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: August 27, 2015, 10:38:09 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  While I liked Eddie when we met, I would be one of those that after he beat Royler and got on a plane and didn't finish the tournament, he did,
in fact, BUILD A CAREER on that one match alone.  I think he created a website for himself called "I tapped Royler.com"
  Royler got caught, plain and simple.  Who hasn't been caught (other than Rickson?)  Who hasn't lost a BJJ match (other than Rickson?).
  Eddie caught a great deal of criticism from the Gracie Family by making that one win into a business but hey, that's life and who are the Gracie
Family or anyone else to tell someone how to make a living.  They don't have to agree or like it, but here in America, we have a right to pursue a
way to make our own living.
  The are other aspects of Eddie's lifestyle (the pot smoking) which he doesn't deny that some find questionable.
  Me, I say live and let live as long as it doesn't interfere with my quiet enjoyment.
Harley

I didn't know about the website. Jeeze. Talk about twisting the knife and salting the wound. But as I remember it, after his match with Royler, Eddie got destroyed by Leo Viera and that was it for him as far as the tournament.

I believe the majority of the BJJ fans, including myself, thought beating Royler was a fluke. Anybody  can get caught just like anybody can get caught with a punch or a kick and it's lights out. Remember GSP's lost to Serra? A total fluke as GSP dominated him in the rematch.

I just never understood why they didn't have a rematch sooner. I didn't know what was going on behind the scenes at that time because I had lost touch with Royler and Eddie started training with Jean-Jacques when he broke off and started his own school. I stayed with Rigan but I would have prefer to train with JJ. But Rigan's school was in Redondo Beach and was about a mile from where I lived. JJ moved to the Valley and it just wasn't practical.

If I was Royler I would have wanted a rematch asap. If I was Eddie, I'd delay it as long as I could. But I remember at the time reading on the internet (intheguard.com) that Eddie did want rematch as well. Maybe just not now. I really don't know why it took so long to happen. Over ten years!

Eddie did kind of milk it at the time and it must have infuriated Royler.
As easy going and charming Royler is, when it came to Jiu-Jitsu he was a different person. You don't get to where he got without being a fierce competitor.

Simple Simon

« Reply #449 on: August 27, 2015, 10:45:27 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  It had to do with the controversy Eddie's people started with regard to whether or not he was going to wear gi pants.  He kept
changing his mind after the contract was signed and after each time Royler agreed to Eddie's change of heart.  Well, 3 weeks into
Royler's training camp, that was enough.  He had to know if Eddie was wearing pants which he could grab or he wasn't.
  Ralek told me that Jean-Jacques said Royler was afraid, making excuses and shouldn't worry about it.  That was untrue and insane.
  Then Jean-Jacques said he was going to cancel the fight, sue Royler and tell the world it was Royler's fault.
  At that point I had had enough.  I told Ralek to tell the guy to go fuck himself and if I found 1 untrue word about Royler published
in any manner in any forum by Jean-Jacques or his people, I would bring a lawsuit and wouldn't let go until after a jury found them all
liable for defamation.   I told him to tell the guy that I would bury him in a courtroom and would bankrupt him in terms of legal fees.
  About 20 minutes later, after Ralek spoke to him, the fight was on and so were Eddie's pants.
Harley

You sound just like joon.(but hes trolling)
A bit of advice.
Getbig is a place where people with a semblence of an interesting life can ride the waves of the hopeless basement dwellers desperatly wanting to live their lives through others because they themselves dont have one.
But beware, they are a fickle bunch, and whilst now you are getting posts of admiration and envy , the envy soon turns to hatred.

See joon.