Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 583190 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #575 on: August 30, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
Dear SaintAnger,
  "Prison Rape" is one of the most exaggerated topics in the popular culture.
  You would be shocked as to how many gay men there are in prison who either do it for free because
they like to and will also do it and keep quiet about it so they don't expose the other prisoner.  Gay guys
are not in any shortage in prisons.
  The other fact that might surprise some is how many guys who are straight when they enter, end up
engaging in homosexual activity but will not consider the act nor themselves "gay."  They justify it by
saying that there is no other alternative and only because there are no women, they themselves are not gay.
  Also, female guards and correction officers are more times than you would believe, paid to have sex with inmates.
  One of my friends spent 17 years in one of NJ's worst prisons and for more than 2 years, he was dating a female guard
who would give him sex for free.  He told me that other female guards were paid between $300 and $500 to have sex
with an inmate.
Harley

How does an inmate get a hold of $300-$500?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #576 on: August 30, 2015, 07:45:23 PM »

Family , gambling , selling drugs , offering protection , ..................

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #577 on: August 30, 2015, 09:09:27 PM »
Dear Be There,
  I very much appreciate your advice.  You seem to be a long time and well respected GetBigger.
  I often say that in my professional life, "I am not in the Appreciation Game."
  I didn't come to GetBig to be appreciated, but rather, to see if there was any interest in talking
bodybuilding, diet, training, supplements, cardio and even other stuff I think is kool (cars, MMA, etc.).
  Of course, it's always nice to be well received but no one can please everyone so I understand that
my recent bout of interest to a small few will probably precipitously wane in the very near future.
  But, if there is conversation to be had about what really goes on in Bodybuilding and there is real information
that can benefit my training, diet and cardio, then it's worth being on GetBig.
  Would also be nice if some of the guys introduced themselves at the shows.  Say what you will about The Mayor
of Bodybuilding, but Craig and I met him along with his friends well over 10 years ago at a NY show and he couldn't
have been a nicer guy.  I promised to mail him some Craig Richardson t-shirts he had requested and when they arrived
he seemed genuinely shocked but also pleased.  He's just a big fan who as far as I know, never hurt or even insulted anyone.
  I like guys who are really fans of the sport as they are the ones most eager to trade information and not hoard it for
themselves like many of the pro bodybuilders, specifically Dexter Jackson, but don't get me started on him.
Harley

Harley

thanks for all the great inside info on BJJ and bravo

please tell us more insider stories on dexter Jackson?

I thought he was actually quite helpful to Craig- as I recall on one of the 2004 or 05 BFO videos Craig mentioning Dexter had helped him with diet/drug advices?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #578 on: August 30, 2015, 09:18:48 PM »
Family , gambling , selling drugs , offering protection , ..................

America is such a great country. Even prisoners can get a hold of drugs and sex. How can you not succeed if you are willing to just get out of bed in the morning?

America! Fu ck yeah!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2015, 09:20:49 PM »
America is such a great country. Even prisoners can get a hold of drugs and sex. How can you not succeed if you are willing to just get out of bed in the morning?

America! Fu ck yeah!

It's even worse in other countries. Just take a look at El Chapo.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: August 30, 2015, 09:25:34 PM »
Harley

thanks for all the great inside info on BJJ and bravo

please tell us more insider stories on dexter Jackson?

I thought he was actually quite helpful to Craig- as I recall on one of the 2004 or 05 BFO videos Craig mentioning Dexter had helped him with diet/drug advices?

Yes, Dexter and your experience with Bustamante? Also, any experience with Belfort? Huge fan as he's the very last of the original UFC first generation fighters.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #581 on: August 30, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I am trying to generate some conversation so seeing as this is a bodybuilding site, I offer this picture
of Craig 7 weeks out from the Mr. Olympia 212 Division.
  From now on, I will be more cautious about over exposing myself.
Harley

jeez!
7 weeks out
Craig looks almost ready to step on stage! just holding small amount of water
looks great

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #582 on: August 30, 2015, 09:39:29 PM »
Harley
if $ was no object, what would be your dream car to own ?

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #583 on: August 31, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »
Harley if you had been Titus's lawyer, do you think he'd be competing at the Olympia this year?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #584 on: September 01, 2015, 08:24:51 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I really appreciate all the kinds words and support and will stay on this site as long as there is interest and discourse
among us. 
  I don't believe everyone need agree with me and America is the symbol for free discourse among those who can agree and even
disagree.  I am interested in hearing opposing views but I prefer them in a coherent, sincere and non-racist fashion.  BeThere is
certainly entitled to dislike me or disagree with me, my lifestyles and my philosophies.  I would just hope we could engage in a more
friendly manner.
  I thank you again for all the support and will now get back to answering your specific questions.
  Oh, by the way, I thought you guys would kill me regarding my court appearance yesterday on behalf of a Muslim fellow who tried to light
up a synagogue (the exact one in which I learned to read and write Hebrew as a kid).  The Press was perplexed by the whole thing.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #585 on: September 01, 2015, 08:29:27 AM »
Man, that Nova almost sounds like too much (just almost, though ;D ;D ;D).  Very nice.

71 TA is awesome.  Yes.  How about the Chevelle and the Nova (what years)?

Quite interesting that the Vette is a modified 65, and it seems stock on those is/was actually Sebring Silver... so this paint will give it a little extra umph! without people necessarily knowing why.  I like it.

Dear Las Vegas,
  The Nova is a serious car but still intended for reliable street use.  I purposely left off the parachute and wheelie bars so I could actually use the car.
  The Chevelle and Nova are both from 1967, the year I was born.  I previously owned a 67 Chevelle in the same color I am doing this one but it was far
from the one being built.  It had a 71 Camaro 350 LT1 motor with 360 bhp and solid lifters.
  The reason I modified a 65 Vette is that 65 has my favorite body style sans the 63 Split Window.  There is a company out there that produces the
"Split Window" for conversion to specific year Vettes, 65 being one of them.  Therefore, the solution seemed simple.  I was debating between painting it
black or this silver and then opted for something with a bit more class and to accentuate the lines of the car.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #586 on: September 01, 2015, 08:30:34 AM »
Great delts on Craig.

Dear Neither Animal,
  That is quite a compliment coming from you. I have seen some of your responses on the site and you have quite an
eye and way with words.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #587 on: September 01, 2015, 08:34:38 AM »
Dear Harley

Do you have problems when you have to deal with those kind of criminals? I mean, I'de bet some of those morons threat their own lawyer.

Dear el number uno,
   I have discussed some of the issues I've had with clients and death threats from various different gang members.
   I believe I mentioned some of this in my rant about the government now attempting to take away my Permit To Carry
A Handgun.
   If you read that stuff but would like some further comment just ask me something specific and I will respond.
   Most of these clients resent their own lawyer because they have to pay them.  It's not like going to a doctor who gets paid
by some insurance company.
  I can tell you something that might surprise you.  The nicest, most polite and easiest of all my clients are the Sex Offenders.  The Murderers
are the next friendly and polite.  If all my clients treated me like those 2 groups, I would be elated. The absolute worst to deal with are the drug
dealers.  They are the most arrogant, selfish and rude people.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #588 on: September 01, 2015, 08:37:10 AM »

Dear Pellius,
  It is very common for family members to put money into the "account" of an inmate so that he can buy more food.
  However, in paying for sex, the inmates friends on the outside or family members would drop off or mail a Money Order
to someone.  Once the guard knows the money order is received, she engages in the sex.
  Sometimes, but oh so rarely, a gang member will put up some money but this is not as common as the movies make it to be.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #589 on: September 01, 2015, 08:39:03 AM »
Dear Harley,

Do black lives matter?

Schnauzer

Hey Guys,
  For future reference, I am not going to spend any time responding to questions of this nature.
  My work and my lifestyle are evidence of my position on racism.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #590 on: September 01, 2015, 09:11:23 AM »
Yes, Dexter and your experience with Bustamante? Also, any experience with Belfort? Huge fan as he's the very last of the original UFC first generation fighters.

Hey Guys,
  I have been asked about several people in terms of my own experiences with them.  I offer the following as only MY experiences and MY opinions which,
are just mine, limited and not exhaustive. However, here they are:
  1)  You are correct in that Dexter did give Craig advice on dieting for his first show after bombing out at his first Night of Champions (Victor won that his first time).
Craig ended up taking 3rd place in Orlando.  Dexter did not compete in that show.
   Craig then offered to pay Dexter to help him for the next show and Dexter refused with a bullshit response that Craig was competition for him and he couldn't do that
to himself.  Complete bullshit.  Dexter was at this point rising to the top and Craig was a mid-level pro at best.  Dexter could've been honest with his "friend".  Or, he could've
offered to help but not to as much time as would interfere with his own schedule.  Bottom line is, he just didn't care enough to help someone else.
  I also had a debate with Dexter after an Olympia contest where ALL competitors MUST appear at a Banquet IMMEDIATELY after the actual night show ends.  I somehow, always sneak
in.  Actually, Robin Chang sits at the door and checks attendance and welcomes me and lets me right in.  It is closed to the fans.  Well, Dexter had a 16 button Steve Harvey yellow
as a bee suit on and insisted his suits were better than mine.  Craig informed Dexter that he was wrong but Dexter insisted on rubbing me further.  Finally, Craig told him that I
own 82 custom made suits with a thread count of at least 160.  Dexter didn't even understand that.  I just laughed an walked away.
  I will say this about Dexter. I spent some time with him immediately after he had just won the Mr. O and he was genuinely elated and humbled.  He felt honored and carried himself
very well that night.  He was gracious with the fans for photos and comported himself well the entire year.
  2)  Murilo Bustamante was, in the end, another stereotypical Brazilian in the sense that he was ungrateful and had a sense of entitlement.
  I went to him for private lessons at his Brazilian Top Team academy in Rio.  That is not something most Gracie guys do but to me, Jiu-Jitsu is an open book and I am free to study
with anyone whom I choose.  Well, I went and the very first thing is that he doesn't take me seriously until I mention I will pay more than his usual fee.  Now he has all the time for me.
  I begin every single first private lesson with whomever I am training with the same question:  You are me.  I can not get away from a guy and I know we are going to fight.
What is MY first move?  Remember, I am 5 foot 7 inches tall with NO reach.  Bustamante tells me to throw a right cross to the face!!!  Really!!!  Have you seen the reach on Bustamante?
I express my doubts and ask him why he took up BJJ if his first move is what every idiot on the planet can do after never training a single minute.  I don't get a coherent answer.  In
attempting to have him assess my physical attributes and discuss what I feel comfortable doing, I still get nowhere with him.  
  Let me say this; he was very nice.  The training was very good.  
  The following Christmas I had someone deliver to him and one of his students who lived in a favela a very nice Michael Cross watch.
  Did he ever email me a thank you? No.  In fact, he was right there at the World Championships the next summer while I was competing, saw me, saw I had no
coach or anyone with me and never even came up to me.  That sealed the deal on my opinion of Bustamante.
 3)  Vitor Belfort:  I have never had any interaction with him at all.  I only know of the omnipresent rumors in Brasil that he is bi-sexual.  I don't like rumors about me and that
is why I don't usually follow up on rumors about others.  I really don't know anything about him.
Harley

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #591 on: September 01, 2015, 09:49:10 AM »
Harley, what is your honest opinion about the "ghetto" crisis in America with the non-stop violent crime, heaps of children out of wedlock, no fathers, etc?  Oh, the agony!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #592 on: September 01, 2015, 10:04:29 AM »
Harley,

What is your carry-gun of choice? I know there are some funky laws in NJ about mag capacity and ammunition (no HP, I think). What do you carry in NJ, and what would you carry if you lived in the United States of America?

Thanks.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #593 on: September 01, 2015, 10:17:47 AM »
Harley, what is your honest opinion about the "ghetto" crisis in America with the non-stop violent crime, heaps of children out of wedlock, no fathers, etc?  Oh, the agony!

Dear Saint Anger,
  Oh, I have very strong opinions on those related topics.  
  Here goes:  This is a CULTURAL issue!!!  Teachers don't teach young kids morals and good decision making; that comes from within the home or probably never
comes at all.  Don't blame the teachers when the parents don't read to their own kids.  I often see parents actually swearing at their young children.  What is even
more disturbing to me yet goes untouched is how frequently parents are yelling at their young kids.  I see mothers screaming in public at their 5 year old kids.  Isn't someone
going to tell them that there are serious consequences to a young child's psyche, self esteem, learning model, social development and intellectual development when a parent
insists on screaming at their own kid, especially in public?  The raised voice of a parent has serious implications on the mindset of any young child.  Because these "parents" are
themselves too young to be considered "mature adults" their child rearing skills are mostly dreadful.  Children need positive reinforcement at a very young age along with
discriminatory discipline and yelling.  Constant yelling serves only to diminish all of the necessary development skills, both psychological and physical which a child needs
nurtured, not destroyed over time.
  My big issue is role models and "babies having babies."  This is NOT a color issue.  This, for me, applies to all socio-economically challenged persons.  
  Role models such as basketball stars, NASCAR drivers and rappers serve very little purpose except to perpetuate a lower class left entirely without options as a result of their
own failure to seize opportunities.  I am affronted by those who don't teach their children that role models are of the Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice version, not tattoo faced rappers
like Lil' John or whatever that fool's name might be.
  Young children devoid of at least a high school education or a full-time trade should be taught NOT to procreate until such time as they can afford to raise a child.  This is a situation
which can not have a pleasant ending.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy and a Circle of Social Suicide" which, if not remedied, will serve only to widen the chasm between the lower class
and every other class.
  Now of course, you can always find exceptions to the rule but that only serves to prove the actual rule itself.  Do you want your child to have to be lucky enough to be the "exception?"
Of course not.  This all begins in the home and then continues, not originates, in the schools.
  These are just my honest views to a question posed to me.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #594 on: September 01, 2015, 10:23:13 AM »
Harley,

What is your carry-gun of choice? I know there are some funky laws in NJ about mag capacity and ammunition (no HP, I think). What do you carry in NJ, and what would you carry if you lived in the United States of America?

Thanks.

Dear AJ,
  While I have a modest collection of firearms, Craig Richardson is actually very knowledgable about guns and extremely proficient in shooting.  He goes to the practice range quite often.
  Keeping in mind that I have very small hands and have twice broken my right hand, I only carry "sub compact" guns.  I like a .45 caliber for the stopping power.  The guys coming after me
are well armed, sometimes have bullet proof vests and are often very high, sometimes on PCP.
  My favorite brand is Kahr. It's not a popular brand but I buy what I like and feels good, not what is in vogue.  My Kimber 1911 is well equipped and most comfortable too.
  I have an FNX -45 Tactical which holds 15 plus one in the chamber.  It's a nice gun for me too.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #595 on: September 01, 2015, 10:28:27 AM »
Harley
if $ was no object, what would be your dream car to own ?

Dear Old School Lifter,
  That is a great question which some of my "car guys" and I sit around and discuss over some good food when their wives let them out.
  I very much wished to own a 1992 Ferrari F-40, a 1964 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso, a 1989 Anniversary Lamborghini Countach, a 1968 "Bullitt" Mustang.
  There are so many but those are dream cars for me.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #596 on: September 01, 2015, 10:30:58 AM »
Harley if you had been Titus's lawyer, do you think he'd be competing at the Olympia this year?

Dear V Man,
  The honest, but boring answer to that is, without actually knowing the entire file, it would be impossible to say.
  One thing I would've immediately been all over is making sure that his girlfriend didn't get too much of a better deal and if
she did, I would whip that over and over again to a jury.
  His crime was vicious but perhaps not as premeditated as the State might like.   I don't think he would do less than 15 years unless
winning a trial but losing on a much lower charge.
  I don't know if Craig hired private counsel or not.
Harley

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #597 on: September 01, 2015, 10:35:11 AM »
Mr Breite this is one of the best thread since i'm here, thanks a lot for the great and interesting stories, hope you're here to stay... Loved the part about your freaky cars, congrats, although i'm more into euro stuff, i have a M3 E46 currently, had the CSL for awhile, not mine, and other BMWs slightly tuned... Regarding bb, have you ever met Paul Dillett? Have you some interesting stories regarding the freaks of the 90s? Did you know some greats in boxing and MMA? Thanks in advance...

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #598 on: September 01, 2015, 11:10:10 AM »
Dear AJ,
  While I have a modest collection of firearms, Craig Richardson is actually very knowledgable about guns and extremely proficient in shooting.  He goes to the practice range quite often.
  Keeping in mind that I have very small hands and have twice broken my right hand, I only carry "sub compact" guns.  I like a .45 caliber for the stopping power.  The guys coming after me
are well armed, sometimes have bullet proof vests and are often very high, sometimes on PCP.
  My favorite brand is Kahr. It's not a popular brand but I buy what I like and feels good, not what is in vogue.  My Kimber 1911 is well equipped and most comfortable too.
  I have an FNX -45 Tactical which holds 15 plus one in the chamber.  It's a nice gun for me too.
Harley

Kahr makes a nice compact gun. Their .45 ACP must kick like a mule. I would probably use a .45 also if I was relegated to using ball ammo and not HP ammo.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #599 on: September 01, 2015, 11:11:50 AM »
I believe Harley represents America.

We should replace the 50 stars on the flag with Harleys face.
X