Author Topic: ND (or others), what year is this Yates picture from? best back of all time!  (Read 26216 times)

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Dorian himself said he could not have beaten Ron, stfu.

But he did beat Ronnie, several times.  Now go kill yourself.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
since flaws that show up in pictures are not actually there onstage, do ya think that Dorian's left biceps that was missing in pictures made an appearance onstage? ;)

An unseperated quad is an unseperated quad. period. 

Sure, lighting can wash out detail to some extent, but EVERY shot shows the same flaw.

Dorian's legs were a big flaw. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that.
Flower Boy Ran Away

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(

Yeah, when Ron was natural.
young niggah greedy

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
since flaws that show up in pictures are not actually there onstage, do ya think that Dorian's left biceps that was missing in pictures made an appearance onstage? ;)

An unseperated quad is an unseperated quad. period. 

Sure, lighting can wash out detail to some extent, but EVERY shot shows the same flaw.

Dorian's legs were a big flaw. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that.

f**k!  You're obsessed man!  Plenty of pics from 91, 93 and 95 showing good separation in the quads on DY if you want the pics, i'm sure you have some of them yourself - and very clear sartorius btw which Ronnie lacks.

MT - when was Ronnie natural?  Perhaps in 90 but that's it.  Anyway, I enjoy the banter with Hulkster as he has half a brain (even if he can't spell SEPARATED), you on the other hand, are a waste of space.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
Suckymuscle, you are schmoe with no medical background at all.  I have yet to see an in shape bodybuilder like Yates, Coleman, etc ever get a true bodyfat measurement by hydrodensitometry weighting or DEXA.  Hell, if they have the cash, they could use perceived new gold standard the MRI (hahahaha).  Whatever dude, I don't believe the weights that bodybuilders spew about anyway.  I bet you if you weighed bodybuilders like Yates and Coleman the same way and with the strict measurements of even a high school wrestling meet (underwear and no shirt), the true weights would not approach 274 (for Yates) or 296 (for Coleman).  BB is a joke as everything about it is magnified and exagerrated.  Where did you get that "2% bodyfat" claim from Sucky....does McGough have DEXA vision or something.  I agree, Yates was the man and I like the dude.  However, he is anything but the epitome of bodybuilding....he has too many weaknesses.  However, I agree that his shape was astounding in the black and whites, but he never seemed to hit that degree of conditioning except maybe in the 2003 Mr. Olympia.  Coleman looked damn good this year at a lighter weight, but he was at his best 1998/1999.  In 2003, he was the largest BB in condition who ever stepped on shape.  I bet you if you did true bodyfat measurements with underwater weighing, DEXA and maybe MRI (never seen it used for such but possible), they would average 4-5 percent.

Um, getbig.com is a BB website ::)  Don't like it, leave :o
just not good enough

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
To determine the winner we must look at the mandatory poses:

95 Yates vs 98 Ronnie

Abs/thigh - YATES
Side Tricep - YATES
Front D.Bicep - YATES
Front Lat Spread - YATES
Rear Lat Spread - YATES
Back Double Biceps - Ronnie
Most Muscular - YATES

YATES  is better end of story.

"Shut the F up and train"

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
LMAO @  ::)
Wait for it....

GMCtrk

To determine the winner we must look at the mandatory poses:

95 Yates vs 98 Ronnie

Abs/thigh - YATES
Side Tricep - YATES
Front D.Bicep - YATES
Front Lat Spread - YATES
Rear Lat Spread - YATES
Back Double Biceps - Ronnie
Most Muscular - YATES

YATES  is better end of story.

I would do '93 Yates (257 lbs) vs. '99 Coleman (252 lbs)
Ab/Thigh - Yates
Side Tricep - Yates
Front Double Biceps - Toss up, Yates is slighly bigger and more proportioned, Ronnie better biceps
Front Lat spread - Yates
Rear Lat Spread - Toss up
Back Double Biceps - Coleman
Most Muscular - Coleman

As you can see its brutally close, Yates has a better lower back, calves of course. Ronnie better biceps, possible more striated.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
*Can't* be a superstar with Yates mediocre arms & delts, overall blockiness & lack of aesthetics. Can't have a great most muscular with weak arms and average delts! It's man against boy. Does everyone conveniently forget none other than Schwarzenegger's disparaging remarks about Yates when Yates was competing?

I have a feeling most or all who like Yates just happen to be white. Just a coincidence, of course! ;) It's a matter of identifying with one of your own. Anyone who likes Yates would have trouble putting him ahead of someone else who was seriously flawed-Haney. They're so similar-all torso, very high muscle quality & density, robbed of greatness by the absence of arms and in Haney's case, legs, in Yates case, overall powerlifter blockiness and lack of flow or aesthetics.

At their best:
Yates & Coleman have comparable lats-Yates with more density, Coleman with more size - a draw:

Advantages:

Yates:     density/dryness
              calves

That's IT..

New standards in powerlifter hips & butt.
              Mediocre arms-tris look ok in only that *one* side shot, not in any other shot
              Mediocre delts (Nasser's yet another who blows out Yates on arms & delts, check   those pics)

Coleman:  Everything else:

TAPER
              OVERALL MUSCLE VOLUME (not even close)
              ARMS (not even close bis or tris on any criteria-the difference between superstar & ok)
              DELTS
              THIGHS
              CHEST

CONCLUSION:
Ron's a superstar in the pantheon of greats alongside Oliva & Schwarzenegger. Exactly why Yates admits he would lose, he knows it, has the class to admit it. He beat Coleman sure-Zane once beat Schwarzenegger when he was coming up, who cares now, other than  Yates groupies?

Yates joins Haney in the "good but seriously flawed" B-level, ahead of Chris Dickerson & Franco Columbu. Tiny arms & delts and overall blockiness will *never* equal superstar, period. If Haney or Yates had great arms, they move up to a different neighborhood!

Here's an embarassing reminder-excellent density, *PUNY* arm & delt size = *cannot* win back or front double bi shots or most muscular.. I cringe on his behalf for those arms!

suckmymuscle

Suckymuscle, you are schmoe with no medical background at all.  I have yet to see an in shape bodybuilder like Yates, Coleman, etc ever get a true bodyfat measurement by hydrodensitometry weighting or DEXA.  Hell, if they have the cash, they could use perceived new gold standard the MRI (hahahaha).  Whatever dude, I don't believe the weights that bodybuilders spew about anyway.  I bet you if you weighed bodybuilders like Yates and Coleman the same way and with the strict measurements of even a high school wrestling meet (underwear and no shirt), the true weights would not approach 274 (for Yates) or 296 (for Coleman).  BB is a joke as everything about it is magnified and exagerrated.  Where did you get that "2% bodyfat" claim from Sucky....does McGough have DEXA vision or something.  I agree, Yates was the man and I like the dude.  However, he is anything but the epitome of bodybuilding....he has too many weaknesses.  However, I agree that his shape was astounding in the black and whites, but he never seemed to hit that degree of conditioning except maybe in the 2003 Mr. Olympia.  Coleman looked damn good this year at a lighter weight, but he was at his best 1998/1999.  In 2003, he was the largest BB in condition who ever stepped on shape.  I bet you if you did true bodyfat measurements with underwater weighing, DEXA and maybe MRI (never seen it used for such but possible), they would average 4-5 percent.

Bullshit, you dumb cun t! A healthy young male, who exercises regularly and has a diet devoid of processed foods, can have 2-4% bodyfat. Wild game, who feed strictly on grass and runs around all day, has around 3% bodyfat. Michael Jordan had 3% bodyfat all through his career. I've never competed professionaly, yet I've taken my bodyfat down to 4.5%, as measured by hydrostatic weighting, by eliminating processed foods and doing a low-carb diet for two months, with daily aerobic exercise; nothing more natural and expected, when you do the opposite that the medical establishment tells you to(doctors still give dextrose in the IV serum for hospital patients, even though they're aware that high-glycemic index carbohydrates are primary contributors to the onset on insulin resistent, type 2 diabetes). If I had taken sauce, GH, IGF-1, cytomel and clenbuterol, how ripped would I'd become?

Oh, yeah, removing the shirt and shoes off will make a tremendous difference in the scale! ::) Yeah, as I said, Ronnie was humongous in 2003. But a better CONDITIONING than Dorian, you say? Girl, Jim Schmaltz, Peter McGough, Wayne De Milia and Jim Manion are all unanimous in saying, that Yates, had the best conditioning OF ALL TIMES! This includes the current Mr.O. The 280+ lbs Ronnie has so many flaws that it's not even worth mentioning. I do believe that the 270+ lbs Dorian is superior to the 270+ lbs Ronnie:better hardness, density and overall structure. But that's just me; I don't expect a non-bodybuilding fangirl to understand. At the bodyweight they both excel at, around 250 lbs, Dorian is so superior to Ronnie-evidenced by all the times he raped Ronnie in the pooper, onstage-, that it's pointless to even discuss it.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

P.S:Stop calling me Suckymuscle, as calling me that is reserved exlusively to your mom. To you, it's Mr.Suckymuscle. ;D

suckmymuscle

HA HA HA! ;D Monster triceps, you've just been:

R-A-P-E-D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

Um, getbig.com is a BB website ::)  Don't like it, leave :o

Leave him:he's one of those fat doctors, who believes that modern processed foods are good for you. And who will be responsible for the extinction of the Human Species, due to having prescribed so many antibiotics since the 1950's, that now viruses are much tougher and deadlier. Oh, the wisdom of medicine! Do you know what practically everyone who makes it to the three-digit birthday years have in common? They seldom went to the doctor! ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

It's not close at all. There's obviously some racism here, white guys who associate with Yates.

Did someone just give Yates most muscular, with those arms? ::) As soon as he gets most muscular, the entire analysis has to be thrown out.

At their best:
Yates & Coleman have comparable lats-Yates with more density, Coleman with more size - a draw:

Advantages:

Yates:     density/dryness
              calves

That's IT..

New standards in powerlifter hips & butt.
              Mediocre arms
              Mediocre delts (Nasser's yet another who blows out Yates on arms & delts, check   those pics)

Coleman:  Everything else:

TAPER
              OVERALL MUSCLE VOLUME (not even close)
              ARMS (not even close-the difference between superstar & ok)
              DELTS
              THIGHS
              CHEST

Here's an embarassing reminder-excellent density, *NO* arm or delt size = cannot win back or front double bi shots..

Actually, it's the opposite dumbass:it is Blacks who usually discriminate against Whites, for the "bruthas". >:(

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

Actually it does matter if you havent seen a guy compete because photos and videos do not tell the tale.  All bodybuilders have flaws (obviously Dorian's bicep, poor execution of the rear dbl bi shot, upper pecs to a small degree) but due to your inexperience you miss important factors - like skeletal structure for example.  Up close where the judges are Dorian's legs were very well separated and Ronnie's actually weren't - sorry but I have seen them side by side from 10 yards.  Sure Ronnie is bigger now and his detail from the rear has been amazing but he still lacks it from the front.

There are many competitors I have been much bigger fans of (Haney, Labrada, Al Beckles) but the Dorian bashing is ridiculous.  I also cannot see how Dorian would have been the preferred candidate of Joe Weider as some would suggest considering he never lived in the USA and he's not exactly the best looking guy in the world.  So why did the judges award him all those victories?  Perhaps because they were there and saw how he overwhelmed Wheeler, Ray, Levrone et al every year including 94?  Like I say, those judges were there and they saw fit to give the decision to Dorian - are you more knowledgeable than them?  I remember talking with the photographer Chris Lund once and he was amazed at how many people thought they could judge a show from pics and videos, as he said, you can't, the difference is substantial.  

Some of you kids who have only been interested in bb for a short amount of time make me laugh as you are not tuned in to the finer points of physique development and think you know it all and are experts from a few pictures.  Are you even out of high school?  LOL.      

ND - yes I agree, Hulster is clearly a little disturbed (not such a bad thing just a fact).  The hijacking of threads in the way you describe is kind of odd and shows his immaturity.  But like I said, what do you expect of a kid who has Ronnie posters on his ceiling?

Amen! ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pumpster

• Getbig V
SUCKMYMUSCLE with more childlike 5-year old name-calling and muddled logic that masquerades for content..::)

Yates was *never* great because of his serious flaws (small arms & delts, big hips, blockiness Jay Cutler would be proud of), but he's white, like most who identify with him. Boxing's always looking for a white guy too. Yates is bodybuilding's Gerry Cooney..;D

suckmymuscle

SUCKMYMUSCLE with more childlike 5-year old name-calling and muddled logic that masquerades for content..::)

Yates was *never* great because of his serious flaws (small arms & delts, big hips, blockiness Jay Cutler would be proud of), but he's white, like most who identify with him. Boxing's always looking for a white guy too. Yates is bodybuilding's Gerry Cooney..;D

And of course...you're black! ::) I'm shocked :o...not!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Tiny Arms and Delts? HA

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Tiny Arms and Delts? HA

tiny is not the right word. "crappy" would be better, at least compared to Ronnie.

Flower Boy Ran Away

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
 :)
young niggah greedy

MB

• Getbig IV
Yates was *never* great because of his serious flaws (small arms & delts, big hips, blockiness Jay Cutler would be proud of),

Totally wrong.  Yates had very narrow hips and long legs, not blocky at all.  To compare him to Cutler is laughable.  His structure is much closer to Haney & Coleman.   

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
if those pictures of Yates had been taken in color, would this conversation be happening.

B & W's change everything.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me

man, ronnie looked so good at that show he can be halfway flexing and still crush Yates

<cums all over keyboard>  :-* :-*
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me

Yates had very narrow hips and long legs, not blocky at all.

no, not at all ;).
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
Totally wrong.  Yates had very narrow hips and long legs, not blocky at all.  To compare him to Cutler is laughable.  His structure is much closer to Haney & Coleman.

What's laughable is that you've completely "forgotten" the crummy arms, the lack of aesthetics and the weightlifter look he always had, exactly as mentioned by Schwarzenegger. Take a good look at the pic above-blocky, once again, structure *nothing* like Haney, who had lines and tapers to small joints, a small waist & slender hips! Long legs? You need glasses.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
if those pictures of Yates had been taken in color, would this conversation be happening.

B & W's change everything.

I agree. Nobody would have even have heard of Yates if those shots had been in colour. He was really only 110lbs with one leg 6 inches longer than the other and as smooth as a babies arse. He would never have won all those titles either because the judges were obviously influenced by the black and white tonality.
Amazing what Tri-X can do for a physique. Kodak should use it in their advertising campaign.