Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 584805 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2900 on: February 13, 2016, 01:08:12 PM »
Hey Guys,
  There are quite a few significant questions being hurled around.
  Given that tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I will spend some time here tomorrow answering as best I can.
Harley

I sense that people are ceasing to give a fuck TBH.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2901 on: February 13, 2016, 01:25:06 PM »
I sense that people are ceasing to give a fuck TBH.

Dear Be There,
   Judging by the number of intelligent and insightful questions, there does seem to be apparent
interest in a few recently raised topics.
   If there were no interest at all, then I suppose you wouldn't have bothered to take the time to
read all of them and post yourself.
   No one has to like everything here nor agree with it all, but you sure don't seem to like anything on
this thread.
   I suppose someone with all the success, answers and self esteem as you possess need not waste any
time here at all.
Harley

Simple Simon

« Reply #2902 on: February 13, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »
Dear Be There,
   Judging by the number of intelligent and insightful questions, there does seem to be apparent
interest in a few recently raised topics.
   If there were no interest at all, then I suppose you wouldn't have bothered to take the time to
read all of them and post yourself.
   No one has to like everything here nor agree with it all, but you sure don't seem to like anything on
this thread.
   I suppose someone with all the success, answers and self esteem as you possess need not waste any
time here at all.
Harley
I wrote "ceasing" not "ceased".
Its the way of Getbig, people here follow the crowd, the crowd is now turning a touch and the rest will follow.

As far as Im concerned you are just doing your job, morally reprehensible as it is.
Enjoy your time in the spotlight.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2903 on: February 13, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »
Bassically it means Harley is an excellent criminal defense attorney.

I don't think that has ever been an issue.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2904 on: February 14, 2016, 05:53:59 AM »
I wrote "ceasing" not "ceased".
Its the way of Getbig, people here follow the crowd, the crowd is now turning a touch and the rest will follow.

As far as Im concerned you are just doing your job, morally reprehensible as it is.
Enjoy your time in the spotlight.

Dear Be There,
  This thread was never about having to be popular.  I thought I would continue what someone had started but only
if it innervated interesting discourse.  I try to respond as quickly as possible to all the very different questions, although
Stuntmovie sends me 13 questions which require 9 weeks of thought and 1,000 pages to answer. LOL.
   The thread was never really limited to specific topics but I did insist on a few things:
   1)  I was not going to partake in just 100% negativity.
   2)  I have no issue with people disagreeing and criticizing me or anyone else as long as it's not done in a rude manner.
   3)  We can always talk frankly about race and other sensitive topics as long as it's done with respect.  Divergent opinions
are not shunned nor ignored.  America is, or at least was, a country where people were not afraid nor stifled to discuss
unpopular topics.
   4)  I agreed to provide free legal help as best I could and to keep it private for anyone here who asked.  I only asked that they
acknowledged on the thread itself that I responded to them without divulging any specifics.
   My time in the "spotlight" whether you are referring to this current client or here on GetBig is not the primary goal. 
   Media attention is not all it's cracked up to be and as you can see from my years of receiving legitimate death threats.
   I do hope you stay on the thread, if you like, and offer your opinions as politely as does everyone else.  You have raised
real issue that provoke nice conversation.  Your distaste for me and my job is understandable but doesn't have to preclude
polite, intellectual debate. 
Harley

Simple Simon

« Reply #2905 on: February 14, 2016, 07:17:12 AM »
Dear Be There,
  This thread was never about having to be popular.  I thought I would continue what someone had started but only
if it innervated interesting discourse.  I try to respond as quickly as possible to all the very different questions, although
Stuntmovie sends me 13 questions which require 9 weeks of thought and 1,000 pages to answer. LOL.
   The thread was never really limited to specific topics but I did insist on a few things:
   1)  I was not going to partake in just 100% negativity.
   2)  I have no issue with people disagreeing and criticizing me or anyone else as long as it's not done in a rude manner.
   3)  We can always talk frankly about race and other sensitive topics as long as it's done with respect.  Divergent opinions
are not shunned nor ignored.  America is, or at least was, a country where people were not afraid nor stifled to discuss
unpopular topics.
   4)  I agreed to provide free legal help as best I could and to keep it private for anyone here who asked.  I only asked that they
acknowledged on the thread itself that I responded to them without divulging any specifics.
   My time in the "spotlight" whether you are referring to this current client or here on GetBig is not the primary goal. 
   Media attention is not all it's cracked up to be and as you can see from my years of receiving legitimate death threats.
   I do hope you stay on the thread, if you like, and offer your opinions as politely as does everyone else.  You have raised
real issue that provoke nice conversation.  Your distaste for me and my job is understandable but doesn't have to preclude
polite, intellectual debate. 
Harley
Yep, stuntmovie is one hell of a troll.

I dont have any distaste for you as a person, I have never given you enough thought to formulate an opinion.
As for your profession, if someone in your shoes knows full well their client is guilty, (as you do your current one) , you should morally be looking at getting them the best outcome on a guilty plea as opposed to putting the victims families through even more heartache and trauma.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2906 on: February 14, 2016, 07:23:05 AM »
Unfortunately not in the long run.
You got to reap what you sow.

Seen it too often to deny it.

I think, and hope, you mean "fortunately".

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2907 on: February 14, 2016, 07:53:10 AM »
Considering the variety of hot and controversial topics discussed, by GetBig standards, this is truly a remarkably civil thread. I really think this is a first for GetBig. That a thread of this type hasn't degenerated into a chaotic pissing match. This is the first time I've ever have to give props to the members and the mods working behind the scenes to
keep it civil. And also Harley for his continued composed, genteel and courteous demeanor.

He sort of set the tone right from the beginning and continues to do so.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2908 on: February 14, 2016, 08:00:18 AM »
Yep, stuntmovie is one hell of a troll.

I dont have any distaste for you as a person, I have never given you enough thought to formulate an opinion.
As for your profession, if someone in your shoes knows full well their client is guilty, (as you do your current one) , you should morally be looking at getting them the best outcome on a guilty plea as opposed to putting the victims families through even more heartache and trauma.

Isn't this where a no contest plea would be more appropriate?
:

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2909 on: February 14, 2016, 08:03:44 AM »
Dear Princess L,
  Knowing how strong you feel about this case, I thought I would just quickly respond
by informing you that NJ does not have a "nollo contendre" plea to even offer.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2910 on: February 14, 2016, 08:05:11 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  I concur.  You guys have been incredibly polite and insightful.
  I never wanted this to get into a "my girlfriend is hotter than yours" contest.
  Imagine the doubters if we had to prove that stupid issue.
Harley

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2911 on: February 14, 2016, 08:14:46 AM »
Dear Princess L,
  Knowing how strong you feel about this case, I thought I would just quickly respond
by informing you that NJ does not have a "nollo contendre" plea to even offer.
Harley

Well that explains A LOT.
:

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2912 on: February 14, 2016, 08:22:53 AM »
What do you think of the BS with the audiences in these debates?  (Harley or anyone else)

They are assembling groups of people who are sure to react in highly predictable ways versus who is speaking, and the short clips made from those reactions are then played endlessly in the following days.

Listening to the cheers vs. the jeers last night, no question someone purposely placed Trump at a clear disadvantage.  That's the problem.  Someone took a personal opinion and decided it was OK to stack the deck accordingly, and the orders were set.  Think about that shit for a moment.  The decision-maker(s) behind this should be identified and made to explain IMO.

How can this be seen as an acceptable practice?  Exactly whose election is this?  Ours?

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #2913 on: February 14, 2016, 08:45:25 AM »
Well that explains A LOT.

Yes, it explains that Harley misspelled 'nolo contendere.'

Dear Harley Breite,

You're a good kid, even if your hair suffers from split ends. However, with this recent transgression of graphical boundaries, you've been caught in flagrante delicto of committing the crime of lapsus scriptum.

Once again, I find myself in the awkward position of having to remind you that you stand before the court of Getbig, where clarity of expression and scented lube are required for the tribunal to masturbate adjudicate evenhandedly.

I leave with hope for your correction and rehabilitation.

Yours,
Kahn

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2914 on: February 14, 2016, 08:46:19 AM »
What do you think of the BS with the audiences in these debates?  (Harley or anyone else)

They are assembling groups of people who are sure to react in highly predictable ways versus who is speaking, and the short clips made from those reactions are then played endlessly in the following days.

Listening to the cheers vs. the jeers last night, no question someone purposely placed Trump at a clear disadvantage.  That's the problem.  Someone took a personal opinion and decided it was OK to stack the deck accordingly, and the orders were set.  Think about that shit for a moment.  The decision-maker(s) behind this should be identified and made to explain IMO.

How can this be seen as an acceptable practice?  Exactly whose election is this?  Ours?

I think this was really the only debate that was stacked.

Didn't they use to have a rule that there would be no cheering and jeering at Presidential debates? If not, they should. And it should be enforced by removing from the audience those that violate that rule.

That being said, I think this cycle of debates have been the most exciting and interesting in my life time. In the past I would watch them because I think it's my civic duty if I am going to vote. But it was kind of like church for me. I didn't really enjoy it much. It was definitely more of obligation. But I think because of Trump it's really become much more exciting and fun. He's changed everything and all the assumptions and conventional wisdoms has been thrown out the window.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2915 on: February 14, 2016, 08:48:21 AM »
Yes, it explains that Harley misspelled 'nolo contendere.'

Dear Harley Breite,

You're a good kid, even if your hair suffers from split ends. However, with this recent transgression of graphical boundaries, you've been caught in flagrante delicto of committing the crime of lapsus scriptum.

Once again, I find myself in the awkward position of having to remind you that you stand before the court of Getbig, where clarity of expression and scented lube are required for the tribunal to masturbate adjudicate evenhandedly.

I leave with hope for your correction and rehabilitation.

Yours,
Kahn

You again.

Time to bust out my dictionary.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2916 on: February 14, 2016, 10:06:43 AM »
I think this was really the only debate that was stacked.

Not at all.  It's been happening at an increasingly clear rate, on both sides.  Last night was the most egregious, though, for sure.  Someone is getting away with it, so it's hard to see how or why it might stop on its own.  I only wish that Trump had taken a moment to look at the camera and explain to people what is happening with the reactions, as he sort of did in the last one.

Didn't they use to have a rule that there would be no cheering and jeering at Presidential debates? If not, they should. And it should be enforced by removing from the audience those that violate that rule.

In order to take every reasonable measure toward fairness, you mean?  Of course they should, and of course I can't disagree.

So when the opposite of that happens, the problem should become obvious.  This is such an outrage as to be nearly unbelievable.

That being said, I think this cycle of debates have been the most exciting and interesting in my life time. In the past I would watch them because I think it's my civic duty if I am going to vote. But it was kind of like church for me. I didn't really enjoy it much. It was definitely more of obligation. But I think because of Trump it's really become much more exciting and fun. He's changed everything and all the assumptions and conventional wisdoms has been thrown out the window.

X2  I've learned a lot this time around, and it makes me want to fly into a rage.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2917 on: February 14, 2016, 11:04:20 AM »
In case it isn't clear:

They are creating an audience using individuals whose reactions are the most easily predicted, AND WHOSE REACTIONS ARE EXACTLY THEIR OWN.

Everyone needs to understand what a cheap fucking shot that is, and how badly someone needs to pay for it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2919 on: February 14, 2016, 12:37:11 PM »
It's practically a case in which people should be hanged.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2920 on: February 14, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
would you feel that way if he got an acquittal for the guy who murdered your wife?
You are personalizing it. Leave out the emotion that's what a good Criminal Attorney has to do.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2921 on: February 14, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »
You are personalizing it. Leave out the emotion that's what a good Criminal Attorney has to do.
Its personal to the victims.
A good criminal attorney should be about seeking justice, thats prosecution and defence, it shouldn't be about trying to ridicule and attack witnesses to find loopholes in their stories and let murderers and violent criminals back on the street.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #2922 on: February 14, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »
Considering the variety of hot and controversial topics discussed, by GetBig standards, this is truly a remarkably civil thread. I really think this is a first for GetBig. That a thread of this type hasn't degenerated into a chaotic pissing match. This is the first time I've ever have to give props to the members and the mods working behind the scenes to
keep it civil. And also Harley for his continued composed, genteel and courteous demeanor.

He sort of set the tone right from the beginning and continues to do so.

Geez what would we do without you giving us your approval for being in an intelligent conversation

way to insult everyone Peldlius
"

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2923 on: February 14, 2016, 01:16:34 PM »
Its personal to the victims.
A good criminal attorney should be about seeking justice, thats prosecution and defence, it shouldn't be about trying to ridicule and attack witnesses to find loopholes in their stories and let murderers and violent criminals back on the street.
Wrong, then they would not be doing what they are hired to do. As bad as that may sound, that is reality.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2924 on: February 14, 2016, 01:21:01 PM »
would you feel that way if he got an acquittal for the guy who murdered your wife?
I have a better answer for this. I would take the law into my own hands before any trial. Then I would hire Harley to defend me.