Author Topic: Trump: the implosion continues  (Read 47702 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Trump: the implosion continues
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2016, 01:49:46 PM »
It was stupid (or worse) for him to get himself into a situation which he knew was going to cause him to lie.

Yes this is stupid. Unfortunately, adultery is not at all uncommon. It appears that more folks admit to having an affair than don't. http://www.statisticbrain.com/infidelity-statistics/

One usually makes a choice whether to lie or be truthful. Legal counsel most often advise their clients to offer nothing incriminating. It is a prosecutor's responsibility so establish guilt, i.e. innocent until proven guilty.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2016, 01:52:54 PM »
Yes this is stupid. Unfortunately, adultery is not at all uncommon. It appears that more folks admit to having an affair than don't. http://www.statisticbrain.com/infidelity-statistics/

One usually makes a choice whether to lie or be truthful. Legal counsel most often advise their clients to offer nothing incriminating. It is a prosecutor's responsibility so establish guilt, i.e. innocent until proven guilty.

Adultery one thing - stick a fat intern in the cooch w cigars as POTUS whole different thing

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »
Adultery one thing - stick a fat intern in the cooch w cigars as POTUS whole different thing

Can you provide a link which verifies that this is, in fact, true?

Everyone has their limits. Don't impose yours on other folks.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2016, 02:59:01 PM »

He took a suggestion from himself to lie, I'm sure.  Wasn't at all a hard sell, no doubt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2016, 05:10:47 PM »
Sexual harassment is always wrong, but there is no evidence that Clinton sexually harassed anyone while in the white house.  And it would not be cheating on your spouse if you've established ground rules ahead of time.  Many people have various forms of open relationships.

LBJ was supposedly the most sexually promiscuous president of modern times.

I didn't say anything about sexual harassment. 

What evidence is there that Hillary condoned Bill screwing around, particularly when Hillary attacked these women?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2016, 05:19:02 PM »
1. Show me where I wrote that this punishment wasn't severe.

2. Why bring up President Clinton's past behavior at this particular time? I fail to see how it is relevant.

3. Your assessment that facts don't matter to me is way off base. Most of my responses to you are quotes from other sources. If any of these "facts" are invalid, take issue with those who originally stated them. When I post a personal opinion, I identify it as such.

4. I did not solicit your help nor is it welcomed.

P.S. You did not answer the one question I asked you.

1.  The fact you underlined the punishment. 

2.  I was responding to your contention that Bill Clinton's private misconduct were separate from his job as president. 

3.  Facts clearly don't matter to you, like trying to contend that service members are rarely punished for adultery.  You don't know what the heck you're talking about. 

4.  I already apologized for trying to help you.  I will not make that mistake again.   :)

What questions did I not answer?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2016, 06:38:42 AM »
The Sleaziness of Donald Trump
By THE EDITORIAL BOARD

And so we have now heard the Republican nominee for president of the United States bragging about repeated sexual assault.

Donald Trump — a man who aspires to represent the highest ideals of the nation to his fellow citizens and the world — is heard on a videotape obtained by The Washington Post talking about how he would force himself on women. He could even grab them between their legs, he boasted.

“And when you’re a star they let you do it,” he said.

In a statement released after the video became public on Friday, Mr. Trump tried to minimize the conversation as “locker room banter.” As if the problem were just his words rather than his actions.

“I apologize,” he added, “if anyone was offended.”

If? Well, maybe it’s reasonable for him to wonder. This is a man who has said many outrageous things, after all, proudly violating all conventions of civic discourse with gutter attacks on women and the disabled, immigrants and minorities. He said that Senator John McCain was not a war hero and that fat women were disgusting.

Yet, those kinds of remarks have not deterred the millions of Americans who fervently support him. And the Republican establishment has remained staunchly in his corner. So it is perhaps quite understandable that Mr. Trump might wonder whether anyone might be so sensitive as to actually be offended.

But has he gone too far, at last?

Gov. Mike Pence, you are proud to be a Christian conservative. Is this a man you would want at your dinner table, let alone in the Oval Office?

Speaker Paul Ryan, you couldn’t possibly want Donald Trump as a role model for your children. Why do you diminish yourself by urging him on the country?

Senator Kelly Ayotte, you said this week in your race for re-election from New Hampshire that Mr. Trump was a role model for children. Then you said you’d misspoken but you still planned to vote for him, even though you weren’t actually endorsing him. Will you continue to tie yourself in knots like this?

The tape was made “many years ago,” Mr. Trump noted in his statement on Friday. It was made in 2005. He was then 59 years old. It would be hard for anyone to argue that the man he was then is not the man he is now.

Mr. Trump also noted that Bill Clinton had “said far worse to me on the golf course.” Who knows if that is true, and why should anyone care? Mr. Clinton is not running for president, and, at least until now, Republican politicians have not treated his private behavior as the standard by which they should be judged.

We elect our presidents in the hope that they will do their best for us, including to try — whatever their flaws and ours — to represent the best in us. There is no such hope for Donald Trump.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2016, 08:18:30 AM »
That Utah guy, Rep Jason Chaffetz, who denounced Trump the night this went down hours after the expose':  he's a major player.  He led a huge witch hunt against Hillary. 

By going against Trump, he's given ALL Republicans "cover" to say, "Oh, I'm not with 'that guy' either!"

The GOP needs to cut the wart off this cancer quickly.  They'll individually go down with them possibly and the GOP will most CERTAINLY be tarnished as radical losers forever.  Win or lose, I think the GOP will need to start over.

They are fucked.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2016, 08:31:48 AM »
That Utah guy, Rep Jason Chaffetz, who denounced Trump the night this went down hours after the expose':  he's a major player.  He led a huge witch hunt against Hillary. 

By going against Trump, he's given ALL Republicans "cover" to say, "Oh, I'm not with 'that guy' either!"

The GOP needs to cut the wart off this cancer quickly.  They'll individually go down with them possibly and the GOP will most CERTAINLY be tarnished as radical losers forever.  Win or lose, I think the GOP will need to start over.

They are fucked.
People can't seem to get it through their head that Trump is here because the GOP has already failed severely. Nobody trusts them to do anything to begin with as they haven't been doing anything for years.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2016, 01:25:01 PM »
3 big questions Donald Trump will have to answer about this lewd video
By Aaron Blake

Donald Trump issued a more extensive apology late Friday for a newly unearthed video of him talking in graphic and lewd terms about trying to have sex with a woman, among other topics.

But given that we're headed for a debate in a little more than 36 hours — and given that Trump is still defiant in his apology, also using the opportunity to start attacking the Clintons for Bill Clinton's behavior — it's likely the video will be a significant focus of the questioning at the debate and going forward.

Trump spoke to reporters in various interviews Saturday to declare that he's not dropping out of the race, as many in the party are now urging him to do.

But there remain plenty of big, unanswered questions. And if and when Trump does get these questions — at the debate or otherwise — here's what he should be asked.

1. Did he actually pursue a married woman?

While Trump's comments are lewd, there is also the fact that he said he was pursuing a woman he admitted was married.

“And I moved on her very heavily in fact,” he said. “I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture. I took her out furniture. I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there, and she was married.”

This is a pretty detailed story — taking the woman furniture shopping — for Trump to have made it up whole-cloth. Did Trump know the woman was married when he “moved on” her? Does or did he often do this?

(“Access Hollywood,” whose hot mic Trump was caught on, has identified the married woman as its then-host Nancy O'Dell, who also hosted Trump's Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants. O'Dell was married to her husband in June 2005, just months before the video was probably taped. But she had previously been married, so it's still not clear what time period Trump was referring to.)

2. Was he married to Melania Trump at the time?

Trump told the story at a time when he was married to Melania Trump. They married in January 2005, and the video appears to have been shot around Sept. 16, 2005, according to The Washington Post's David Fahrenthold.

Trump also alludes in the video to Melania being “okay" with him kissing and hugging other women when he greets them.

But was the particular story he tells about pursuing a woman about a time when he was also married to Melania Trump, or dating her? The two married in 2005 but met in 1998.

Trump's history of infidelity is well-documented, and this certainly invites questions about whether it continued.

3. How often does he talk like this?

Trump said in his apology that “anyone who knows me knows these words don't reflect who I am. I said it, I was wrong, and I apologize."

But the Associated Press recently reported on employees of his NBC reality show, “The Apprentice," saying Trump often spoke in very similar terms during the production of that show. From the AP's report Monday:

In his years as a reality TV boss on “The Apprentice," Donald Trump repeatedly demeaned women with sexist language, according to show insiders who said he rated female contestants by the size of their breasts and talked about which ones he'd like to have sex with.

Eight former crew members recalled that he repeatedly made lewd comments about a camerawoman he said had a nice rear, comparing her beauty to that of his daughter, Ivanka.

Randal Pinkett, who won the program in December 2005 and who has recently criticized Trump during his run for president, said he remembered the real estate mogul talking about which female contestants he wanted to sleep with, even though Trump had married former model Melania Knauss earlier that year: "He was like 'Isn't she hot, check her out,' kind of gawking, something to the effect of 'I'd like to hit that.'"

The Trump campaign issued a full denial in response to the AP report. "These outlandish, unsubstantiated, and totally false claims fabricated by publicity hungry, opportunistic, disgruntled former employees, have no merit whatsoever," Trump spokesman Hope Hicks said at the time.

But the behavior described in the AP report is very similar to the behavior we now see with our own eyes on the newly unearthed video. The claims of the people the AP talked to don't seem very "outlandish" anymore.

Stories like this have a tendency to snowball, and Trump has been wearing a microphone for a large portion of the past few decades. If he spoke like this frequently, now would be a good time to say so.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »
John McCain Withdraws Support for Donald Trump After Disclosure of Recording
By ALAN RAPPEPORT

Senator John McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee, withdrew his support on Saturday for Donald J. Trump as the Republican Party descended into chaos. On Friday, a recording was released showing showing Mr. Trump speaking about women in lewd and degrading terms.

A defiant Trump says he will not step aside as his wife, Melania, released a statement.

Though he faced calls from many in his party to step aside, Mr. Trump vowed in an interview that he would “never drop out of this race in a million years.” He later took a stronger stance on Twitter.

Mr. Trump’s wife, Melania, said in a statement on Saturday that although his words about women were “unacceptable and offensive” to her, she hoped that “people will accept his apology, as I have, and focus on the important issues facing our nation and the world.”

Mr. Trump showed up just before 5 p.m.in the lobby of Trump Tower, accompanied by his campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, and his eldest child, Donald Trump Jr. Security officials stopped reporters and attempted to bar them from getting near him as he went outside and immersed himself in a waiting crowd out of supporters, who had gathered hours earlier for a rally.

“Hundred percent,” Mr. Trump told reporters who yelled questions about whether he would stay in the race. He ignored other quetsions about his repsonse to the defections by Republicans.
Prominent Republicans rescind endorsements and distance themselves from Trump.

•Mr. McCain, who has criticized Mr. Trump repeatedly, officially withdrew his backing. “I have wanted to support the candidate our party nominated,” he said in a statement. He added: “But Donald Trump’s behavior this week, concluding with the disclosure of his demeaning comments about women and his boasts about sexual assaults, make it impossible to continue to offer even conditional support for his candidacy.”

• House Speaker Paul D. Ryan said he was “sickened” by Mr. Trump’s behavior and disinvited him from an event in Wisconsin on Saturday. There, he referred obliquely to the episode. “There is an elephant in the room. That is not what we are here to talk about today.” (Here’s how Mr. Ryan and Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, have condemned Mr. Trump in past statements.)

• Former primary opponents such as Carly Fiorina and Gov. John Kasich of Ohio said Mr. Trump stand down. Mr. Kasich declared that the warning signs were right and that he would never vote for Mr. Trump.

• Mr. Trump’s most strident defender, his running mate, Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana, called the remarks from the 2005 video indefensible.

• We are also tallying the number of Republican leaders who say they won’t vote for Mr. Trump.

Some Republicans want to dump Trump. Can they?

Experts say that swapping out a presidential nominee at this stage of the game would be virtually impossible unless Mr. Trump dies, becomes incapacitated or decides to quit.

Trying to change the Republican National Committee’s rules with so little time until Election Day would be a logistical nightmare, and those rules do not give the party the power to change the nominee because people are unhappy.

If Mr. Trump did decide to drop out, the logistics would also be challenging because ballots have been printed and voting has already started in many places. We break it down in our Q. and A.

Still, as unlikely as that scenario appears to be, that remains the best hope for finding a new nominee.
Ardent Trump backers put focus on Bill Clinton.

A defiant Mr. Trump signaled in his overnight apology that he was ready to take the fight over his treatment of women back to the Clintons, particularly former President Bill Clinton.

Mr. Trump accused him of abusing women, and insisted that Hillary Clinton had enabled him.

Mr. Trump’s supporters on cable news have generally acknowledged that his comments in the video were offensive, but they have quickly pivoted the discussion back to Mr. Clinton’s past.

Sean Hannity, the Fox News host who is one of Mr. Trump’s staunchest allies, devoted most of his show on Friday evening to allegations of abuse by Mr. Clinton.

That Sunday debate will be must-see television.

The showdown between Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton on Sunday night takes on even greater importance following Mr. Trump’s latest controversy. Unless he speaks beforehand, it will be his first chance to publicly take questions about his behavior on the recording. The audience could approach 100 million.

Many Republicans who have yet to denounce Mr. Trump have suggested that the debate will be a make-or-break moment for him.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2016, 03:42:17 PM »
the only people this would affect is girly men and they wouldnt vote for trump anyway so it doesnt make any difference.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »
John McCain Withdraws Support for Donald Trump After Disclosure of Recording

The dinosaur who is "worried about his re-election"...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2016, 06:45:57 PM »
He took a suggestion from himself to lie, I'm sure.  Wasn't at all a hard sell, no doubt.

Personal opinions aren't facts.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2016, 06:50:17 PM »
What questions did I not answer?

I actually asked you a couple of questions, but this is the one I am most interested in knowing your answer to: Aside from you searching for validation via the internet, what personal experience do you have with regards to adultery and the military?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2016, 06:55:54 PM »
the only people this would affect is girly men and they wouldnt vote for trump anyway so it doesnt make any difference.

Which definitely explains why some Getbiggers have not problem with these kinds of remarks. Fortunately, you won't carry the vote....if you even vote at all.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2016, 03:24:43 AM »
GOP consumed by crisis as more Republicans call on Trump to quit race
By Jenna Johnson, Sean Sullivan and Robert Costa

The Republican Party plunged into an epic and historic political crisis Saturday with just a month to go until Election Day as a growing wave of GOP lawmakers called on defiant presidential nominee Donald Trump to drop out of the race in the wake of a video showing him make crude sexual remarks.

The fallout from the tape published by The Washington Post — in which Trump bragged in obscene language about forcing himself on women sexually — threatens to endanger the party’s hold on both houses of Congress in addition to the White House, which many Republicans now fear is lost. The episode also comes ahead of Sunday’s second presidential debate in St. Louis, which was already a crucial moment but could determine how widely the damage spreads.

By midafternoon Saturday, more than two dozen Republican lawmakers had called on Trump to leave the race, often touting vice presidential candidate Mike Pence as an alternative. Others including Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), the 2008 GOP nominee, said they could no longer vote for Trump but stopped short of calling on him to drop out. Still, the Republican Party’s top leadership — including House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (Wis.), Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) and party chairman Reince Priebus — continued to support Trump even as they denounced his comments.

Trump, who offered a qualified apology for the remarks in an overnight video statement while also attacking former president Bill Clinton, told The Post he would not drop out under any circumstances.

“I’d never withdraw. I’ve never withdrawn in my life,” Trump said in a Saturday morning phone call from his home in Trump Tower in New York. “No, I’m not quitting this race. I have tremendous support.

“They’re not going to make me quit, and they can’t make me quit,” Trump added, speaking of those who have urged him to step aside. “The Republicans, you’ve got to remember, have been running for a long time. The reason they don’t win is because they don’t stick together.”

In the 2005 videotape, Trump boasted in vulgar language about kissing, groping and trying to have sex with women during a conversation caught on a hot microphone, saying that “when you’re a star, they let you do it. They let you do anything.”

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and her allies seized on the video as another in a long line of disqualifying remarks and actions by Trump, and increased their pressure on Republican candidates to disavow their support of him or risk being tied to him on Election Day. Democrats are now openly confident they will win the Senate and increasingly optimistic that they could even flip control of the House, which seemed out of reach just a few days ago.

Clinton does not plan to do any interviews or make any further statement herself until the debate Sunday, when she plans to quickly address Trump’s fitness for office, said a close aide who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe some of the internal discussions. Several Clinton associates said she will not detail the particulars of Trump’s comments, instead attempting to show her fitness for high office by contrast.

Another burst of offensive remarks by Trump emerged Saturday as CNN aired a review of hours of newly uncovered audio from shock-jock Howard Stern’s show. Trump spoke of his daughter Ivanka’s breasts, three-way sex and not dating women who are older than 35. He also described barging in on nude Miss Universe beauty pageant contestants in their dressing room, characterizing his visits as inspections.

Several Democrats said they think Trump will come into Sunday’s town-hall-style debate with the mind set of a “wounded animal,” a factor that could make him more dangerous to Clinton — and to himself.

“I’ve never seen a candidate walk into a debate with this much at stake,” said longtime Clinton ally James Carville. “He’s overweight, he’s old, he’s tired and he’s crabby. And he’s going to have a very long hour-and-a-half.”

Trump and his surrogates signaled that the nominee could defend himself by attacking Bill Clinton, whom Trump has accused of abusing women and making comments while golfing with Trump that are more crude than the ones Trump made in 2005. On Saturday night, Trump retweeted two messages from an account labeled as belonging to Juanita Broaddrick, who alleged in 1999 that Bill Clinton had raped her in April 1978. The tweets accused Bill Clinton of being a “rapist” and accused Hillary Clinton of threatening her; the Clintons have repeatedly denied the allegations.

Some news coverage of Trump included warnings of graphic material or profane language, another sign of how ugly the election has become and, given Trump’s threats to invoke Bill Clinton’s infidelities, how much worse it might get.

Roger Stone, a longtime Republican operative and outside Trump adviser, said Saturday that he and the InfoWars conspiracy website were selling 10,000 T-shirts with Bill Clinton’s face next to the word “rape,” a dark parody of President Obama’s 2008 “Hope” posters. He worried that Trump had missed a “prime opportunity” to attack Hillary Clinton over the affairs, but said there was still a way for Trump to litigate it.

“It’s not about adultery,” Stone said. “It’s about Bill hiring heavy-handed private detectives. It’s about violence against women. I know you and your colleagues want this to be about infidelity, but it’s about Hillary Clinton enabling attacks on women.”

A growing number of elected lawmakers and other prominent Republicans said they simply cannot vote for Trump, given the video. McCain, who is up for reelection in November, said Saturday that he and his wife would not vote for Trump and will instead “write in the name of some good conservative Republican who is qualified to be president.” McCain had supported Trump even though the businessman joked about him being captured during the Vietnam War and then refused to apologize.

Many said they would like to hand the ticket over to Pence, but experts said it would be almost impossible logistically for the party to replace its nominee a month from the election. Among those calling for Trump to drop out is the third-highest ranking Republican in the Senate, John Thune of South Dakota, who tweeted Saturday: “Donald Trump should withdraw and Mike Pence should be our nominee effective immediately.”

Condoleezza Rice, who was secretary of state during George W. Bush’s administration, posted on Facebook: “Enough! Donald Trump should not be President. He should withdraw. As a Republican, I hope to support someone who has the dignity and stature to run for the highest office in the greatest democracy on earth.”

The calls for Trump to step aside started Friday night, after several weeks of growing confidence among congressional Republicans that their candidates had distinguished themselves enough from Trump that they would maintain the majorities. But then they waited and waited for Trump to fully apologize for his comments, leading to a first wave of denunciations from those who had already said they wouldn’t vote for Trump or who had avoided taking a stance.

Sen. Mark Kirk (Ill.), who revoked his endorsement of Trump in June, called on Trump to drop out so that the party could “engage rules for emergency replacement.” Sen. Mike Lee (Utah), one of very few Republican senators who never endorsed Trump, called for the nominee to “step aside” and asked conservatives to find a new candidate.

“It’s occurred to me on countless occasions today that if anyone spoke to my wife, my daughter, my mother or any of my five sisters the way Mr. Trump has spoken to women, I wouldn’t hire that person. I wouldn’t hire that person, wouldn’t want to be associated with that person,” Lee said in a video filmed at his home in Utah. “And, I certainly don’t think I would feel comfortable hiring that person to be the leader of the free world.”

On Saturday morning, the calls increased and began to include some of Trump’s supporters and those from strongly Republican states.

“As disappointed as I’ve been with his antics throughout this campaign, I thought supporting the nominee was the best thing for our country and our party,” Rep. Martha Roby (Ala.) said in a statement. “Now, it is abundantly clear that the best thing for our country and for our party is for Trump to step aside and allow a responsible, respectable Republican to lead the ticket.”

Kelly Ayotte, the New Hampshire senator in a tight reelection race, who had said she supported but did not endorse Trump, tweeted Saturday morning that she would not vote for him and would instead write in Pence.

“I cannot and will not support a candidate for president who brags about degrading and assaulting women,” Ayotte said in a statement.

Some fundraisers for Trump worry that pledged donations might not come in during the final four weeks and that new donations might dry up. But GOP megadonors Robert and Rebekah Mercer, two of the most influential figures in Trump’s orbit, said Saturday that their support for the GOP nominee has not faltered: “We are completely indifferent to Mr. Trump’s locker room braggadocio.”

Trump was supposed to campaign Saturday in Wisconsin with Ryan, Priebus and other prominent Republicans, but Ryan rescinded the invitation on Friday. Pence was supposed to go in Trump’s place but decided against it to give Trump space to navigate the fallout from his statements, according to a campaign aide.

After avoiding questions about Trump’s comments at campaign events on Friday, Pence issued a statement on Saturday that said: “As a husband and father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the eleven-year-old video released yesterday. I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them. I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people.”

Trump’s wife, Melania, released a similar statement: “The words my husband used are unacceptable and offensive to me. This does not represent the man that I know. He has the heart and mind of a leader. I hope people will accept his apology, as I have, and focus on the important issues facing our nation and the world.”

In both New Hampshire and Ohio, the GOP chairs signaled there would be no repercussions from the party for any elected officials or others who make a clean break from the nominee.

New Hampshire GOP chair Jennifer Horn issued a statement condemning Trump’s “erratic behavior” and “outrageous comments.” She added, “There will be no repercussions from the party directed at those who choose not to support Donald Trump.

In Ohio, party chair Matt Borges said in an interview that the state party would be “fully supportive” of Sen. Rob Portman, who is running for reelection against former governor Ted Strickland.

“Rob needs to know that we are fully supportive of his campaign,” Borges said in a phone interview. “However he chooses to proceed there will be no ramifications from the state party.”

Trump said in a statement that he planned to spend Saturday preparing for Sunday’s presidential debate with the help of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Sen. Jeff Sessions (Ala.) and Priebus, who on Friday said that no one should ever talk about women the way that Trump did in 2005.

On Saturday morning, Trump broke an hours-long silence and tweeted: “Certainly has been an interesting 24 hours!” He tweeted again Saturday afternoon: “The media and establishment want me out of the race so badly - I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE, WILL NEVER LET MY SUPPORTERS DOWN!”

Meanwhile, Trump’s 2005 comments played again and again on cable news, upstaging even a dangerous hurricane. Some of Trump’s surrogates and prominent supporters came to his defense.

Sen. Roy Blunt (Mo.), a member of the party leadership who is facing a tough reelection battle, said Saturday that Trump’s comments were “absolutely unacceptable,” but he dismissed the idea that Trump could step aside 30 days before the election to make way for another nominee.

“I think that’s an unrealistic solution,” Blunt said. “The devastation of Obamacare, the out-of-control regulators, the foreign policy that our friends don’t trust us, make a third Obama term an unacceptable alternative.”

Asked whether he would vote for Trump, Blunt asked: “Didn’t I just say that?”

Dallas investor Doug Deason dismissed the episode as a manufactured media story.

“It’s just CNN and the press making a big deal out of nothing,” he said. “Anybody who is surprised about that or appalled or shocked is disingenuous. People knew that Trump was like that in those days. There’s probably more of it out there. He’s not like that anymore. He is a changed guy. We are a nation that believes in redemption and second chances, right? I don’t think he’s been that way for a very long time.”

Late Saturday afternoon, Trump emerged from Trump Tower with a swarm of U.S. Secret Service agents, surprising reporters who had staked out the lobby and delighting tourists and supporters hoping for a sighting.

As Trump waved at the crowd, reporters fired off questions: Will he stay in the race? What’s his message to his supporters? For the Republican Party?

“Tremendous support!” Trump said. “Tremendous support!”

When asked if he would stay in the race, Trump responded: “One hundred percent.”

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2016, 05:40:38 AM »
I just want to see how this is going to END.  I'll give Trump one thing:  he can put up a fight.  I think he's going to go out swinging.  What do you guys think?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2016, 07:10:38 AM »
I just want to see how this is going to END.  I'll give Trump one thing:  he can put up a fight.  I think he's going to go out swinging.  What do you guys think?
I think if I made a side by side list of all the dumb things Trump has SAID vs all the lies Killary has told, Trump would look like a schoolgirl comparatively.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2016, 07:13:35 AM »
The problem is that trump has no discipline and gets baited so easily into this stuff.

Hillcunt is a murdering witch and communist ahole.   Trump is and always manages to take the focus of her and allows her to bide her time

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2016, 07:14:42 AM »

I hope he goes off at the debate tonight... at this point and before this point in time, I think we all knew who we were voting for. fuck the undecided voter.. too much distance between these to fuck ups for anyone to be truly "undecided".... in the end, I think we are fucked one way or another. but I like Trumps vision of self destruction vs Hillarys any day.  

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2016, 07:46:45 AM »
I hope he goes off at the debate tonight... at this point and before this point in time, I think we all knew who we were voting for. fuck the undecided voter.. too much distance between these to fuck ups for anyone to be truly "undecided".... in the end, I think we are fucked one way or another. but I like Trumps vision of self destruction vs Hillarys any day.  

at least with Trump we go down fighting for ourselves rather than with Hildog we bend over, grab our ankles and let 3rd world savages rape us in the ass and take my paycheck

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2016, 08:13:18 AM »
Pence would destroy Hilary in a 1 on 1 matchup.  Adding Carly to the vp slot mends a lot of fences. 

Trump has so many negatives.  He's a mess. Just hand it to pence and give him a chance against Hilary. It's not binary. There's still time for pence to beat Hilary.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2016, 07:40:01 PM »
Personal opinions aren't facts.

Do you think it was a little devil on his shoulder, advising him?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2016, 04:40:19 AM »
Donald Trump and Mike Pence’s relationship just took a nosedive
By Amber Phillips

Donald Trump and his No. 2, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), aren't on the best of terms right now. And things just got even rockier.

In Sunday's presidential debate, moderator Martha Raddatz pointed out that just a week earlier, Pence appeared to contradict his own nominee on Syria.

Trump, in response, didn't seem to care much about what Pence thought.

Some background on the issue at hand: In the Oct. 3 vice presidential debate, Pence said the United States should consider striking a key Russian military ally, Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad. But far from striking Russian allies in Syria, Trump has indicated he'd be open to working with Russia in Syria.

But the disagreements between Pence and Trump go way beyond Russia. Throughout this campaign, Pence played the role of trying to course-correct Trump when Trump said something controversial. That often lead Pence to say something that indirectly contradicted Trump, on everything from whether to endorse congressional Republicans, release tax returns and how to talk about the family of a fallen solider. Seriously, we have a whole list of where they diverge.

Whether to attack or work with Russia in Syria was just one of several instances in the vice presidential debate where Pence claimed the Pence-Trump ticket supported or believed something it did not.

Sometimes it feels like Pence and Trump have been running parallel campaigns. But up until this weekend, neither candidate had acknowledged just how much they disagree. Now, the gloves are off.

On Saturday, Pence said he "can't defend" lewd comments Trump made about women while on a TV show in 2005.  Pence's statement specifically referred to that audio, but as I wrote Saturday:

Pence may as well have been talking about this entire 2016 election. From the moment Pence accepted Trump's vice-presidential nomination this June, he's been in a sometimes-awkward, often-difficult, ultimately no-win situation: How does someone like Pence, a traditional social conservative with deep establishment roots, defend and champion the most untraditional and controversial major-party presidential nominee in modern history?

After watching Pence campaign these past few months, the answer seems to be a reality he acknowledged in part Saturday: He can't.

Trump, never one to back away from a fight, most definitely noticed his running mate didn't have his back. On Sunday night, it was his turn to throw a punch. And he did, by essentially dismissing the guy he shares a ticket with.

Publicly, at least, Pence remained seated on the Trump Train Sunday night.

But social media fired up when Trump so publicly disagreed with Pence. Stay tuned...