Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 596960 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #625 on: September 02, 2015, 08:29:38 AM »
Harley,

Please weigh in with legal advice in the threads about the big steroid busts in AZ.

Thanks,

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #626 on: September 02, 2015, 09:14:52 AM »
Mr Breite, check out my message at page 24, thanks...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #627 on: September 02, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »
Harley

You breiten my day!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #628 on: September 02, 2015, 11:05:39 AM »
Mr Breite this is one of the best thread since i'm here, thanks a lot for the great and interesting stories, hope you're here to stay... Loved the part about your freaky cars, congrats, although i'm more into euro stuff, i have a M3 E46 currently, had the CSL for awhile, not mine, and other BMWs slightly tuned... Regarding bb, have you ever met Paul Dillett? Have you some interesting stories regarding the freaks of the 90s? Did you know some greats in boxing and MMA? Thanks in advance...

Dear Alucard,
   Thanks so much and I am glad you like this thread.  You have asked quite a few questions so here goes:
   1)  I am not as big a fan of the European cars as per their aesthetics.  However, my friend had, back in the day, a 1997 M3 in a gorgeous pearl black with chrome Bugatti rims.
At that time, I was still in school so he used to lend it to me for first dates.  Back then, I had a decent game so I didn't a second date.  The car was one of my all time favorites on every single
level.  I bought my Dad a 2004 Bentley Arnage Turbo as a surprise 70th Birthday present and although he passed away almost 2 years ago, I won't ever sell the car.  If that is considered "Euro"
then I do own 1 Euro (maybe 2 if you consider Ferrari Euro).
   2)  I did meet Paul Dillett twice and he wasn't the friendliest guy.  He didn't do anything wrong to me but he was far from congenial.  He was one of the largest human beings I've ever seen.
I know you guys crush him, but when you think of a bodybuilder walking down the street in a tank top, not many guys have ever been so damn impressive.  I know people who claim that he owes them
quite a bit of money.
   3)  As far as knowing "greats" in MMA, I've mentioned that I train under Royler Gracie and am his, as well as many in his family, attorney.  I met Ken Shamrock when I worked the door of an all nude
strip club in 1992-1993 but I didn't know who he was at the time.  He was HUGE, red as a tomato, snorting cocaine like he was breathing and just an intimidating guy.  I once told Royce the story and he laughed and said that he too thought Shamrock could break a tree.
Harley

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: September 02, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »
I met Ken Shamrock when I worked the door of an all nude strip club in 1992-1993 but I didn't know who he was at the time. 

He was HUGE, red as a tomato, snorting cocaine like he was breathing and just an intimidating guy. 

I once told Royce the story and he laughed and said that he too thought Shamrock could break a tree.

Great story Harley! :D

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #630 on: September 02, 2015, 11:12:42 AM »
Harley,

Thanks for your response.  I understand it is a culture issue.  Where do you see this ending for black folks?  I wonder how many killings they can have on the south side of Chicago before a stray bullet kills an innocent white person.  Then what?  Are we on the verge of a tipping point?  Economically, what about gentrification?  What will happen to them?  Where will they go as the gap between them and us spreads wider (for whatever reason, responsibility, etc)?  I'm seriously interested in this sort of thing.  Thank you and law on!

Dear Saint Anger,
   I don't see this as a "Black" issue.  It's about a culture promulgated by a lack of basic education, an unwillingness to commit to high school and babies having babies.  There are thousands
of white communities stuck in their own social mire as well.  
   I don't see it ending until the economy crashes into a true depression and their "idols" are reduced to penniless paupers who have never had any idea of money management to begin with.
There will need to be what I refer to as a "Reverence for Scholarship" and the realization that having a baby does not make you an adult.
  I don't see a race war or those kinds of events as realistic.  This country has become a welfare state and even the rich are too liberal to take such a tough stance.
  One thing that has to be created is the belief, through action, that the poor and disenfranchised can NOT prey upon those who "have."  I believe home defense will become a very big
and lucrative topic for small industries as those who "have" will need to take more serious steps to protect what they have when those who don't "have" attempt to take it from them.  And if you
wait for the police to come and save you, you are already dead.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #631 on: September 02, 2015, 11:15:08 AM »
fantastic insights and stories Harley

thanks for sharing these!

but really it comes as no surprise that Dexter would not help Craig, generally speaking I would say that 99 % of pros would probably have done the same as Dexter- they are a selfish bunch

Dear Old School Lifter,
  To that, I would respond, "Do what is right and not necessarily the rest of the world does."
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #632 on: September 02, 2015, 11:20:11 AM »
Dear Harley,

What do you think the meaning of life is?

Dear SF1900,
  I am no one who could answer that with any authority but in my opinion, Peace of Mind without hurting others is true happiness.
  What is it that lifts your spirit?  What is it that makes you smile when no one is around?  What makes you feel proud to be yourself?
  The answers need not be noble concepts.  A bit of honest introspection leads us all to who we really are.  Part of the problem is that true
introspection is incredibly difficult as it erodes the many layers of defense we have created to shield our egos from pain and embarrassment. 
We may introspect and then not completely like what we find, conclude or even who we are.  But no one could possibly completely like himself.
True introspection might help us better find the real path, the true road each of us as individuals must choose to find our own respective happiness.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #633 on: September 02, 2015, 11:26:54 AM »
Harley, do you have any insights into the death of Rickson's son, Rockson, and also Renzo's brother, Ryan?

Rockson was no angel but Ryan, by all accounts, was just an evil cruel person? Even Ralph was a hot head. It's amazing how Renzo turned out to be such an exceptional, personable and charming human being.

Dear Pellius,
  I once had a wonderful lunch at Renzo's home in NJ with a few other Gracies and we talked a great deal about the family's history, both good and bad.
  One of my best friends and one of my Professors is a guy named Vitor Terra.  I would definitely suggest watching his stuff on YouTube as he is 9-Time Rio Open
Champion and the top rated Black Belt at his weight class.  He was the youngest Professor to ever run the Academy at Gracie Humaita before he left.
  Vitor's wife is one of Renzo's sisters.  We have talked a great deal.
  Renzo's Dad, Robson (the 2nd son of Carlos) for some odd reason, has taken me in as a friend and confidant.  He requests my presence for lunch every time I am in Rio.  We have spent
quite some time together and all I do is get him to tell me of his life and the life of his family.
  The word is that Ryan might have become the greatest Gracie fighter of all time.  He was truly fearless and his street fighting is of legendary status.  The police no doubt killed him
while he was in custody.
  Rickson's son died too and that is a very sensitive situation.  He was also a model in NYC I believe at the time of his "death" which I believe was also in police custody.
Harley

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: September 02, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  I once had a wonderful lunch at Renzo's home in NJ with a few other Gracies and we talked a great deal about the family's history, both good and bad.
  One of my best friends and one of my Professors is a guy named Vitor Terra.  I would definitely suggest watching his stuff on YouTube as he is 9-Time Rio Open
Champion and the top rated Black Belt at his weight class.  He was the youngest Professor to ever run the Academy at Gracie Humaita before he left.
  Vitor's wife is one of Renzo's sisters.  We have talked a great deal.
  Renzo's Dad, Robson (the 2nd son of Carlos) for some odd reason, has taken me in as a friend and confidant.  He requests my presence for lunch every time I am in Rio.  We have spent
quite some time together and all I do is get him to tell me of his life and the life of his family.
  The word is that Ryan might have become the greatest Gracie fighter of all time.  He was truly fearless and his street fighting is of legendary status.  The police no doubt killed him
while he was in custody.
  Rickson's son died too and that is a very sensitive situation.  He was also a model in NYC I believe at the time of his "death" which I believe was also in police custody.
Harley

Sir,

Why do Brazilians hate the letter H?

Thanks, Rarely.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: September 02, 2015, 11:38:44 AM »
 The word is that Ryan might have become the greatest Gracie fighter of all time.  He was truly fearless and his street fighting is of legendary status.  The police no doubt killed him
while he was in custody.

Dear Harley aka Your Breitness

Did they inject him with drugs in custody Harley?

The first report on the death of Ryan Gracie states that he died due to a combination of illegal drugs and prescription medication.

Two months after his body was found in a Sao Paulo jail cell, the "Fantastico" television program on Rede Globo in Brazil cited a toxicology report conducted by experts that indicated Gracie had consumed marijuana and cocaine.

He also had the following anti-anxiety medications in his system: Midazolam, Alprazolan, Prometazina, Clozapine and Haloperidol.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #636 on: September 02, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »
Dear Kwon_2,
  I give no credibility to a Brazilian "Autopsy Report" which is State controlled and completely aware of the public relations mess as the police
bring in the body and "convince" the Medical Examiner what he will find.
  Ryan was no angel and he liked to surf and smoke pot but there are many many ways the police can kill you while in custody without injecting
anything into you.  They can do what they want and then have an ME type out whatever he feels keeps his job.
Harley

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #637 on: September 02, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »
Dear Kwon_2,
  I give no credibility to a Brazilian "Autopsy Report" which is State controlled and completely aware of the public relations mess as the police
bring in the body and "convince" the Medical Examiner what he will find.
  Ryan was no angel and he liked to surf and smoke pot but there are many many ways the police can kill you while in custody without injecting
anything into you.  They can do what they want and then have an ME type out whatever he feels keeps his job.
Harley

I fully understand.

And are you 100 % convinced that such was the case?

If so, why?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #638 on: September 02, 2015, 12:01:33 PM »
  I can't be convinced 100% as I don't have access to all the files but I have enough experience in Brasil, dealing with Brazilians,
attempting to get things done in Brasil and with the Gracies to fully distrust the police and government.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: September 02, 2015, 12:04:14 PM »
  I can't be convinced 100% as I don't have access to all the files but I have enough experience in Brasil, dealing with Brazilians,
attempting to get things done in Brasil and with the Gracies to fully distrust the police and government.

And judging by how Ryan was and acted in the end, you assume that something he said/did in custody must have angered the police to that degree that they killed him.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #640 on: September 02, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »
Dear Captain Freedom,
  Thank you for remembering that I am anticipating bringing home a new dog.
  The puppy should've been born this week already.  I haven't called as I am awaiting to hear the good news of a healthy birth.
  I very much appreciate all your wisdom and advice you offered and I really do continue to think about what you said.
  Just the other day, some guy came through the front door of a home in my town and attempted to sexually assault a 15 year old boy.
  Home invasions are something I have first hand experience with as a victim and they are REAL.  
  A giant pitbull (or as you note, cross breed) stops the notion of Home Break In and if it doesn't, it brings it to a very justified and
violent end.  No one survives breaking into my home, whether it's my 23 guns, rifles and shotguns, 19,000 rounds of ammunition or
a Giant Pitbull.
  I would rather by tried by 12 than carried by 6 and I am not going to the funeral of my Mom at the hands of some guy breaking in trying to
support his pill habit.  I am no tough guy but I will protect my home and family just like you guys would.  No difference.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #641 on: September 02, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
And judging by how Ryan was and acted in the end, you assume that something he said/did in custody must have angered the police to that degree that they killed him.

Ryan had personally beaten up several cops at different times when they tried to break up his street fights.  The cops were known to go out looking for him.
That is undisputed. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #642 on: September 02, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »
Cops like to bait people into getting angry, so they (cops) will have an apparently legit reason to react.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #643 on: September 02, 2015, 12:19:36 PM »
Hi Harley,

Question: Why the pitbull over a breed like the Rottweiler or Bullmastiff?

Reason for question: Don't need any type of large guard dogs, but curious as for justification to own a pitbull over other breeds.

Thank you,

"1"

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #644 on: September 02, 2015, 12:20:07 PM »
Ryan had personally beaten up several cops at different times when they tried to break up his street fights.  The cops were known to go out looking for him.
That is undisputed. 
Dear Harley, The star that shines so breite.

That was most assumedly the case then.

Do you know anything about why Kron never got the attention Rockson got from their dad?

How are things with Kron now?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #645 on: September 02, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »
Harley - When you have a few seconds to spare, please upload one of those too-large jpeg files online (postimage.org is one, or you can look on google for 'upload image' and pick any site you want).  It will work just the same as what you do here ('browse', choose file, 'upload').

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #646 on: September 02, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »
By doing that, you will be able to display image here.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #647 on: September 02, 2015, 03:11:29 PM »
Harley, other option is to alter the pics.  Let me know if you'd rather do that.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #648 on: September 02, 2015, 03:17:45 PM »
Dear Alucard,
   Thanks so much and I am glad you like this thread.  You have asked quite a few questions so here goes:
   1)  I am not as big a fan of the European cars as per their aesthetics.  However, my friend had, back in the day, a 1997 M3 in a gorgeous pearl black with chrome Bugatti rims.
At that time, I was still in school so he used to lend it to me for first dates.  Back then, I had a decent game so I didn't a second date.  The car was one of my all time favorites on every single
level.  I bought my Dad a 2004 Bentley Arnage Turbo as a surprise 70th Birthday present and although he passed away almost 2 years ago, I won't ever sell the car.  If that is considered "Euro"
then I do own 1 Euro (maybe 2 if you consider Ferrari Euro).
   2)  I did meet Paul Dillett twice and he wasn't the friendliest guy.  He didn't do anything wrong to me but he was far from congenial.  He was one of the largest human beings I've ever seen.
I know you guys crush him, but when you think of a bodybuilder walking down the street in a tank top, not many guys have ever been so damn impressive.  I know people who claim that he owes them
quite a bit of money.
   3)  As far as knowing "greats" in MMA, I've mentioned that I train under Royler Gracie and am his, as well as many in his family, attorney.  I met Ken Shamrock when I worked the door of an all nude
strip club in 1992-1993 but I didn't know who he was at the time.  He was HUGE, red as a tomato, snorting cocaine like he was breathing and just an intimidating guy.  I once told Royce the story and he laughed and said that he too thought Shamrock could break a tree.
Harley

Thanks a lot for your time and response... I think all in all, both the E46 and the earlier M3 version are some of the best cars ever made... I love muscle cars too obviously, i always had a thing for the Ford Falcon used to made Mad Max... Actually Paul Dillett is my favorite bodybuilder of all time, freakiest genetic ever, perfect structure, muscle bellies and tall... I know he owed money to people, didn't pay when he changed locations, but i'm sure today he's pretty wealthy being WBFF's ceo and president... He wisely made a career outside bodybuilding, and stopped everything in time... Ken Shamrock, i remember his pancrase days, guy was thick and huge like a bodybuilder, intimidating figure for sure... I see that you're a firearms enthusiast, i have handguns and rifles, currently i'm in long range shooting, have some customs too...

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #649 on: September 02, 2015, 03:24:27 PM »
[quote author=HarleyBreite link=topic=578368.

I would rather by tried by 12 than carried by 6 and I am not going to the funeral of my Mom at the hands of some guy breaking in trying to
support his pill habit
Harley
[/quote]

fantastic line there Harley

this thread is gold, pure gold!