Author Topic: Personal trainer a dumb career choice?  (Read 26050 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Re: Personal trainer a dumb career choice?
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2016, 09:03:09 AM »
A woman i am good friends with is a personal trainer and she asked me to take an outdoors class for her in the local park one evening. I really didn't want to but it was actually a lot of fun. It was just 16 women, quite a few of them hot and i just thrashed them around a park for an hour and had a laugh with them. It would be one of those jobs where you'd be drowning in fanny all the time.

Yeah but women have no boundaries.  They will start creating in their mind that they have some sort of special connection  with you and get jealous if they see you talking to other women.  Not to mention constantly blowing up your phone at odd hours asking questions about their diet just because they need an excuse to talk to you, I was getting texts at 11 at night asking if this chick could have a cheat meal lol. Honestly it caused a lot of issues in my last relationship
l

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »
Where the fuck do you live to charge that much? I'm calling absolute BULLSHIT on this. Funny guy you are man...

It's not bullshit. You live in Canada. Plenty of upscale gyms in Manhattan that charge well over $100.00 for one training session. They target very wealthy people.
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2016, 09:13:21 AM »
It's not bullshit. You live in Canada. Plenty of upscale gyms in Manhattan that charge well over $100.00 for one training session. They target very wealthy people.

Makes no sense to walk away from a job that pays that much.
$100 for one training session, fucking morons to pay that, wtf?
?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2016, 09:19:41 AM »
$780mo per client x 25 clients = $19,500mo.

Your janky math can't escape the 70 hours/week x 52 weeks to get to that gross number. That's not doable in any way/shape/form as nobody can structure EVERY day so that they are engaged with a client 10 straight hours a day SEVEN days a week. It's just not possible.

Sorry.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2016, 09:20:45 AM »
You goddamn retard, you can't even multiply.

It's so easy to see through your BS, you're not doing as good as you claim.

Hahahaha, ok. 25 clients at $780mo is $19,500. What's the problem here?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2016, 09:21:19 AM »
Your janky math can't escape the 70 hours/week x 52 weeks to get to that gross number. That's not doable in any way/shape/form as nobody can structure EVERY day so that they are engaged with a client 10 straight hours a day SEVEN days a week. It's just not possible.

Sorry.

Even half of what is claimed here would be very good.

Total thread of FICTION, just be honest guys, stop with trying to impress others with your fake numbers and fake fee's.
?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »
Unless coach is claiming that he does small group fitness at $65/hour/client. If he's training 3-4 at a time, the math might add up. I was basing my math on 1:1 PT.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »
Where the fuck do you live to charge that much? I'm calling absolute BULLSHIT on this. Funny guy you are man...

Equinox charges 3 grand for a ten week thing.  There are plenty of people who play hundred dollars an hour easily.
Y

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2016, 09:29:48 AM »
Equinox charges 3 grand for a ten week thing.  There are plenty of people who play hundred dollars an hour easily.

I can only suppose cost of living is so high in those areas, it just balances out. The $100 is the equivalent of $40 anywhere else I bet.
?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »

You said you charged 65 an hour

780/65= 12 hours per client per month

25 clients x 12 hours = 300 hours a month

No way someone works 300 a month. Now, of course if you train small groups that amount of money would be doable. But I really feel you're bullshitting. Based on the pics you'vre posted, your gym isn't even big enough to train a bunch of people at the same time.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »
Unless coach is claiming that he does small group fitness at $65/hour/client. If he's training 3-4 at a time, the math might add up. I was basing my math on 1:1 PT.

Like I said. We do small group and one on one. I gave a run down of our business model in a previous post. How ever, we just had an Equinox open here in HB and their one on one's are like $150hr. To me that's ridiculous.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2016, 09:38:51 AM »
   A career choice is something you can do for a long period of time, that is worth your time. Look at your options. I live in an area where the average detached house is over 1 million dollars. Some of these houses are garbage and should be worth 200K but wealthy immigrants buy them up overseas, and the demand is great. My uncle is in real estate. He has made connections in the industry for over 30 years and has a team of agents working under him giving him a significant cut of each deal. He makes over 1 mill per year. I also know tons of real estate people that make under 60K a year. Some make close to nothing. In the end, you either have it or you don`t. The ones that have it go far. I don`t doubt Coach and others can make big money in PT. They get results, the rep counters don`t. He knows how to market.

I know a finance guy that has credentials up to the ceiling, attends seminars monthly, and has a great attitude. The guy just doesn`t have the personality to sell. He cant sell water in the desert. Choose a career you can do well that gives you the lifestyle level you want. Ìf that isn`t available marry a girl with money. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »
Makes no sense to walk away from a job that pays that much.
$100 for one training session, fucking morons to pay that, wtf?

A lot of them are upscale women who are married to VERY wealthy men. What's a $100 training session to someone who is worth $50 million? Drop in the bucket for them.
X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2016, 10:05:04 AM »
A lot of them are upscale women who are married to VERY wealthy men. What's a $100 training session to someone who is worth $50 million? Drop in the bucket for them.

Not an enormous pool of clients with that kind of scratch.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »
Not an enormous pool of clients with that kind of scratch.

Maybe not 50 million, but if you're livening in the upper west side of Manhattan, you're making BIG bank (that's where the gym was). As such, 100 bucks is nothing for people living in that area. People routinely paid over $100 for one training session.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2016, 10:26:37 AM »
The trend in personal training changed along time ago. Most small personal training studios, small gyms like mine and bigger athlete performance centers offer small or large group training with one on one training to be paid at a premium. The industry figured out that paying less In a small group setting offered more of a competitive atmosphere for clients while paying significantly less. The benefit for the trainer/facility is that they make more per session, retain more clients for longer periods of time and better results. When you look at it from a business stand point it only makes sense and offering multiple types of training to cover certain demographics is a must. Again, I do good but not nearly what others might do.

Marketing has to be made a priority to get the volume. It has to be scheduled with multiple platforms and the business itself should be ran like anyother business. Office operations, marketing, daily accounting, etc, etc.

I'm in two different business mentorships that help tremendously with our business.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2016, 11:26:30 AM »

I got 50 the gym got 50. I only had a few appointments a week and a shitty base pay. Flintstones is given 7 page of good advice and he's worried about bitches hitting his phone up lol.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2016, 11:33:40 AM »

Your clients are paying $195 per week??

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2016, 11:36:38 AM »

Well, it comes with the "NFL Advanced Stack" and a prep coach.

Simple Simon

« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2016, 11:38:31 AM »
I said I was a personal trainer years ago. I work in a hospital now and I'm back at school. He long did it take you talk dig all that up.
2 minutes
Im amazed that you walked away from a lucrative career charging $100 an hour.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2016, 11:39:52 AM »
personal training is good when your young and full of energy. but when you get older and life gets serious constantly hustling for more clients gets old. Its not a long term stable career. also when you get old, who would want to hire you? you can only rely on your looks and body for so long. think about it that way.
>:(

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2016, 11:41:09 AM »
2 minutes
Im amazed that you walked away from a lucrative career charging $100 an hour.

I only had a few clients shitty base pay. Gym took 50 of it.
I ended giving it up to pursue something else. Jesus who you work for the cia.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2016, 12:14:43 PM »

No, just giving an example what could be made as an individual for general clientele. But take into consideration that a lot of them usually miss a day, reschedule, personal issues, etc. But a rule if you charge by the session that should = 12 sessions per month you should have a cut off date to finish their package. Example would be they would have 6 weeks to complete their sessions before they pay for new sessions. If you don't do it that way they could drag out those sessions and that's where you lose money.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2016, 12:17:01 PM »
Well, it comes with the "NFL Advanced Stack" and a prep coach.

Combine prep and offseason NFL, MLB that are represented usually pay significantly more than that per week ;)

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2016, 12:20:29 PM »
The personal training industry suffers because of the justifiable stigma of lack of value as provided for by 95% of its participants.

The low barriers to entry set the tone for most who just see it as a temporary gig and not a career to be nurtured.

It's still an industry in its infancy, when/if some multi million dollar PT companies come along they will give trainers genuine career paths and thinks will look up for the higher echelon and ambitious younger trainers.