Author Topic: Here's a List of 8 Discrepancies in Ben Carson's Yale Hoax Story  (Read 3309 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Here's a List of 8 Discrepancies in Ben Carson's Yale Hoax Story
« on: November 10, 2015, 04:38:32 PM »
He's a regular Bill-O with the exaggerations and changes whenever he feels like.  If he applies this same standard of honesty to all of the things he's written - and often repeated as FACT in interviews - it'll certainly take the word "dishonesty" to a new level.

Carson says the class was Perceptions 301. It was actually Psychology 10. (Carson now says that his ghostwriter might have made up a course name and number "just to give it more meat.")

Carson says the professor handed out the exam papers and picked them up. Bakal says it was a fake proctor.

Carson says there were 150 students in the retest. The writeup of the hoax the next day says "several" students showed up.

Bakal says the remaining students received a "small cash prize" at the end. But ten dollars was a fair sum at the time, about equivalent to $60 today.

Carson says the hoax happened during his junior year (1972). The Record hoax actually took place in 1970.

Carson says a photographer took his picture at the end. Bakal doesn't mention this.

Carson says the professor was a woman. That's unlikely since Yale had very few female instructors at the time, but it's possible.  However, Bakal says "one of us" from the Record impersonated a proctor. Yale only began admitting women that year, and it's
pretty unlikely that the Record would have sent over a freshman woman to impersonate a proctor.
F
inally, and most importantly, Carson says the professor/proctor told him he was the most honest person in the course because he had stuck it out to the end. This is absolutely central to Carson's story. But that never happened. The Record proctor might have told him he was the most gullible person in the course, but that's about it.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
Re: Here's a List of 8 Discrepancies in Ben Carson's Yale Hoax Story
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
I, for one, am glad about your recent turn of events and your new found fondness of honesty and your great disdain for lying.  Since you've turned a new leaf, the next time a trayvon martin style incident happens, will you stick to telling the truth and not weave a tale of fiction that JRR Tolkien couldn't match.  You easily told more lies about that incident, and many others that I'm not even going to bother mentioning , than anyone could count. 

Secondly, you are so consumed with how Carson lies about violent altercations, yet you yourself lie about being smacked in the face by another man and your motives behind not reacting to it.  You tell us that you spared his life, but in reality all you were concerned about was cleaning the piss stains out of your new skinny jeans.  Be truthful and own up to your cowardice and maybe then you won't seem so hypocritical

Even more so, in typical carson fashion, you lie about how that situation would play out differently today when in reality you are just as scared as that long ago day that you pissed youself and were neutered by another man.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 06:31:38 PM »
Carson is calling out Clinton... For Lying

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 07:39:55 PM »
Carson is calling out Clinton... For Lying

And you are calling out carson for lying.  I see a pattern amongst liars...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 09:55:03 AM »
And you are calling out carson for lying.  I see a pattern amongst liars...

Ouch. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 10:08:57 AM »
All the right wingers can stop crying

Carson said last night that he doesn't mind the media lying about him as long as they lie about the other side too

Since Faux News has been lying about every Dem (and even some Repubs) since their first day on the air and since Faux News has the highest ratings it seems like we're good on both sides

Now we just need to find some actual lies about Carson

So far I haven't see any other than his denials about his own words but then those are his lies and not the media

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 10:58:39 AM »
Ouch. 

attacking me doesn't make carson honest suddenly.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 11:31:53 AM »
All the right wingers can stop crying

Carson said last night that he doesn't mind the media lying about him as long as they lie about the other side too

Since Faux News has been lying about every Dem (and even some Repubs) since their first day on the air and since Faux News has the highest ratings it seems like we're good on both sides

Now we just need to find some actual lies about Carson

So far I haven't see any other than his denials about his own words but then those are his lies and not the media

Why do you only care about fox news lying?  Do you deny that the liberal media outlets lie, or do you just not care?

I can't say I've every seen fox news lie or omit facts near to the point that the leftist media did by editing the George zimmerman phone call in attempts to make it a racist attack on a young black kid.  And that it one incident.  The leftist media jumps the gun and lies, edits things like this all the time.

Why doesnt that bother you? For that matter, can you cite even one blatant lie that fox news has put out that closely resembles that scenario.  I'm not talking about opinion pieces or political bias, I'm referring to literally editing information  to a point where they in no way resemble a fact.

I honestly think that fox is the more honest of the media, and that is horrible considering they employ people like Sean hannity.

James

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 12:54:56 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 01:18:23 PM »
Why do you only care about fox news lying?  Do you deny that the liberal media outlets lie, or do you just not care?

I can't say I've every seen fox news lie or omit facts near to the point that the leftist media did by editing the George zimmerman phone call in attempts to make it a racist attack on a young black kid.  And that it one incident.  The leftist media jumps the gun and lies, edits things like this all the time.

Why doesnt that bother you? For that matter, can you cite even one blatant lie that fox news has put out that closely resembles that scenario.  I'm not talking about opinion pieces or political bias, I'm referring to literally editing information  to a point where they in no way resemble a fact.

I honestly think that fox is the more honest of the media, and that is horrible considering they employ people like Sean hannity.

weird

I would say the exact opposite

so called left wing media does occasionally do some questionable stuff but it's nothing compared to Faux News

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 03:37:53 PM »
weird

I would say the exact opposite

so called left wing media does occasionally do some questionable stuff but it's nothing compared to Faux News

If it is such a rare occurrence for the left, and such a frequent occurrence for fox, I challenge you to give one example that even attempts to come close to the George zimmerman phone call.

I gave an example, where as you just made a blanket statement with nothing to back it up.  I would like one example of fox editing out certain parts of a conversation to make a man look like an aggressive racist in hot pursuit of someone because they were black.  The 911 operator was edited out and zimmerman's comments were pieced together like a puzzle In a very deliberate fashion.  It was no mistake, it was done with the intent to drum up the typical race hustlers and only an idiot can state otherwise.

Since fox always does worse, I'll await just one of your many examples

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 04:19:51 PM »
If it is such a rare occurrence for the left, and such a frequent occurrence for fox, I challenge you to give one example that even attempts to come close to the George zimmerman phone call.

I gave an example, where as you just made a blanket statement with nothing to back it up.  I would like one example of fox editing out certain parts of a conversation to make a man look like an aggressive racist in hot pursuit of someone because they were black.  The 911 operator was edited out and zimmerman's comments were pieced together like a puzzle In a very deliberate fashion.  It was no mistake, it was done with the intent to drum up the typical race hustlers and only an idiot can state otherwise.

Since fox always does worse, I'll await just one of your many examples

you can start with the hundreds times that Fox has identified a Repubican going through a scandal as a Democrat

Regarding the Zimmerman phone call, NBC apologized, fired the guy and Zimmerman lost his lawsuit so I guess it wasn't all that bad

Fox never apologizes or fires anyone

This topic has been argued ad nauseam over the years on this board

I personally don't give a rats ass what you choose to believe and have no vested interest in convincing you otherwise

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 04:46:15 PM »
you can start with the hundreds times that Fox has identified a Repubican going through a scandal as a Democrat

Regarding the Zimmerman phone call, NBC apologized, fired the guy and Zimmerman lost his lawsuit so I guess it wasn't all that bad

Fox never apologizes or fires anyone

This topic has been argued ad nauseam over the years on this board

I personally don't give a rats ass what you choose to believe and have no vested interest in convincing you otherwise

Okay, got it.  You don't feel that a news network completely editing a phone call for the sole purpose of making it to seem racist is that bad.  You still didn't give any examples that rival that, or any examples at all for that matter.  But then again, I didn't expect any.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 05:00:15 PM »
Okay, got it.  You don't feel that a news network completely editing a phone call for the sole purpose of making it to seem racist is that bad.  You still didn't give any examples that rival that, or any examples at all for that matter.  But then again, I didn't expect any.

I don't know why they did it and I don't care

They fired the guy and apolized

For thousands of example of Faux New go online and search the Daily Show archives

You have 187 posts so you're obviously not aware of how many times this same topic has been beaten to death on this board

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »
I don't know why they did it and I don't care

They fired the guy and apolized

For thousands of example of Faux New go online and search the Daily Show archives

You have 187 posts so you're obviously not aware of how many times this same topic has been beaten to death on this board

It certainly has been beaten to death from a very slanted perspective.  People like you that don't care or believe Hillary lied in spite of mounds of evidence, and people like you that think deliberately triggering a race riot is a trivial affair.  

At least you pursue the important issues...

My point being that you only care if its a lie when it fits your biased liberal viewpoint.  You freely call fox news out for lying but trivialize horrible lies reported from liberal news networks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 05:15:03 PM »

That was horrible.  I have seen nothing on Fox that rivals what those folks did with that tape. 

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 05:21:02 PM »
That was horrible.  I have seen nothing on Fox that rivals what those folks did with that tape. 

For him to being saying it's not that big of a deal, he must have not listened to it.  Anyone with a lick of sense, even someone that names themselves after a debate strategy without actually being able to identify said strategy, should be able to recognize the severity of that phone call editing. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »
For him to being saying it's not that big of a deal, he must have not listened to it.  Anyone with a lick of sense, even someone that names themselves after a debate strategy without actually being able to identify said strategy, should be able to recognize the severity of that phone call editing. 

You are assuming too much.  There is a reason why I call him the Village Idiot.  lol 

I think part of that kind of reaction is a result of folks getting get so caught up in an ideology or a narrative (or both) that it clouds their objectivity.  Or they can just be plain old stupid. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »
You are assuming too much.  There is a reason why I call him the Village Idiot.  lol 

I think part of that kind of reaction is a result of folks getting get so caught up in an ideology or a narrative (or both) that it clouds their objectivity.  Or they can just be plain old stupid. 

Anytime you attack me, we all realize you don't want to talk about those 8 "mis-truths" made by Carson.

Same tactic carson takes too, by the way.  His stories contain a lot of bullshit, but those people following him can't admit OR deny it. 

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 08:48:38 PM »
Anytime you attack me, we all realize you don't want to talk about those 8 "mis-truths" made by Carson.

Same tactic carson takes too, by the way.  His stories contain a lot of bullshit, but those people following him can't admit OR deny it. 

To the contrary, I actually like you calling Carson out and have agreed with you on most of your points.  I hope you actually start telling the truth yourself as well.  Hell, maybe if you don't continue to lie all the time, you won't get the shit slapped outta your puckered up asshole again. 

My preference is only one of consistency.  I would like you to exercise this kind of honesty on both sides of the aisle.  There are plenty of lying politicians.  Perhaps, you could be so passionate about the other liars as well.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 08:54:04 PM »

you must have missed the part where they fired the guy and apologized (and of course got sued and won)

please post an example of Fox doing that

and then we can start having a serious discussion on this topic (which I'm happy to do)

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 09:00:27 PM »
you must have missed the part where they fired the guy and apologized (and of course got sued and won)

please post an example of Fox doing that

and then we can start having a serious discussion on this topic (which I'm happy to do)

They were forced to fire him when the real evidence came out via other outlets.  They did not voluntarily fire him or release the real video.  What choice did they have.  They claimed it was an honest mistake and they didn't edit as such with any intent.  Are you really stupid enough to believe that?

And while we are at it, you still haven't posted anything near as bad as that that Fox has done.  In fact, you haven't posted any example at all, just vague references. You won't post anything done in that nature by fox, because it doesn't it exist.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »
He's a regular Bill-O with the exaggerations and changes whenever he feels like.  If he applies this same standard of honesty to all of the things he's written - and often repeated as FACT in interviews - it'll certainly take the word "dishonesty" to a new level.

Carson says the class was Perceptions 301. It was actually Psychology 10. (Carson now says that his ghostwriter might have made up a course name and number "just to give it more meat.")

Carson says the professor handed out the exam papers and picked them up. Bakal says it was a fake proctor.

Carson says there were 150 students in the retest. The writeup of the hoax the next day says "several" students showed up.

Bakal says the remaining students received a "small cash prize" at the end. But ten dollars was a fair sum at the time, about equivalent to $60 today.

Carson says the hoax happened during his junior year (1972). The Record hoax actually took place in 1970.

Carson says a photographer took his picture at the end. Bakal doesn't mention this.

Carson says the professor was a woman. That's unlikely since Yale had very few female instructors at the time, but it's possible.  However, Bakal says "one of us" from the Record impersonated a proctor. Yale only began admitting women that year, and it's
pretty unlikely that the Record would have sent over a freshman woman to impersonate a proctor.
F
inally, and most importantly, Carson says the professor/proctor told him he was the most honest person in the course because he had stuck it out to the end. This is absolutely central to Carson's story. But that never happened. The Record proctor might have told him he was the most gullible person in the course, but that's about it.

I noticed you didn't link to Mother Jones where the story came from. This is why you don't trust the political left and those that support them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 09:38:35 PM »
I noticed you didn't link to Mother Jones where the story came from. This is why you don't trust the political left and those that support them.

you attack the source.   You ignore the 8 things carson "mis-told".

Attack the messenger.  Cool.  EVERYONE HERE kinda knows those 8 lies were intentionally told, and re-told, by Carson. 

You have been asked "Did Carson lie - yes or no?"

Have you answered yet?  ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »
you attack the source.   You ignore the 8 things carson "mis-told".

Attack the messenger.  Cool.  EVERYONE HERE kinda knows those 8 lies were intentionally told, and re-told, by Carson. 

You have been asked "Did Carson lie - yes or no?"

Have you answered yet?  ;)

If the story is by Mother Jones I don't read past the headline because I already know it's bullshit.