Author Topic: New York is the first city in the US to add sodium warnings to menus  (Read 6961 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: New York is the first city in the US to add sodium warnings to menus
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:27 AM »
No, I don't recall seeing bar codes on menus and that's not what I said.  Or implied.  If you actually read what I said, I was talking about various ways info gets into the app.  

You really sound like a fool.  

You brought up BAR CODES  i didn't.  We weren't talking food products at stores.  we were talking about food on menus   have you been smoking pot or something?     you brought that up trying to defend your bull shit app.

squirm squrim squirm

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
I explained why I don't have a problem with accuracy.  It's based on my person experience with using the app for years now.  My current streak is 101 consecutive days.  It works. 

You can find pretty much every food on the planet, including lobster.  Can I guarantee that it is precise?  Of course not.  But it's close enough for someone to make an informed decision about nutritional values in whatever food they are eating. 

I agree places should provide as much info as possible.  The issue is whether government should force them to do so. 

If you don't have a problem with accuracy, then what is the point of the whole damn thing?  Why even bother with a fitness app if it is not accurate?

I didn't ask if you could find every food on the planet like lobster.  I gave two examples of one specific food that could be way off depending on the recipe followed by the restaurant.

Which is more accurate, a fitness app or the info supplied by the restaurant itself?   I think we know the answer to that one.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »
If you don't have a problem with accuracy, then what is the point of the whole damn thing?  Why even bother with a fitness app if it is not accurate?

I didn't ask if you could find every food on the planet like lobster.  I gave two examples of one specific food that could be way off depending on the recipe followed by the restaurant.

Which is more accurate, a fitness app or the info supplied by the restaurant itself?   I think we know the answer to that one.  

That's becuase he's a whiny curmugeon

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
I blew up your hypothetical by showing my own words from 8 years ago, which directly contradict your point.  You responded by saying you were talking about the 1950s, before I was born.  LOL!!  What the heck?  Stop it already.  LOL! 

Do you even know what a hypothetical means?  If you did then you'd know that what you said 8 years ago doesn't mean much.   Unless you said it in the 60's when the labels were put on.

Geez you are thick.  Seriously  you been smoking Maui Wowui?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »
I blew up your hypothetical by showing my own words from 8 years ago, which directly contradict your point.  You responded by saying you were talking about the 1950s, before I was born.  LOL!!  What the heck?  Stop it already.  LOL!  

That didn't blow up the hypothetical. The point clearly wasn't whether or not you are pro-tobacco, but to illustrate your wrongheaded thought-process in another context. Whether or not you are pro-tobacco was beside the point.  

And it was obvious to literally everyone. This is just your patented red herring tactic to deviate from your original asinine point.  You did it with me regarding carcinogens and salt, and you  quoted the post of me saying literally the opposite of what you claimed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »
You brought up BAR CODES  i didn't.  We weren't talking food products at stores.  we were talking about food on menus  have you been smoking pot or something?     you brought that up trying to defend your bull shit app.

squirm squrim squirm

Focus.  My comments about bar codes were about how information gets into a fitness app:  "There are several ways info gets into the app.  The most reliable is by scanning a bar code from the product.  Another is info provided by the restaurant itself.  Another is by finding other sources online that have already calculated various nutrients.  A lot of the info is already in the app.  Not hard to determine whether something is reliable at all."

This is relevant to my point about how various people can obtain nutritional information.  I wasn't talking about bar codes being a menu.  If you could focus, you'd see that.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2015, 05:49:31 PM »

This is nonsensical.  If I HAD a problem with accuracy, then it wouldn't make sense to use the app.  I DON'T have a problem with accuracy, meaning the app is accurate enough for me, based on my personal use of it for years. 

I don't know if the app is more reliable than the restaurant itself, but I use the app to record food I order at restaurants all the time. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 05:50:16 PM »
Do you even know what a hypothetical means?  If you did then you'd know that what you said 8 years ago doesn't mean much.   Unless you said it in the 60's when the labels were put on.

Geez you are thick.  Seriously  you been smoking Maui Wowui?

I know what a dumb hypothetical is, which is exactly what you posted.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 05:52:46 PM »
That didn't blow up the hypothetical. The point clearly wasn't whether or not you are pro-tobacco, but to illustrate your wrongheaded thought-process in another context. Whether or not you are pro-tobacco was beside the point.  

And it was obvious to literally everyone. This is just your patented red herring tactic to deviate from your original asinine point.  You did it with me regarding carcinogens and salt, and you  quoted the post of me saying literally the opposite of what you claimed.

Yes, it did.  He claimed I would have opposed warning labels on cigarettes in the 1950s.  I have posted numerous times on the board, for years, about my hatred for the tobacco industry.  So his hypothetical was not only dumb and completely irrelevant, but wildly inaccurate.

You are the one who compared food to medicine and sodium/fast food to carcinogens.  That sort of speaks for itself.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2015, 06:50:10 PM »
Yes, it did.  He claimed I would have opposed warning labels on cigarettes in the 1950s.  I have posted numerous times on the board, for years, about my hatred for the tobacco industry.  So his hypothetical was not only dumb and completely irrelevant, but wildly inaccurate.
None of those posts occurred in the 50s or 60s.  He specifically said 50s and 60s instead of just asking you if you were opposed to the tobacco industry or warning labels NOW. You know exactly why that is.  ;)

You are the one who compared food to medicine and sodium/fast food to carcinogens.  That sort of speaks for itself.    

No, I compared fast food to cigarettes and said fast food has carcinogens in it. You've said this more than once (and I've corrected you before), so please quote the post where I compare sodium to carcinogens.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2015, 06:40:50 AM »
This is nonsensical.  If I HAD a problem with accuracy, then it wouldn't make sense to use the app.  I DON'T have a problem with accuracy, meaning the app is accurate enough for me, based on my personal use of it for years. 

I don't know if the app is more reliable than the restaurant itself, but I use the app to record food I order at restaurants all the time. 

Well that is pretty stupid.  You take time to record food you order at restaurants but really don't care if the app is accurate.   ::)

Why bother wasting your time in the first place then?   Perfect example of Republican logic on display here. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2015, 06:41:53 AM »

Facts are the enemies of delusions and deflections.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2015, 10:12:36 AM »
Focus.  My comments about bar codes were about how information gets into a fitness app:  "There are several ways info gets into the app.  The most reliable is by scanning a bar code from the product.  Another is info provided by the restaurant itself.  Another is by finding other sources online that have already calculated various nutrients.  A lot of the info is already in the app.  Not hard to determine whether something is reliable at all."

This is relevant to my point about how various people can obtain nutritional information.  I wasn't talking about bar codes being a menu.  If you could focus, you'd see that.    

You are just doing your bull shit distraction game some more.  2 users provided info for Chick Fila sandwiches.  YOUR COMMENT ABOUT BAR CODES MEAN NOTHING IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS DISCUSSION.

Desperate and pathetic.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2015, 10:14:54 AM »
I know what a dumb hypothetical is, which is exactly what you posted.   :)

You either too high, too stupid or playing your deflection games.

Everyone understands what i was saying except you of course becuase you are too cowardly to deal with it, so play the red herring.

so again:

WHAT YOU SAID 8 YEARS AGO DOESN'T MEAN JACK SHIT in the context of the hypothetical.

Bitch and moan about it all you want, I don't care.  You look like a dumbass  that's running like a bitch.

Desperate and pathetic.  lol

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2015, 10:19:15 AM »
Well that is pretty stupid.  You take time to record food you order at restaurants but really don't care if the app is accurate.   ::)

Why bother wasting your time in the first place then?   Perfect example of Republican logic on display here. 

He's not using republican logic.  He's just playing his bull shit games because he's been made to look like a fool whining about restaurants not being able to afford new menus they would reprint 1-4 times per year regardless at a minimal cost.  And then all the while pretending he knows anything about the restaurant biz or small biz.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2015, 10:28:49 AM »
Nothing.  I have a problem with forcing small businesses to incur the expense of doing this. 

You don't read so well.

The rule is also limited in another way: It'll only apply to bigger chain restaurants, which the health department estimates captures about 10 percent of the restaurant foods people eat. So New Yorkers may now get a quick sense of whether their Panera sandwich is too salty, but they won't know if there's a load of salt in the meals they buy at their local sushi bar every week.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2015, 02:25:44 PM »
He's not using republican logic.  He's just playing his bull shit games because he's been made to look like a fool whining about restaurants not being able to afford new menus they would reprint 1-4 times per year regardless at a minimal cost.  And then all the while pretending he knows anything about the restaurant biz or small biz.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You don't read so well.

The rule is also limited in another way: It'll only apply to bigger chain restaurants, which the health department estimates captures about 10 percent of the restaurant foods people eat. So New Yorkers may now get a quick sense of whether their Panera sandwich is too salty, but they won't know if there's a load of salt in the meals they buy at their local sushi bar every week.

You mean those restaurants that don't pay for their menu creation and printing costs anyway?   HAHAHAHAHA

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2015, 03:02:10 PM »
None of those posts occurred in the 50s or 60s.  He specifically said 50s and 60s instead of just asking you if you were opposed to the tobacco industry or warning labels NOW. You know exactly why that is.  ;)

No, I compared fast food to cigarettes and said fast food has carcinogens in it. You've said this more than once (and I've corrected you before), so please quote the post where I compare sodium to carcinogens.

It's a stupid friggin hypothetical.  How about this:  in 1920, Ozmo would have made his woman wipe his butt because he's too lazy to do it himself.  Equally as asinine as Ozmo's asinine hypothetical. 

Your quote is right here:

Dude this is absolutely absurd.  Tobacco companies market poison.  They have been peddling carcinogens for years. Nicotine is more addictive than heroin and cocaine.  They must hook kids to stay in business.  Comparing that to fast food is pretty dumb. 

Your point? With the exception of being more addictive than heroine or cocaine, everything in that post applies to fast food. And if the fast food industry could make it as addictive as heroine, they would.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2015, 03:03:36 PM »

Oh brother.   ::)  It is accurate enough for me, as I've already explained.  Perfect example of someone who isn't used to thinking for himself.  Whatever critical thinking skills you have deteriorate when you let other people think for you. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2015, 03:04:24 PM »
You are just doing your bull shit distraction game some more.  2 users provided info for Chick Fila sandwiches.  YOUR COMMENT ABOUT BAR CODES MEAN NOTHING IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS DISCUSSION.

Desperate and pathetic.

I already explained it.  I doubt you even read it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
You either too high, too stupid or playing your deflection games.

Everyone understands what i was saying except you of course becuase you are too cowardly to deal with it, so play the red herring.

so again:

WHAT YOU SAID 8 YEARS AGO DOESN'T MEAN JACK SHIT in the context of the hypothetical.

Bitch and moan about it all you want, I don't care.  You look like a dumbass  that's running like a bitch.

Desperate and pathetic.  lol

If you lived in 1920, you would have made your woman wipe your butt, because you're too lazy to do it yourself. 

About as accurate, relevant, and useful as your stupid hypothetical.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2015, 03:06:25 PM »
You don't read so well.

Good point.  Although I don't believe it will end there. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2015, 03:14:47 PM »
I already explained it.  I doubt you even read it.  

You didn't explain anything.  You just tried to justify your red herring, defection, dodge or what ever.  Man up or shut up.

Or maybe you can find another explanation on Myfittnesspal verified by 3 users!  Not that you care if its accurate!  lol

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2015, 03:16:27 PM »
If you lived in 1920, you would have made your woman wipe your butt, because you're too lazy to do it yourself.  

About as accurate, relevant, and useful as your stupid hypothetical.   :)

Not even close.  But keep trying.  Maybe smoke some more pot. 

squirm squirm squirm  :D  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2015, 03:31:46 PM »
You didn't explain anything.  You just tried to justify your red herring, defection, dodge or what ever.  Man up or shut up.

Or maybe you can find another explanation on Myfittnesspal verified by 3 users!  Not that you care if its accurate!  lol

You brought up the red herring of what I would have done in 1950.  lol

What the heck are you talking about??  You don't know anything about the app.  That much is clear.  I'm not sure what the heck you pulled off the internet.  I explained (a) how information gets into the app and (b) why I think the app is accurate. 

You can't speak intelligently about it, because you've never used it and don't know anything about it.  But I know that won't stop you from offering uninformed opinions.  You're pretty good at that.