Author Topic: what is the cheapest way to eat and still get maximum gains?  (Read 12298 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: what is the cheapest way to eat and still get maximum gains?
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2016, 01:46:59 PM »
Reside in your parent's converted attic and spend your allowance on tren and prostitutes.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2016, 02:11:06 PM »
maybe it contains chemicals that cause baldness

Your already injecting those. EQ and test. :D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »
Your already injecting those. EQ and test. :D
well i started losing hair before ever touching gear

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 02:24:26 PM »
Chicken breast is the cheapest meat and oatmeal is probably the cheapest carbs.
S

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 02:25:33 PM »
Chicken breast is the cheapest meat and oatmeal is probably the cheapest carbs.
whey protein isolate is still cheaper than chicken breast

is it legit or just "fart powder" ???

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 02:41:35 PM »
lb for lb I'm getting more frozen cod than chicken breasts, if you went to Pollock or generic "white fish" it would be even cheaper...

There's nothing wrong with protein powder either

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 03:09:11 PM »
5.63 Euro equals $6.26 United States.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 03:18:30 PM »
must be absolute shit chicken, probably imported from hungary or brazil - disgusting, eu laws are shit when it comes to keeping of animals.

chicken killed in other countries can only be sold in the US as precooked. So, if you are buying frozen chicken, you are more then likely eating some nasty bird.
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 03:36:42 PM »
chicken killed in other countries can only be sold in the US as precooked. So, if you are buying frozen chicken, you are more then likely eating some nasty bird.

sounds like a typical Saturday night for some on here.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »
5.63 Euro equals $6.26 United States.

About 3 bucks a pound for frozen chicken breast.  About $45 a week.  The rice is what, another 15 max?  So all this discussion bitching is about a $60 a week grocery bill?

You can make at least that much in 1 day panhandling.  

$200 week on groceries is $10,400 a year.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »
sounds like a typical Saturday night for some on here.

unless you're The True Adonis, he prefers a thick mexican meat.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 03:54:35 PM »
About 3 bucks a pound for frozen chicken breast.  About $45 a week.  The rice is what, another 15 max?  So all this discussion bitching is about a $60 a week grocery bill?

You can make at least that much in 1 day panhandling.  

$200 week on groceries is $10,400 a year.

$200 week on groceries for ONE person. What are you buying yourself? I can get by spending like $50 a week. Then again, I am not a big meat eater and I don't gorge myself with meal after meal, with huge portions.

Maybe 200 for a couple with a kid.
X

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 03:58:28 PM »
$200 week on groceries for ONE person. What are you buying yourself? I can get by spending like $50 a week. Then again, I am not a big meat eater and I don't gorge myself with meal after meal, with huge portions.

you're telling me you can live on $7 per day spending on food, comfortably

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2016, 04:08:56 PM »
you're telling me you can live on $7 per day spending on food, comfortably

Yes.

If i buy a few bags of spinach and salad and assorted vegetables, that lasts me a few days. I eat smaller portions these days and eat less frequently. Remember, during the day, I only eat one time, then I eat again at night. Then a few snacks here and there. And I only drink water. And I don't waste any food.

When you don't needless buy food and don't waste food, you'd be surprised how much money you can save. Everything I buy I consume. We buy too much, eat too often, and eat too much.

Research shows: "The cost of feeding a family of four a healthy diet can run $146 to $289 a week, according to the latest numbers from the U.S. Department of Agriculture." So, lets pretend 4 people cost 200. How much should one person cost?  ??? ???

I just found this from the USDA

Weekly cost for 1 person age 19-50:

Thrifty:43
Low cost:55
moderate cost: 70
Liberal: 86

So, let me bump that up. I probably spend between 50-70 a week, lets say 60. If I spent $86 dollars per week on food, Id be throwing a lot out.
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2016, 04:15:58 PM »

most people can eat well for 50 $ per week if you prepare your own meals.  :)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 04:29:49 PM »

I didn't say I spend $200 a week, just picked a figure 3 times what was being discussed to show that even that only amounts to a pittance in a year overall.  BUT since you mentioned it, think about how little extra money it is to eat like a king.  Think of how much more money people waste on silly shit.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2016, 05:36:29 PM »
Yes.

If i buy a few bags of spinach and salad and assorted vegetables, that lasts me a few days. I eat smaller portions these days and eat less frequently

I live in NY, shop at shoprite. A typical bag of those greens is around $3 minimum, and they have like 40 total calories per bag, that's like living on air. Buying just a couple of those already is near or exceeds your initial $ daily allowance. And shoprite is like one of the cheaper stores.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2016, 06:36:15 PM »
I live in NY, shop at shoprite. A typical bag of those greens is around $3 minimum, and they have like 40 total calories per bag, that's like living on air. Buying just a couple of those already is near or exceeds your initial $ daily allowance. And shoprite is like one of the cheaper stores.

Yes a spinach salad for lunch and then something unspecified but "light" for dinner.  The caloric intake of a skinny 70 yr old woman.  Probably also enjoys a nice bowl of soup on a drizzly day.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2016, 07:05:16 PM »

I live in NY too. I also buy some fruits and veggies and I am good to go. I don't eat much.

If I spend 60 a week, and I buy 5 bags, that is 15 bucks and leaves me 45 for fruits and veggies. I buy oatmeal and pasta in bulk from Costco and it lasts me a while.

You seem to be very concerned or discomforted by my diet.  Thank you for your concern.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2016, 07:06:01 PM »
Yes a spinach salad for lunch and then something unspecified but "light" for dinner.  The caloric intake of a skinny 70 yr old woman.  Probably also enjoys a nice bowl of soup on a drizzly day.

French onion soup is good.
X

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2016, 07:15:54 PM »
I live in NY too. I also buy some fruits and veggies and I am good to go. I don't eat much.

If I spend 60 a week, and I buy 5 bags, that is 15 bucks and leaves me 45 for fruits and veggies. I buy oatmeal and pasta in bulk from Costco and it lasts me a while.

You seem to be very concerned or discomforted by my diet.  Thank you for your concern.

Nah man, I'm just looking for ways to save myself. I thought I was being frugal but some of you guys in here school me.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2016, 07:34:31 PM »

I think I've already said this but my older brother is vegan (but not an ass about it!  ;D) and grows a lot of what he eats.  He's healthy too.   Trains a couple of times a week on H.I.T. and enjoys life with his wife in Oregon.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »
Nah man, I'm just looking for ways to save myself. I thought I was being frugal but some of you guys in here school me.

As I said, we buy far too much and waste far too much. Its also about portion control. In America, we gorge ourselves. Ive been eating A LOT cleaner these days, smaller portions. It really has helped me physically. You don't waste any food and save a few bucks.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2016, 08:06:36 PM »
I think I've already said this but my older brother is vegan (but not an ass about it!  ;D) and grows a lot of what he eats.  He's healthy too.   Trains a couple of times a week on H.I.T. and enjoys life with his wife in Oregon.

I still eat meat, but very sparingly. Best decision I ever made was switching my diet.
X

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2016, 08:26:41 PM »
I still eat meat, but very sparingly. Best decision I ever made was switching my diet.

But how much he do you spend on supplements per month?
D